Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wan_Pisu

Which is your favorite Pokémon generation?

Which is your favorite Pokémon generation?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Pokémon generation?

• First gen (Red/Blue/Yellow)
    • Second gen (Silver/Gold/Crystal)
    • Third gen (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)
    • Fourth gen (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum)
    • Fifth gen (Black/White + sequels)
    • Sixth gen (X/Y)
    • Never played Pokémon!
    • Something else? Share below!

Well, after playing through all of the generations, I have to say that Gen III is probably my most favorite!  The Hoenn region by far is the best region in any Pokemon game, in my opinion, and the Pokemon designs in that game are beyond badass!  Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald are my favorite entries in the series! :3

Second place would definitely have to go to Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver!  I loved that game very much as well, and I loved how my Pokemon could walk outside of its Pokeball with me!  That was one of the things I enjoyed the most about the game!  I also loved how long it was, especially given that I could go to the Kanto region as well! It gives me the hope that there'll one day be a Pokemon game in which you traverse all the regions seen so far!

But yeah, that's what I think! :D

For me every generation is awesone except for the second. Johto pokemon are pretty weak in comparison to the ones of the rest generations.

Split between 2 and 5. 2 has my overall favorite region and Pokemon designs, but 5 was Gamefreak taking all sorts of risks that paid off greatly! I'll give the vote to 2, but 5 deserves one as well.

While I started with Ruby, my favourite gen is II (along with their remakes in Gen IV). Gold/Silver/Crystal are the only Pokémon games which I feel has vastly innovated on the generation that came before it. Since the release of Gen II, I feel Game Freak have taken baby steps when it comes to evolving the series. Even with the Gen IV remakes they had every Pokémon capable of following the trainer which no Pokémon game has done on such a large scale.

Day/Night cycle, breeding, 16 gym badges, expanding on the storyline from the previous generation - are just a few examples of why GSC stand out for me. Even HGSS are easily top of my favourite Pokémon games ever because they take GSC and make it gorgeous to look at.

Also you think "7.8 too much water" is bad? Can't forget IGNs review of Heart Gold / Soul Silver:

Posted Image

Edited by KHSoraKeyBlade

2nd Gen. Really, the Gen 4 remakes. Though, I would like to think that a person's favorite generation is the first Pokémon game that they ever played. Who else would agree?

4th Generation. It was the last Pokemon generation to date that had actual evolution's and pre-evolution's (plus, it made Roselia popular).

Pokemon Y was the first main series Pokemon game I owned and the first one I finished

2nd Gen. Really, the Gen 4 remakes. Though, I would like to think that a person's favorite generation is the first Pokémon game that they ever played. Who else would agree?

I totally agree, Y was the first main series game I played and gen 6th is my favourite because I played Y first