Posted July 1, 20206 yr This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003
January 9, 20242 yr Why do mobile, gacha game story lines hit so hard?What crack are the writers of these games smoking?
January 9, 20242 yr probably because they're allowed to be long form stories similar to episodic shows rather than something for a big game release similar to moviesthey get to have time to cook
January 9, 20242 yr 👁️👄👁️I mean, whats stopping single release games from having the same amount of care into them as the story lines for mobile games?I mean, Baldur’s game and the Nier games are good example of LONG games that COOKED.The only downside, I can think of, is bloated game files but that’s bc of graphics. Storylines >>> graphics IMO.
January 9, 20242 yr i bet it's because the audience doesn't like stuff that's too long so they end up limiting themselves
January 9, 20242 yr AUDIENCES ARE STUPID.Give me a long ass game that leaves me with so much media to dissect I’m overwhelmed.
January 9, 20242 yr They truly are. The modern audience seems incapable of comprehending anything more complex than a by-the-numbers good vs evil plot.
January 9, 20242 yr see for me, echidna was a little unimpressive. she's got this air of menace about her, sure, but all she's been so far is a glorified pokemon trainer. medusa's "fight" scene could've been a bit longer, but they touched on some nice stuff with her mythology and similarities to the heroeswhich can still be nice, but yeah, not everything needs to be quite so simple
January 9, 20242 yr I blame education. Media literacy has been on the decline for the past decade.But also our culture. No one has any desire to think about what they watch; they just want to inhale and let the author do the thinking for them.And Hawk is entirely right, films like these have their place just...nuance. I want at least a little nuance really.
January 9, 20242 yr I have been bullied for thinking hard and deeply about the things I watch, as well as criticizing them, but that’s the whole point.I just want a good and interesting story.Modern media is boiled chicken, and I only eat spiced food.
January 9, 20242 yr I also think the pursuit of realism and high graphics in video games is a pipe dream because one spends so much time and budget into the looks of a game, it’ll ultimately feel like plastic Easter egg: A pretty and intricately detailed shell that’s empty inside.
January 9, 20242 yr I don't think that's any reason not to try though. The true worth of graphics is how they're utilized, and a lot of games use them strictly as a marketing gimmick. That's the problem.
January 9, 20242 yr wh-what?! but but the raytracingexiIan you can’t do thisDON’T DO THIS TO MEhttps://tenor.com/view/yugioh-anime-omg-wtf-cant-unsee-gif-5159766I can’t beIieve sam doesn’t want needIessIy hyper reaIistic visuaIs for the sake of hyper reaIistic visuaIs
January 9, 20242 yr I don’t care how pretty the game is, if both your mechanics and story are shit, I don’t want to play it.The mechanics and graphics are shit, but the story is good? I’ll suffer. You mechanics and story are shit? I will abandon my file faster than my dad did me.
January 9, 20242 yr It depends for me personallyLike I love me my lore intensive titles like KH or Metal Gear, but I can get down with minimal story but sick mechanics, like SMT titles, or a Souls/Soulslike title.It's kinda like uhhhh like I could* have Vanilla. I *could have chocolate. Or I could have a Vanilla Chocolate swirl 😌
January 9, 20242 yr https://vxtwitter.com/Genki_JPN/status/1744532161817096579?t=ZYrTModDLTvpgLFk2P6Z_w&s=19It's so crazy to hear sony talk about Zelda
This is a special chat topic! This means that posts can be shorter and more casual here. Posts here are linked with and will on our Discord server.
Join our Discord server here: https://www.kh13.com/discord/
Or click here if you've already joined: https://discordapp.com/channels/179158453640495104/727986952909095003