Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Finn and vigor

could the wizard of oz be in kh3?

Maybe. I mean, they usually go with Disney products that are either really famous or that the developers personally think would work; I don't know how Nomura or the team feel about Oz, but it didn't do fantastic in theaters (and it wasn't really a good movie anyway) so it's hard to imagine they'd go for that. There's still a lot of other classic Disney products to draw from first.

Technically yes, but I doubt it

Nope. Warner Bros. owns the rights to the film. 

But hey, Disney could always do an adaptation of Oz: The Great and Powerful. I mean, who doesn't want James Franco as a party member? >_>

Edited by Kaweebo

But hey, Disney could always do an adaptation of Oz: The Great and Powerful. I mean, who doesn't want James Franco as a party member? >_>

Pretty much this. The original books themselves are in the public domain now, but the 1930s adaptation everyone knows is still owned by Warner Bros. Most likely if anything they'd use the Oz: The Great and Powerful or take from the books which are radically different, but they can't use the first movie as a source.

Well that's what i meant...should've specified, my bad 

Only that OZ film with James Franco or that movie Return to Oz. But neither of them have a very high possibility of being included since they don't really match with the tone of the series and aren't as "successful" as other Disney properties that would fit better.

Only that OZ film with James Franco or that movie Return to Oz. But neither of them have a very high possibility of being included since they don't really match with the tone of the series and aren't as "successful" as other Disney properties that would fit better.

Actually, Tai Yasue and Tetsuya Nomura did state that they were going to use unexpected properties for Kingdom Hearts 3 worlds. Think of it like this, nobody would have predicted Mickey, Donald and Goofy: The Three Musketeers to be featured in Kingdom Hearts 3D because it is just so obscure and the fact that it was created by Disney Toon Studios and not the Disney Animation Studio (add to the fact that Julius [Pete reincarnated] out of all Disney property was selected as the secret boss for KH3D), however, it happened, therefore, it has a high chance of being featured regardless of commercial success.

If it did happen, I would be so sad if there was not at least one scene where Maleficent met the Wicked Witch of the West. What happens when there are two green-skinned, evil, little girl hating antagonists in one place?