Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I think Zootopia would be fantastic for Kingdom Hearts. I read concerns about it coming out too late in Kingdom Hearts 3's development to make it, but seeing as how Disney is working on Kingdom Hearts and get access to behind the scenes stuff, it could be likely they were working on it while Zootopia was in development for the past few years.  Also, I think Sora and the gang could fit in the world well. They could turn into animals, which I have no issue with, or be dropped in as the only of their kind and be special in the world. Plus, the world of Zootopia is already structured very close to a video game. Divided into clear sections, all with unique styles and very easy to navigate (probably.) I also think the themes and characters of Zootopia could match the themes and characters of Kingdom Hearts very well. Sora, Donald and Goofy trying to help Judy and Nick solve the case they're on and restore order to Zootopia. 

Maybe Assistant Mayor Bellwether could be corrupted by darkness and be able to control heartless. It would fit, she could be the ultimate villain of the world. Like, it could set up Mayor Lionheart and the police chief Bogo as the villains up to then.

Also, maybe the world story could start with Sora walking in on Judy helping out Nick and his 'son' get the Popsicle, and Sora would want to talk to Judy and thank her for helping out the 'poor father and son.' Then Sora, Donald and Goofy could join up with her and follow her to the police building, and help convince Bogo to let Judy do the case on the missing otter and they could join her.

I could also imagine Sora getting along with Judy very well and Donald with Nick very well.

But that's just my two cents. I'm considering going and drawing out a comic on this  xD

I am genuinely surprised as to how adamant people are against Zootopia. It's even more upsetting when the decision is made based on nostalgia.

Zootopia can work perfectly. Just go all Big Hero 6 and have it after the events of the movie. Sure, the world is huge, but lets be real, all of the Disney worlds are going to be huge spectacles. 

And if Zootopia doesn't make it, I'm fine with that. But if there was even the slightest chance it does... well, I say that it's deserving of a world spot.

Kingdom Hearts would release at 2017 earliest. If Zootopia is blowing up in popularity like Inside Out and that only came out last year. This nostalgically blind logic does not change the likeliness or viability of Zootopia being in the game. Have your opinion: I just think that it's an extremely flawed opinion.

Considering that youve been big on wanting Zootopia in KH3, I wanted to ask on how you think Zootopia would work from a gameplay perspective, cause after watching the movie I know it warrants some representation, but I can not see this world working from a gameplay perspective.

When looking at Zootopia, the whole story centers around these two guys solving this mystery, at least thats the story in its most basic form anyway.  With that in mind, Zootopia doesnt exactly allow much freedom from a gameplay perspective to do what Kingdom Hearts does, that being fighting heartless. BH6 at least gave us the nanobots to work with, giving us justification to fight heartless in one form or another.

But in the world of Zootopia, theres nothing that we can really fight. The world of Zootopia, aside from the people being animals, is basically the modern civilized world that we live in right now. Theres no comic book like villians that we can fight and its not a fantasy world so you cant really put heartless in it either and have it be somewhat excused.

The only thing you can fight in Zootopia would be other animals, and in the context of that world, doing that would seem like a really messed up thing to do more than anything.

So do you see anything from a gameplay perspective that would make Zootopia work? Cause I cant.

Enough of this "nothing we can fight". KH2 alone saw a removed Gaston, replaced with an organization member, several heartless bosses throughout, one or two "enhanced" Disney villains, and Pete in Timeless River. DDD also had mostly DE bosses.

That said, there is a point to be made about the detective plot. You could say they might make a "sequel story" for KH, but BH6 is getting that because there is something to build off of in the movie. Zootopia doesn't leave any loose ends. It might work for experimenting with puzzles to that end, but combat, while still a possibility, would require a bit of retooling or possibly risk SDG being uninvolved in the important stuff.

And they already did the whole "celebration themed mini game world" in BBS, considering how the film ends would logically lead to something like that.

Edited by Andrew Rowland

i would think it would be too late for zootopia becuase i think the worlds has  been chosesn already and this move just came out this year 

Square Enix sees Disney movies before they're cinematically released. Until a definitive release date is confirmed, this argument is invalid.

