Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Vaude

Roleplay The Haven (RP)

Welcome to the Haven, a place where peoples of all kinds have been gathered chiefly in an effort of universal survival.  Within its thick metallic walls lies a promising hive of individuals who have experienced much in their young (and seldom old) lives.  At the entrance lies a gate leading to nine discovered worlds, programmed to open to call beads as well as voice commands for the Haven's inhabitants, but in those worlds are as many promises of survival as deadly threats.  Discoveries occur very frequently, but death is common to those unprepared for the dangers that lie beyond.

Fifty-seven individuals exist in Haven now, and with every death another individual is brought in to take their place, sometimes ripped from another world unwillingly, and in rarer cases willingly.  The wish for greatness, for adventure, for fame, and for glory--to the strong having this wish, often a choice is given, and if it is accepted they are brought to Haven.

Job postings are issued from the higher-ups to deal with the situations.  No one currently alive in Haven has seen a higher-up, but they speak through the automated machines that work alongside the fifty-seven, and provide free food, drink, and services.  The job postings range from matters of low importance and danger to profound importance and danger, and parties are designated to seek out and complete these missions.

While Haven is a paradise in and of itself, rules are set up to prevent stagnancy, and rewards of high caliber are given to those who complete job postings.  The rules are as follows:

1.)  Those who do not work outside of Haven will disappear in three weeks until they do so.

2.)  Those who betray their allies unto death will not be suffered to live.

3.)  Those who seek vengeance upon another must combat through words or the arena.  Open fights within Haven are punished severely.

With this introduction in mind, this story begins with the death of a party of six assigned to an Alexandrium-class quest.  The job still lies open, but six fresh-faced individuals have been reborn as inhabitants of Haven.  You may be among them or one who has been there longer.  Now, let the adventure begin.

~~~~~

A public announcement was broadbanded through every speaker in every room about the deaths of six great adventurers in Haven that day.  The elegant berserker Harold Ironfang, the proud druid Grindra Ulfrichter, the timid rogue Kimball Oakfast, the heaven-sent pugilist Ilyana Ivory, the metal-shaping sorcerer Roderick Corrin, and the all-fair cleric Isabel Clearwater all lost their lives to the most important job Haven had to offer, a job that was thought to be one only for them.  Now the greatest known evils of the multiverse lay uncontested, and six newcomers were spat out into their respective rooms, awaiting retrieval.

Those who were new typically had their stomach lurch from the dimensional shift, and they vomit onto the wooden floors.  Some of the folks who already were in Haven come to accept them.  The others are allowed to mourn their fallen brothers and sisters in arms.

Pang was in mourning still, saddened by the deaths of three friends he trusted dearly.  His white-furred tail drooped as he looked down at the floor, but he dried his tears as he headed down the extensive halls of Haven.  Numbers on the holoscreens at every door indicated where new arrivals could be found, and he was aiming for Room Number 44.  Who was this newcomer going to be?  What was he or she going to be like?  He had no idea, but he hoped that seeing their senses of wonder, excitement, eagerness, or all of the above would cheer him up.

Galla sat in the hall holding one of her three skulls. The one of her master, “why must I have been pulled here? What did I do to get pulled from the comfort of your tower... your study.... your care?” The skull stared back lifelessly. She simply sighed “you are gone... just bone.. and magic... why am I talking to your skull like you live?” She let it go and it returned to its revolutions around her just like the other two. Shd looked at her arm feeling her tendons recover from her last casting of magic. “Why couldnt i have finished your grimoire... i only got through to the skull king. She sighs and stands up heading off to the 79th room for one of the newcomers

Ceres was standingby the 142nd room mourning the loss of Isabel. A holy comrad in arms. She held her sheild close waiting for the gate to open. She remember her first time arriving in Haven. Plucked right out of a cart on her way to the winterlands of Windenheim. When she awoke on the floor of her room she lost her lunch almost immediatly but Isabel was waiting on the outside and lead her through, explaining everything that had happened. Without Isabel she would have been afraid and panicked. It was hard to hear she was gone but now she stood there, waiting to see who would take her place.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Within room 79 stood a young man clad in a navy blue mage robe over a shirt and pants of black, who rather quickly fell to his knees in a cold sweat.  After hauling the remains of his last meal onto the marble floor, he wiped his brow with the back of his hand and glanced around.  The room was at first a blur, though slowly his bout of illness cleared and he was able to better focus on his surroundings.  A bed neatly made lay behind him, along with a few other furnishings that one would ofttimes find within a room.  His quarterstaff still remained clutched tightly in his hand, which he used to brace himself as he rose clumsily to his feet.  He felt terrible about the mess on the ground, though there was nothing that he could really do about it unless he chose to use the bedding or his own clothing to pick it up.  Instead he chose to wander to the door, hand resting on the brass handle.

