Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shana09

Does anybody have an IPhone 6 or a Samsung Galaxy S6?

Hey so I lost my phone at comic con so I might need to get another sooner or later.

I was wondering if anyone can give me feedback on both phones and its versions (like 6S and S6 Edge & S6 Edge+) and if its nice and all. I'm gonna check it myself but I wanted to know what you guys think is better.

I personally would not get a Galaxy due to my horrible experience with my S4. It had heating issues and had to replace the battery twice. As for iPhone, it is overpriced. If you want to get a new phone, I recommend LG, Sony and HTC. Or the new Nexus devices if you prefer.

As for your lost phone, you should,be able to track it with Find my Phone or Find my iPhone (pr whatever Apple calls it) so you may not need a new phone anyway.

I don't have IPhone 6 but I do have 5c. I love both IPhone and Androids, however I admit I do love IPhone more. I love the design on the IPhone and the general shape/feel of the phone compared to Androids. I'd recommend IPhone 6 in that case.However, when it comes to apps it's a different story. I've noticed that although IPhone has more 'mainstream' apps (for example, many of my friends had a lot of apps that I wanted but I couldn't get since it was IOS only when I had an Android) so there's that. However, there's a lot of apps that the IPhone doesn't have in the App Store in regards to what I call 'fun' apps. What I mean is, you won't find any emulator apps or free music download apps for your IPhone. There is a few music downloader apps for the IPhone but not like the ones you'd find on the Android Store. Emulators aren't allowed on the IPhone Store at all, so don't expect to play any Pokemon or anything like that on your phone. If you want to have access to apps like that, get the Android. Android isn't strict when it comes to that, as you'll find a bunch of emulator and free music downloader apps on the Android store (as well as similar apps in general.) I also noticed that there's a few games that have free versions in the Android store while the IPhone Store doesn't.In regards to battery life, in my opinion it's generally the same for both types of phones. Many people say IPhones burn out battery quick, which is true depending on how much you use it. I got used to the battery life very easily and I almost always only have to charge the phone once at night. Just make sure the apps you're not using is always closed. And playing certain games like Sonic Runners takes out your battery quicker. In terms of battery life, I say Android but honestly IPhones isn't a dramatic difference. You get used to it quickly and if you're busy anyway you'll never have to charge it.On performance, both phones worked well for me. Both have the same problems at times such as app crashing but other than that they're both equal in my opinion. So it's either or in this part. I have read however that some apps perform better on the IPhone version (going by games like Sonic Runners, I've read that people experience less problems on the IPhone version but that might just be the game itself)Again, this is only a recommendation for Androids and IPhones as a whole and not the different models themselves. I believe my dad has a Galaxy and he loves it (I'm not sure if it's a Galaxy but I think so). I myself love my IPhone. Again, it's all on preference and what you want from your phone. I recommend using it in stores and get a general feel if the phone. You can rent phones too but that's stupid imo.

I personally would not get a Galaxy due to my horrible experience with my S4. It had heating issues and had to replace the battery twice. As for iPhone, it is overpriced. If you want to get a new phone, I recommend LG, Sony and HTC. Or the new Nexus devices if you prefer.As for your lost phone, you should,be able to track it with Find my Phone or Find my iPhone (pr whatever Apple calls it) so you may not need a new phone anyway.

You have to have the app downloaded and set up on your lost phone. I have it set up on my phone if it ever gets lost and I absolutely love the app. Edited by Aqua7KH

I'm a tech expert, so hands down go for the S6 Edge or S6 Edge+. Unless you like Apple's feel and ui more.

The S6's can pretty much handle anything you throw at it, and so can an iPhone, but the S6 is not limited in what it wants to run (apps), while Apple blocks anything that could be illegal (emulators for example). Android for those who prefer to control everything about their phone and iOS for those who just want a "simple and clean" interface. Ba dum tss.