Enough of this "nothing we can fight". KH2 alone saw a removed Gaston, replaced with an organization member, several heartless bosses throughout, one or two "enhanced" Disney villains, and Pete in Timeless River. DDD also had mostly DE bosses.That said, there is a point to be made about the detective plot. You could say they might make a "sequel story" for KH, but BH6 is getting that because there is something to build off of in the movie. Zootopia doesn't leave any loose ends. It might work for experimenting with puzzles to that end, but combat, while still a possibility, would require a bit of retooling or possibly risk SDG being uninvolved in the important stuff.And they already did the whole "celebration themed mini game world" in BBS, considering how the film ends would logically lead to something like that.

Because there's no "loose ends", it gives Square Enix much more leeway in what they can do in the world. Have the events happen after the movie like Big Hero 6, Judy and Nick are Police Officers and they have a case to solve regarding the sudden outbreak of heartless and they collaborate with Sora and company to solve it.

Considering that youve been big on wanting Zootopia in KH3, I wanted to ask on how you think Zootopia would work from a gameplay perspective, cause after watching the movie I know it warrants some representation, but I can not see this world working from a gameplay perspective.

When looking at Zootopia, the whole story centers around these two guys solving this mystery, at least thats the story in its most basic form anyway.  With that in mind, Zootopia doesnt exactly allow much freedom from a gameplay perspective to do what Kingdom Hearts does, that being fighting heartless. BH6 at least gave us the nanobots to work with, giving us justification to fight heartless in one form or another.

But in the world of Zootopia, theres nothing that we can really fight. The world of Zootopia, aside from the people being animals, is basically the modern civilized world that we live in right now. Theres no comic book like villians that we can fight and its not a fantasy world so you cant really put heartless in it either and have it be somewhat excused.

The only thing you can fight in Zootopia would be other animals, and in the context of that world, doing that would seem like a really messed up thing to do more than anything.

So do you see anything from a gameplay perspective that would make Zootopia work? Cause I cant.

You couldn't be further away from the truth, Zootopia has five differently unique districts. There's plenty of visual and gameplay objective elements that can be achieved with the various districts. And with your logic of "The only thing you can fight in Zootopia would be other animals, and in the context of that world, doing that would seem like a really messed up thing to do more than anything." basically means that you don't want Robin Hood or The Great Mouse Detective to be in Kingdom Hearts III becuase their world is inhabited by animals.

Edited by Guest

Square Enix sees Disney movies before they're cinematically released. Until a definitive release date is confirmed, this argument is invalid.

Because there's no "loose ends", it gives Square Enix much more leeway in what they can do in the world. Have the events happen after the movie like Big Hero 6, Judy and Nick are Police Officers and they have a case to solve regarding the sudden outbreak of heartless and they collaborate with Sora and company to solve it.

You couldn't be further away from the truth, Zootopia has five differently unique districts. There's plenty of visual and gameplay objective elements that can be achieved with the various districts. And with your logic of "The only thing you can fight in Zootopia would be other animals, and in the context of that world, doing that would seem like a really messed up thing to do more than anything." basically means that you don't want Robin Hood or The Great Mouse Detective to be in Kingdom Hearts III becuase their world is inhabited by animals.

It seems youve skipped a big part of that sentence there, notice how I said "in the context of that world." Zootopia is supposed to represent the world we live in now, a modern civilized world. So in the context of that world, beating up random animals with a keyblade would be the equivalent of beating someone up in the streets of LA or what have you, aka youd look like an ass for doing so.

I have not seen The Great Mouse Detective, but as far as Robin Hood goes, it fits more in align with what Kingdom Hearts goes for, a fantasy world.  A tale of two rouge thieves up against a corrupt kingdom with an evil king, fighting the kings army along the way, it allows way more room to bash some heads in, With it being a classic folklore tale, putting heartless in there would be more excused as well.

Zootopia however is centered around two cops solving a mystery, thats it. The main characters in Zootopia dont exactly fight anyone, if anything they fight political issues more than anything, and god knows I dont want Kingdom Hearts to talk to me about politics. With the world just basically being our world as well, you cant just put heartless in there and expect people to think "yeah, this makes sense." Its dumb from a writing standpoint to just paste heartless into a world that they dont fit in. If you cant fight heartless, than all thats left to possibly fight is other animals, and again, in the context of that world, youd look like an ass for beating up innocent civilians, including the ones that were to go savage. 

