Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
roxas121

Why did Xion say Roxas wouldn't understand it?

At the end of 358/2 days, Xion had a talk with Namine about how she and Roxas would need to get absorbed back into Sora, and they both agreed on that Roxas wouldn't understand the whole situation and why they need to do everything they do because he doesn't feel Sora yet.

Why would they say that?

At day 321, Xion and Roxas had ice cream again at the clock tower, and Roxas asked himself how Axel could attack Xion on day 298, even calling him a jerk. But on that same day, Xion raised her keyblade against him, and yet, he doesn't seem to hold it against her. He seems to trust her a lot, so he probably would believe her if she said the truth and he would understand it if she explained it properly.

This might be my bias, but it seems incredibly unfair for Roxas that Xion is explained everything about the whole situation, while Roxas is kept out of the dark, especially since he wants his answers so much and since the decisions they make is something that will have a big impact on both Roxas and Xion, not just Xion and they all know it. While I can understand her not telling him since he trusts Axel so much and he would most likely tell Axel, who will then stop her, what Roxas said on day 321 did make it clear that he did not trust Axel as much, so she could have told him everything and convinced him not to tell Axel everything.

I don't hate Xion at all, in fact, I like her, but this is something that has been bothering me.

Edited by roxas121

Roxas isn't exactly the most rational of the group. He couldn't even really sense Sora until Xion was already out of the picture. Maybe revealing information sooner would have been better, but as it is, he would have a harder time understanding the situation without proper guidance.

5 hours ago, King_Graham said:

Roxas isn't exactly the most rational of the group. He couldn't even really sense Sora until Xion was already out of the picture. Maybe revealing information sooner would have been better, but as it is, he would have a harder time understanding the situation without proper guidance.

I think you got a point there. At the time she said that, Roxas was lost and confused, and his best friend saying that he should merge back into Sora would be too much for him.

Edited by roxas121

21 hours ago, roxas121 said:

I think you got a point there. At the time she said that, Roxas was lost and confused, and his best friend saying that he should merge back into Sora would be too much for him.

It would be, especially since he doesn't have all the memories he was supposed to get originally while they were scattered.

It's almost ironic, but Xions existence may have been exactly the thing that kept him from understanding his situation.

On 7/22/2020 at 1:42 PM, King_Graham said:

I agree with this. Roxas can be very stubborn, I love him so. But another reason I could see why Xion didn't tell Roxas in addition to this is I think she wanted her times with Roxas to be good. She knew what she had to do and knew her time was short so she wanted her memories with her friends to be full of the good times, to hold onto the best moments of her life. She knew that Axel already knew, but when she was with Roxas she probably didn't want to think about their days coming to a end. I think that also motivated her from trying to tell Roxas about the Sora situation. Is that selfish? Yes. Xion wasn't flawless but in the end it gave her more depth.

I think it was Xion, in her own way, protecting Roxas. Telling someone "Hey, you know, you're gonna sort of not exist and go back to the body you're stealing memories from" isn't exactly going to go over well, so Xion keeping this a secret from Roxas was her way of keeping him happy with everything going on, so he didn't feel doomed like she did. She couldn't prevent Axel from knowing, and she was being torn apart by it herself, so keeping Roxas ignorant until she couldn't anymore was, to her, the only choice.

It's my take on it, anyway. 

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. It helps me understand the whole thing a lot more

On 7/25/2020 at 2:25 AM, SweetYetSalty said:

I agree with this. Roxas can be very stubborn, I love him so. But another reason I could see why Xion didn't tell Roxas in addition to this is I think she wanted her times with Roxas to be good. She knew what she had to do and knew her time was short so she wanted her memories with her friends to be full of the good times, to hold onto the best moments of her life. She knew that Axel already knew, but when she was with Roxas she probably didn't want to think about their days coming to a end. I think that also motivated her from trying to tell Roxas about the Sora situation. Is that selfish? Yes. Xion wasn't flawless but in the end it gave her more depth.

I do agree that Roxas can be very stubborn at times. While the sheer amount of trust he had in her is what made me think he would believe her and try to understand the whole thing at first, you are right in that he can be very stubborn. Also, having some last good times could also be a possible motivation. While selfish, it is also a very sympathetic and understandable motivation.

Edited by roxas121