Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

--Elia and Yevgeni-- Mountains lining Mystras--

The raven-haired young woman was breathing hard, dirt coating her right cheek which had met the ground only seconds ago.  The ogre that she was fighting had now fallen thanks to Yevgeni, though she still begrudged the elder elf.  She extended her hand, accepting Aqua's aid as she rose to her feet.  "Thanks, I'm okay.  That ogre just knocked the wind out of me, that's all."  She braced her hands against her hips, her amber eyes studying Aqua.  There was something . . . very determined about the young woman that she hadn't seen previously.  "So hey, I thought you weren't so sure about this fighting thing?"

The remaining ogres were few in number, though one of the remaining two had its sight set on the two girls.  The other ogre was deeply engaged in combat with Jynn, and would probably remain so until the Prince of the Fey brought it down.  Elia's brows furrowed as she bent her knees, getting into a stance that indicated she was ready for battle.  She glanced over toward Aqua and nodded.  "Yeah, let's talk after we show this big bozo what we're made of!"

The fairy extended a hand into the sky, which began to glow with a pale yellow aura.  Golden shimmers than descended upon the two fey, and suddenly Elia could feel a rush of adrenaline course through her body.  Elia had used a time magic spell known as Haste upon both herself and Aqua, which would augment their speed and make them more difficult for the ogre to catch.  A deep roar escaped the ogre's lungs as it bashed the ground with his club, causing bits of shattered earth to spring up and nearly strike the two girls.  With Elia's increased speed she managed to sprint to the side, rushing alongside the ogre and preparing her next move.  She removed one of her arrows from her quiver strapped to her back, twirling it between her fingers as she muttered an incantation.  She then let the arrow fly, it striking the ogre's shoulder as it let out a howl.  The ogre had its club raised high, wanting to bring it down upon Aqua.  The arrow that had struck the ogre had cast slow upon him, however, making his motions much easier to predict and avoid.

"Aqua!  It's up to you!  Show him what you're made of!" Elia cried out to her friend.

Meanwhile the tall blond elf eyed the scene, wondering if and how he should involve himself.  He noticed Rabiyu glancing over in his direction, to which he returned, his emerald eyes glittering dangerously as they met hers.  He watched as she struck a finishing blow to her ogre, unable to be impressed by the elf's talents.  Carefully he strode over to her, his white cape fluttering behind him.  "It would seem that you needed little help in taking down that abomination, much unlike others in this little party of the prince," he murmured, disdain in his voice over his last statement.  "It truly makes me wonder what kind of companions His Majesty would choose for himself.  No one can ever prepare for an ogre attack such as this, and frankly"--he glanced over at Elia and Aqua, the former readying a new arrow to launch in the ogre's back before skidding over a mud puddle and falling backward--"I must ask myself if this group is all truly prepared for the perils that lie ahead."

Finally he nodded.  "It's a pleasure once more to be in your company, Eliltari, if I may be permitted to address you as such?"

--Queen Shiva -- Home in Ambrosia Forest--

Amidst the trees and chirping birds was bliss: the scent of evergreen, pine, and all of the trees that Shiva had adored.  It didn't match parallel to her element, that was true, but she had come to love this forest and its surroundings.  Jynn's father had made it so.  It had been hundreds of years since she had tread through these grounds, if not longer, and yet she could remember coming here every weekend.  Whenever her father was away, or the fey kingdom could fend for itself, Shiva would reside here in this forest, in her secret home with her secret beloved, two things her father wouldn't have tolerated in the least.

But alas, this was what seemed a lifetime ago, the bittersweet memories bringing a tear to slide down her cheek.  Everything had changed all too much, and if everything was going as she feared . . . .

For the first time in nearly two-thousand years, Shiva wondered if she could still remain queen.  Again her crown was splitting her heart in two, but she dared not think of this.  Not now, when there was so much business to finish.

Between parted trees and a babbling brook was the home: the cottage that her beloved presented her to one fine day as a surprise.  It had aged, true, but it still looked as she had remembered it.  Sometimes she had wanted to bring Jynn, to see if he would have fond memories of his old nursery or remember playing in the brook.  It was not likely, plus there was much she hadn't yet told him.  While the time was nigh, she just had never had much of a chance to.

The queen strolled up the cobblestone steps, past a birdbath and to the front door.  She helped herself inside, though despite it not being touched for hundreds of years the place was in considerable shape.  The decor was exactly as she had left it, the broken vase precisely as she'd left it as well.  Little dust was present in the room, and it was then that it occurred to her that she wasn't the last soul who had been here.

Had he . . . ?  No, it was not possible, nor should she fantasize over such things.

She helped herself down into the basement, her magic burning a brilliant blue flame into existence.  She made her way carefully down the stairs, her elegant dress cascading behind her.  It was a short trip, bringing her to a room that would have been completely in darkness had it not been for her cold fire.  She blew upon it, the flame splitting into several small fragments that danced around the room, meeting torches that lined the circular room.  In the center rested what seemed a suit of armor, and this indeed had not been touched since she'd last seen it.  A thick layer of dust was clearly visible, though a part of her didn't even want to remove it.  A long sigh escaped her, as she began to roll up her sleeve.  An emblem, much like a golden eye, was burrowed deep into her pallid flesh, her eyes glassy as she considered it.  This Mark of the Beholder was not brought upon her without much sacrifice, and it wouldn't be without sacrifice that she would use it once more.

"Maxis," she murmured, her voice weak as she brought two forefingers to the mark upon her forearm.  "I summon thee!"

(And this is where I leave you, Scrap.  I will be interested to see what you do from here!)

--Alderon and Curvis -- Docks--

It warmed the cold king's heart to see his daughter laugh.  Oh, how much joy it brought him to see her happy.  He rubbed her cheek fondly.  "And I sincerely believe that while I am up there I will find a way to cure you, my dear.  Soon you will no longer be in this cursed form, I promise you that as well."  Finally he kissed her forehead, taking in that lovely floral scent of the perfume she normally wore.  Despite her doglike features, he was so very proud of Visco.  She was his pride and joy, and there was almost nothing he wouldn't do for her, even if it meant his own kingdom.

"I will not be gone longer than a week.  I am putting you in charge of things while I am away.  I know that you won't let me down, Daughter.  I know that one day you will be a marvelous queen."

His eyes scanned the crowd and, much to his annoyance, the knight hadn't yet returned with Helios.  What ever could have been taking them so long?  Alderon hadn't the slightest idea, but he was going to find out.  He broke into the crowd, signaling two nearby guards.  "I want you both to find that knight which I sent to retrieve Helios and bring him here.  I haven't the slightest notion what is taking them so long, but I am growing heavily impatient.  Bring them both here.  We must depart within the hour."

Guards are now heading to the dungeons, and it won't be long before the entire palace is suspicious.  Henry and the twins have until Sunday August 28th at 8:00 PM EST to escape with Helios, using any means necessary.  There may be a few guards littered throughout the halls and interrupting their leave, but for the most part they should be able to infiltrate the castle and escape with ease.

(And whoops, Kingdom Key, I didn't realize that her father was no longer among them.  I will change that accordingly.)

A deep rouge filled his face as he burned under Lady Manel's gaze.  He tilted his head slightly, so that he no longer felt the burning sensation quite so intensely.  Hadn't it been her father that he had protected?  He'd thought it was him, but perhaps it was some other lord in some other instance that Alderon had been convening with at the present time.  "Forgive me, my dear lady, but perhaps I have made a mistake.  I have never been a page, but rather I was a student in my youth.  I was the apprentice of a doctor.  I had studied medicine."

He didn't know how he would live up to her now, after having made such a fatal mistake.  Still, he'd thought that he'd met her before, and not just at the dinner party the night prior.