Although, if you're going the android route, I recommend the LG G4, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, HTC (any) or Moto X Play/Style. All of the above are cheaper than an S6 and some are even bumper to bumper with it. If you have an questions about a specific phone, you can ask me bro. Sorry if I missed out on any key info xD.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime, though I have relatives who have iPhones, which I believe are iPhone 6s but could be wrong there.  Personally I love all of the features pertaining to the iPhone; the formatting is great, and the content is just superb.  However, I probably wouldn't get one myself because of the shattering screen issues that iPhones tend to have.  Almost everyone I know has managed to shatter the interior glass in their iPhone, though I was told by a phone representative (who was actually selling iPhones) that it's the type of glass that Apple uses that's relatively cheap and easy to break.  Samsungs just don't have that problem.  I've had a Samsung for almost three years--my Galaxy Core Prime for one year--and I've honestly loved it.  I've never had any issues with it overheating, battery draining, or anything of that nature.  I think I had the system lock up once where I had to restart it, but considering I leave it on 24/7 and use it so much I don't think that's bad at all.  You have to expect technology to falter once in a while. ; )  Heck, I've even dropped it on concrete twice and it barely received a scratch, which I thought was impressive.

Having said this, I personally would opt for the Samsung Galaxy S6, just because I don't think the iPhone is a quality phone in terms of structure.  Hope that helps some, and good luck with your phone purchase!  Sorry to hear that you'd lost your other one; that could only stink horrendously.

Edited by Mystics Apprentice

Can't say I have either, but I have heard that the Galaxy's are very hit and miss between iterations. The S6 (along with its other variants) are also ridiculous in price in comparison to other Android phones out there that do the same, if not better, job. Personally I have an Xperia Z3, so I can't really help make a case from an iPhone point-of-view.

I personally would not get a Galaxy due to my horrible experience with my S4. It had heating issues and had to replace the battery twice. As for iPhone, it is overpriced. If you want to get a new phone, I recommend LG, Sony and HTC. Or the new Nexus devices if you prefer.As for your lost phone, you should,be able to track it with Find my Phone or Find my iPhone (pr whatever Apple calls it) so you may not need a new phone anyway.

I would but I was dumb enough to not have the app set up.

I wont mind spill a couple of extra bucks on a S6. At least its cheaper than the iPhone 6S.

I don't have IPhone 6 but I do have 5c. I love both IPhone and Androids, however I admit I do love IPhone more. I love the design on the IPhone and the general shape/feel of the phone compared to Androids. I'd recommend IPhone 6 in that case.However, when it comes to apps it's a different story. I've noticed that although IPhone has more 'mainstream' apps (for example, many of my friends had a lot of apps that I wanted but I couldn't get since it was IOS only when I had an Android) so there's that. However, there's a lot of apps that the IPhone doesn't have in the App Store in regards to what I call 'fun' apps. What I mean is, you won't find any emulator apps or free music download apps for your IPhone. There is a few music downloader apps for the IPhone but not like the ones you'd find on the Android Store. Emulators aren't allowed on the IPhone Store at all, so don't expect to play any Pokemon or anything like that on your phone. If you want to have access to apps like that, get the Android. Android isn't strict when it comes to that, as you'll find a bunch of emulator and free music downloader apps on the Android store (as well as similar apps in general.) I also noticed that there's a few games that have free versions in the Android store while the IPhone Store doesn't.In regards to battery life, in my opinion it's generally the same for both types of phones. Many people say IPhones burn out battery quick, which is true depending on how much you use it. I got used to the battery life very easily and I almost always only have to charge the phone once at night. Just make sure the apps you're not using is always closed. And playing certain games like Sonic Runners takes out your battery quicker. In terms of battery life, I say Android but honestly IPhones isn't a dramatic difference. You get used to it quickly and if you're busy anyway you'll never have to charge it.On performance, both phones worked well for me. Both have the same problems at times such as app crashing but other than that they're both equal in my opinion. So it's either or in this part. I have read however that some apps perform better on the IPhone version (going by games like Sonic Runners, I've read that people experience less problems on the IPhone version but that might just be the game itself)Again, this is only a recommendation for Androids and IPhones as a whole and not the different models themselves. I believe my dad has a Galaxy and he loves it (I'm not sure if it's a Galaxy but I think so). I myself love my IPhone. Again, it's all on preference and what you want from your phone. I recommend using it in stores and get a general feel if the phone. You can rent phones too but that's stupid imo.You have to have the app downloaded and set up on your lost phone. I have it set up on my phone if it ever gets lost and I absolutely love the app.

