Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Axtwyt

Info | Sign ups Dissidia Opera Omnia: Battle Lines

World B. A land torn by war between the gods Cosmos and Chaos. 
The world has begun to heal from the wounds of thirteen cycles of war, and two new gods have arisen in place of the old.
Materia, born from the lingering will of Cosmos.
Spiritus, born from Chaos' indomitable spirit.

The two vie for control in shaping the reborn world, but the world must be maintained by the memories of warriors from distant lands.

And so the two gods shall summon their warriors.

But these gods do not understand the delicacies of summoning their warriors, and so the various combatants from distant worlds must forge their own bonds and find allies in a world similar to their own.

Will the warriors find their gods and figure out why they've been summoned to this world? Will they survive against the other warriors, much less the Fiends and other enemies born from their memories?

RULES!

1 ) I'll allow all Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts/Square characters, OC characters and select guest characters (message me and okay it with me first BEFORE YOU POST. If you want a guest character, MAKE SURE (A) IT FITS EITHER THE FINAL FANTASY OR KINGDOM HEARTS THEME i.e. Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda, OR (B) you can convince me that it'll be an interesting addition to the cast.)

2 ) Normal KH13 RP rules.

3 ) No god modding. Any character can die.
4 ) There will be combat. You will not be able to avoid having your character getting into a fight.
5 ) No killing other RPers characters without permission.
6 ) No controlling other peoples characters without permission.
7 ) Swearing is fine, but in moderation.
8 ) The limit on characters is five. I will allow more if you take control of Dissidia Originals or Materia or Spiritus (I will be choosy for the two gods, mind you).
9 ) Characters from the original Dissidia games (all four games are acceptable territory) can be freely used until claimed.
10 ) I'd like to try to keep this RP as a turn-based one (you post, then wait for everyone else to follow it up before you post again). However, I will waive this if it's a one-on-one deal (two characters shooting the breeze or two characters fighting without anyone else interfering)
11 ) Fiends are creatures from the Final Fantasy games, as well as other enemies from other titles being included. This means Heartless, Nobodies, Unversed, Dream Eaters will be able to appear. Your characters will more than likely battle Fiends. Suggestions on other possible Fiends are welcome.
12 ) Label your posts with character names and where the character is just so we don't have to worry about any sort of confusion.
13 ) Limit Breaks are acceptable in battles, but you cannot use it twice in one battle and can only use the Limit Break again after three pages.
14 ) To show me that you have read the rules, type a superhero's alternate identity below your entry form.

SIGN-UP SHEET!

Name: (This is a given)
Original Appearance: (Where did they first appear (If OC, then put your story's name followed by "OC"))
Alignment: (What's your character alignment? How do they fit into their alignment? If you're not sure what this means, please consult this link.)
Weapon: (What do they fight with?)
Appearance: (If you have a picture, that'd be great)
Bio: (Give us an idea of who your character is. What's their backstory?)
Special Abilities: (Anything your character can do that we should know about?)
Notes: (Anything that doesn't fit above that you think we should know about this character?)

Limit Break: (A powerful attack/technique unique to your character used as a finisher or a desperation move!)

I'll be posting my characters later.

Name: Xing Long

Original Appearance: School of Assassins (OC)

Alignment: Neutral Good

Weapon: sword (shown in the pictures)

Appearance: 

7bf8188cbcca015af633ea21d72f1c23-dc9bjjh.png.32edd9d46d4b622ebce60d1d1bc0165a.png

9377992_gSp73XFhzU9FIos.thumb.png.8b7e570db049b6bd01b8773ed473a188.png

(For some reason, the Img code doesn't work anymore)

Bioa 17 years old boy of the academy. He's half human, Half sapiens. Xing's father used his human mother, Sabrina to give birth to him. Xing was planned to be use as a weapon to killed anyone who gets in the way and find the ancient relics called the Artefacts for his needs. Things however, didn't work out too well. His Mother gathered enough courage to took him away from his father and left him at the academy for his safety. Years passed as he grows stronger with his friends. His father isn't the only enemy he have to defeat, Xing and his friends met ancient sapiens named Shazasa who was sealed away in many years until he breaks free from his prison and tries to take over the world once again.

