Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

The world's first ever cross-platform MMORPG looks to set to end

We will be holding a press conference regarding our plans for FINAL FANTASY XI going forward, with the event broadcast live on the internet.

Date and Time: Thursday, March 19 starting at 12:00 a.m. PDT 
Viewable on YouTube Live
*The stream will be in Japanese only and will be made public when the event begins. An English language digest will be made available on the official forums.
* Note that the broadcast may not be available in all regions. 

Not really...They'll probably announce the end at the event.

Holding an event so that they can announce its end? The heck? Do they want to be crucified? They could easily just write a big forum post. How many fans will be expecting something else? They will be dissapointed for sure.

Holding an event so that they can announce its end? The heck? Do they want to be crucified? They could easily just write a big forum post. How many fans will be expecting something else? They will be dissapointed for sure.

I don't think they're announcing the termination of it, but preluding to that. Winding it down perhaps.

And this is why naming an MMO one of the MAIN TITLES IN THE SERIES is a stupid idea.

I disagree completely, not as many people would take it seriously or consider it a big deal if it wasn't.

I disagree completely, not as many people would take it seriously or consider it a big deal if it wasn't.

Could have just called it Final Fantasy Online. And call XIV Final Fantasy Online II. Do you have any idea how many people don't know that XI and XIV are mmos?

Could have just called it Final Fantasy Online. And call XIV Final Fantasy Online II. Do you have any idea how many people don't know that XI and XIV are mmos?

And then it would look like another spin-off.

And then it would look like another spin-off.

I agree, giving them a number definitely boosted sales and credibility of the effort put into the game(except for XIV's original launch Atleast). But they just released a new expansion 2 years ago, I doubt they will be shutting down anytime time soon, from what I hear, the server pop is pretty high, I play XIV and a couple of guildmates are subscribed to both.