I love both just like you said and I lost my Samsung Galaxy S4. Its just so difficult each time i need a new phone because I'm always in the middle. I love how iPhone 6S (especially when they updated the interface a while back, it looks so beautiful) looks now and its just bothersome to pick.

Yeah I'm gonna check out the phones possibly tomorrow.

I'm a tech expert, so hands down go for the S6 Edge or S6 Edge+. Unless you like Apple's feel and ui more.

The S6's can pretty much handle anything you throw at it, and so can an iPhone, but the S6 is not limited in what it wants to run (apps), while Apple blocks anything that could be illegal (emulators for example). Android for those who prefer to control everything about their phone and iOS for those who just want a "simple and clean" interface. Ba dum tss.

Although, if you're going the android route, I recommend the LG G4, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, HTC (any) or Moto X Play/Style. All of the above are cheaper than an S6 and some are even bumper to bumper with it. If you have an questions about a specific phone, you can ask me bro. Sorry if I missed out on any key info xD.

What's the difference between the S6 and the S6 Edge+? My brother got the HTC Edge something and I don't get what's the actual difference with the exception to the side bar. And thanks, I'll ask you if I need to.

Can't say I have either, but I have heard that the Galaxy's are very hit and miss between iterations. The S6 (along with its other variants) are also ridiculous in price in comparison to other Android phones out there that do the same, if not better, job. Personally I have an Xperia Z3, so I can't really help make a case from an iPhone point-of-view.

Yeah I heard the S5 wasn't that big of an update while the S6 is.

I would but I was dumb enough to not have the app set up.

I wont mind spill a couple of extra bucks on a S6. At least its cheaper than the iPhone 6S.

I love both just like you said and I lost my Samsung Galaxy S4. Its just so difficult each time i need a new phone because I'm always in the middle. I love how iPhone 6S (especially when they updated the interface a while back, it looks so beautiful) looks now and its just bothersome to pick.

Yeah I'm gonna check out the phones possibly tomorrow.

What's the difference between the S6 and the S6 Edge+? My brother got the HTC Edge something and I don't get what's the actual difference with the exception to the side bar. And thanks, I'll ask you if I need to.

Yeah I heard the S5 wasn't that big of an update while the S6 is.

It's not the HTC edge, maybe the S6 Edge (two curved sides) or the Note 4 Edge (One curved side). S6 Edge is the S6 with curved screens, and the note 4 edge is just the note 4 with one curved side. The S6 Edge and S6 Edge+ are different because the + is the successor to the S6 Edge. S6 Edge+ is a very strong device, on par with the note 5. S6 Edge is on par with the S6 and note 4.

It's not the HTC edge, maybe the S6 Edge (two curved sides) or the Note 4 Edge (One curved side). S6 Edge is the S6 with curved screens, and the note 4 edge is just the note 4 with one curved side. The S6 Edge and S6 Edge+ are different because the + is the successor to the S6 Edge. S6 Edge+ is a very strong device, on par with the note 5. S6 Edge is on par with the S6 and note 4.

My bad my brother old phone is a HTC, he got the S6 Edge. Gonna check it out, thanks for the help.

You're welcome, Hiro.

Might I ask how you join a team?

A team as in my moderator team? Alright I'll let you know but not lets get off topic here. Well I was pretty active on the website at the time when sectional moderators were a thing. Sectional moderators was an experiment made by DC and I didn't apply for it or anything. I made tournaments and stuff like that until the day DC approached me and decided to ask me to become a sectional moderator for Pokémon. I said sure.

So I guess in that case, be more involved in the community and let yourself be known. Most of the people on the staff, or per say the people on the moderator staff, are pretty well known one way or another. However this might be a little outdated since there is no experimental thing going on, but who knows, if you want to join lets say a news team try hunting for new news and posting it on the site before someone else does. It could increase your chances when you need to apply one day.

Another more efficient way is to join when other team leaders are asking for recruits. Like I create moderator application threads so new mods can join since I need them at that moment. So wait for those to roll around and apply and hope for the best. If you don't get in, well, there is always next time.