Special Abilities: martial arts. as a sapiens, he has Magic. Xing had Fire, Electricity, Telekinesis, healing, superhuman strength and Dark powers which he got it from his father. He has a Dark Form which it rans in his Father's side of the family.  His Mother however, is a witch. Making him a sorcerer. He also has light magic, thanks to his mother.

Notes: Xing struggles with his power due to that it is the mix of his father's and his mother's magic, making it harder for him to control it properly. So he wears a special bangle to keep it under control. Although, he needs to remove it to transform.

Limit Break: Twilight Beam: a special beam attack that's mix of light and darkness.

hopefully it looks ok.

Peter Parker

Edited by Yessie Maltese
Trying to make the image appeared

Name: Zidane Tribal

Original Appearance: Final Fantasy IX

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Weapon: Mage Masher (FFIX)

Appearance:
013_thumb-1.jpg

Bio: After a long, well-fought adventure, Zidane found himself in what was known as the center of the universe: The Crystal World. After traversing quite a bit, Zidane somehow ended up in this "World B"  which he had no memories of. (I'm assuming this is the Opera Omnia "World B within World B" and not directly the World B that the main game takes place in, otherwise feel free to have me change this so he does remember Dissidia/012)

Special Abilities: Has a tail that is prehensile. Can utilize Trance to enter a emotional state of power, dealing more damage.

Limit Break: Trance: Dyne; Tidal Flame - All enemies are struck by a wave of fire, Grand Lethal- Several beams of energy lance out from Zidane's body, striking all enemies

Jason Todd

Edited by Shard the Gentleman

Name: Luna Denisila
Original Appearance: Final Fantasy Path of the Goddess 'OC'

Alignment: Lawful Good
Weapon: Athane's blade
Appearance: 

_request__luna_delinisa_by_xtiene-d63ta6
Bio: The Demigoddess daughter of Athane the goddess of Light.

Dissidia: During the 12th Cycle she was part of Chaos' soldiers against her well. She later join Cosmos' side in the 13th cycle defeating Chaos for good, and returning home to her world Lagoona.

Final Fantasy Path of the Goddess: Luna was raised in Catalia Isle by her dwarfian grandfather name Cid. She learn of her destiny by Athane after she pulled her sword in her temple. She along with her allies travel to different islands to free the archangels from the four demons. Arriving at the heavens she learn the truth of her past by Athane. The group later enter the dark realm were Luna defeated both the demigod Xetrius who she fought multiple times, and his mother Yanoto the goddess of darkness. She sent her allies out of the dark realm as she sacrifices herself to destroy them both at the cost of her life. Athane sent Luna's soul to another world were she is reborn with no memories of her past. By her 16th birthday she began to have strange dreams, and awoke in World B with her Luna form that this world felt familiar along with her appearance, and blade.
Special Abilities: While she is skillful with the blade she has powerful light-based magic.
Notes: Luna has adoring childish side when she sees a moogle.
Limit Break: Athane's light: Luna dons her demigoddess armor as she flies & dash through her opponent till she releases a beam of light as her finisher.

Kara Danvers.

