Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Roxas' Story "I Remember You" : Kingdom Hearts Series Character Files translations


The Kingdom Hearts Series Character Files has received more story translations. The translations this time are courtesy of Twitter user kornetable!

For those unaware, the Kingdom Hearts Series Character Files features over 200 characters from the entirety of the series thus far, with several short stories from Tomoco Kanemaki (the writer of the Kingdom Hearts light novels).

You can purchase the book for ¥3,080 (approx. $28.03) from the Square Enix e-Store directly or from AitaiKuji, who deliver official and exclusive Japanese pop culture products worldwide!

We have covered translations for:

The translations for Roxas' Story are below.

Quote

Roxas' Story
"I Remember You"
 <3<3<3 

There are only 7 days left before my summer vacation ends.

“For this vacation, how about the three of us go to the beach?”

I remember saying that. The three of us...who was that? I forgot everything. When I stood in front of Sora, it came back to mind.

I thought I recalled everything, but the truth is---something important was missing.

At that time, there were a lot of things I didn’t know about. Axel even explained to me what a summer vacation was. It was my first time hearing about it since I joined the Organization. There are vacations in the Organization too, I thought it was weird. Since it was so sudden I didn’t know what to do, so I went to the clock tower to eat ice cream. Axel was there too, the two of us saw Hayner and the others playing, though I didn’t know their names at that time.

“The kids from the city are on summer vacation--no, it’s still early.”

“Summer vacation…? What’s that?”

“A dream come true, that’s what---a whole month off.”

This is what Axel told me, from a memory of his time as a human, but I didn’t have any of those---I felt odd and uneasy.

“Most kids spend summer vacation just goofing off with their friends. I hadn’t really thought about it much since becoming a Nobody.”

I wonder if Axel had friends when he was a human. I only had Axel as a friend. That’s what I thought, but then I remembered.

I wanted to run away from the Organization.

“Your mind’s made up?”

Even Axel’s question made me stop. I couldn’t trust him either, after all.

“Why did the Keyblade choose me? I have to know.”

“You can’t turn on the Organization! You get on their bad side and they’ll destroy you!”

I finally stopped in my tracks when Axel started shouting.

“No one would miss me.”

After stating that, I walked away, though I didn’t have any destination in mind. I didn’t know where would be best so my steps led me to the usual clock tower.

And when I arrived there, a girl whom I’ve forgotten was here---Xion.

“Roxas, this is Sora.”

The girl under the hood wasn’t Xion; her face changed to someone’s I didn’t recognize. And it was the boy I’ve wanted to meet.

“You’re next Roxas, Don’t you see? This is why I was created.”

Once she shed her coat, Xion became a puppet.

I didn’t want to fight with Xion, but she charged at me.

"Please Roxas---destroy me."

While I was fighting I lost sense of everything. Who was I fighting? Little by little I forgot important things.

Then I realized that in front of me there was a black-haired girl I didn’t recognize, who collapsed.

“Who are you...again? It seems like I’m forgetting something really important.”

The girl’s eyes were slowly closing.

“You’ll be better off now, Roxas.”

I held the girl’s body in my arms.

“Am I...the one who did this to you?”

“No...It was my choice...to go away now. Better that, than to do nothing...and let Xemnas have his way.”

She placed her hand on mine.

“Goodbye, Roxas. See you again.”

Her lips were pulled in a small smile.

“I’m glad...I got to meet you. Oh..and of course, Axel, too. You’re both my best friends. Never forget. That’s the truth.”

At that moment it dawned on me. It was Xion.

“No! Xion...Who else will have ice cream with?!”

But Xion was disappearing.

“Xion…”

I was left with a single thalassa sea shell.

After that, to bring Xion back, I fought with Riku, but I lost all my memories and I was put in Twilight Town. Then I was standing in front of Sora, and I thought I recalled everything. But it wasn’t the case.

Now I remember everything.
I remember you, Xion.

You can view Roxas's character page below 

 



User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This was a pretty interesting to read. So in Kingdom Hearts 2 when Roxas first saw Sora after opening the sleeping pod he started to remember Xion? These character files are really interesting to read. Going more in depth with these characters is to nice/read.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Movies798 said:

This was a pretty interesting to read. So in Kingdom Hearts 2 when Roxas first saw Sora after opening the sleeping pod he started to remember Xion? These character files are really interesting to read. Going more in depth with these characters is to nice/read.