How had he gotten here?  Last Kolm remembered he was leaving an inn after paying his respects to a fallen comrade, and now he found himself here.  Was this somehow a dream, or an alternate reality?  If so, it was quite realistic, if evident from his vomiting all over the floor.  He tested the door, though thankfully he found that he was not locked in.  The door swung open with ease, revealing a woman that Kolm was quite certain he had never seen in his life, and revealing a hall of a similar nature.

The raven-haired man folded his arms across his chest and put on one of his most intense glares.  "Who are you?" he demanded of Galla, perhaps more harshly than he should have.  "Did you bring me here?"

Lukkel was in room 44 on his hands and knees throwing up, 'Where am I, last thing I remember was I was in my living room and was relaxing on the couch.' After sometime, making sure that Lukkel was doing better he got up and did a look around to find out his surroundings. As he finished up he figured now would be a good time to figure out where he was... He looked back and said to himslef, "After I clean up my mess." He stood up after cleaning the vomit up he went to the door to open it up. He opened it up weakly and saw a cat person satding in front of him. "Hey, could you maybe tell me where I am... I seem to be a bit lost, my name is Lukkel what is your name?" In the best mood he could.

Edited by Cam1949

Pang paused as he witnessed the door creak outward and a very tired young man exit it.  There was little doubt that this man had been the one he was hoping to collect from his room, but he had to marvel about how strong-willed this person was.  Some of the others he assisted were still on the floor, others more still dry heaving from the interdimensional travel.  He was embarrassed to say it, but he was one of the "others more," and that made him smile wanly as he looked the man over.  This one held a great deal of promise.

"You've never been here before, my friend," he started out, offering one of the complimentary canes that was usually left next to the doors.  The extra support was just in case he was still weak-kneed.  "Welcome to Haven, Lukkel.  I am Pang, and I will be your guide as we get you acquainted with this place, if you'll have me.  It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, and I'll be happy to help you out with any questions you have.  This is a strange circumstance for you, I'm sure."

His tail swished behind him as he turned around, and he glanced toward the newcomer over his shoulder with that same smile.

"Come, my friend, walking around the hall would help relieve the aches and lethargy from your body.  It worked on me, so it should work on you.  If you are feeling ready, we can meet the others and beat some records at the same time.  I don't think anybody here has recovered as fast as you have."

Galla seemed to looked down at the fresh form of flesh that passed through the doorway. Her eyes were cold and tired. Her body was scarred from damage and strain. She didnt look too strong but she let off a sort of frightful presence as if she didnt see a human, but a bag of flesh and bone. “Id be careful who you glare at here.” She says somewhat threateningly “It could be the last person you wver see. Now then you are in Haven... follow me. I have precious work to do and would like to get this little tour done with.” The skulls faced towards Kolm the entire time Galla spoke. She then turned and motioned him to follow. The wounds on her arms now revealed to him as she walked.

Lukkel looked at the cane and smiled accepting it, "Thanks." Following close beyond, Lukkel looked up and down Pang wonderingly. "I have a few questions if that is ok... 1. What is Haven, 2. Why am I here, and 3. What are you? You are a very interesting specimen, I dont think I have seen something of your caliber before. Are you also genetically altered? My parents did that to me but it wasn't as cool as yo-" Lukkel stopped and dropped back to the floor trying to catch his breath, and dry heaving. After a few minutes he was finally done, he spat, and waped his mouth. "Sorry about that, I guess my body has yet to fully catch up." He says with a grin, "Now... Where was I... Oh yeah, you seem to know a lot, how long have you been here? How often are people being put here? How many times have you help? My last question though would have to be... Where are we going?" Giving a toothy grin. But then frowning, "sorry I am asking so many questions, it's just that I don't have a lot of friends where I come from and it is somewhat lonely."