Edited by twilight_roxas

Name: Zaruka Long

Original Appearance: School of Assassins Part 2 (OC)

Alignment:  Chaotic Good

Weapon: Sword 0d0b981c62a77f1e8d1e0a3d5e4d0e2e.thumb.jpg.c33982fb85ee42aaeca3603bf84bda82.jpg

Appearance:  8465b13ebd187d1276cead80e9302ba5-dceu1gu.thumb.png.a9835ca825d95cb54ad8a9530b91a5f0.png

Bio: Zaruka's life changed from a normal happy life to a nightmare. When she was a infant, Most of her family were killed by Haru (Zaruka's cousin) who was possessed by Dracula's 3 Brides. She spent her whole life, trying to survive for 11 years. She felt helpless every time she saw someone getting killed. Zaruka grew up with her cousin, Lil Fey together, they were trained and raised by Leo and the other remaining Assiassins. Even though it's hurts her so much, she tried to be positive for everyone. She kept praying for someone that can help her and everyone to escape from this hellish nightmare. until one day, Xing and others managed to defeated the Future Haru. They came to the Future to ask Her and Fey to go with them to the present in order to defeat the Brides and Protect Haru from getting possessed. The girls accepted and went back to the present time as they start their adventure.

Special Abilitiesshared the same magic as her mother (making her a witch), her older brother and her father, although she doesn't have darkness like her father side of the family. She appeared to have a very strong light. Despite the fact she's 11 years old, she's pretty good with the sword all thanks to her uncle.

Notes: her sword was originally belong to her father, Zens. Zaruka and Xing are Not only Half-Siblings, but Half-Cousins as well.  

Limit Break:  light Slasher: her blade started glowing in a light aura as she'll slashes the enemy a few times and then do one last slash as a finisher.

hopefully this is ok. >.<

Name: Ardyn Izunia 

Original Appearance: Final Fantasy XV

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Weapon: 

ffxv_episode_ignis__ardyn_and_his_armige

Appearance: 

latest?cb=20170217014613

Bio: “Chancellor of Niflheim. Ardyn rose to power by introducing magitek infantry to the ranks of the imperial army, and has since amassed political power at the emperor's side. An aloof manner shrouds the chancellor in mystery.”

Special Abilities: Warping, shapeshifting, Dark Energy attacks, flight, use of the Royal Arms.

Notes: (Anything that doesn't fit above that you think we should know about this character?)

Limit Break: Armiger Wings; Summons all of the Royal Arms for use in battle, augmenting damage, power, and defense.

Jean Paul Valley

....CRAP NOW I REALLY WANT TO JOIN. XD

Name: Neku Sakuraba

Original Appearance: The World Ends With You

Allignment: Neutral Good

Weapons: Pins (Psychs)

Appearance:See the source image

Bio: Neku was somehow dragged into the Reapers' Game where he had to fight for his life continuously with and without companions. I won't spoil what happens in the end, but let's just say his life gets twisted once again...

Personality: Despite appearing introverted and selfish at first, Neku is somewhat caring if you get on his good side. He's willing to fight for what he believes in as long as he can. But right now, all he wants to do is to get the hell out of this second Game.

Special Abilities: Flying(I guess?), psychs (using fire, ice, lightning, ect.), telepathy (reading minds).

Notes: (I'm curious to how I can use pins in this RP)

Tony Stark

....And I just realized Octopath Traveler counts because it's Square's game. 

WELP

Edited by kingdomhearts45

Name: Johnny Mercer

Original Appearance: Dividing Lines (OC)
Alignment: Neutral Good. He will fight for what he believes in, no matter what any authority has to say about it.
Weapon: Johnny wields the reforged Excalibur. The shards of Excalibur were reforged, using the sword of Johnny's adopted father to act as a binding agent for the legendary metal. This allows Excalibur to transform into any weapon Johnny can imagine, provided Johnny understands how that weapon works. Johnny also carries a shield that folds into Excalibur's sheath. Johnny carries the sheath on his back when not in use.
HRIP0lh.thumb.png.4fe99e59fddff36cb9866d5ebb54a9ca.png
2yioktu.thumb.jpg.fc7b1621416ba44a31fe87df5da75f89.jpg