-Arthur, attending the departure-
Arthur murmured, rubbing the back of his head. "You're very right sir." He said as he chuckled. "You sound like a grandpa but that's the experience talking, I think. Sir." He added. He glanced up as everyone began to board the ship. He looked up at Draksis with a sheepish smile. "Well, let's get on the ship, shall we, sir?" Arthur said as he began to walk onto the deck of the ship. He decided that, if possible, he would like to stay on the top deck. It provided the best view, and he wanted to see the kingdom off as they took into the air. Besides, the low deck seemed to have easily become crowded. From what he had seen it included an assassin, the King's most trusted advisor, and a few nobles and so on from what he remembered. Besides, if there was in need of something, he would already be up on the deck to help out! To think he was standing on such an advanced machine, a machine capable of flight. He never would have dreamed it. He couldn't help but to glance over at the castle doors. It had been a while since they had sent a knight to search for the so called Fey, the prisoner. Surely the knight should have arrived by now. Was the Fey that troublesome? Then again it took three knights to get him to settle down the night before. "Arthur!" A small voice spoke. He blinked, looking around. Where did that come from? His eyes turned to the large crowd that stood behind the line of nights. Right behind one of them a little girl stood with a striking resemblance to Arthur himself. "Nadia, you came!" Arthur said as he waved to his sister. The young girl smiled and waved back at her big brother. "As soon as I heard I had to come! Mom would have come but she had to stay at the tavern! You better be careful out there!" She screamed, being careful to not cross from the knight's line. Arthur smiled. He really didn't see his family much since becoming a knight. To see his sister attend to see him off, now that meant the whole world right there. "I'll be fine." Arthur seemed to assure, and just like that, he lost her in the crowd. He blinked a few times, rubbing his head as he rested against the wooden banister. Could she had been a ghost? Nah. She most likely had skipped chores to see him and just needed to go back before their mother found out.. Sure, he was independent now by all means...still, family was family, even if small. But for now, he was ready to follow the King's command and set sail into the sky whenever he ordered it. But for now, his attention turned to Visco, gently waving at her from his place in hopes that he would see him and wave back, even just a bit. It would be a while since they would return. Maybe a week. But still, a love confession and then disappear for a week? That was harsh, man.

-Helios, in his cell-
By this point Helios had his ear against the metal door. He couldn't help it! The conversation had shifted right to the front of his cell, and he could now finally make out what they were saying, their voices clearer as well. He instantly recognized one. It was the girl that always hung around with the princess. The one with the unsettling presence, and the scent of sulfur, or how Helios described her from only brief encounters. Did that meant that the princess was with them? No. He didn't hear her. His expression soured. It was like they were being slow on purpose, to extend his suffering and anxiety of the upcoming fate. Seriously. He couldn't help it, and though it hurt, he slammed a punch against the metal door with a loud bang. "Go to hell both of you and get this over with!" Helios screamed, hissing in his words.

Edited by Stardustblade358

Rabiyu - Mountains near Mystras

"For beings like us this is but a simple task. The only difference between us and them is the amount of experience we have on the battlefield."

The younger elf was now standing over the body of the large monster before she finally felt the presence of one of her companions.

"You are permitted to call me by my first name," Rabiyu answered with a bow, "It is an honor to be in your presence, Lord Yevgeni."

Rabiyu then looked at the others and how they were struggling to defeat the remaining ogres, her cloak once again appearing over her body like a fine veil made of black mist.

"I must admit the Prince's group is rather underdeveloped for such a task, but I am sure that their intentions are in the right place."

While keeping an eye on the others Rabiyu turned to the other elf.

"If the Prince deemed them worthy of being his companions then we must believe that he made the right choice, even if it seems the opposite. I am here to help them in anyway I can, for the time being."

Rabiyu then looked at the others once more.

"Change is coming," She said quietly to Yev. "I can see it in my mind's eye. A big change for everyone. Good or bad, I'm afraid I can't tell, not for now at least."

Aeternum Siblings - Dungeon Cell

Both siblings could heard the voice of another of the prisoners, one who was very eager to meet with those two.

"Think that's our guy?" Aurion asked, "He sounds like he is in a hurry."

Aura watched as Henry and the other girl passed by and went further into the dungeon. Once both were out of sight Aura took a pair of lockpicks from under her hair.

"What are you-"

"Making an exit," Aura answered her brother, "Something tells me that Henry will have some difficulty getting rid of the girl. I hope I'm wrong but at least this will make the job easier. Time is getting short and we really need to hurry up or else we are going to stay here to rot for real."

The younger Aeternum made sure that no other guard was around before she began to pick the lock. She knew that she had to stop if she listened to even the faintest of sounds coming from the hallways.

Edited by Elrandir

Eclaire - now over Ambrosia Forest

The contradictory woman long had flown. Faster and faster, using her magic to just put as much distance between herself and Mills as she could. No, oh no...she couldn't go to another city. She had no way to control her urges, she feared practicing her demonic side, lest she lose control. No...she couldn't.

Looking down, the woman found herself over a new forest...yes, tranquility. Her wings felt tired, her mind hazy from the amount of flying. She began circling down, then pulled up and into a hover. She frowned. There was something nearbye, she could barely see it...could it be...?

The woman alighted outside a house. Old, as it looked. But intact.

Could someone have abandoned it? Might she have found some providence before her, a sign where she may live in solitude?

Eclaire reached out, easing the door open. "Hello?" She called wearily, the flight haven drained much of her. She needed food and rest...she needed to replenish her strength. Oh, how she wis he'd her succubus side need not pester with its sexual hunger, the idea of life force tantalizing.

No. Not again.

Eclaire took a step inside. "Is anyone here?"

-Morana, traveling within Ambrosia Forest-
The scent of a decaying being is one of the worst stenches to ever exist. The skin retracting, being eaten by animals and maggots of all kinds, the insides becoming rotten to the point of shriveling up, the blood inside drying up, but not before providing a humid environment for bacteria to grow. Well that was the scent that followed the Wendigos. If you caught the scent in the air, you were either nearby a rotting corpse, or indeed, nearby the presence of a Wendigo. They came in all shapes and sizes. Some were big as a giant, able to reach to the top of the trees. Some small, resembling the size of an average human or fey. Some were born, a lines of Wendigos showed up for generations at a time. Some were created, transformed through the hunger of cannibalism, causing them to lose control, and lose their grip on what was left of their sanity. Within the forest, you could hear the leaves shaking, the branches of trees cracking, as low groans followed. In a group, Wendigos traveled across, wearing their torn garments, most covering their decaying faces with the skulls of anything they had eaten before and made into a mask. Some looked more stable, while others had their skin barely hanging onto their bones. Some looked fit, and yet others looked so emancipated you could take pity if you didn't know who they were. Yet as terrible as they sounded, the Wendigo did good. They cleaned the Overworld of the dead that were left to rot, allowing new life to take its place. Among them a Fey stood in vigilance as she walked, part of their family, yet at the same time more sane looking than the rest. Feys, being such a varied being, were full of surprises, especially when it came to offspring. In this case when a Fey and a Wendigo ended up having a child. It wasn't the first time, even as rare as it was. They had been traveling all morning, and soon they would have to rest, but were opting to rest somewhere in between being near a civilization and not that close to it. They didn't want to bother the locals with their stench...but raiding a cemetery or dying cattle sounded really good after walking for a while. "...a presence..." One of them spoke, his voice raspy and grueling, as if it was fading and struggled to even come out. Morana paused, looking back at her senior. "You feel it too." Morana asked, turning her head to the side. "It's coming from the clearing up ahead. I believe there is an abandoned house there, if I'm not mistaken." Morana said. She heard the beast rasping at the back of its throat, its long fingernails scratching against its sketch uncomfortably. "...you wish to check it out regardless." Morana sighed. She began to walk over to the clearing, looking back at her Wendigo kind. "Let us see with precaution." Morana said as she stepped into the clearing, the old house now in view. However she couldn't help but to wonder if this would turn out that well. Because the moment whoever was in that house stepped outside, they would end up seeing themselves being watched by dozens of eyes, hiding within the shadows of the forest. "Stay there." Morana asked, whispering at them as she walked to the house, keeping a distance between herself and whoever was inside. Their scent would give them away eventually, after all.