Edited by Cam1949

((This next post will involve you both as well, Mystics and Heart.  This way the current four, besides Heart's second character, could get some interaction in before I move things to the main gathering hall where much action is.))

Pang glanced behind him every now and again as Lukkel asked an abundance of questions, the first few of them more understandable to him, and the third drawing out his curiosity and surprise.

"Specimen?  Genetically altered?" escaped his lips before the newcomer descended and ended up dry heaving.

That poor kid, Pang inwardly thought as he closed the distance between them and patted the young man's back.  A mantra of regeneration was whispered by the white tiger to flow into his back and assist him with the recuperation process.  He did not do such for long before he slipped in front of Lukkel again.

"I'm welcoming to any questions, so that is fine, and don't worry about the mess you leave behind.  The cleaning drones will mop all of that up, clean as a whistle," he answered, smiling again at the chipperness of his companion.  He started moving forward again, checking up on Lukkel's progress every now and again and keeping a slow pace.  "Hopefully I'll cover all of your questions.  I am a Zouyu, though you might liken me to a tiger on your world or worlds.  Personally, I see no similarity between us and them, but that's neither here nor there.  I've helped out ten people until helping you, and have been here for two years or so, maybe longer.

"As for Haven," he continued, "it's a . . . sanctuary, I suppose.  The strong are gathered here for multiple reasons -- our magical talent, our physical might, our great cunning and tactfulness, and sometimes all of the above, but our purpose is to protect the numerous worlds we know about.  As for how long people were brought here, I do not know.  The higher-ups might, but we rarely speak to them.  They speak to us pretty regularly, however.

"To answer your last question, we are going to the main hall for now.  We'll give you some water to soothe your stomach.  Unfortunately there's no cure but time for crossing such a distance, so you will have to wait it out, and you might as well wait it out in good company.

"Speaking of company," he spoke on further as they rounded a corner and spotted the necromancer girl, "good tidings, Galla!  I see you've collected your newcomer as well."

He stopped just short from her, and maybe her companion as well, eyeing the black-haired Kolm with interest.

As Pang spoke Galla’s name the skulls directed their attention towards him. Wisps of smoke flowed from their mouths, Galla waved them off and they returned to their rotation. “What can I do for you Tiger?” She grumbled. She never felt comfortable around the Zouyu as she didnt exactly understand his structure or what he was made of. So it was difficult to determine how quickly he could be broken. He was the exception to her rule. A few steps were taken away from Pang before Galla herself turned to face him.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Galla's welcome was not as warm as Kolm would've liked. He narrowed his eyes. "And if I do not follow?" She hadn't answered his question on whether she brought him there or not, though as time went on he increasingly suspected that there was a higher power involved. This was confirmed upon meeting with Pang.

Kolm observed the beast with interest. During his many travels he hadn't seen anything even remotely similar. Now he was quite certain that Haven wasn't connected to the world from which he heralded.

"Wait a moment, did you say 'as well'?" Kolm asked, curiosity piqued. "Were others brought here like me?"

Suddenly Kolm's queasinss returned, causing him to brace himself against the sturdy wall. He took several deep breaths and closed his eyes; he couldn't be sick in front of everyone.

Lukkel noticed Pang stopped and looked past him, "Hey, what's going on here?" Lukkel saw Galla and noticed her skulls around her. He stepped past Pang and approached Galla, "Those are really cool, how do you make them rotate like that, is by mystical energy or are you using a machine to make the skulls move like that?" As Lukkel is talking to Galla he notices Kolm looking somewhat weak, "Uh-Oh, hey just relax... Let me help you." Lukkel sets his hand on Kolm's stomach and uses his healing ability hoping that he will feel better.

