Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Moochieh32

D23 This Weekend, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and 3 Trailers Are Still Possible

Well excuse him for trying to be positive.  >.>

There's a difference between Positive Thinking and Moddly-coddling the fanbase that is oh so tortured. >.>

Square never said that the trailer would be released at that time, so the victimizing of the fanbase shouldn't exist.

And Hashimoto's just enjoying himself as we speak :P

Actually, he's probably not at all happy about this.

Nothing has been stated implying that the trailer was only meant for the attendees of the event. The "making of"- video shown was said to be exclusive to the people at d23, but no such thing was said about the other trailers. This leads me to believe that we will most likely get the trailer in a few days.I think that the feeling of hopelessness a portion of the fanbase is dealing with, is a result of witnessing the brutal death of HYPE during the night.

It was misplaced Hype...its death was inevitable.

There's a difference between Positive Thinking and Moddly-coddling the fanbase that is oh so tortured. Give me a break. >.>

Square never said that the trailer would be released at that time, so the victimizing of the fanbase shouldn't exist.

Really I think reminding people that we will see these trailers at some point is a good thing. And hype will be hype. There's no controlling where it comes from.

Really I think reminding people that we will see these trailers at some point is a good thing. And hype will be hype. There's no controlling where it comes from.

I'm being realistic. Not overhyping KH3 like 95% of the fanbase is so obsessed with doing so futilely and foolishly it's no wonder everyone always gets disappointed.

I have no problem with reminding people that the trailers will be seen at all! :)

What I do have a problem with is the "There is still hope" GIF. It completely overplays the situation in such a way that only the KH Fanbase could do. It's silly and unneeded.

Hype is wasteful.

There's a difference between Positive Thinking and Moddly-coddling the fanbase that is oh so tortured. Give me a break. >.>

I was more making a reference to his past trolling than anything :P.  But yeah, I agree, probably is beginning to annoy the company at this point; a trailer will come out whenever they're ready to show it anyways.

It's not pessimism. I'm being realistic. Not overhyping KH3 like 95% of the fanbase is so obsessed with doing so futilely and foolishly it's no wonder everyone always gets disappointed.

I have no problem with reminding people that the trailers will be seen at all! :)

What I do have a problem with is the "There is still hope" GIF. It completely overplays the situation in such a way that only the KH Fanbase could do. It's silly and unneeded.

Hype is wasteful.

I don't have a problem with not hyping KH3 all the time, I have a problem with anti-hyping, or even belittling of some well-meaning fans. Just cause I'm hyped for KH3 "95% of the time" doesn't make me foolish, especially when I know what I want, what I see, and what I make of what they're telling of us, and what I'm not sure or skeptical about. There ARE people who can be that excited towards KH3 without being completely unaware of things to be aware of or how to analyze things or situations.

Hype is NOT wasteful. So long as it is used right, it can be a wonderful thing to be caught up in. The only fault to be had is if misinformation gets as hyped as much as the actual confirmed info, such as the case here. Hype is a lot like sweets, in moderation it's just fine, but too much can be overwhelming. It isn't wasteful by nature, it's just that people tend to go a bit too far with it sometimes. That's like saying Darkness is evil just because a couple of villains use it for their own purposes, it's a fallacy.

I don't have a problem with not hyping KH3 all the time, I have a problem with anti-hyping, or even belittling of some well-meaning fans. There's nothing wrong with it. Just cause I'm hyped for KH3 "95% of the time" doesn't make me foolish, especially when I know what I want, what I see, and what I make of what they're telling of us, and what I'm not sure or skeptical about. There ARE people who can be that excited towards KH3 without being completely unaware of things to be aware of or how to analyze things or situations.

Hype is NOT wasteful. So long as it is used right, it can be a wonderful thing to be caught up in. The only fault to be had is if misinformation gets as hyped as much as the actual confirmed info, such as the case here. Hype is a lot like sweets, in moderation it's just fine, but too much can be overwhelming. It isn't wasteful by nature, it's just that people tend to go a bit too far with it sometimes. That's like saying Darkness is evil just because a couple of villains use it for their own purposes, it's a fallacy.

Yes, but you see, the main problem is, Anti-Hype is necessary in this situation due to the Over-Hype. It acts as a counter-balance. Otherwise, it leads to what's happening now: People getting pissed off left and right. It's really hard for me to get Hype now because of the madness.