~Aqua:Fighting for the First time-Mountains Near Mystras-~

Aqua was wholly was unready for a fight of any kind;at least she was in her her mind that was screaming at her to 'flee' over and over again. Yet,on the outside she remained calm. She forced herself to will her magic into her staff at the same time easily avoiding the shards of earth flying at her. Once Aqua had gotten out of the way of the attack she noticed her staff was ready.The orb at the top of her staff started to glow white and chunks of earth (About the size beach balls) flew at the ogre. There was three in total that flew at the creature at once. One hit it's stomach and easily met it's mark. The other two were hit away by the ogres club. Even with it's slowed movements it was able to easily avoid most of Aqua's attack.

The earth chucks once hit shattered into several still rather large chucks around the monster. It was still fazed by being hit. Although not as much as Aqua wanted. After the fight was over she vowed to learn better aim. For now she needed to keep attacking. Aqua took the change to take a quick glance at Elia was was once again on the ground. This time there was mud and the blue haired elf was confused. Her glance away gave the monster enough time to swing at her. Though,luck and a time mage was on her side so she was able to move out of the way. 

Jynn Venas - Mountains near Mystras

Jynn could sense the movement of Yevgeni's words, despite the orb's loud and windy charge. He is disgusted with Yevgeni's lack of faith in the prince's allies. He then quietly speaks to himself. "Because I have faith that they can become more than what they are now, unlike you." The powerful projectile is ready to fire. "Everybody watch out!" Jynn then fires the powerful orb at the partially blind ogre, sending it flying back towards the rest of the ogres, dead. Intimidated, they flee from the scene. "These blasted ogres........... They never learn." Jynn withdrew his sword and senses a slight disturbance. He then looks over the edge of the mountain, and he can sense the movements of large creatures below.

Even though everyone is probably exhausted from the encounter, he knows that they must make haste. "Everyone, I'm sorry to say this, but we are in the wrong territory, and we need to get going, now, before another horde attacks! My outpost is only one hour away! Once we get there, we can rest up for the remainder of the night." He then whistles for Melstrome and mounts. The gelding's wings open up and takes to the air.

(alright I mind as well)

Alicia - The Grimoire wielder - Mountains near Mystras (Oh hey ignored again). - 

As the fight ended, Alicia simply sheated her sword, closed her grimoire and attached it to her belt. She whipped off the dust in her clothing from the fight as she barely noticed they had someone helping them as well, or either that or the elf just stood and watched, regardless, that elf was Yevgeni. 'Oh great. A stuck up.' Alicia though to herself as she frowned.

A well known, and respected elf, but not by her. She couldn't care less if the boy was nobility or not. she simply stood among the others.

"You can't exactly judge us completely from one short scuffle." Alicia remarked to Yevgeni, she was one to oppose others. "By the way...who are you?" She asked Yevgeni, she, had no idea who this blonde 'stuck up' was. 

She turned to Jynn, who briefed them about the territory and an hour's walk from where they were to there. "Right." She aknowledged.

(Defiant, runs in the family, bonus points if Yevgeni gets mad xD).

- Maxis - The Eye of the beholder - Shiva's home. -

The lightning in the room began to flicker, the torches fading and reappearing constantly as an ever increasing ammount of power could be felt coming off the suit of armor, which laid in a kneeled position. "Ahh..." A whisper could be heard in the air around the room, echoing from all corners, as the torches faded out completely. 

The room was in complete darkness, as Shiva stood there, a strange presence began emerging from the room, she could feel it. The mark on her arm began glowing brightly, but without hurting her, the glow lit up some of the room in front of her, whereas the armor...was no longer there.

A dark, armored figure began emerging behind her, threatening and intimidating in the darkness, Shiva could feel it. 

The torchlight lit back up as Maxis simply put his right hand...his lifeless, armored hand on Shiva's right shoulder. 

"How long has it been...my dear?" Maxis asked Shiva in a polite tone. 

"Don't suppose you awakened me to chat and have tea...no, you never did that." Maxis explained. "It gets quite lonely you know." Maxis instantly began joking as he disappeared and reappeared in front of shiva. Standing up,  with his arms crossed.

"Seriously, how long has it been?" He asked her.

Edited by Scrapmaster

- Raleigh Marin, skulking within the Phoenix -

The interior of the ship was not as open as Raleigh originally thought it to be.  Technology far more advanced than what was familiar to her littered many a room, probably augmenting or generating magic which powered the ship, and the layout was slightly different from the usual cargo and passenger ship probably for that same reason.  Every so often she saw a member of the crew preparing for departure, and they looked at her as she passed them by with the same amount of distrust she gave them.  Their concern was understandable.  She had a reputation, and the machinery seemed sensitive and liable to be destroyed if one knew what they were doing.

Heading further in and opposite from the hall leading to Midnea's room, the assassin slipped towards the cargo hold, setting up a quick tripwire with bells and bracing the door open just in case someone tried to lock her in.  A quick scan of the room showed no evidence of a stowaway, nor did it seem different than anything else she had seen in her travels on ships.  Undoing her precautionary work, she shut the door with a clank and sought out the ledger.

Asking a crewmember of its location birthed an understandably hesitant response before he rushed back to work, and she offered a smile before rushing off herself.  She trudged up the steps again to the captain's quarters near the stern of the ship, knocked, and, after not receiving a reply of any kind, entered the cabin.

With the Phoenix being a relatively new ship, its cabin was sparsely decorated and held little hominess to it.  The walls, while elegantly well-crafted, were plain and undressed by painting or furniture.  The desk near a thick wooden door with many equally thick windows was bare except for a quill, an ink pot, and a thick leather-bound book with a few scrawlings in an untidy column.

Ensuring that the room was clear with a full sweep of the room, Raleigh entered and snared the book, reading its few pages' worth of contents.  Its captain kept a tight ship and his crew up to snuff.  Names, birthplaces, job descriptions, dates, times, key words--various pieces of information were all compiled in the crew's listing to make sure everyone was who they said they were.  A separate page was dedicated to its passengers.  A manifest on the last two pages listed weights and counts of various stocks such as food, tools, sizes of lumber for repairs, and other miscellaneous items.

Impressive, Raleigh thought to herself, closing shut the book and returning it to its rightful place.  It doesn't take many to sail this vessel, it seems, and now I have a head count.  Now, to see what is going on out there.  It seems the crowd is starting to stir more than it already was.

With all said, done, and thought, she headed for the door to continue her observation.  So much would happen to her after the airship takes off, and nothing would be the same after it.  She might as well savour the moment.

- Rufus Contralto, inside his lava lamp in Rabiyu's pack -

Rufus had a lot of time to think over the several hundred years of silence, but never did he have such a enjoyment thinking even over the sound of constant noise.  After talking with Rabiyu back at the plaza of the capital, he went inside his lava lamp for easy travel and sat cross-legged on a perfectly situated lava bubble with a wide smile painted across his face.  He saw the beauty of the outside world, and the first person he met through voice as well as sight was a gorgeous elfin maiden.  After so many dreams of elephants, twirling toothpicks and toothbrushes, and marbles tumbling down a funnel, he forgot what it was like to be in the presence of a woman, the soft tendrils of wind slapping his face and stringing through his hair, or see the brilliance of one of the several suns he had witnessed.