Appearance:
958855992_JohnnyMercer_by_CrimsonSnows.thumb.png.c0d613d02f25643874bdebcef0df3341.png
Bio: Johnny was once a member of the Knights of the Order, a group of descendants of the Knights of the Round Table, who opposed the tyrannical Union of Territories in New York City. Johnny was cast to the world below when the Union decimated the Order, which led him and his childhood friends, Luke and Arlene, to meet Jaina Noyak. The four would band together in search of Excalibur, and they led the final assault on the Union alongside Johnny's long-lost father.
Special Abilities: Johnny's boots allow him to tap into a magick known as the Tempest, which can boost his speed and agility. However, extended use of the Tempest causes a drain on Johnny's lifeforce. Johnny is also able to sync with other people's memories, allowing him to access their techniques and muscle memory, potentially boosting his own abilities. Johnny can also use his powers over memories to force him and the person he's synced with to relive any memory.
Notes: Johnny's gauntlets house cable used for climbing and grappling.
Limit Break: Perfect Sync! Johnny syncs up with his three friends and his father, using their techniques in rapid succession. Onlookers will notice projections of the four appear as Johnny uses their respective techniques.

Name: Jaina Noyak
Alignment: Chaotic Good. Fights for herself first, but still looks out for the little guy.
Weapons: Jaina wields a pair of pistols, the one in her right being a custom modified pistol and the one in her left being a gun owned by her former lover, completely unmodified from when it became hers.

FNVThatGun.thumb.png.63d43efa9c12c99857a8517075d3f9d3.png

Kelloggs_pistol.thumb.png.2eb0190dae8948d251a31e908ec19233.png

Appearance:

2088626686_JainaNoyak_by_soldagarius-dcf4iyh.thumb.png.5b7eeb6b903e1d8ef44404c28ab9a077.png

Bio: Once a simple scavenger in Horizon City, Colorado, Jaina's life changed course when Johnny descended from the layer above. Jaina joined Johnny's quest for Excalibur, and she ultimately saved his life at the end of that adventure.
Special Abilities: Jaina is extremely talented with firearms of any kind. She uses pistols as a self-imposed challenge to be the best marksman in the world.
Notes: Jaina is extremely protective of her left pistol and the ribbon on her left arm.
Limit Break: Wings of Freedom! Two black wings appear on Jaina's back, allowing her to freely fly.

Name: Variuer
Alignment: Chaotic Evil. Seeks to destroy those who oppose him in the cruelest possible way imaginable.
Weapon: While he prefers to fight using Chaos Energy, Variuer does use a greatsword imbued with his power when the occassion may occur.

weapon_open_by_andradopts-dcgsw8a.thumb.png.c49649ca7730dbe1a3e40efb1a54967f.png

Appearance:

Variuer.thumb.png.b8485394b711325faf2a89ec6360d631.png

Bio: The tyrant ruler of the Union of Territories, Variuer quickly assumed power and did battle with Johnny's father for two centuries. When Johnny's father disappeared, Variuer slinked back into the shadows, not to take the battlefield until Johnny and his father returned to finish the fight with the Union. Variuer, having underestimated Johnny, was imprisoned inside the core of the Earth, but he now roams free on World B, freed from his prison for the time being. And he does not intend to go back.
Special Abilities: Variuer channels energy into his body and is able to redirect it in a form known as "Chaos Energy". Variuer is also able to control the four elements. While he is normally able to heal from any wound by merely thinking it, his abilities have been heavily restricted in World B.
Limit Break: Master of the Elementals! Variuer transforms his body into magma using his powers over fire and earth.

Edited by Axtwyt
Added images for Excalibur and Johnny's shield, changed Jaina's Limit Break

Everyone has been approved so far!

On 10/17/2018 at 6:27 PM, Shard the Gentleman said:
(I'm assuming this is the Opera Omnia "World B within World B" and not directly the World B that the main game takes place in, otherwise feel free to have me change this so he does remember Dissidia/012)

I'm thinking more of a merger of the two. It's still the same sorta world as the main Dissidia games, with a mix of Opera Omnia's world thrown in for good measure. I'm totally game for Zidane remembering the previous cycles with Cosmos and Chaos!