I don’t think that’s what he said. He said that when he was standing in front of Sora, he THOUGHT he recalled everything. To be honest, I don’t think he truly remembered until after he properly reintegrated into Sora at the end of KH2, but by then, he wasn’t truly himself. Not until that brief reunion in DDD.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

My boi Roxas! This was one I was waiting to read for awhile. New Roxas content. I was wondering at what point he regained his lost memories.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Kaweebo said:

I don’t think that’s what he said. He said that when he was standing in front of Sora, he THOUGHT he recalled everything. To be honest, I don’t think he truly remembered until after he properly reintegrated into Sora at the end of KH2, but by then, he wasn’t truly himself. Not until that brief reunion in DDD.

To me it sounds like he remember everything as soon as he was in front of Sora. That's the way I read it from the short story.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Movies798 said:

To me it sounds like he remember everything as soon as he was in front of Sora. That's the way I read it from the short story.

It literally says “I thought I recalled everything.” This implies that he didn’t actually because he still didn’t remember Xion. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kaweebo said:

It literally says “I thought I recalled everything.” This implies that he didn’t actually because he still didn’t remember Xion. 

Cool. If that's the way you read it than I respect that.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is my headcanon that Xion's heart was in Roxas's and that's why her portrait leaves his station and how Roxas can get his memories back of her name.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 2/29/2020 at 2:43 PM, Movies798 said:

Cool. If that's the way you read it than I respect that.

I isn't "the way he read it" 

Roxas says

"I was standing in front of Sora, and I thought I recalled everything. But it wasn’t the case.

Now I remember everything.
I remember you, Xion."

As in he NOW knows that he didn't regain his full memories when he found Sora in twilight town

There are 2 debatle points when Roxas regains all his memories

The moment when Xion attacks Sora and he is holding her off, and Roxas' hearts reacts to her (it is Roxas' voice that comes out when Sora says her name after all)

the 2nd option could possibly be during the end of DDD when Roxas shares his memories (AKA the "hurt" alluded in Re:coded) into Sora since in that part Sora also meets Xion, and Roxas & Xion (along with Ven) play a part in Riku's mission to rescuing Sora 

The memories of Xion depend on Sora unlocking them, even if indirectly, since they are a part of his heart now, Roxas alone could not have remembered her

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, corpiman said:

I isn't "the way he read it" 

Roxas says

"I was standing in front of Sora, and I thought I recalled everything. But it wasn’t the case.

Now I remember everything.
I remember you, Xion."

As in he NOW knows that he didn't regain his full memories when he found Sora in twilight town

There are 2 debatle points when Roxas regains all his memories

The moment when Xion attacks Sora and he is holding her off, and Roxas' hearts reacts to her (it is Roxas' voice that comes out when Sora says her name after all)

the 2nd option could possibly be during the end of DDD when Roxas shares his memories (AKA the "hurt" alluded in Re:coded) into Sora since in that part Sora also meets Xion, and Roxas & Xion (along with Ven) play a part in Riku's mission to rescuing Sora 

The memories of Xion depend on Sora unlocking them, even if indirectly, since they are a part of his heart now, Roxas alone could not have remembered her

Not the way I read it. I respected your post.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2020 at 5:11 PM, Movies798 said:

Not the way I read it. I respected your post.

dude, this isn't a matter of opinion

you can not "read" 2+2 in any other way than "=4"

Roxas: "I Thought I had recalled everything but it wasn't the case"

AKA I thought I had all my memories at that point but I didn't

what part of it is it so hard to understand?

If Roxas had remembered any semblance of Xion then Nomura would've added some esoteric detail about it at the time, like he added Ventus in Days or the mountain of hints about Xigbar in pretty much every game he is in, he had already alluded to Xigbar's importance even before BBS came out, you really think he didn't have at least the concept of Xion planned during KH2? and yet no mention of her during Roxas' section?

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2020 at 12:07 AM, corpiman said:

dude, this isn't a matter of opinion

you can not "read" 2+2 in any other way than "=4"

Roxas: "I Thought I had recalled everything but it wasn't the case"

AKA I thought I had all my memories at that point but I didn't

what part of it is it so hard to understand?

If Roxas had remembered any semblance of Xion then Nomura would've added some esoteric detail about it at the time, like he added Ventus in Days or the mountain of hints about Xigbar in pretty much every game he is in, he had already alluded to Xigbar's importance even before BBS came out, you really think he didn't have at least the concept of Xion planned during KH2? and yet no mention of her during Roxas' section?

Like I said dude I respect your opinion. If that's the way how you read it I respect that. But that's not the way I read it okay. Don't make this a serious issue because it's not that serious man. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Please hide any Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory spoilers inside a spoiler box using the button on the editor. For more information, check out our KHMoM spoiler policy (in effect until December 13).
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...