Yes, he was incredibly happy.  It was commonly said that it is the little things in life that one treasures, and it is perhaps equally important to say that life without nuances is nothing to treasure.  For nearly six hundred years he had been enslaved to a glass bottle with limited privileges, and, now that Rabiyu had secured him some level of normalcy just by talking with him (and not greedily using him for wishes), he started to enjoy his life again.

Then came the screams, shrieks, metallic clangs, and shouts of battle.  Rufus toppled over the side of his bubble at the disturbance and looked this way and that, feeling jolts every time Rabiyu moved differently, whether it be her getting struck or spiraling into battle with elfin finesse.  He wanted to shout whether everything was okay or not, maybe even offer his help, but there was no way his voice could carry through the ruckus outside.  After several backs-and-forths of thought, he decided he might as well try.

"Hello out there!" he piped up every so often, probably sounding like a gnat in an ear.  "I'm here if you need me!  Remember that!  You hear me?  I can help!"

- An Infiltrator, deep within a cavern beneath the Isle of Isopolis -

Within the confines of a damp cave, a man in a snaggle-toothed mask prowled.  Security did not seem to have changed much since the last time he had been in the field, and by no great means has the security bettered than it once did, from what he was told.

As soon as he thought this, a trio of guards came around the corner, torches beaming their brilliance across the damp stone walls and floors.  The man hid behind a spire of a stalagmite.  Speak of the devil and he shall appear.  Fortunately, however, there were a good many places for the man to hide, the most promising of them being a deep cleft in the rock.  Silently moving from shadow to shadow, he slipped inside the crevasse, chameleonising his presence with skillfully woven magic that rendered him like the terrain around him.

It was a good thing he used such magic, or else there would have been bodies.  One of the guards stuck a torch inside the cleft and darted a predatory eye this way and that within the darkness before the trio continued their routine anew.  Perhaps he was wrong to misjudge the security.  They certainly did not become sullen and lax even though hardly anything had happened here in Isopolis, and that was respectable.  Their higher-ups would be proud.

Once safely out of the reach of the torches, the man continued further within.  He felt he was getting close, but he had the same feeling fifteen minutes ago.  This time, however, he was correct.

Turning a few corners here and there, he found a gaping hole filled with bountiful amounts of sky and faraway terrain, but it did not open up upwards.  It came from below.  He could see the beautiful, almost spherical shape of the world below, the distant mountains, the bluest of blue oceans.  Yet not even this window of worldly beauty was what he sought.  His eyes were set on something far smaller, a mechanism to release the Aegis.

- Foxchild Jari, discussing personal matters with Alastor -

Jari shook his head in uncertainty, his hand reaching towards the glass of sour wine set in front of him before quickly being drawn back.  No, now was certainly not the time for a drink, but rather a time to talk

The same would not be said about Kouroo, however.  The younger foxchild reached for his cup as soon as it was given to him and gulped down its contents without sense, hoping the alcohol would deaden his thoughts on Jari's true line of work, on Alastor, on everything.

"My guess, Jari started, "is I'd go far away, to another land.  Start fresh, with or without Kouroo.  Maybe send letters to my mam and cousins, but nothing crazy.  I'd be done with being an agent and bury everything I did."  Jari jolted as recognition settled in on him and he glanced at Alastor in hopeful surprise.  "Are you . . . dragging me back or letting me go?  I swear to you, I'm being honest!  I'd leave with the clothes on my back, never to return and never say a peep!"

- Rufus Contralto, inside his lava lamp in Rabiyu's pack -

Rufus had a lot of time to think over the several hundred years of silence, but never did he have such a enjoyment thinking even over the sound of constant noise.  After talking with Rabiyu back at the plaza of the capital, he went inside his lava lamp for easy travel and sat cross-legged on a perfectly situated lava bubble with a wide smile painted across his face.  He saw the beauty of the outside world, and the first person he met through voice as well as sight was a gorgeous elfin maiden.  After so many dreams of elephants, twirling toothpicks and toothbrushes, and marbles tumbling down a funnel, he forgot what it was like to be in the presence of a woman, the soft tendrils of wind slapping his face and stringing through his hair, or see the brilliance of one of the several suns he had witnessed.

Yes, he was incredibly happy.  It was commonly said that it is the little things in life that one treasures, and it is perhaps equally important to say that life without nuances is nothing to treasure.  For nearly six hundred years he had been enslaved to a glass bottle with limited privileges, and, now that Rabiyu had secured him some level of normalcy just by talking with him (and not greedily using him for wishes), he started to enjoy his life again.

Then came the screams, shrieks, metallic clangs, and shouts of battle.  Rufus toppled over the side of his bubble at the disturbance and looked this way and that, feeling jolts every time Rabiyu moved differently, whether it be her getting struck or spiraling into battle with elfin finesse.  He wanted to shout whether everything was okay or not, maybe even offer his help, but there was no way his voice could carry through the ruckus outside.  After several backs-and-forths of thought, he decided he might as well try.

"Hello out there!" he piped up every so often, probably sounding like a gnat in an ear.  "I'm here if you need me!  Remember that!  You hear me?  I can help!"

The monsters were gone, that was something at least. There was also the nuisance of a girl throwing a tantrum.
"For someone so young, she has quite the energy. But I am sure you don't really care about it. Isn't that right, Lord Yevgeni?"
The High Elf kept looking at the younger fey, her eyes showing no sign of emotions. She was one of the younger ones, maybe that was the reason for such attitude. Rabiyu was going to say a few words to the young fey, but was interrupted by a familiar voice.
"Oh."
It seems that she forgot about the other member she had with her, she slowly took out a lamp from inside her cloak.
"I apologize, Master Contralto. Please, come outside. I am sure that it would be preferable to travel outside the lamp rather than being inside all the time."
The Elf gave a small smile while looking at the lamp.
"I am sure you can help, but as you can see, the battle is over. At least for now. I pologize again for not letting you come out sooner."

~Erica, in the mountains Mystras~ 

"I can handle the trails ahead!!" Erica defended herself against the newly come Yevgeni. 

Erica of course has never heard of this high elf. She was a Vila and Yevgeni was a high elf. Erica of course is a younger fey and she doesn't really listen to older Vila. 

After of course she said that, she went over to Braxter's side. 

"Thank you so much for helping me fight Braxter!" she smiled at the older fey. 

"Let's get going~" she sprung up, floating there for a second before pushing off in a small breeze, following Jynn. 

"I guess I'm not really a good night watch." she laughed to Jynn. 

But honestly they did not know that there were going to be ogres. Who could have guessed that? 

Henry - The Dreadnaght - Operation grounded fey -

"Hah!, i'l try m'lady". Henry spoke back to Effie as she took off. what followed after was Henry leaving a relieved sigh, it also seemed she took care of some of the guards coming to check on him too, what a nice girl! helping him with his plan without even knowing! all he needed. Henry smirked below the helmet as she also handed him the keys to Helios's cell and probably the Aeternum siblings too.

"Well...no time to waste." Henry spoke as he turned to Helios's metal door and began unlocking it. "Alright back away from the door" Henry spoke as he slowly opened it, the metal creaking of the door could be heard through the whole cell block. It was a pretty heavy door.

Henry stepped into the room, examining it, "Man...Alderon loves to firetruck over his prisoners doesn't he? specially an important test subject" Henry spoke, pretty much giving up on the knight act as he walked over to Helios. "Hi. My name is Henry, and im here to get you the hell out of here." Henry asked him offering Helios a handshake and possibly some help up in case he was on the floor. "And no, I am not with Alderon, in fact I want to see the firetrucker crash and burn on that flying ship of his." Henry reassured Helios.