If you got any more questions, just PM me.

A team as in my moderator team? Alright I'll let you know but not lets get off topic here. Well I was pretty active on the website at the time when sectional moderators were a thing. Sectional moderators was an experiment made by DC and I didn't apply for it or anything. I made tournaments and stuff like that until the day DC approached me and decided to ask me to become a sectional moderator for Pokémon. I said sure.

So I guess in that case, be more involved in the community and let yourself be known. Most of the people on the staff, or per say the people on the moderator staff, are pretty well known one way or another. However this might be a little outdated since there is no experimental thing going on, but who knows, if you want to join lets say a news team try hunting for new news and posting it on the site before someone else does. It could increase your chances when you need to apply one day.

Another more efficient way is to join when other team leaders are asking for recruits. Like I create moderator application threads so new mods can join since I need them at that moment. So wait for those to roll around and apply and hope for the best. If you don't get in, well, there is always next time.

If you got any more questions, just PM me.

Or if you're good with translating, you can join possibly join our news team and help us out with translating content. ;)

@topic - I am getting an iPhone 6s whenever I can and it looks really good from previews, lets hope the functionality is good. :D

Or if you're good with translating, you can join possibly join our news team and help us out with translating content. ;)

@topic - I am getting an iPhone 6s whenever I can and it looks really good from previews, lets hope the functionality is good. :D

I'm not that good at translating, hehe. Are you sure about the iPhone 6S? It's not as customizable as Android and not as much freedom. In the end, it's your choice, but I would have a look at my options. xD (Considering there are much better phones for the same price)

I'm not that good at translating, hehe. Are you sure about the iPhone 6S? It's not as customizable as Android and not as much freedom. In the end, it's your choice, but I would have a look at my options. xD (Considering there are much better phones for the same price)

What do you mean by not as customizable? What can Android customize that iPhone can't?

Everything.  Ever tried an Android and iOS side by side?

I had an iPhone 3G but that's really really old while my latest Samsung is an S4.

I checked out my brothers 6S Edge and it has something like Textra which seems really cool.

Still, I don't know what other differences it has. Can you explain?

I had an iPhone 3G but that's really really old while my latest Samsung is an S4.

I checked out my brothers 6S Edge and it has something like Textra which seems really cool.

Still, I don't know what other differences it has. Can you explain?

S6 Edge. Main differences are this

iPhone runs a software that is hard to hack into, simple and clean, and has the bigger appstore.

Android runs a software that is very customizable, albeit being less security conscious, you can set everything just the way you like it, and it has a less constricted appstore.

Also, most android flagships are stronger than the iPhones by a long shot, and some cheaper too.

I'm not an expert or anything, but in my experience I've noted that android seems to have wider support than iOs especially when it comes to emulators and the like. Personally, I would go for a third option and consider one of the new Sony Xperias, I recently bought a z3 compact and it's easily the best phone I ever bought. It's also cheaper than the Samsungs and IPhones

I'm not an expert or anything, but in my experience I've noted that android seems to have wider support than iOs especially when it comes to emulators and the like. Personally, I would go for a third option and consider one of the new Sony Xperias, I recently bought a z3 compact and it's easily the best phone I ever bought. It's also cheaper than the Samsungs and IPhones

But not enough bang for the buck. Motorola, LG, HTC and the Nexus phones give good bang for your buck. imo, Xperia is a really good line of phones, but just like iPhones, it is overpriced.

S6 Edge. Main differences are this

iPhone runs a software that is hard to hack into, simple and clean, and has the bigger appstore.

Android runs a software that is very customizable, albeit being less security conscious, you can set everything just the way you like it, and it has a less constricted appstore.

Also, most android flagships are stronger than the iPhones by a long shot, and some cheaper too.

Yeah but what does Android do that makes it customizable?

Android is a very customizable UI, with everything from widgets,, clocks, apps. iOS does not allow those kind of modifications unless you jailbreak it. 

I searched up the customization and it looks sooooo cool. I love how the themes change the ui. I wish it had more color tho. I'm wondering why phones don't have more color these days (like Rose Pink and Gold is slow steps).