Edited by Cam1949

The white tiger stared at the magical skulls as they floated about and about, their attention shifting to him.  While he was no stranger to death and skeletons, these ones were just so unnatural that he felt squeamish under their gaze.  That, and the wisps of smoke did not seem very inviting for a good pat on their craniums.  This knowledge drew more of his attention than the offhanded nature to Galla's response, and as a result he commented towards her as naturally as if she were actually friendly with him.

"I just wanted to stop by and check in on things as we head to the main hall the long way.  I thought you would be more fixated on your experiment than greeting new folks, though I'm glad to see you outside of your room.  It has been a while since we've chatted."

He looked over to the two newcomers, watching curiously as Lukkel strove to help out Kolm who was suffering as well from the effects of slipspace.  With luck, their chance meeting now would result in their being partners, or, with lack of luck, rivals.  Pang had his helping of both two years back, and both friends and rivals helped him get better, get stronger.

"To answer your question, black-maned one, he is one of those that was brought here like you.  Four others await being found and picked up, and luckily we have had four people on standby able to assist them.  You have been chosen for a grand appointed task, a great calling.  Unfortunately, however, it is a path few have the heart for.  Saving the multiverse one step at a time, little by little -- few enjoy this lifestyle.  I know I don't, but I must do my part."

Galla took several steps away from Lukkel as her skulls flew infront of him and tmade a rather loud chattering noise to keep him away. She once again waved them off as the overly friendly one turned his attention towards Kolm. “You know better than I that some people refuse to leave me in peace and will only calm down and stay away if i get out of my lab a bit more. So i decided to pick up one of the new ones to see if his composition has changed from being pulled here, but you are certainly welcome to take him off my hands if you wish...” she crossed her arms. She was standing about 12 feet from both Pang and Lukkel (and by association Kolm) at this point.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

"I think I might be lost." Henry exclaimed as he arrived near one of the entrances of the Haven. Wherever it was, Henry simply wandered in, he does now know how he did it, if he was brought there or not, he just got there. All he can really remember was waking up in a strange, but tidy room, numbered 101. He didn't feel anything from the dimensional shift, hell, he didn't even notice it, he had just left his room and tried to find where their location was on the continent map.

"You think?" A voice rung inside his head, bemoaning him for losing his way again, as a woman, with the shape of an mermaid, appeared beside him in the shape of water, the spirit of water, Undine. One to judge his decisions a lot, but always somewhat supportive, she simply looked over the map as she floated beside him as he walked past the room with number 142, not noticing Ceres in the room as he passed by. "Any ideas?" Henry asked her, showing her the map more clearly, as she shrugged. "Don't know, I don't think i've ever seen this place."

"Oh, I know!" A childish voice spoke as she came out of Henry as well, this time a shorter, fairy girl, flying in front of them. "Its just like one of those ruins we've been to! remember!" Her answer was met with frowns from both Henry and Undine, who looked at each other and back at the wind spirit. "Very...helpful, Sylph!" Henry spoke to her as she did a happy pose in the air as she floated around giggling. As Undine sighed. These antics were common, then again, living with 4 spirits inside of him was always a fun experience.

"Should we keep moving and find out?" Another voice spoke to him, appearing beside him, in the shape of a woman, this time the fire spirit, Salamander.

"Yeah, that seems like a good idea." Henry spoke to her, still holding his map in his hands as he moved onward, to a random part of Haven, until he met someone, or someone came to him.

Edited by Scrapmaster

Ceres perked up at the sound of somebody being lost. Always one to happily help, she turned to see Henry realizing he was somebody she had never seen before. Then she had a thought and grabbed hold of someone nearby “pardon me but could you watch for the newcomer from this room for me? Something just came up and i need to attend to it immediatly.” Before the person could respond Ceres moved towards Henry and nervously raised her voice .”U-Um... excuse me... do you know where you are...oh a-as to say... do you need help...no no... ah, Are you lost?” She stumbled her words trying to find the proper line for the situation but at the same time not wishing for Henry to take her question as an insult to his intellect. This resulted in a rather blunt choice of words. The armor clad woman then slowled her approach. She didnt seem to mind the sight of the unusal spirits around Henry.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Whatever magic Lukkel used on Kolm seemed to work.  He didn't appreciate being touched without permission (which he never actually gave–ever), though he could hardly complain given the ease that his stomach was left in.  He proffered Lukkel a swift nod.  "Thank you."  There was a long awkward pause, until Kolm finally added: "My name is Kolm.  Kolm Aleksi Haranwy.  And yourself?"