2 minutes ago, Rey Starkiller said:

Everyone has been approved so far!

I'm thinking more of a merger of the two. It's still the same sorta world as the main Dissidia games, with a mix of Opera Omnia's world thrown in for good measure. I'm totally game for Zidane remembering the previous cycles with Cosmos and Chaos!

I want to be as lore friendly as possible, but I'd rather have Zidane not remember. Whichever works more for your story!

1 minute ago, Shard the Gentleman said:

I want to be as lore friendly as possible, but I'd rather have Zidane not remember. Whichever works more for your story!

That's totally fine by me! As long as the Dissidia Originals can stay consistent with who remembers what.

I'm going to give this a shot.

Name: Chrono

Original Appearance:  Chrono Trigger

Alignment:  Lawful Good.  Chrono fights with honor and defends people in danger/trouble, to the point he will sacrifice himself for the sake of their safety.

Weapon: Dreamseeker: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/chrono/images/5/52/Dreamseeker.png/revision/latest?cb=20181019215631

Appearance:  http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/chrono/images/0/02/Crono.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080706173950

Bio:  On the day of the Millennial Fair celebration Chrono bumps into a girl name Marle, and the two quickly became friends.  While enjoying their time at the fair they come across Lucca (Chrono's childhood friend) unveiling her latest invention, the Telepod.  After a successful transportation with Chrono as the test subject Marle decides to try it.  But when she does a time warp (later called a Gate) suddenly appears and ends up being sent back in time.  This incident marked the beginning of Chronos' adventures through time to not only save Marle, but the Earth from falling into ruin.

Special abilities:  Can unleash Techs that can attack enemies or support allies.  During his adventures Chrono encounters an old sage who gifts him the ability to use magic.  In Chronos case, lightning/light based magic.  He can also use Raise to revive a KO'd ally.

Notes:  A couple years after saving the world from the alien parasite Lavos (and rescuing his mother after she stumbled into a random Gate) Chrono and Marle got married.  They were about to have their honeymoon until...

Limit Break:  Luminaire:  Chronos' strongest tech.  Attacks all enemies with a holy light.   

Name: Marle

Alignment:  Lawful Good? (Not sure between this or neutral good)  

Weapon: Valkyrie Bow https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/chrono/images/1/1a/Valkerye.png/revision/latest?cb=20110510234344

Appearance:  https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/chrono/images/d/d8/Marle_default.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130311054330

Bio:  A kind and friendly girl.  Her real name is Nadia and was princess to the kingdom of Guardia.  But she found royal life in the castle to be boring.  So on the day of the Millennial Fair she snuck out and went to the festival. There she meets Chrono but hides her royal status.  While enjoying their time at the fair they come across Lucca (Chrono's childhood friend) unveiling her latest invention, the Telepod.  After a successful transportation with Chrono as the test subject Marle decides to try it.  But when she does a Gate suddenly appears and ends up sent back in time.  After being rescued Marle joins Chrono on his quest to prevent the world's end.

Special abilities:  Can unleash Techs that can attack enemies or support allies.  Marle also receives the ability to use magic.  In her case it's ice magic and healing .

Notes:  A couple years after saving the world from the alien parasite Lavos (and rescuing his mother after she stumbled into a random Gate) Chrono and Marle got married.  They were about to have their first honeymoon until...

Limit Break:  Aura Whirl:  A Double Tech with Chrono where they heal all allies by a small amount.

This next one may be a stretch, but It'd be kind of cool if it's okay.

Name: Lavos

Alignment:  Chaotic Evil.  It's goal is to drain the energy of planets and their inhabitants so it can produce spawn that can continue the cycle on other worlds.

Weapon: None

Appearance: http://cdn.wikimg.net/strategywiki/images/6/6c/Chrono_Trigger_Lavos_inner.png

But he's just 7 feet tall instead of how big he/it was in the game.