It is nowadays, I'm afraid. It always, always escalates into Over-Hype and expectations are raised too high. KH3 already has too much Hype behind it so any more generated is wasteful and not conducive to a speculation-filled or creative atmosphere for those who try to keep calm.

Yes, but you see, the main problem is, Anti-Hype is necessary in this situation due to the Over-Hype. It acts as a counter-balance. Otherwise, it leads to what's happening now: People getting pissed off left and right. It's really hard for me to get Hype now because of the madness.

It is nowadays, I'm afraid. It always, always escalates into Over-Hype and expectations are raised too high. KH3 already has too much Hype behind it so any more generated is wasteful and not conducive to a speculation-filled or creative atmosphere for those who try to keep calm.

Well typically I tend to prefer more positive approaches, given how often I come across negativity in this and many other fandoms I'm a part of. And after the whole trailer confusion, there's been a HUGE influx of negativity everywhere, with everyone trying to find someone to blame, reasons to justify their anger, and just overall ranting over something that was just a simple mistake. There's already a lot of Anti-Hype, we don't need any more. And even if there was an "over-hype", I wouldn't try to "balance" it by trying to generate anti-hype in the hopes that it will all balance out, all that does is just split people (that also sounds rather Xehanort-ish if you ask me). At most, I would just try to encourage everyone to CALM DOWN. They don't have to get under-hyped to compensate for any excess hype that they have, they just need to mellow down by simply lowering their energy or how much they express or anticipate. You don't do that by shattering people's hopes, you do that by encouraging them to KEEP their hopes but to also keep them in check and to not get too dependent on that extra hype being realized. If you want balance, then you pursue balance, not try to go for the opposite end.

After all this "I hate Square/DIsney/whoever made that misleading post" and "Just give it up, there is no trailer or hope" nonsense, I'd just rather see the nice optimism and curiosity that I saw on this site for the weeks building up to this event, just wondering about how great the trailers will be rather than why we didn't get them or just giving up hope altogether.

Well typically I tend to prefer more positive approaches, given how often I come across negativity in this and many other fandoms I'm a part of. And after the whole trailer confusion, there's been a HUGE influx of negativity everywhere, with everyone trying to find someone to blame, reasons to justify their anger, and just overall ranting over something that was just a simple mistake. There's already a lot of Anti-Hype, we don't need any more. And even if there was an "over-hype", I wouldn't try to "balance" it by trying to generate anti-hype in the hopes that it will all balance out, all that does is just split people (that also sounds rather Xehanort-ish if you ask me). At most, I would just try to encourage everyone to CALM DOWN. They don't have to get under-hyped to compensate for any excess hype that they have, they just need to mellow down by simply lowering their energy or how much they express or anticipate. You don't do that by shattering people's hopes, you do that by encouraging them to KEEP their hopes but to also keep them in check and to not get too dependent on that extra hype being realized. If you want balance, then you pursue balance, not try to go for the opposite end.

After all this "I hate Square/DIsney/whoever made that misleading post" and "Just give it up, there is no trailer or hope" nonsense, I'd just rather see the nice optimism and curiosity that I saw on this site for the weeks building up to this event, just wondering about how great the trailers will be rather than why we didn't get them or just giving up hope altogether.

...*Sigh* Balance is a bitch on the internet. :/ I try my best, but in the end, it all goes downhill.

Let's also take a moment to remember that a lot of this anger spread from a false rumour...probably from a troll... :(

...hmm...where did that curiosity go, HoL? I miss it actually...it was far more tame and likable than any of that crap the troll caused via Domino Effect.

Edited by SuperiorKunivas

...*Sigh* Balance is a bitch on the internet. :/ I try my best, but in the end, it all goes downhill.

Let's also take a moment to remember that a lot of this anger spread from a false rumour...probably from a troll... :(

...hmm...where did that curiosity go, HoL? I miss it actually...it was far more tame and likable than any of that crap the troll caused via Domino Effect.

Again, a lot of problems can come from over-compensation. Trying to regulate over-hype by creating an equal amount of anti-hype would just be splitting the users of a site and would just make another problem, while a similar result would happen if one were trying to deal with anti-hype with over-hype. Really everyone just needs to chill in general. As long as we can be reasonable excited and anxious to see the trailers at some point without griping over how we got ourselves disappointed and without going over the top, we can be less on each others nerves while still approaching things in our own ways. <3

Actually, I'm under the impression that is the default behavior of Japanese companies.

It is, their conservatives in an international market is what's destroying them (and other Japanese conglomerates for that matter).