- Alastor - The Storm - With Jari in the flowring Hyssop. -

Alastor listened intently to Jari's confessions about him, and what he would do, he glanced at Kouroo at where the boy was, all with a continuous frown on his face and a serious demeanor around him. 

"Right..." Alastor spoke as he crossed his arms, stood up and throught a bit. Slowly pulling out a knife from one of his backup knive sheaths, everyone had some of those. Alastor walked over to Jari with the knife on his hand...and stabbed it on the table...

"I believe you're telling the truth...don't prove me wrong...or I swear your death wil be so painful your family's generations to come will feel it in their spirit..." Alastor left that threat as he left the knife on the table. "Take the knife, and do as you say, walk away from all of this, take your friend if you must. Never show your face to any kingdom again...because if you do...I will know." Alastor explained to him in a serious tone.

"Am I clear?" Alastor asked him. "Now leave, go where you please. I give you my permission." Alastor spoke. Before sitting down again.

Edited by Scrapmaster

Manel Fienna, Sondon

Manel's eyes narrowed slightly at Curvis' concession. That couldn't be right, she could have sworn she knew this soldier.

"It was my mistake." She smiled at the flustered knight. Some nobles might have taken offense at the small blunder. Such nobles were not worth the air they breathed in Lady Fienna's opinion. Curvis had done nothing wrong. "You simply reminded me of someone." It wasn't as simple as that. Yes, the knight shared an uncanny resemblance to a boy she had known, to the point of her questioning a potential blood relation, but she had seen this man's face before. No matter, she could remember where she had met him later. They were getting closer to the ship. Nothing appeared amiss, but the nagging in her head remained that something was off. She glanced back over her shoulder before quickly returning her gaze to her companion.

"What led you from a career in medicine to the military, Sir..." Manel trailed off as she realized that she did not yet know the knight's name.

-Helios, in his cell (though not for long)-

Helios heard the knights orders, stepping away from the door and quickly tensing up once it began to open up. He expected the worst; maybe one or two knights rushing in to tackle him down to make sure he wouldn't try anything, or to be injected with a sedative to avoid him from mouthing off the king all the way through the departure. He wouldn't underestimate Alderon's measures of treating him, especially after so long. But instead was met with a whole different aura, and definitely not what he expected. "...you're here...to help me...?" Helios asked, blinking a few times. It couldn't be real. He had to be dreaming. But he wasn't waking up, and his heart began to flutter ever so rapidly. Well damn. He might actually, finally be getting out of here. ALIVE. Helios eyed at the stranger, Henry for a few seconds. "This isn't some sick joke, is it?" He murmured. No. His words were sincere and honest...the first he had felt after all of his time in captivity. He reached out, gently shaking Henry's hand, his chains sounding gently at his movements. "...I'm Helios." He spoke. Wow. A normal introduction? This was getting stranger than he remembered. Adrenaline rushing, he grabbed Henry's hand tightly. "Then let us make haste before the parasite knows we're up to something!" Helios insisted, the parasite of course referring to the king. If he was getting out of here, well darn, don't mind if he does. He was finally getting out, and he would be dammed if he wouldn't put up a fight were he need to. "Are you alone in this?" Helios quickly added. Usually escape plans took more than one people. He would know. "If we need to fly out of here then I might need to go with something bigger than a griffin depending on how many people..." Helios murmured, already calculating.

Aeternum Siblings - Dungeon Cell

Aura managed to hear the sound of footsteps coming their way and quickly got away from the door. It was at that moment that the girl passed by on her way back towards the entrance.

"That was close," she said, "Now."

After a few more minutes the sound of a lock opening was finally heard, and the door opened slowly.

"Well, it seems that there is no one around," Aurion said. "Let's hurry up and"

And there it was again, the sound of footsteps coming from the deeper cells.

"Oh, look who it is," he said. "Henry is back, and he brought a friend."

Aura turned around to look at Henry and their new partner in crime.

"Took you long enough, Henry," she said flatly, "I suppose the girl was the reason. In any case, we need to hurry up. We took more time then needed and I'm sure things will be getting a little hectic."

Both siblings then looked at the newcomer.

"I'm Aura, kid," she said as she pointed at her brother. "And this is my older brother Aurion."

"Hi there, nice to meet you," he said, "Wish we could've met under better circumstances, but that is life."

- Alastor - The Storm - With Jari in the flowring Hyssop. -

Alastor listened intently to Jari's confessions about him, and what he would do, he glanced at Kouroo at where the boy was, all with a continuous frown on his face and a serious demeanor around him. 

"Right..." Alastor spoke as he crossed his arms, stood up and throught a bit. Slowly pulling out a knife from one of his backup knive sheaths, everyone had some of those. Alastor walked over to Jari with the knife on his hand...and stabbed it on the table...

"I believe you're telling the truth...don't prove me wrong...or I swear your death wil be so painful your family's generations to come will feel it in their spirit..." Alastor left that threat as he left the knife on the table. "Take the knife, and do as you say, walk away from all of this, take your friend if you must. Never show your face to any kingdom again...because if you do...I will know." Alastor explained to him in a serious tone.

"Am I clear?" Alastor asked him. "Now leave, go where you please. I give you my permission." Alastor spoke. Before sitting down again.

- Foxchild Jari, within the Flowering Hyssop with Alastor -

Jari yelped at the sudden movement and the sound of the knife striking the table, and a flicker of shapeshifting escaped him as he momentarily lost his cool.  His eyes snapped to Alastor's as the man spoke on in his dark and sinister tone, and something told him that while he meant every single word Alastor was darker still.  Perhaps it was his animalistic instincts or the looming sense of fear, but it felt quite real, and Jari withdrew his gaze as he, upon permission, slipped away with Alastor's dagger in tow.

"Kouroo, we're leaving," the elder foxchild commanded, voice crackling.

"Yes, brother," Kouroo responded, jumping out of his seat immediately and making it to the door with all of his drunken haste.

They did not talk for several minutes as they made their way back to the Great Burrow, a safe house and living quarters for foxchildren.  Jari seemed lost in thought as he held the dagger with a frozen grip and Kouroo looked over to him every now and again.  Kouroo broke the silence.

"You can't come back, you know.  That man'll kill you."

"I know he will," Jari huffed in response, letting his hand with the dagger fall to his side.

Kouroo eyed him worriedly as they continued their stumbling pace.

"Is it true that a lot of our kind do Raiden's bidding?"

"I don't know what is true there, but it might be so," Jari simply replied.

More quiet followed before the young one started crying and said, "I'm afraid."

Jari looked at him in confusion and derision.

"Afraid?  What do you have to fear?  I'm the one that got an earful from that man, and a death threat from him for that matter!  You only received a lesser threat from me."

"I mean I'm afraid . . . for our family, for normality, for everything," Kouroo sobbed.  "Nothing will be the same now that I know what's going on, nothing!"

"Sleep on it, change your pants, and you'll get better," Jari grumbled, quickly coming to a halt.  "Kouroo, you go on to the Burrow without me.  This'll be my last visit for a while."

Kouroo turned in surprise and shook his head.

"I don't want to see you go."

"And I don't want to go, but I've no choice.  Kouroo, be strong for me just this once, all right?  No tears, no fuss.  Tell the others goodbye for me as I live for myself for a while."

Kouroo wiped his face and nodded, finding himself unable to stop crying.  When he managed to pry his eyes open, Jari was very much gone.

The monsters were gone, that was something at least. There was also the nuisance of a girl throwing a tantrum.

"For someone so young, she has quite the energy. But I am sure you don't really care about it. Isn't that right, Lord Yevgeni?"

The High Elf kept looking at the younger fey, her eyes showing no sign of emotions. She was one of the younger ones, maybe that was the reason for such attitude. Rabiyu was going to say a few words to the young fey, but was interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Oh."