So many questions swarmed through the mage's thoughts, most of which were rather overwhelming; Pang only scratched the surface.  None of these folk looked like the bandits that he'd been sold to, thankfully, and thus it didn't seem probable that they were behind this operation.  Perhaps this was his chance to outrun them once and for all.  Despite not enjoying the fact that he was brought here against his will, he wasn't entirely opposed to the notion of having a fresh start, without fearing for his life around every corner.  But was this a new form of enslavement, much like the one that he'd escaped from?  Would they require him to kill as well?

"I apologize for being torn from my surroundings and burdening you, then," Kolm replied gruffly to Galla, before finally turning to face Pang.  It felt odd to see a tiger so . . . human.  He had no choice but to just roll with it.  Kolm cleared his throat.  "I would very much like some water and refreshments," he responded.  "Also, when you say that you do not like this line of work, what exactly . . . is it?  And do we have the option to return to our former lives, if we so desire?"

Deep down he already knew the answer, but he felt the need to ask anyway.  He proceeded to follow Pang to the main hall, hopefully to curb the sickness in his stomach before it returned.

Lukkel saw that Kolm was getting better and smiled, "You're welcome glad to be of service. My name is Lukkel Vancin, it's a nice to meet you." As he turned to Galla who was walking away to hopefully ask a few more question, she has already started to walk away. "Hey, don't leave I still have questions and you have someone that you need to help. You can't just the person without giving them directions... It's your job to help them." He said chasing after her and grabbing a hold of her dress. "Don't leave anyone behind or you may never get to see them again, that is something I have learned and I regret it everyday." He said looking down but then happily suggests, "Why don't we all go together we can learn more about each other and enjoy each other's company... Like me being a genetically modified human, people think it's weird that I say that proudly but I think it's cool because I have all these awesome abilities and I'm probably capable of so much more." He said forgetting he hasn't let go of Galla, and looking back towards Pang, "What about you, what can you do Pang?"

Edited by Cam1949

Galla was Noticably freaking out as her dress was grabbed by Lukkel. She seemed to almost freeze up while the skulls began to chatter at him again, seemingly angered by his actions the smoke that was coming from their mouths seemed to billow further turning different shades of red. Their loud alarm-like chattering persisted. Galla then began to try to pull away from Lukkel. No words, just fear in her eyes.

Henry, and the spirits beside him, casualy turned around as they heard someone's voice they didn't recognize, a woman, fully clad in armor, the type of armor that could withstand a few blows and still be fine to continue fighting.

"Oh Hello" Henry greeted her, before shrugging, map still in his hands as he did. "Hate to admit but, yeah. Im lost." Henry admited.

"Not really a surprising sight." Undine taunted him, to which he simply smirked towards her. "Like you're any better with directions." He snarked back before turning towards Ceres again.

"I could use some directions, more importantly where we are and what is this place." Henry told Ceres, hoping the armor clad woman had an answer. Sylph was too distracted looking around like a curious child and Salamander was simply silent.

"What's your name, by the way?" Henry asked her.

Edited by Scrapmaster

Within Room 95, a young woman sits in her bed, all prepped up for the day. Serene, as she is known, has yet to meet the six newcomers, and not that she is interested in doing so. She had lost a dear friend of hers just recently, so talking to any replacements is not the first thing on her agenda. Begrudgingly, she gets up, grabs her sword and bow, and heads out the door.

Across the hall, she notices Kolm, Galla, Pang, and Lukkel. She knew Galla and Pang, but the other two were newcomers. Serene avoids eye contact with them, and continues walking down the hallway.

Edited by Endless Thundaga

“My name is Ceres, as to andwer your question, you are in the realm of Haven. A place where thr chosen a brought to elimate ancient evils and the like for the sake of all that is good. I regretably inform you that you have been chosen and thus... you are stuck here sooo you really have no need for that map.” She smiles at him. “There are great benefits to being here though. So worry not new friend”

Pang looked worriedly and held out a hand in an effort to stop Lukkel from touching Galla, but the kid was a little too fast for him, grappling onto the necromancer girl's dress and prompting a very unhappy response of both her skulls and Galla herself.  After that alarming scene, he shoved Lukkel a little ways from her with both hands, just in case he still needed support from something to stand up.