I dont see how they can put in Zootopia in KH and make it work, there are no elements in this world to justify fighting heartless.

Sure you said Nick and Judy could be given a case that involves heartless, but again, that would be just pasting them into the world.

I just cant see it working, and if they were to put it in, it would not be executed very well, and if its not executed well, you might as well not put it in at all.

1. Depending on how far along they are into making KH3, I think Zootopia might be too late to add in.  And I wouldn't want them to try and fit it into the game last minute just because it got high ratings.  Plus, Zootopia I think won't be released in Japan until late April 2016 anyway.

2. I would prefer Sora and the gang to not be turned into anthropomorphic animals. They did make turning Sora into a lion work in the Lion King world in KH2 which also added to a new unique game play.  But this time around, I think it would just look silly.

3. If they did want to put Sora and friends into another animal based world, then I would want it to be Robin Hood far more than Zootopia.

Why would Sora, Donald, and Goofy have to be changed in Zootopia? They were changed in Pridelands do to the characters in that world just being regular animals, and the most with zootopia would probably just be them asking why Donald isn't wearing pants. 

Donald and Goofy are already anthro animals and Sora doesn't have to be an animal around them(although he was originally going to being an anthro lion)

The villain in Robin Hood is just a complete coward who sucks on his thumb, and I never found him threatening in any form at all. 

It seems youve skipped a big part of that sentence there, notice how I said "in the context of that world." Zootopia is supposed to represent the world we live in now, a modern civilized world. So in the context of that world, beating up random animals with a keyblade would be the equivalent of beating someone up in the streets of LA or what have you, aka youd look like an ass for doing so.

I have not seen The Great Mouse Detective, but as far as Robin Hood goes, it fits more in align with what Kingdom Hearts goes for, a fantasy world.  A tale of two rouge thieves up against a corrupt kingdom with an evil king, fighting the kings army along the way, it allows way more room to bash some heads in, With it being a classic folklore tale, putting heartless in there would be more excused as well.

Zootopia however is centered around two cops solving a mystery, thats it. The main characters in Zootopia dont exactly fight anyone, if anything they fight political issues more than anything, and god knows I dont want Kingdom Hearts to talk to me about politics. With the world just basically being our world as well, you cant just put heartless in there and expect people to think "yeah, this makes sense." Its dumb from a writing standpoint to just paste heartless into a world that they dont fit in. If you cant fight heartless, than all thats left to possibly fight is other animals, and again, in the context of that world, youd look like an ass for beating up innocent civilians, including the ones that were to go savage. 

I dont see how they can put in Zootopia in KH and make it work, there are no elements in this world to justify fighting heartless.

Sure you said Nick and Judy could be given a case that involves heartless, but again, that would be just pasting them into the world.

I just cant see it working, and if they were to put it in, it would not be executed very well, and if its not executed well, you might as well not put it in at all.

I suppose it's the "realism" of Zootopia that diverges our opinions. I pretty much see the world of San Fransokyo as realistic as Zootopia and San Fransokyo made it in. The directors of Big Hero 6 stressed that the world of San Fransokyo is not "magical". Every character and moment in the movie is entirely scientific (in the context of Big Hero 6)... regardless of that law, a magic-centric series like Kingdom Hearts was able to get San Fransokyo to fit in its portfolio despite San Fransokyo's no magic law. 

And if Square Enix were to hypothetically make Zootopia a world, just base it after the events of the movie (as I stressed earlier). None of this "predators going feral" narrative and have it be more centric towards the overall story of Kingdom Hearts. I'd rather have Zootopia over The Lion King and Robin Hood. The world is just too gorgeous and the characters are too likeable to give it a skip. If you disagree with me, disagree: just know that you will not change my opinion.

I could see Judy Hopps as a summon if a Zootopia world can't be added.

Yeah, I'm happy with that inclusion too. Judy is really agile so she'd be a perfect summon for quick-succession attacks!

Why would Sora, Donald, and Goofy have to be changed in Zootopia? They were changed in Pridelands do to the characters in that world just being regular animals, and the most with zootopia would probably just be them asking why Donald isn't wearing pants. 