It seems that she forgot about the other member she had with her, she slowly took out a lamp from inside her cloak.

"I apologize, Master Contralto. Please, come outside. I am sure that it would be preferable to travel outside the lamp rather than being inside all the time."

The Elf gave a small smile while looking at the lamp.

"I am sure you can help, but as you can see, the battle is over. At least for now. I apologize again for not letting you come out sooner."

- Rufus Contralto, currently in the mountains near Mystras -

Rufus sighed in relief upon hearing that the battle was over, but most especially so because the elfin girl was still alive and well.  He lost many masters to greed, sickness, or maybe even fate shortly after they found him, and he did not wish that on Lady Rabiyu.

"Think naught of it, milady!  I had much to ponder over, but it would be indeed blessed to be free of this flowing-liquid-earth coffin anew.  Alley-OOP!"

Rufus popped out of his lamp with a wide, happy smile, stretching his atrophied muscles in the brilliance of the day.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Rufus shouted jubilantly, looking down on the crowd of new faces that he probably scared half to death.  After all, he was standing in midair, came seemingly out of nowhere, and probably three times the height of a normal person, but Rufus paid no nevermind and asked Rabiyu, "May I make the acquaintance of thy mess of . . . very strange compatriots?"

-Helios, in the dungeons, with the siblings and Henry-

Helios paused and took a step back as two more humans showed up. They were part of this too? He couldn't have imagined for Alderon to have made so many enemies outside of his court. After one year trapped in here he would think Alderon would keep every bad thing under wraps and lips sealed when it came to everything else, including experimentation. However it allowed Helios to let out a smirk at the thought that out there, heaven knows how many, Alderon's own people recognize the true him, even if the rest were blind sheep following him like a shepard. "It's...nice to meet you two. I'm Helios." Helios said, his voice still soft from having screaming and crying the night before. "Can you two lockpick these chains for me? I cannot transform with them restricting my movements." Helios asked softly as he lifted his hands. His wrists and ankles alone were heavily scarred from constantly being chained up and down for experiments, from him trying to pull away and the metal digging into his skin mercilessly, only adding more pain than before.

-Morana, outside the abandoned house-

Morana gently walked around the abandoned house, hearing noise inside but too careful to simply walk in ever so blindly. She walked over to the nearest window, blinking as she could see a woman inside, though she knew that there had to be more than what she was seeing. If this person was just hanging around, they could just leave. However if it presented any threat...it could also mean lunch.

- Henry - The Dreadnaught - Operation grounded fey -

"Afraid I am" Henry replied to Helios's questions. "Relax, I understand the doubt, but no, this is no joke." Henry spoke with a smile under the helmet as he walked out with Helios following him, he was going to unlock the siblings off, but it seems they've handled that already. 

Ending up facing them out of nowhere as they left their cell. "Hi." Henry retorted jokingly. Before shruggin, "That girl was persistently annoying..." Henry spoke with a frown, though pretty cute. 

Helios soon asked about his chains, if they could be lockpicked or not, was beyond Henry, but he could feel...a bit of magic in those chains? hm, though they were chains. "Let me see". Henry spoke grabbing one of the chains and inspecting in his hand. "Son of a bitch..." Henry muttered under his breath as he has a surge of strenght from the earth and dark magic, as he broke the chain, closing his hand into a fist while doing so, breaking one of the chains on Helios, probably freeing him a bit.  "Alderon is already making advances in magical equipment isn't he?...the firetrucker." Henry spoke a bit angry.

The fact that he broke a metal chain with one hand was probably already clue enough he wasn't exactly normal anymore, to either Helios or the twins. "Shouldn't be too hard to lockpick...and did you say something about a griffon back there?" Henry spoke. Before remembering something, "Oh yeah!. Aura, Aurion. Your equipment is nearby, just getting off the cellblock, in the officer's room, I left the bag with your things there." He explained.

- Alastor - The Storm - Flowering hyssop -

"Bartender...another drink if you may." Alastor asked as Jari and Kouroo left, this went surprisingly well, no one had to die or get hurt, thankfully, he hated hurting kids and those weak. Though Jari was asking for it, with the angry stares the boy was giving Alastor.

"Well, that job is done...i'l get back to Raiden later, I got some free time now I guess." Alastor spoke as he kept sitting on the chair, waiting for his drink.

Edited by Scrapmaster

-Helios, in the dungeons, with the siblings and Henry-

Helios watched as Henry was able to easily break the chain itself, the source of energy that connected the two cuffs suddenly disappearing like a wisp in the wind. "You're not human." Helios murmured, stating the obvious. Though he should have figured that out long ago. The invisible aura that surrounded the man, impulsive and radiant with energy, was clue enough. It felt familiar yet ever so strange to him. Something was more than what it seemed, but he wasn't going to get into a discussion over it. Not now at least. "Let us make haste, shall we? Gather what you need and must...we must leave before Alderon catches wind of what we are up to." Helios said in a serious matter. He was free. FREE. He wasn't going to be thrown back into some cell without a fight. The chain broken, he could feel his magic beginning to resonate across his body, causing his skin to literally crawl on its end. The chains, the magic in them, they restricted him, physically and magically, to keep him from becoming a threat while they did whatever they wished with him. It had been long since he had felt like this. Yes, he was exhausted. His body and spirit battered and bruised after so much. But the adrenaline was pumping, and he would be dammed to let himself fall short. "Griffin. Yes. They are common in the mountains...though they are known to sneak into this world out of curiosity...much like myself." Helios said, pity and pain in his voice. He looked up at Henry, the siblings, and then his surroundings. The halls were wide enough to run. To run out the door and fly off if needed. "I ask of you to not be scared of me. Allow me to provide you transportation out of here." Helios asked. It was the least he could do. He blinked a few times, concentrating. He felt his bones expand, his skin grow feathers and his skin disappear when suddenly smoke escaped his lips and a cloud of smoke surrounded him, much as if there had been an explosion but with no loud sounds. The sound of bones adjusting seemed to echo in the hallway, the smoke slowly disappearing to reveal a majestic Griffin, covered in brilliant fluffy feathers and stretching its legs as bones cracked here and there, talons as sharp as swords. As a Griffin, standing on its fours, he had become just as tall as Henry. Maybe a few inches taller if anything. Big enough to carry them all, he hoped. Though he could not stretch his wings within the hallway, it was still something until they ran outside. Helios opened his eyes, which remained a piercing blue color despite what he turned into. He gently nudged at the siblings with his beak. "Fetch your equipment and climb on me." Helios spoke, his voice coming out of the creature despite his beak not moving as much. He turned to Henry. "You too."

--Alderon Niles and Curvis Sourati -- Sondon --

Patience was a virtue, but the king was having a difficult time practicing it.  The majority of participants had already boarded the Phoenix, and it was well past the hour that he was desirous of departing.  The king drew his head up as Effie returned to the scene, bouncing alongside Visco as the two girls engaged in conversation once more.  He swept over to them, his dark ebony cloak billowing behind him and brushing the soft damp soil.  "Effie," he stated, looking down upon her with seriousness and slight frustration.  "Where is the prisoner?  You aided in escorting him here, did you not?  Is he being difficult?  I thought that I spoke with him about being difficult.  He agreed that he wasn't going to do that anymore."

Meanwhile, the surrounding guards proceeded to escort everyone on to the airship, the captain finally boarding himself.  He was a man of middle age, with gray streaks visible within his head of auburn locks.  He wore a uniform of bright red, nodding and grinning from ear to ear as he greeted the other passengers.  Apparently he was very enthusiastic about being the first man to pilot an airship, and the thought crossed Curvis' mind--and perhaps others in like--if he even knew what he was doing.

