Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

It depends on what Square thinks of the platform. This is why I urge people to buy the XIII trilogy series on Steam. Yes they run like crap but make square realize that even though you are glad to be getting these definitive versions, they can't slack off because they think most gamers on the platform can brute force their way to better performance.

Distribution has become kind of a nightmare for PC gamers these days. Every dev now wants their own distribution client, which is really disjointing the market, and pissing a lot of players off. It's irritating that I need 10 different clients to play with my friends, when consoles I only need one.

Sorry for the necrobump, but this is an incredible overstatement. I've played PC games for a very long time and the only digital distribution client that I use regularly (or that I "have to use") is Steam. I only use Origin for Battlefield 3 and whatever games they put up for free. I also just happen to have GTA IV on Direct2Drive, but it was a good deal at the time.

Most of the games on uPlay are downloadable from Steam aswell, if I'm not mistaken. GTA IV is also downloadable from Steam.

And why do we even need to use uPlay, you ask? (spoilered, 'cause dumb rant that I don't want to delete cause it sounds funny in retrospect)

Ubisoft is just incredibly stupid and they implement their system running in the background with Valve's like two disjointed siamese twins, except one of them is mentally handicapped with no purpose other than to be annoying (and to suck up your PC's resources, no less!) and the other one is an actually "good" service that likes to freeze every so often with its """incredible""" spaghetti code tripping over itself from years and years and years of updates throughout 2004 to 2015. Screw the Steam Client, seriously, it's been getting worse and worse every update.  :lol: 

tldr I agree with you, but your statement was dangerously over-the-top on the wrong issue.

Also +1 for KH3 on PC. Pls don't make me get a PS4 in 5 years only to play the game with the story already spoiled to shreds. Like one day I'll be on Youtube looking up Kingdom Hearts and suddenly a video thumbnail spoils Xehanort marrying Kairi or something - you know what I mean. But man, a PS4 in a few years with Plus is gonna be an incredible deal...

I doubt Squeeeeeenix would dare do anything tho, after the disaster with FFXIII.

A PC version would be a life saver for me. I have no other reason to buy a PS4/Xbox One and the other option would be to constantly go over to a friend's house which would probably be an annoyance to them.

Yeah 4K is not the point though it's the fact that the screen is 60" inch

Hook up the PC to a 85 inch 4K Screen, play game in 4K,use bluetooth PS4 controller PlayStation 4 controller, Xbox 360 controller(The One I will use to play KH3 on the PC), Xbox One controller, Wii U Pro Controller, Wii U Gamepad, Wiimote(If you feel like  masochist), an atari controller(I don't even know what you would be thinking), or whatever weirdo controller you can conjure up from your mind and play KH3 that wasn't hard.

Alright, now before everyone goes "Oh god, dream on..." hear me out.

There seems to be more and more possibility of a PC port of KH3 or even the older games, look at the evidence:

-KH3 will be built on Unreal 4 which a lot of PC games are built on.

-It will use DX11, also making it easier to port to PC.

-Microsoft is even getting a port, thus showing that Square is willing to port it to whomever ponies up the dough.

-They have been porting a lot of their other Final Fantasy titles to PC, including 13 and 13-2.

-Recent studies have shown devs are more and more interested in developing for PC.

Now does that mean I am all "OMG THIS BETTER HAPPEN!" No. But the idea is interesting, and would definitely expand the market for the game.

So what are your thoughts on a PC port? Would you buy it?

I would not get it.

Even so, it won't happen because we are on year five of production going on year six soon. If they wanted to do it, then they should have done it when they first started making the game. It's too late now and it would delay the game to a ridiculous level should they decide to port it now.

It's already been confirmed that KH 3 is being developed on PC and is going to be ported down to the PS4/XBO for release so of course it's possible.

What? Where did you come up with that? Nomura nor Square Enix never said either of those.

I would not get it.

Even so, it won't happen because we are on year five of production going on year six soon. If they wanted to do it, then they should have done it when they first started making the game. It's too late now and it would delay the game to a ridiculous level should they decide to port it now.

What? Where did you come up with that? Nomura nor Square Enix never said either of those.

Yeah, he did, very early on, like late 2013 or something. It's because they want to push the limits of the PS4/XBO so  they're developing it on a system with even higher capabilities.

Look through the 2013/2014 archives

They are using the method of making the base of the whole thing on PC and then adjusting for the features of each console, which is apparently the best way to go about ported projects.

Oh this quote above^! I found it here in the second interview: http://kh13.com/news/37026-nomura-interviewed-about-kingdom-hearts-iii-hd-1-5-remix

Oh no this doesn't mean that it will come to PC. They are making it on there, then they will port it over to both PS4 and XboxOne.

Edited by KingdomHearts3

Oh this quote above^! I found it here in the second interview: http://kh13.com/news/37026-nomura-interviewed-about-kingdom-hearts-iii-hd-1-5-remix

Oh no this doesn't mean that it will come to PC. They are making it on there, then they will port it over to both PS4 and XboxOne.

That's exactly what I said

It's already been confirmed that KH 3 is being developed on PC and is going to be ported down to the PS4/XBO for release so of course it's possible.

See?

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

I would not get it.

Umm you do know porting doesn't actually take that many people, and I wouldn't say it's too late, for all we know they already have a  unpolished PC port for Kingdom Hearts 3, and Final Fantasy XV but they aren't telling anyone that they are there, and are probably going to work on polishing  the PC ports( adding 4K support, unlocking the framerate, adding DX12, and Vulkan support, adding Ultra textures) of the games after the console versions come out, I mean you do know Square has a track record of announcing games as CONSOLE only then turning around and dumping them on Steam. 

Umm you do know porting doesn't actually take that many people, and I wouldn't say it's too late, for all we know they already have a  unpolished PC port for Kingdom Hearts 3, and Final Fantasy XV but they aren't telling anyone that they are there, and are probably going to work on polishing  the PC ports( adding 4K support, unlocking the framerate, adding DX12, and Vulkan support, adding Ultra textures) of the games after the console versions come out, I mean you do know Square has a track record of announcing games as CONSOLE only then turning around and dumping them on Steam.

Nonetheless, anything that is to be added or changed related to KH3 will cause an inconvenience somewhere else. No more delays! The whole base, including me, have waited long enough.

I would not get it.

Necropost, sorry:

That is not necessarily true. The game is being made on DirectX 11 and on Unreal 4, both things that work quite well on the PC. It's not far fetched to say that they could squeeze in a PC port without having to delay the game too much. Plus at this point we have been given no release date despite how long it's been in production, I don't think delaying it silently will really harm it anymore.

We don't even have a release date after all this time, so getting your hopes up for any release anytime soon is kind of pointless.

Edited by Key Sharkz

IIRC, that was stated when the game was still being developed with the luminous studio engine. It's probably still possible, though.

kh x

Technically correct, though that is a browser based game. I was playing X on mobile before it was even on mobile. Edited by Andrew Rowland

IIRC, that was stated when the game was still being developed with the luminous studio engine. It's probably still possible, though.Technically correct, though that is a browser based game. I was playing X on mobile before it was even on mobile.

Um no it's being developed using Unreal Engine 4, which is an easy porting engine, in fact more PC oriented.