Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Vaude

Info | Sign ups The Haven (Sign-ups and OOC Chat Thread)

1 hour ago, HeartOfFerria said:

What?

Jump in. Hopping into a game after it's started is starting to be a habit.

59 minutes ago, Vaude said:

You should!!!

I for one would happily welcome you, bud.  Please familiarise yourself through the original post a little, and set up a character sheet, and we can move on from there.

-- -- --

As an aside to everyone, I am entering the busy season for my line of work in construction where I work long hours on weekdays, so I will likely be a little sluggish in terms of responding to the roleplay.  I will try my best with the time I am allotted, but starting tomorrow this is in effect.

In addition, I will try to move the main quest (the one with the dragon) onward by the next weekend (May 17, hopefully).  Please hang in there until then and have fun with your fellows.  That would be a great time to help with Rikunobody's character too.  I can help there as well.

Heh, well, it looks like the "ayes" have it. I'll get to work. I've been reviewing the first post and making plans. There is a duo I've been considering for a little bit and I want to see if I can make them work in this rp. If they don't work out, I've got a couple of back up ideas.

Edited by rikunobodyxiii

48 minutes ago, rikunobodyxiii said:

Jump in. Hopping into a game after it's started is starting to be a habit.

Heh, well, it looks like the "ayes" have it. I'll get to work. I've been reviewing the first post and making plans. There is a duo I've been considering for a little bit and I want to see if I can make them work in this rp. If they don't work out, I've got a couple of back up ideas.

A duo!  I would be very much interested in this, especially if they act as one unit/character, like what I have done with the Jun twins minutely.  I think they would be fine, so feel free to get started on them or whatever character you wish to implement.

1 hour ago, Scrapmaster said:

More opportunity for Hektor to woo new ladies is always welcome! :D

/s

Heh, while I can’t promise that, it does look like Hektor will get a cane buddy.

Character Sheet:

Name: Jerod "Jer" Montrachet

Age (optional): forgotten 

Race (optional):  Was human. Not sure anymore

Appearance: 

General;

CuOgsSfWAAAx6ME.jpg

Scars; 

d5342e40f458c2ed9f03f084b855da7d.png

Sunglasses;

611qR61ULtL._SR500,500_.jpg

Personality: Jerod’s years of service has taught him humility. He regrets his crimes and truly wishes to make amends. Most know him as a kind, easy going man. He enjoys the company of others, and will sometimes simply sit alone in a busy place to soak up the bustle around him. He is hopeful and likes to share it where he can. While it takes a lot to ruffle his feathers, some of his old malice and anger surfaces when pushed too far. He can be humorous, though a few hidden barns in his comments can be detected, if one is bright enough. Though generally level headed, Jerod has a blind spot when it comes to Lexa. His devotion to her is unquestioning, and he wouldn’t abandon her, even if he could leave his penance behind. 

Biography: Jerod Montrachet and Alexandra Yoko were both born in privilege and power as heirs to prestigious families. They were brought together at a young age in the first steps of arranging a marriage. Despite some false starts, the two became friends and more as they grew up together. Spoiled by their parents, the duo wanted for nothing, but this bred boredom. The two wanted more. They began experimented with many vices, but soon were entranced by the arcane and occult. After years of collecting and using magical artifacts, Jerod and Alexandra found one that promised them the ultimate power: the Light of Creation. Stopping at nothing to posses this power, the duo went on a villainous quest across the world to collect what they needed. They even had a band of do-gooders try to stop them, which added to the fun. It was all a game until they reached their goal. In their attempt to seize the Light of Creation, they through their world into chaos, bringing destruction upon the people. While they managed to control the divine Light briefly, Jerod was badly burned and blinded by it, leaving Alexandra to be consumed by it. From the heroes’ point of view, the duo vanished into the Light of Creation, never to be seen again.