Speaking of Curvis, the young man was entirely wishing that he could fade away into the large crowd surrounding them and disappear amidst them.  He couldn't believe the dreadful mistake he had made, one that would be very difficult to live down and make it quite difficult for any sort of friendship with Lady Manel in the future.  To his surprise--and great relief--Manel was very forgiving, and she took well to the error in his words and still seemed interested in conversing.  The knight bowed his head slightly before responding.

"There were many factors that determined my decision to serve his royal Highness," Curvis began.  "The most important being finances.  It is difficult to afford the path of medicine, especially with my family back at home.  They depended on my father to support them, and now that he has moved on, well, I needed to step up and replace him."  In fear that his words would seem too somber, he waved his arms and quickly added.  "But of course I enjoy serving the king.  It is a great pleasure to bring glory to my country, and I have enjoyed all of the people that I've met along the way."

Realizing that they were among the few left outside the ship, Curvis extended a gloved hand toward the Phoenix's ramp.  "Shall we take this fine conversation on board, milady?  I am certain that we will be departing soon."

During Helios' escape in the dungeons . . . .

As the twins and Henry prepared to board their new fey friend, a shadow turned the corner and stretched the length of the hall.

"My my, what have we here now?  Are we heading to the Overworld by griffin now?"

A woman of average stature faced them from the opposite end of the hall.  Her wispy raven hair cascaded down her back, her violet eyes fixated on Henry.  Slowly the woman approached, her combat boots clicking along the ground as she shortened the distance between the two of them.  Fine gauntlets and a breastplate adorned her, though the remains of her garments were lightweight and easy to move in.  Overall she wore considerably little armor, which was certainly a little odd if she were to be expecting to fight anyone.

"You must be Henry," she said, a slight smile playing on her lips.  "I have heard very much about you.  How you were the only one to survive the infusion of fey blood and inherit their powers.  What a gift, and what a very fine title you must wear about yourself.  Tell me: does it make you proud?  Does it make you feel more entitled?  Does it . . . give you the right to take what belongs to His Highness?"  Slowly the woman withdrew her sword, flexing it lazily in front of her.  "My name is Everyth, and believe it when I say it is a shame that we had to meet under such circumstances.  On any other day we would probably have been friends.  I feel we have much in common, you and I."

--Yevgeni and Elia -- en route to Jynn's mountain home in Mystras--

There was much that Yevgeni wished to disclose to Rabiyu, but their time was cut short by the retreat of the two surviving ogres after their leader fell to Jynn.  Yev eyed the prince coolly, while responding to his elven equal.  "I never said that their heart was not in the right place.  I questioned their . . . adequacy, but I suppose I have no choice but to entrust the safety of the realm with the Prince."  His voice could not have been colder, nor his look of disdain for Jynn, but he chose to end the conversation here . . . or at least wanted to until Alicia showed up.

This woman certainly had a tongue about her, that much Yev could tell, and it took all of his willpower to remain standing, emotionless, as she insulted him to his face.  A slight chuckle escaped him, taking a step closer to Alicia.  "Then I would love for you to prove me wrong, my dear.  I have seen many armies and battles, and please trust me when I say this was not among the most well-orchestrated that I've witnessed.  We were lucky that we were faced by some foolish ogres.  Imagine if they were fiends."

The blond straightened, his golden locks shifting over his shoulder as he moved.  "To answer your question, my name is Yevgeni Malachite.  I have retired from Queen Shiva's court, having once served under her father, the late King Alexander and, briefly, Shiva.  I do not know who you are, either, though I would assume you are of newer generation of fairy, if I were to guess."

Truthfully, it mattered not to him who she was, or her race.  He was partially insulted that she'd been so brash and disrespectful, but it was certainly not the first time.

Only moments after Aqua had attacked the ogre it had fled, leaving Elia to cheer in the mud not too far away.  "You did it!  You scared him off but good!" the raven-haired fey said, pumping a fist in the air.  Finally she picked herself up from her position, a look of dismay upon her face as she stole a glance at her backside.  "Hmm, this really isn't playing out in my favor, is it?  I hope Jynn has showers where he's taking us.  That would definitely come in handy, don't you think?"

Aqua's friend braced her shoulders firmly, a wide smile on her face.  "I knew you could fight if you had to, and I'm really proud of you."

--Queen Shiva -- Secret home in Ambrosia Forest--

The ice queen's heart raced as Maxis did his disappearing acts, though she tried to keep all means of composure before him.  Her eyes met his masked face, nodding slightly upon his words.  "I must say that it is good to see you again, Maxis, though it saddens me that I must see you under such circumstances.  It has been two-thousand years since we have last spoken, though neither of us seem to have aged in the slightest.

"You would be correct: I did not summon you merely for a chat, but rather Kilkis Seres is in dire need of your services once more.  Something unexpected has happened, and I fear the worst for our nation.  Some unknown force has infiltrated Isopolis, and I fear what they are planning to do.  The barrier may be in danger which separates our world from that of the world below, and I believe we may need to bring your sword to battle once more."

Shiva then bit her lip, her gaze shifting nervously from Maxis to random places in the blackened room.  "And I think this battle may be among our most difficult, especially if I am correct in what we are up against."

Finally the queen moved, gliding along the basement and opening the door.  It creaked, and immediately a pool of light hit the basement floor.  She nodded in the direction of the outside, as though addressing Maxis to emerge first.

- An Infiltrator, deep within a cavern beneath the Isle of Isopolis, Part 2 -

The masked man slipped through even more difficult terrain and security, the cave having natural barriers and a few unnatural ones, massive tooths of earth jutting from an angle rather than vertical blocking some paths.  Earth magic, he thought, but it was no matter.  He had seen this kind of stockade time and again, and he always found a way around it or through it.  The one thing he worried about, however, was the possibility of men behind the stockade.  Chameleonising would not work, and utility magic would attract the wrong kind of attention.  The only thing left in his arsenal meant foregoing his tools, but he had little choice.

Carefully slipping off a satchel on his hip, the man left his equipment tucked away underneath an easily recognisable spire.  He searched the crevices and listened intently for a solid minute.  Only the sounds of dripping could be heard on the other side, regardless of how much he strained his ears, and the man crackled his knuckles in preparation.  With sharp, angled movements, electricity popped off of him in short, quick bursts, connecting itself to puddles and the tips of stalagmites around him, and in a few seconds he was gone with a small electric shriek.

He reappeared on the other side, his cape mostly ripped off and the upper extremities of his mask shorn off.  The spell only affected him and everything in a short radius around him, and metal was a no-go.  Thankfully, however, he had infinity to work out the bugs.

The masked man glanced about curiously, seeing quite a different spectacle in front of him than the previous tunnel network.  Fragile caps of bioluminescent mushrooms, probably imported, lit the grounds of a wide cavern, and a path strayed ahead with a brilliant light revealing a turn.  The infiltrator smiled and stepped onward, his feet hovering over the ground in case there were any pressure plates.  It was almost time to release the Aegis, and he hoped that his affiliate below was prepared to take this window of opportunity.

- Foxchild Jari, rushing through the city of Mystras -

Jari, even though he drank a good two cups of wine, kept enough of his wits about him as he slipped through the streets of Mystras, taking frequent second looks behind him and making sure he changed faces every now and again.  After his encounter with Alastor, he kept a weather eye on the possibility of trouble, and his other eye on the dagger.  He ogled the weapon suspiciously, worrying about it, but it was too early to toss it away for now.  What if he needed it?  What if ruffians attacked him?  He was in a rougher part of the neighborhood, seeking out some sort of help, and luckily he made it to said help without much hassle.

Rapping hard on the entranceway of an indoor shop for several minutes declared the business unofficially open, and a bleary-eyed shopkeeper peered with suspicion through a newly formed crack in the doorway.