Bio:  An alien parasite that crash landed on Earth in the year 65,000,000 B.C.  In the original timeline it slept for millions of years, gaining strength until it emerged in 1999 AD and wreaked havoc upon the world.  However, due to individual interference, he was summoned at two earlier points in time- 12,000 BC and 600 AD.  But Chrono and his friends managed to put a stop to Lavos…..or so they thought.

Special abilities:  Lavos wields a large array of magical Techs and can inflict status ailments.

Notes:  

Limit Break: http://img14.deviantart.net/9699/i/2009/174/2/3/lavos_new___chrono_trigger_by_sooperkreep.jpg   Lavos transforms into his Core form with  a pod floating on both sides.  They can increase his strength, defense, and heal injuries if necessary.   Lavos can also unleash his ultimate attack, Dreamreaver: an orb of energy that starts small, but quickly grows as it chases its target.

T'Challa, Bruce Banner and Gwen Stacy.

Name: Vivi
Original Appearance: Final Fantasy IX
Alignment: Neutral Good
Weapon: Mage's staff
Appearance
 vivi___final_fantasy_by_jrtracey-d33xcsu

Bio: The black mage knows little about life, or the cycle of life, and has only recently developed a mind of its own and became aware of its own identity.  Vivi, having been separated from his master, ventures the world in search of a purpose, and why he is different from all the others.  He wonders if he has a family, or where he truly came from.  Somehow he gets mixed up in this war-torn world, which he wishes to lend a helping hand in.  His desire is to help others, though he is uncertain what fighting will truly do for himself.
Special Abilities: While limited with physical combat, Vivi is quite the dangerous spell caster, and can use an array of black magic abilities with little repercussion to himself.  Can cast advanced elemental magic spells in quick succession.
Notes: Doesn't like being alone.

Limit Break: Vivi can enter a trance where he can use two black magic spells within the same turn.  These spells can be similar to one another, or unique entirely.  

(Since we have Chrono and Marle :D)

Name: Janus Zeal
Original Appearance: Chrono Trigger (Square)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Weapon: Scythe
Appearance:
Janus.jpg
Bio: Janus lived in a lap of luxury as the prince of Zeal, a kingdom in the sky in the year 12,000 BC.  Due to circumstances out of his control involving Lavos, his mother and sister, and the queen's terrible experiments, Janus was separated from his family–by thousands of years.  He found himself in this war-torn world, struggling to survive and doing what he can to skirt danger.  He has discovered his magical potential throughout his travels, and now, while desiring to stay away from combat, has found it nigh impossible to stay on his own anymore, and has begun looking for allies who would grant him salvation for his magical prowess.
Special Abilities: Janus has been taught how to use a scythe during his temporary stay among imps called the Mystics (hence my name :D).  Despite his small stature, he can wield in quite well.  In addition Janus has unleashed his magical potential, chiefly specializing in elemental magic such as lightning, fire, ice, and darkness.
Notes: Has a cat named Alfador, who is his only companion and reminder from his life back in Zeal.

Limit Break: Eternal Darkness (casts shadow damage to all enemies)

Tony Stark

I find it odd that no is a character from Kingdom Hearts. Or from Dragon Quest. Or Secret Of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Xenogears, Neir: Automata, Octopath, Tomb Raider, Star Ocean, SaGa, or like....Okay, there are a bunch of other games Square Enix has under their belt even after the merge. 

8 hours ago, kingdomhearts45 said:

I find it odd that no is a character from Kingdom Hearts. Or from Dragon Quest. Or Secret Of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Xenogears, Neir: Automata, Octopath, Tomb Raider, Star Ocean, SaGa, or like....Okay, there are a bunch of other games Square Enix has under their belt even after the merge. 

I'm sure we'll have some Kingdom Hearts characters show up. Most people don't have more than one character anyway.

Also, the official thread is now up! 

Sorry it took me until now to post it. I've been dealing with a ton of personal stuff today. I'll be figuring out exacts in terms of the world map, but feel free to use any stage from the three Dissidia games for now.