The truth was they had been taken by an ancient caretaker of the Light who sought Justice for their crimes. Tasked with spending an eon in the defense of others, the still rebellious Lexa was placed in sleep inside the more repentant Jerod. While Lexa dreams, Jerod is in his right mind, but when she awakes, he is a husk of himself. He knows little to nothing of what happens in this state, as Alexa in her slumber only gets dim glimpses of what is happening to Jerod in her dreams. Though she can remain outside Jerod for some time, she can’t leave him for too long without fading away to oblivion.* They are properly aware of each other for only an instant when Alexandra is awakened, as part of their punishment. 

For nearly longer than he can remember, Jerod has walked the world, helping others in small and big ways. He follows “the Call”, an extension of his senses that always led him where he was needed most. He has tried to let Lexa out as often as he can, but she has grown even more erratic and angry, from what he can glean from others. Though he has grown past the selfish child he was before, he fears she has not been given the chance.

Still following the Call, the duo find themselves entering Safe Haven.

<Powers Concept:> The central idea behind Jer's attributes and abilities is a form of spiritual connection to the world around him. Though physically blind, he can sense the ebb and flow of energy around him. This allows him uncanny reflexes, and a knack for hitting enemies in weak spots.

Attributes: Blind (permanent "status effect"), ESP, status debuff immunity

Abilities: Piercing Weapon, Shattering Weapon, Regeneration, dexterity/maneuverability up

Weapon: 

axios_sword_cane_detail.jpg

220?cb=20170210002129

Signature Move: Call on the Lady Of Light; Within Jerod sleeps Alexandra. When called she comes out as a spark of light before regaining human form. When Alexandra is not within him, Jerod is a mute automaton with a more monstrous appearance. There is still skill and purpose to him, but it is not fully him. The duo fight together in near perfect harmony, though Husk Jerod will act to prevent Lexa from harming innocents.

Husk Jerod;

ffxv__episode_ignis__sacrifice_by_darkli

Edited by rikunobodyxiii
the new way spoilers work doth give me a pain

Character Sheet:

Name: Alexandra "Lexa" Yoko

Age (optional): forgotten 

Race (optional): Once human

Appearance:  

13430_MK11_Frost_015d3801924bfa3257e6c92

Personality: While always forceful and stubborn, isolation and near constant dreaming has made Lexa a chaotic power storm. The only time she appears happy to be out is when there’s a fight. To her perception, no one sticks around, so forming connections is pointless. She is generally sarcastic and dismissive of others. She plots on how to escape this penance, but something holds her back. Her relationship with Jerod is...odd. She will often curse at Husk Jerod and actively avoids looking at him most of the time. Yet, in cases where he has been injured, she will grow frantic in trying to heal him, then beeline to whoever seems to have caused the harm for bloody vengeance. The few times she has been asked, she dismisses this as merely insuring her ride doesn’t leave her to fade away.*

What else has survived her long slumber remains to be seen...

Biography: (See Jerod’s)

<Powers Concept>: Within Alexandra is a spark of the Light of Creation. Though not even a fraction of the power that Light contains, it still provides her with formidable powers of light, including the ability to create solid objects from light. They require focus and concentration to manifest, and are not invincible. Most of the time, she uses them for flight, creating weapons (simple and complex), and creating shields. 

Attributes: Flight and double speed

Abilities: Hard Light Constructs, Light Magic, shield, and healing.

Weapon: Armor gauntlets and boots reinforced for extra damage when using unarmed strikes. 

Signature Move: WIP

this is a lie. One told by Lexa herself. The reality is that she could leave at anytime and go her own way to revel in her power, but that would leave Jer as a husk, to crumble and suffer alone. Though she would never admit it, Lexa would rather serve than leave Jer to that fate.

I accept both characters.  This is a neat concept, having a symbiotic fusion of these two characters, and I like the idea of hard light, which seems similar to Shield but likely has different properties.  I look forward to seeing it implemented in the roleplay!

I will update the first post's roster shortly when I have time.

Good question!  I might have given a quick layout previously where there is a long curving hallway bending like an "n" with two main hallway exits leading to the cafeteria and the gateway, with numerous smaller hallways leading to other rooms.  The arena is near each of the two ends, making it an easy location to visit, and almost all of the living quarters are tied to the main hallway.  Until I make up a map, however, feel free to make stuff up as you deem fit or as necessary.