"What do you want?" the elderly man said most grouchily, rubbing his heavily bearded chin.

"It's me, Saburo.  Jari," Jari replied, voice hushed into a whisper.  His body shifted back to his appearance at the bar--rounded face, tufted fox ears, dark brown hair, a sharp nose, and green eyes.  "I need to use your services, and it must be done now."

The shopkeeper looked at him for a few seconds, still suspicious, but after undoing a series of locks opened the door to let Jari in.

The only light within the shop was a small, half-spent candle, but to the two that was more than enough lighting.  Jari's animal-esque eyes caught the low light of the room and its many trinkets, but his main focus was on Saburo.  Saburo was a satyr, as was evident of his goat horns and beard, his swishing horse tail, and many human features, but Jari knew no one that could match his love and fascination for enchantments.  He was in a class of his own to the foxchild, and that made him perfect.

"Take a look at this and taste of its magic.  I need to make sure of something before I sell it or take it," Jari spoke up anew, taking out the dagger and setting it on a nearby table.  "A man gave it to me upon leaving me with my life, but I think it has tracer magic.  Said that if I came around here or said something I should not say that he'll find me."

"You're probably drunk," Saburo scoffed.

"Just look at it!"

Another scoff sounded out from the satyr, but since Jari was insistent he checked it out anyways.  Search magic trickled from his hands and danced along the weapon, turning it a pale green for ten seconds or so.  Saburo shook his head.

"You're entirely wrong.  There's not even a hint of tracer magic, but there is a very faint, very latent bit of magic on this dagger.  Let me check the type a moment."  Another spell danced off of the dagger in a low light of yellow luminescence, and Saburo looked at Jari with great surprise once the spell had waned.  "Where did you get this blade from again?" asked the satyr.

"Man, I told you, a dude gave it to me after leaving me alive, telling me to leave town or else," Jari answered begrudgingly.

"What in heaven's name did you do to tick off a stormwielder?" Saburo exclaimed, shaking Jari by the shoulders.  "This has traces of air and lightning magic on it, with higher emphasis on lightning!  You're quite the idiot, aren't you?"

"I didn't tick him off, but I ticked off his employer.  That's enough of an answer, though.  I'd hate to hear that you got your enchantment spells wrong and he hunts me down anyway."

Saburo tossed Jari backwards a little, and the foxchild quickly recovered his balance.

"Now, if you're all set, I'd like my payment and for you to leave.  My wife is upstairs and is probably wondering about what the noisy shenanigans are down here."

Jari nodded and asked, "How much?"

"Two coins for an assessment, but since you're a prized customer three is good enough."

"Sounds good.  I expected more," Jari replied, entirely missing the fact that he was being ripped off.  He withdrew three coins from his purse and exchanged them for the dagger.  "It'll be a fifty-fifty chance of my seeing you again, I guess.  Say 'hi' to Julia for me."

"Next time come in during open hours.  Then you can say hi to my wife in person," Saburo returned, ushering Jari to the door, and as soon as Jari had left the satyr groaned in frustration and leaned against the door's wooden face.  "Last time I accept patrons this late at night.  No clue what's wrong with him, but I certainly know that he's off his rocker and in too hot a set of dealings.  Ah well.  His problem, not mine.  Now back to bed."

- Henry - The Dreadnaught - Operation Grounded Fey - 

"Its a long story Helios, a very, long story." Henry explained to him, trying to avoid the question for the time being, but it proved to be for naught, for they were surprised by a woman...who looked like a knight, but was neither dressed the part nor she even looked like what a knight would have been in the first place. "Who?" He muttered in frustration as the woman not only explained his story to the siblings and Helios. 

"Story of my life..." Henry spoke sarcasticaly for a second before closing his eyes, thinking for a second and sighing, putting his arm in front of Helios and the Siblings, making him stand between her and them. "Its true, I was the only real survivor of the ten men sent to be experimented upon like animals." Henry spoke, with a hint of both regret and anger in his tone. "And no...It is no gift, its a goddamn curse!" Henry spoke. "I don't care about my title, and Alderon has no right to keep this Fey locked up to be experimented upon like a lab rat...Nor does he have the right to invade another world and slaughter innocent feys in the name of his 'kingdom'." Henry lashed out with his own arguments at Everyth. 

He looked back at Helios and the Siblings, with a stare that pretty much flat out told them 'Go'. Turning back to her, unsheating his own sword. "I have a feeling that you're saying that...because you're not exactly normal either..." Henry tried a to deduce this woman, she didn't war armor, nor did she have any equipment to fighting aside from this sword. This was bad...

Looking back at Helios and the Siblings one last time. "Go, i'l handle this, get out, fly out. I'l meet you in Avarice if I survive...but just go" Henry spoke to the Siblings and Helios. Hoping they would be able to get out.

- Maxis - The Beholder - Secret home in Ambrosia forest - 

"Two thousand years?!" Maxis spoke, surprised and bewildered in a sense. His surprised could be sensed in his tone, even if it was disembodied. Bringing a hand to his nonexistent forehead, "Last thing I remember is being in your castle after the war ended...oh wait, thats always what happens, congratulations, then bop, back to sleep..." Maxis spoke with a shrug. 

"Not complaining though, gives me plenty of time to gather power..." He explained with a clear sarcasm in his tone. He crossed his arms as he heard Shiva explain the situation in more detail. The barrier between both worlds was in danger...well this certainly wasn't good. 

"If the ones from below come up here...I think we'l be able to kill them pretty easily, we got magic!" Maxis joked, then thought about it again "Then again the barrier...oh dammit..." He actualy got a bit serious now.

"You give me a lead...and the order my queen, and I shall do what must be done...like always...you oughta start paying me more...wait, I don't get paid..." Maxis had to add in a small joke in the end.

Maxis stood still as he watched Shiva open the basement doors. "Ah the light! it hurts!" He joked...chuckling a bit before regaining posture and walking out. Light was not a problem with him, just his shadow...which was basicaly nonexistant yeah...

Maxis came face to face with a woman, Eclaire. Who he felt quite the hint of lust in her. "Oh great, a Succubu- I mean, hello." He corrected himself trying to sound flirty at the end. Doing a small bow as greeting. Before his energy flared for a second. 

"What the firetruck are you doing here?!" Maxis spoke, his power spiking for a second, the lights in the house flickering for a second because of it. He stood there, waiting Eclaire's answer.

(Im gonna wait for more people to post in the Mystras mountain group, and Alastor is just drinking right now).

Edited by Scrapmaster

Eclaire -The lost: Forest Home of Shiva

Eclaire took a step back. As the smell of decay hit her, and this was...new.

"I apologize. I had thought maybe this place was abandoned. I shall not trouble you...any longer." He did not make her feel at ease, and she nearly summoned her sword. She took a breath. He had armor. That was all she really could guess. Definitely not a good idea to piss him off. "And...uh, I think you left the dead carcass out back." 

-Morana, outside the not so abandoned house-

Morana listened to the conversation, looking as this grand yet old moving armor walked up and confronted the intruder. As the succubus mentioned something of a corpse, she saw her cue. She stepped away from the window, heading to the doorway and taking a step inside. "Sorry, that would be me." Morana said, allowing herself to be recognized.  "My group and I were traveling when we sensed something here. We wondered if it was food...but both of you are very much alive." Morana said, almost sounding disappointed. Dead fey and humanoid beings in general tasted very yummy. But they wouldn't kill one. They preferred to resort to killing and eating fauna instead. If one looked closely, you could see the eyes and skulls of the Wendigos hiding within the forest, surrounding the clearing and house while watching over one of their youngest members. "I'm surprised that this old armor is still kicking. It looks so old I think it still has cobwebs on it."