Donald and Goofy are already anthro animals and Sora doesn't have to be an animal around them(although he was originally going to being an anthro lion)

The villain in Robin Hood is just a complete coward who sucks on his thumb, and I never found him threatening in any form at all. 

Did you notice that I never said Donald and Goofy?  Because they are obviously anthropomorphic animals.  I said Sora and gang because who knows, Riku or Kairi or another human cast member might visit the worlds in KH3 besides the usual trio.

Why would they (human cast in case you forgot already) be changed, I think, in Zootopia?  Because they are ALL animals.  Just like the Lion King had no other human characters.  And remember the Little Mermaid world?  Sora got turned into a mermaid.  The cast tries to blend into the worlds they visit.  

And who said Prince John had to be the villain?  Many Disney KH worlds found other villains or made new ones up.  I'm guessing you haven't seen the movie in awhile, otherwise you'd know Prince John wasn't the only acting villain in the plot.  And I find it funny you'd say Prince John would be a bad villain, because Bellwether was soooo much of a better villain in Zootopia (sarcasm alert).  Plus, KH loves having good comedy moments in the games, which Prince John would perfectly fit into since he was mainly a comedic character.

Edited by Raynaninja

I think Zootopia would be alright for KH4 but I hope that it's too late for it be included in KH3. I guess it could work as a minigame world to replace 100 Acre Woods.

you know that SE has the right to look at disney movies BEFORE they are released so...

you know that SE has the right to look at disney movies BEFORE they are released so...

That's true, but I doubt they would include something until they know it is popular. They should prioritize films which have already released. As I said, a minigame world would probably work, but creating an original story for a main world would feel rushed I imagine.

That's true, but I doubt they would include something until they know it is popular. They should prioritize films which have already released. As I said, a minigame world would probably work, but creating an original story for a main world would feel rushed I imagine.

Zootopia is already popular, it's broken records in a bunch of different countries and it follows the string of successes that Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen and Big Hero 6 provided. 

Zootopia is already popular, it's broken records in a bunch of different countries and it follows the string of successes that Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen and Big Hero 6 provided. 

Yeah, I guess so. Critically it has been well received but it hasn't been launched in Japan yet, so they probably won't consider making it a world until it is proven popular in Japan.

Wow, I'm surprised that there are quite a few people here that don't want Zootopia in KH3.  Especially since some of the reasons why they don't want it (its too big, too modern, and not fantastical enough) are kinda null with the inclusion of BH6; heck, San Fransokyo is just as big, if not bigger than Zootopia, its way more advanced than any world we've yet to see in KH, and talking animals is more fantastical than superheroes.  As for not wanting anthropomorphic animals... um you people do realize that Disney Castle is run by walking-on-two-legs talking mice right?

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing Zootopia in KH3.  I know some people are wondering what SE could do with the plot, and that is questioning.  But, I have an idea on maybe what SE could do:

Perhaps instead of the animals going savage because of the flower shots, maybe they're going savage because they've lost their hearts.  I've always wondered what would happen if an animal (anthro or not) lost their hearts in KH.  We've never seen it, and from what we know, it seems that heartless either come from human hearts, or were made artificially.  So, it'd be interesting to know what happens if an animal loses their heart.  This is just an idea I had though; it could be totally stupid.

Well, this is all my opinion.  If Zootopia is in, great, if not, its no skin off my nose.

Yeah, I guess so. Critically it has been well received but it hasn't been launched in Japan yet, so they probably won't consider making it a world until it is proven popular in Japan.

It's relevance with Japanese audiences is irrelevant. Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers was in Dream Drop Distance and that's a niche direct to DVD movie that even United States Disney fans were unaware of. Again, Square Enix sees movies before they're theatrically released, because if they didn't, Big Hero 6 wouldn't have been announced as early as it was.

Wow, I'm surprised that there are quite a few people here that don't want Zootopia in KH3.  Especially since some of the reasons why they don't want it (its too big, too modern, and not fantastical enough) are kinda null with the inclusion of BH6; heck, San Fransokyo is just as big, if not bigger than Zootopia, its way more advanced than any world we've yet to see in KH, and talking animals is more fantastical than superheroes.  As for not wanting anthropomorphic animals... um you people do realize that Disney Castle is run by walking-on-two-legs talking mice right?