"A word to the wise, young one:  don't touch Galla or come too close," he warned lowly before letting go of the boy, eyes respectably looking up to Galla as he said so.  "She does not like company much for reasons that belong to her, and considering everything I think those reasons are serious."

He lifted himself up and, after patting the Lukkel on the shoulder, emitted a smile once again.

"As for what we can do and learning about each other, I propose the arena.  How about a friendly spar, Galla, using your necromantic arts?  You go easy, I go easy, and in the end I'll help you out with your studies.  Sound fair?  This way our new pals here can get a taste of what can be done and what can be taught to them as well.  I'm not sure how good they are in conflicts and fighting, but this would give them a spectacle either way.  How about yourself, Serene?  Do you wish to spectate?" he called out, catching that the girl had walked by the four.

He understood what was going through Serene's head, or at the very least he thought he did.  Having lost three friends today just as she has lost a good friend, he knew that he should be feeling down in the dumps as well, and inside he really was feeling glum, but he hoped that this moment would help her unwind and get her to take the chance to get her mind off things.

-- -- --

Nearby Henry and Ceres, a scruffy-haired individual exited one of the nearby rooms, locking the room tightly behind him with a mechanical wonder that fitted over the usual keypad.  Beneath that mat of bushy red hair, three studious cybernetic eyes gazed at them, and a curiously thin tongue danced over his lips as he wondered over who this newcomer was.  From the way he stood, he was not heavily affected from the travels through space, not even hunching.  Was he modified with some sort of machinations like himself, outfitted with a great abundance of metallic upgrades.  He ran a spiderweb-steel hand through his greasy hair as he approached, his hunched appearance making him seem more menacing than he actually was.

"It seems you made a new friend there, Ceres," he voiced wheezily.  If the two looked closely enough, they could see a breathing apparatus attached to his neck, very small and seemingly working as intended, though it required a lot of work in order to be efficient.  "Pleased to meet you, newcomer, and welcome to Haven.  I am Hogie for short, or Hogarth Brookloss for long.  I am the local tinkerer in all things metallic and wooden, an inventor, to be more precise, rather than a magic seeker like that girl Galla.  Who might you be?"

- Reksis Sahn, the Voidstalker - The Safe Haven, Room 40 -

Mere moments ago, Reksis Sahn was under the dark shade of the Black Forest deep within the EDZ, bathing in the Traveler's Light as per Boris-7's dying request, the late Hunter's Ghost by Reksis's side as he took the power into himself, becoming forever sustained by the Light as if it were Ether and gaining Void Light powers, the energies flowing through his body, yet not as freely as he'd like due to lack of mastery. But suddenly, he and the Ghost were overtaken by a strange light above and around them which seemed to consume the pair, as they had disappeared from the Black Forest entirely.

--------------------------

Reemerging from what was seemingly a transmat system and a rough one at that, Reksis quickly fell to one knee within a small room, his newly acquired Ghost hovering alongside him as he suffered silently from nausea. "Just breathe. Reksis? Breathe slowly, deeply." The Ghost spoke reassuringly, in a deep, resounding voice, hovering next to Reksis's head, who followed the instructions as he suggested, controlling his ragged breathing as much as possible as to prevent vomiting, which would be an unimaginable mess with a full helmet on.

"Much, obliged...I'm used to teleporters and rough Eliksni transmat, but that...ugh." Reksis spoke with a slight trill behind his words, less pronounced than most Fallen who attempt English, suggesting he was more accustomed to the language, like that scoundrel, The Spider. Soon, confusion and uncertainty was abundant, looking around. This wasn't the Black Forest, obviously, but Reksis had doubts that he was anywhere near The Last City, never mind within its walls. "Keep close, little light...argh, we've no idea what's behind this door, but, keeping you safe is what I promised Boris-7." Reksis warned, his Ghost following suit without a word, floating closely behind the Marauder as he turned the door's handle and pushed it open.