Edited by Vaude

1 hour ago, Vaude said:

Good question!  I might have given a quick layout previously where there is a long curving hallway bending like an "n" with two main hallway exits leading to the cafeteria and the gateway, with numerous smaller hallways leading to other rooms.  The arena is near each of the two ends, making it an easy location to visit, and almost all of the living quarters are tied to the main hallway.  Until I make up a map, however, feel free to make stuff up as you deem fit or as necessary.

Ah, gotcha.  I think my imagination of 8+ floors with an escalator was a bit excessive, then. :P  Sorry about that.  I can either edit my post, or we can just retcon it if that works for you as well.  Thanks for the description!  Where do you envision the shop/shopping district to be, and is there a particular layout that Scrap and I should be following for it?

An escavator, eh?  =P  Well, I guess there is always room for an escalator in the shop or the hallway.  Let it be so.  By the way, weapons of mass destruction, general armour, and weaponised items are on the 1st floor; clothes will be on the 2nd floor; and other objects like day-to-day living supplies are on the 3rd floor.

The shop is for whatever reason between the cafeteria and the gate, if I recall correctly, and if not it is assuredly one room over from the gate for ease of movement and equipment. 

In addition, if one wants to switch equipment, there is an armoury attached to the shop room and gate room as well.  Winona did this with her Greek javelin, swapping it with a Roman gladius (sword), so feel free to switch things out if you so desire.

Edited by Vaude

Then we learn that the Haven is like The Matrix. Everything is just a single white room that can be filled with anything we can use, for a price.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, you can't do that.  That is too much fun for regulations!  Oh, to heck with it, build away!

*hastily attempts to draw a map in the meantime to nullify the additions*.

@rikunobodyxiii, I hope you have not felt like you were swept under the rug at all during my busy period.  My memory has been shoddy and my time hampered as of late.  Is there a place where you would like to insert your lovely characters who greatly remind me of Berkut and Rinea for whatever reason (kudos are yours if you are familiar with the names), or would you like some assistance in getting them incorporated?  You are welcome to have them be preexisting members of the Haven, or have them be newly acquired.  Pickle Man might have had a bad accident and landed in an already overloaded shellfish tank (which is unfortunate because he is allergic to shellfish), resulting in these two being brought here.  The choice is yours, and please let me know if I can help.

A map is still in the works.  I need to figure out a program which allows me to draw a grid or just manufacture an Excel sheet which can allow me to draw a rough layout and convert it into a picture.

I am still planning to move on with the dragon quest by Friday or Saturday of next week.  If you would desire an earlier or later venture, feel free to leave commentary.

3 hours ago, Vaude said:

A map is still in the works.  I need to figure out a program which allows me to draw a grid or just manufacture an Excel sheet which can allow me to draw a rough layout and convert it into a picture.

I am still planning to move on with the dragon quest by Friday or Saturday of next week.  If you would desire an earlier or later venture, feel free to leave commentary.

This might be a rather silly suggestion, and not the most professional, but what about drawing on graph paper and inserting the image here via scan or photo?  It might be rudimentary, but it would be a very practical option.

As for departure: I am good for it whenever you are ready. :) 

3 hours ago, Vaude said:

Maybe this can help? I dunno how useful it could be since I haven't tried it.
http://pyromancers.com/dungeon-painter-online/

Heyo, everyone.  Here is a crude mapping of what I am thinking that The Haven is like, with bright blue being the main attractions, dull blue being regularly used but more mundane locations, and orange being present/future additions to keep Scrap from changing my map with his grubby hands (I kid; his hands are marvelously clean).  I may have forgotten a few rooms in my haste, but I am just about ready to collapse and fall asleep, so have this before I pass out.  I hope you enjoy!

Edit:  Thank you very much for the recommendation, Elrandir!  The next time I get the chance I will try out that excellent Dungeon Painter Online application and see what kind of amazing stuff I can achieve.

Edited by Vaude