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing Zootopia in KH3.  I know some people are wondering what SE could do with the plot, and that is questioning.  But, I have an idea on maybe what SE could do:

Perhaps instead of the animals going savage because of the flower shots, maybe they're going savage because they've lost their hearts.  I've always wondered what would happen if an animal (anthro or not) lost their hearts in KH.  We've never seen it, and from what we know, it seems that heartless either come from human hearts, or were made artificially.  So, it'd be interesting to know what happens if an animal loses their heart.  This is just an idea I had though; it could be totally stupid.

Well, this is all my opinion.  If Zootopia is in, great, if not, its no skin off my nose.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY  :biggrin:

Edited by Guest

It's relevance with Japanese audiences is irrelevant. Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers was in Dream Drop Distance and that's a niche direct to DVD movie that even United States Disney fans were unaware of. Again, Square Enix sees movies before they're theatrically released, because if they didn't, Big Hero 6 wouldn't have been announced as early as it was.

The Three Musketeers was included because it was important to the story since it dealt with alternative versions of Mickey. Big Hero 6 was announced about 8 months after it was released in Japan so it had time to prove it was successful. I'm not saying it is impossible for it to happen just that if it's not a classic, or popular, or vital to the story it has a slim chance of being included.

The Three Musketeers was included because it was important to the story since it dealt with alternative versions of Mickey. Big Hero 6 was announced about 8 months after it was released in Japan so it had time to prove it was successful. I'm not saying it is impossible for it to happen just that if it's not a classic, or popular, or vital to the story it has a slim chance of being included.

Yeah, in any case, the characters are the main reason for possibly any world being included. 

Also, the argument against Zootopia apparently is less about size and more about variety.

Did you notice that I never said Donald and Goofy?  Because they are obviously anthropomorphic animals.  I said Sora and gang because who knows, Riku or Kairi or another human cast member might visit the worlds in KH3 besides the usual trio.

Why would they (human cast in case you forgot already) be changed, I think, in Zootopia?  Because they are ALL animals.  Just like the Lion King had no other human characters.  And remember the Little Mermaid world?  Sora got turned into a mermaid.  The cast tries to blend into the worlds they visit.  

And who said Prince John had to be the villain?  Many Disney KH worlds found other villains or made new ones up.  I'm guessing you haven't seen the movie in awhile, otherwise you'd know Prince John wasn't the only acting villain in the plot.  And I find it funny you'd say Prince John would be a bad villain, because

Bellwether was soooo much of a better villain in Zootopia (sarcasm alert)

.  Plus, KH loves having good comedy moments in the games, which Prince John would perfectly fit into since he was mainly a comedic character.

Agreed on Prince John. 

Edited by Andrew Rowland

Those alterante versions of Mickey did nothing to progress the lore. They were clearly there for personal preference by Square Enix. The Prince and the Pauper had two Mickey Mouse present in the original movie. Square Enix could have use that instead to express alternate version (Sora meeting the Pauper Micker and Riku meeting the Prince Mickey). Stop pulling the nostalgia card to dictate worlds, Big Hero 6 is not a classic. It's a wonderful movie but it's no "classic". 

Those alterante versions of Mickey did nothing to progress the lore. They were clearly there for personal preference by Square Enix. The Prince and the Pauper had two Mickey Mouse present in the original movie. Square Enix could have use that instead to express alternate version (Sora meeting the Pauper Micker and Riku meeting the Prince Mickey). Stop pulling the nostalgia card to dictate worlds, Big Hero 6 is not a classic. It's a wonderful movie but it's no "classic".

Lmao. I said a classic OR popular OR important to the story. I didn't call Big Hero 6 a classic. Work on the reading comprehension plz.

Lmao. I said a classic OR popular OR important to the story. I didn't call Big Hero 6 a classic. Work on the reading comprehension plz.

Zootopia's popular. Look at all the records it's breaking. You need to rephrase your sentence from "Zootopia can't make it into Kingdom Hearts III" to "I don't want Zootopia to be in Kingdom Hearts III".