Sign in to follow this  
Aquaberry

Addressing rumors: New Kingdom Hearts III trailer to be released in April 2018 revealing a new world

Posted (edited)

NOTE: This post discusses a possible leak - meaning it could contain possible spoilers. Any fully confirmed spoilers have been marked by the spoiler code. Everything else is discussed freely.

On March 5, 2018, an anonymous 4chan user posted an alleged leak, claiming it was legitimate information on Kingdom Hearts III. The post has since been deleted, but it can still be accessed from archives on Fireden.

Amongst other questionable information, the post claims the following:

• A world based on The Jungle Book is included in the Kingdom Hearts III worlds list.
  • A trailer announcing this world will be revealed in "early April".
  • The trailer will show "more of" Monsters, Inc. and Hercules worlds.
  • A female Organization XIII member will be revealed.
  • Pete and Maleficent will be shown, looking for a "black box".
  • The Jungle Book world gameplay will be shown, "introducing more ways to use Athletic Flow in the trees."
  • The story of The Jungle Book world will be "set during the film with minor tweaks", and that "Mowgli has been taken by Louie."
  • Baloo will be a party member.
  • Bagheera will be a character in the world.
As with any alleged leak, there are many reasons to dismiss it:
  • It has not been announced via legitimate channels.
  • Kingdom Hearts III is/may still subject to marketing and content changes.
  • On March 15, 2018, an anonymous 4chan user claimed that this leak was fake, saying that the user who posted it is someone they know who "spread it using the information from the data leak about world assets." (Note that one cannot confirm the legitimacy of this counter-post either.)
  • There are no relevant events or series of events taking place in "early April" that are known to showcase new Kingdom Hearts III trailers. (While PAX East, taking place in April 5-8 this year, had previously revealed a new
    back in 2013, it has never revealed a Kingdom Hearts III trailer before.) The only relevant event in April is the Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross] Fan Event, which takes place in April 15, 2018, i.e. in mid-April.
  • The alleged leak states that The Jungle Book is "one of the only two 'classic' films being represented as worlds in KHIII."*
  • The alleged leak states that "the Keyblade [obtainable in The Jungle Book world] is shaped like the tree Baloo scratches his back on in the film." This sounds very much like The Jungle Book Keyblade design by fan portadorX, viewable on their deviantART gallery.
*This can be easily argued as:

Hercules, along with another "classic film" world (SPOILER: see this post for details), have already been confirmed to be in Kingdom Hearts III's world list. This is, unless, the 4chan user meant to say "one of the only two new 'classic films" - pointing to the new worlds based on classic films, rather than returning worlds like Hercules.

Upon assessing and investigating this claim fully and discussing it with our sources, KH13 have concluded that there may be chance that some information in this leak might be true.

We are neither confirming nor denying some of the information in this leak, for the reasons numbered above. We are merely stating our conclusion following research based on our own resources.

Regardless of our observations, we strongly advise fans to REMAIN SKEPTICAL of this information as well as any future allegations.

KH13.com's spoiler policy on Kingdom Hearts III allows discussion on publicly or exclusively announced content (eg. trailers, interviews, promotional pictures, etc.). However, leaks are to be discussed in the Spoilers subforum only. Avatars, statuses, and thread titles must not contain spoilers. We may be revising our Kingdom Hearts III spoiler policy in the future, according to future content releases by Square Enix and Disney. KH13 will not be reporting on the content of leaks we confirm to be true on our official news channels.

This alleged leak aside, there is some interesting existing trivia surrounding the inclusion of the world of The Jungle Book in the Kingdom Hearts series. In an interview at E3 2013, series director Tetsuya Nomura stated, "The Jungle Book is one world that we always try to insert, but due to various circumstances it always ends up being cut." This was clearly shown when Keytotruth found removed content featuring the world of The Jungle Book in the Japanese edition of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. You can see the video below, where areas from the movie, including King Louie's Throne, are explored. Keytotruth told KH13 that in regards to The Jungle Book world in Birth by Sleep, the only thing left in the game were some map files and references from old file names the developing team didn't clean up. "Most of these maps don't have any actual models, just an empty room," he stated, referring to the video below. "Judging by the world order, world being number 7, it would have taken place between Radiant Garden and Disney Town."

