Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Hargleblargleboo

Did you ever have a Sega Dreamcast?

This is the Sega Dreamcast.

Posted Image

It was Sega's last console they every produced, and it was a damn good send-off to their legacy in the console business.

The main reasons it never really caught on were these things.

• The PS2 took its thunder because of better hardware, marketing, and having a DVD player.
  • The console hardly ever had third-party software.
  • The Dreamcast was one of the easiest consoles to pirate games from. That didn't help sales at all.

My father got a Dreamcast back in 2000, and sold it a couple years later to get a PS2 for the MGS games. I regret ever getting rid of the Dreamcast, but I'm also thankful we got a PS2 as well.

It had great games like Jet Set Radio, both Sonic Adventures, both Shenmue's, ILLBLEED, Crazy Taxi, and more.

Did you guys ever have one and had good memories about it?

Just curious...

No sense I was more interested in my GameCube , PlayStation 2 and  Xbox. I never owned a Sega DreamCast or any Sega consoles at all.  

I might have bought one later on, but by then it got discontinue.

Yeah, but my Dreamcast Adventures were limited to Sonic.  We had a few other games for it that my brother played, like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 and Phantasy Star Online, but I hadn't played them myself, except for PSO which I took to playing for myself some time ago.  I haven't played any of them for a while, but I'm too lazy to hook my Dreamcast up again.

I had a Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and played tons of games on it.  I didn't have a Dreamcast, though.  The reason it had so little third-party games is because it was very expensive to develop games for it.  The hardware was powerful for its time but also difficult to develop for.  Had that not been the case I wonder if Sega would still be a major console developer today.