Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
hatok

The Unversed Missions Show How Clunky BBS Really Is

Seriously, I always knew BBS's gameplay was a bit stiff, but these missions literally draw your attention to it. Whether it's an attack in your combo falling short and not hitting the enemy, or the homing of your attacks not serving you, or the wrong attack being triggered causing TAV to miss

Jeez it's bad

I unfairly lost my chance for three stars against the poison vial an giant balloon Unversed so may times because the basic combat in this game SUUUUCKS

Because it's impossible that you just blew it, and that it's not just the games fault

No, it'sreally not my fault when I hit an enemy, and then my second attack just sort of misses. I have no control over that, the game completely determines how your attack works, and it has a major issue with pushing enemies out of range of the second hit of your combo (happens a lot with Terra's exclusive command styles)

So you're going to judge that the gameplay is bad all because you can't win a single Unversed mini game? Wow.

Er... no? I beat them all. They're not hard, luckily, or this bad design would be even more obnoxious

Don't remember any of the Unversed mission being hard. Just stock up on cures for the poison one.

They're not hard. That's not the point. The point is that there were times when I SHOULD have gotten three stars and the game let me down

It's a psp game lol..

I must have missed the part where PSP games aren't allowed to make good design choices

Maybe, but if all your attacks landed and worked perfectly, the missions would have been way too easy. 

That's the worst kind of difficulty you can possibly have in a game. Just randomly making things not work. The Mushroom XIII in KH2 are much harder, but they're based on skill strategy and timing. You're not going to fail one of those because you hit the attack button and Sora used the wrong attack

Butthurt much, uh?

I... guess? Poor design does annoy me

No, it'sreally not my fault when I hit an enemy, and then my second attack just sort of misses. I have no control over that, the game completely determines how your attack works, and it has a major issue with pushing enemies out of range of the second hit of your combo (happens a lot with Terra's exclusive command styles)

Er... no? I beat them all. They're not hard, luckily, or this bad design would be even more obnoxious

They're not hard. That's not the point. The point is that there were times when I SHOULD have gotten three stars and the game let me down

I must have missed the part where PSP games aren't allowed to make good design choices

That's the worst kind of difficulty you can possibly have in a game. Just randomly making things not work. The Mushroom XIII in KH2 are much harder, but they're based on skill strategy and timing. You're not going to fail one of those because you hit the attack button and Sora used the wrong attack

I... guess? Poor design does annoy me

Birth by Sleep was already stretching the PSP beyond it's capabilities there is only so much they could do lol.

Birth by Sleep was already stretching the PSP beyond it's capabilities there is only so much they could do lol.

this doesn't really ahve anything to do with the PSP's capabilities though. Making the combat smoother is a programming and animation thing, you don't need processing power to have smooth effective and responsive combat.

This is a side effect of the BBS/DDD and now KH3 development team's design philosophy. Just look at the KH3 footage, Sora's combos work exactly the same there

So you're going to judge that the gameplay is bad all because you can't win a single Unversed mini game? Wow.

To be fair basic combo becomes less useful(except Terra since he has a strong physical attack) the more you progress as you'll rely more and more on commands especially in the case of Aqua

I never had any problems with those two missions the one that really gave me the most trouble was the Deep Space one firetruck that Unversed it's bullshit but then again I'm just probably not doing it right -___-

no, that mission is obnoxious, all you can really do is equip a lot of Treasure Magnets, and the block adn counter a lot (and hope it doesn't attack you again during your counter animation causing you to get hurt again)