Posted July 1, 20206 yr This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003
September 5, 20233 yr Makes me feel a little better since I couldnt complete the Crota Challenge since I ran out of time.
September 5, 20233 yr How do you figure?Like, I'm not saying what's right or wrong, but I wanna know what you mean
September 5, 20233 yr Ok, cracks knucklesI'll preface with I'm no insider, and this is just my take, like obviously, I shouldn't have to say that, but, anyway
September 5, 20233 yr There's this idea I've seen grow prevalent throughout the years, this idea that "Oh the console wars are so juvenile, it's kid shit, everything should be on every platform, or there should be one place to play games." I usually see that shit from PC players, but even console peeps say it too. I reject this notion, because, while individual companies; the big ones, grow complacent with time, the smaller developers don't; not talking about indies, and video games got where they were by the console wars and exclusives. Yes, Nintendo and Sega both had games on both platforms, but Sega didn't lose just cause they had more bits, and Nintendo didn't win just because they had Mario- each console had multiple exclusive games that made gamers pick between both. There's this idea that, "Well, just get both consoles and have a PC too." I'm sorry, are folks made of money? Lmao we got bills bro, but on top of that Sega did not quit consoles JUST because Shenume was expensive, and cause the Dreamcast was "just too ahead for its own good rip in piece", it's cause Nintendo had better draws with better titles I'm a Playstation guy, right- do you think we would be here now, if Playstation DIDN'T have exclusive console sellers? Resident Evil, Metal Gear, Crash, Spyro- it is a proven fact that exclusives provide incentives, and different hard ware suit different needs of developers and consumers. You ask me, PC gamers say "it should all be on one place because it's easier for the consumers" because PC only people don't have to deal with that- know why? They get everything through Steam! They LIVE under a monopoly, and everything else is third party roms or hacks or emulators- and they'll have you believe it's all better than console gaming, and whether that's true or not is irrelevant, the fact is, if you do that for console gaming, the medium dies. 1/2There is a well documented history that competition benefits this industry, and when it's back against the wall, it will produce; everyone thought gaming would die in 2010-2013 because the Wii U sucked and minis Unchartered and a couple God of wars what did Sony have worth caring about, and 343 started their decade long campaign to kill Halo- so, everyone thought Mobile gaming was the future, so, they got good, and the PS4/Xbox 1 Era was one of the most profitable periods of time in the history of this industry. You take away all that- Sony dies; they do not have guaranteed Money like Xbox does from Microsoft- Microsoft doesn't need Xbox, but they want it, Playstation is a part of Sony's livelihood, they die, what's left? Xbox Steam and Nintendo? Oh yeah that won't cause a power vacuum at all, and then, all drive and agency for development and the pushing of technology dies, Xbox gives up and just lives off game pass forever, and then, it's just Steam and Nintendo, two complacent companies that lost their competive edge a long time ago, and then the only gamers that exist are match em up game players, life Sim players, Pokémon, and Mario- and what, TF2 for the 3rd decade in a row? I don't want that gaming landscape, and it WILL happen if we "just put everything on everything/have just ONE console."Tl;dr, I just don't like it 😔
September 5, 20233 yr It's a possible venture for 3rd-party developers, but some like Mario to Nintendo or LBP to Sony are 1st-party, so it seems difficult to pull off and even unfitting for many.
September 5, 20233 yr That's a good point too- all those kinds of companies become redundant, and, there's a lot of them these companies bought up, so they have to either repouropse them or liquidate them
September 5, 20233 yr it's so over now, I'm not gonna buy an uItra strong PC as a repIacement or something for my PS5 but this is stiII kinda upsettingthat's the other thing competition makes peopIe strive for greatnessgames Iike haIo might not exist if Xbox didn't enter the market with it as an excIusive
September 5, 20233 yr Dude and like Xbox has lived this long on Master Chief alone, let's be real here lol
September 6, 20233 yr Finally got my new PC built, starfield is downloading, we're so firetrucking back
September 6, 20233 yr I have a Ryzen 5 5600x, Rx 6700 XT, right now 16 GBs of RAM but that'll be 32 once my sticks come in.
September 6, 20233 yr SHOOOOCKEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 6, 20233 yr In 10 select AMC theatres Ahsoka Episode 5 will be screened, this episode is directed by Dave Filoni https://t.co/4t5W0J7nKj
This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.
Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/
Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003