Keytotruth explains his findings and opinion on The Jungle Book world in BBS in the following video:

A full list of map file names found by Keytotruth (and their respective translations) can be seen below:

jb_01 - ルーイの遺跡:広場 [Louie's Ruins: Plaza]

jb_02 - ルーイの遺跡:通路 [Louie's Ruins: Pathway]

jb_03 - 分岐点 [Crossroads]

jb_04 - 地下遺跡:入口 [underground Ruins: Entrance]

jb_05 - 地下遺跡:通路1 [underground Ruins: Passage 1]

jb_06 - 地下遺跡:通路2 [underground Ruins: Passage 2]

jb_07 - 地下遺跡:広場 [underground Ruins: Plaza]

jb_08 - 遺跡隣接ジャングル [Jungle Ruins]

jb_09 - 高台 [Mountainside]

jb_10 - ジャングル [Jungle]

jb_11 - 人間の村近くの川 [Village by the River]

jb_12 - 湿地 [swamp]

Upon looking at the assets of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, KH13 user 13th Vessel also found a collision from a deleted map with the name "jb_621.bcd", where "jb" could be the world code for Jungle Book - as file names for each Disney world are denoted by two initials based on the movie's name, as explained in this article, and as shown by Keytotruth's findings above. He explained that maps with the numbers 60, 61, and 62 are "Dive Mode" maps, and speculates that the game initially included the Dive Map of a world inspired by The Jungle Book. You can read more about his findings here.

In an old 2005 interview with PlayStation, Nomura stated, "One basic rule that I go by is that, among all the Disney worlds that exist, I try not to pick worlds that have a similar feel or look to them, for example, The Jungle Book and Tarzan. Visually, they might look a little similar." It can therefore be assumed that The Jungle Book was initially considered as a world in the first Kingdom Hearts game, but did not make it to the shortlist due to aesthetic similarities shared with Tarzan.

The Jungle Book was also to make an appearance in the cancelled Kingdom Hearts TV show by director Seth Kearsley, as revealed in the title page of an episode draft written by Kevin Munroe. Furthermore, The Jungle Book medals are present in Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross], first introduced back in 2016 to celebrate the release of the live action movie.

Kingdom Hearts III is not unfamiliar with exploring previously deleted content from the history of the series - namely, Toy Story. A Toy Story world is assumed to have been considered since the development of the very first game; in a document pitching the game that was never released to the public, a world icon concept art is shown featuring what looks like Andy's house on top of a Pizza Planet rocket. (You can see the full scan below.) Toy Story was ultimately not included in the game; this could have been due to disputes between Pixar and Disney at the time, which were eventually followed by Disney's purchase of Pixar - and the right to its movies - in 2006.

med_gallery_45323_1269_62665.jpg

Furthermore, Toy Story models were found in the data of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, which released in 2007. Models of Woody and Buzz were found back in 2010 by user Yaz0r; they were amongst the summon models, leading to the assumptions that they were planned for summoning in the game.

Returning to the present, we now know that Toy Story is a confirmed world in Kingdom Hearts III, as announced almost a year ago at the D23 Expo 2017.

Based on these observations, nothing is currently ruling out the presence of a The Jungle Book world in Kingdom Hearts III. We could even refer back to 13th Vessel's find of the deleted file with the code "jb" in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, and the fact that Nomura considers Kingdom Hearts III's story to begin with that game. "The scenes in KH3D and KH0.2 should be thought of as a prologue to KHIII," he stated in a 2016 interview with Famitsu. "The stories for KH3D and KH0.2 connect with KHIII. For me, KHIII begins with KH3D. The subtitle for KH2.8 [Final Chapter Prologue] holds that meaning to it." With this in mind, it is more than possible that the work on The Jungle Book world could be carried on to Kingdom Hearts III.

From our own investigation, we think that some of the information in the recent 4chan leak might have a possibility of truth to it (whether genuinely or by chance) but please retain your skepticism despite this. However, whether the leak is true or not, and whether you choose to believe in it or not, there is certainly scope for The Jungle Book to finally make a (long awaited) appearance in the Kingdom Hearts series.

