Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
catmaster0116

(Fake) Kingdom Hearts Headed To Nintendo Switch (and New 3DS!)

Though this might explain the scene with the black coat Riku in Prankster's Paradise the latter game.

Pretty sure that Black Coat Riku is Riku Replica. The Replica always wanted to be more than just a carbon copy of Riku, and by being part Xehanort, that goal's achieved.

The idea that anybody was seriously fooled with these screenshots just makes me facepalm as I remember how relatively young and naive our fanbase is compared to others out there. Still, at least nobody is an asshole like in the Sonic fandom, it can be really hard to have a rational conversation over there. But anyway, yeah clearly fake, I mean there's just obvious, and then there's just post-April 1st levels of obvious jokiness. :/

Hm....this could be fake, but I'm not sure....maybe the title having the word Fake and being in random are clues lol

The title didn't originally say fake

That's why a lot of people were questioning it

The title says fake broseph.

Also the link only takes you to the Nintendo Switch gamefaqs board. When I looked up Kingdom Hearts, there was nothing there related to this.

And besides, this Another Dive thing looks too freaking outdated for the Switch considering the Switch supports Unreal Engine 4 and the KH2 engine was a PS2 thing.

I believe some people have a misconception of what Unreal Engine 4 actually is...

Unreal Engine 4 isn't some "magical-game-upgrade" thing that's equipped with every console. It's a bunch of tools you can use to create a game. Most often times, and in the past, developers use their own tools (a la Crystal Tools and Luminous Studio, the latter being its latest games engine). Unreal Engine 4 has nothing to do with graphics (even though it makes things look better with easier "automatic" graphical tools), and the fact is, if this were a "remaster", it wouldn't even be using Luminous Studio OR EVEN Unreal Engine 4; it'd be using the OG engine it was made with.

All the HD Remasters are just being emulated by the PS4's hardware with different shaders and updated models and textures. Again, how good a game looks is NOT based on Unreal Engine 4, any game engine with proper support can make identical (perhaps not exactly the same) graphics. It's just a tool.

Tl;dr just trying to help squash the misconceptions about Unreal Engine 4. It's a renderer and graphics tool, and developers use it to make their lives easier when adding things to the game, like graphical fidelity. Just cause something is SUPPORTED by Unreal Engine 4 doesn't mean it automatically has better graphics; in fact, most AAA studios that make big games don't even use that engine (CD Projekt Red uses their own proprietary engine to make Witcher games, Sucker Punch does too, and SE does for the most part since before ).

This wouldn't even use UE4; this would use an emulated version of original assets created by their KH engine. Everything from physics to lighting is tied to that; that's why they had bugs in 1.5 + 2.5 PS4.

Edited by Clouded Sun

I believe some people have a misconception of what Unreal Engine 4 actually is...

Unreal Engine 4 isn't some "magical-game-upgrade" thing that's equipped with every console. It's a bunch of tools you can use to create a game. Most often times, and in the past, developers use their own tools (a la Crystal Tools and Luminous Studio, the latter being its latest games engine). Unreal Engine 4 has nothing to do with graphics (even though it makes things look better with easier "automatic" graphical tools), and the fact is, if this were a "remaster", it wouldn't even be using Luminous Studio OR EVEN Unreal Engine 4; it'd be using the OG engine it was made with; Crystal Tools.

All the HD Remasters are just being emulated by the PS4's hardware with different shaders and updated models and textures. Again, how good a game looks is NOT based on Unreal Engine 4, any game engine with proper support can make identical (perhaps not exactly the same) graphics. It's just a tool.

Tl;dr just trying to help squash the misconceptions about Unreal Engine 4. It's a renderer and graphics tool, and developers use it to make their lives easier when adding things to the game, like graphical fidelity. Just cause something is SUPPORTED by Unreal Engine 4 doesn't mean it automatically has better graphics; in fact, most AAA studios that make big games don't even use that engine (CD Projekt Red uses their own proprietary engine to make Witcher games, Sucker Punch does too, and SE does for the most part).

This wouldn't even use UE4; this would use an emulated version of original assets created by Crystal Tools.

Huh. You learn something new every day. :3

Huh. You learn something new every day. :3

Yep, that's the idea (actually just back pedaled and found out SE doesn't use Crystal Tools for KH like they did for most Final Fantasies, they use their own engine. Not even KH1 and KH2 were made by the same engine, which makes sense - the physics are COMPLETELY different! Edited the post for more correctness)

But yeah, it's not uncommon. That being said, UE4 is a fantastic thing for developers to use - I myself am using it and it's super easy to make things look fantastic.

Edited by Clouded Sun

Okay, I know this might technically be necroposting, but who else thinks this would be a good AU? I'm already having some ideas for it myself.