Before the Eliksni, were many more rooms, numbered accordingly and many, many people of all different kinds wandering, all to his left, right and everywhere he looked. None were Guardians as far as he could tell, neither did they dress like the City-folk he was able to observe from afar during his time in the House of Kings. Soon, a particular gathering caught his eye for having some truly unique people, including a white-furred creature, having recently finished what appeared to be a lecture to a young kid. The Voidstalker frowned, noting that he knew next to nothing about this place, so anyone really was good enough to ask, but Reksis figured this group would be a safe bet, for they were travelling together, so he approached them urgently, raising a hand to get Pang's attention.

"Sorry to bother you, stranger, but where in the name of Kaliks Prime am I?" He questioned bluntly, but not roughly, wanting only answers rather than trouble.

- Lucia Quinn, the Raging Tempest - The Safe Haven, Training and Sparring Room -

Not too far away from this commotion inside the Training Facility of the Safe Haven, someone was already physically and mentally prepping themselves for what was to come, having heard the news about the deaths of several great adventurers. If one listened closely behind the door, they would hear the crackle of the Arc, Lightning sparking and clapping from a bladed staff forged from the very power itself. The Raging Tempest, Lucia Quinn, was twirling said staff around her body expertly as she struck training dummies with a variety of moves: Twirls, stabs, arc-infused slams, crowd-controlling sweeps and agile dodges against phantom projectiles that could be thrown her way in battle, culminating in a running leap off of one of the dummies and slamming down from the air to the ground, Arc lightning emitting from the staff in an explosive fashion, the sound almost akin to a thunderclap with a more electrostatic buzz to it, knocking them away from her close position.

Rising from the low position the finale left her in, Lucia rolled her shoulders, exhaling deeply as she dismissed her Arc Staff, which disappeared in a fizzle of blue electricity, turning to walk toward her bench, lowering her hood, deactivating the seals on her helmet before removing it and picking up her water bottle with her free hand, undoing the cap with her teeth and taking a serious swig of the refreshingly cold liquid.

"Gah. That run-up could've been smoother. Next time." She thought to herself, sitting down upon the bench, silently hoping for sparring partners better than immobile training dummies.

Edited by Nero Kunivas

"Ok, I won't bother Galla anymore after a quick apology." Looking at Galla he bowed his head as far as he could, "I am very sorry Galla, I will leave you be until you are ready." He smiled up at Pang "The arena sounds cool, I want to check it out." As Pang was talking about going to the arena Lukkel notices Pang call out towards another hall. Looking down the hall he didn't see anyone and was somewhat worried about Pang, "Pang are you ok, I don't see anyone down there... Do you see this 'Serena' right now?" Grabbing Pang's clothing, looking up concerningly. As he is stilling looking down the hall for this 'Serena' character, Lukkel hears a voice behind him. "Kal... What? This place keeps bring new people to us, it seems I can have as many friends as I want exciting... By the way you are at Haven, that is pretty much all I know if tou have more just talk to this cool cat right here" Pointing at Pang and chuckling to himself about his joke. "My name is Lukkel by the way, and this here is my new friend Pang, he has all the info you might need." Grinning from ear to ear at Pang.

Edited by Cam1949

Galla backed up another seven feet. The skulls were remaining on high alert now, focused directly on Lukkel. Deep blood rest fog poired from their mouths along with waht appeared to be actual blood. Galla didnt wave them off. “Its F-Fine. One match. But then Ill be returning to my lab.” Her skulls kept chattering and Pang, knowing of Galla’s strengths he was able to see a fresh would open on her neck. Galla had cast a spell. But no damage appeared to be inflicted on anyone else. “Lets hurry along, Ill give Kolm off to you for Guidance. Maybe Ceres will join you as she tends to.” She tends to move off towards the arena, keeping a minimum distance of 7 feet from the others at all times.

“Hogarth its good to see you. How has your work been going” Ceres smiled and asked. She shifted her attention towards the tinkerer, happy to give everyone the attention they deserved. She smiled at the mention of Galla.

Edited by HeartOfFerria