Edited by Aquaberry

Posted (edited)

Jesus I seriously hope the female member of Organization 13 is really just a rumor and not real. I don't want to imagine a woman turning into an old fart Xehanort.

*shivers*

However, I'll be down with The Jungle Book world in Kingdom Hearts 3. If the world is based off from the animated movie than that'll be excellent!

Edited by Movies798

Thanks for informing us about this, Aquaberry!

I had already seen this alleged leak a while ago, and I saw some videos uploaded by our beloved KH Youtubers discussing said leaks, and well, like you said, we must all remain skeptical! There could or could not be validity to these rumors, and given how the Monsters Inc. leak a few months back turned out to have some merit to them means that we can't totally discard Jungle Book as a world, especially since it's been considered for the KH series before!

Really, I'm thinking that this Wednesday, which is the Anniversary of the KH series, we'll get some form of update, via by a sort of tweet or maybe a screenshot or something, I don't know! But it's also totally possible that early April could hold a new trailer! And then there's always the Union X fan event! There's just so many possibilities right now! xD

Jesus I seriously hope the female member of Organization 13 is really just a rumor and not real. I don't want to imagine a woman turning into an old fart Xehanort.

*shivers*

Yeah, about that…

post-58102-0-13388300-1522030595_thumb.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Uh…any evidence of that?

Xigbar: "They were going to turn all the members into Xehanort."

Look all I'm saying is that I hope this rumor about a female member in Master Xehanort's Thirteen Seekers of Darkness is not true. We still don't know the full roster in the Thirteen Seekers of Darkness. The only members confirmed are Master Xehanort, Young Xehanort, Xemnas, Ansem Seeker of Darkness, Xigbar, and possibly Marluxica, judging his appearance in the recent KH3 trailer. So far the current members of Master Xehanort's Thirteen Seekers of Darkness are males. So them turning into Xehanorts it's no big deal for me. However, if there's a female member in the Thirteen Seekers of Darkness than that means she will turn into Xehanort. Which means she will turn into a male.

Edited by Movies798

Xigbar: "They were going to turn all the members into Xehanort."

Look all I'm saying is that I hope this rumor about a female member in Master Xehanort's Thirteen Seekers of Darkness is not true. We still don't know the full roster in the Thirteen Seekers of Darkness. The only members confirmed are Master Xehanort, Young Xehanort, Xemnas, Ansem Seeker of Darkness, Xigbar, and possibly Marluxica, judging his appearance in the recent KH3 trailer. So far the current members of Master Xehanort's Thirteen Seekers of Darkness are males. So them turning into Xehanorts it's no big deal for me. However, if there's a female member in the Thirteen Seekers of Darkness than that means she will turn into Xehanort. Which means she will turn into a male.

Im pretty sure Xigbar was being metaphorical when he said “They were going to turn all the members into Xehanort”, as he said directly before that the members were meant to have “the same heart and mind”.

Im pretty sure Xigbar was being metaphorical when he said “They were going to turn all the members into Xehanort”, as he said directly before that the members were meant to have “the same heart and mind”.

That's fine and I understand that. But for me it still sounds like gender bend or gender swapped stuff. Anyway, I hope some of the rumors are not true. Except the supposed Jungle Book world. If KH3 has a Jungle Book world than I'll be glad.

Posted (edited)

That's why I hoping it's not Larxene. Not only I don't want to see Larxene becoming a Xehanort but the whole female member becoming a half Xehanort or full Xehanort is weird to me. Plus, I wouldn't say Marluxia has friends because his relationship with Larxene doesn't feel like friendship. More like comrades/allies with no trust.

Edited by Movies798

You know, with the return of Marluxia, maybe one of his female friends might make a return as well...

Or they don't have an idea which one it is  it could be Larxene or Xion.

Or they don't have an idea which one it is  it could be Larxene or Xion.

I doubt it's xion, but it could be larxene, or nobody

Posted (edited)

You know, with the return of Marluxia, maybe one of his female friends might make a return as well...

It could be possible! After all, this is the culmination of the last sixteen years of the Xehanort Saga, so I'm sure that most, if not all characters that have been in the series before will return in some shape or form! There's always the possibility! :D     

Edited by The Transcendent Key