Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aquaberry

UPDATE: Jump Festa 2019 to feature Kingdom Hearts III photo op and video

Square Enix have announced their lineup for Jump Festa 2019! Among the titles showcased is Kingdom Hearts III, which will be promoted with a photo op and video. There will not be a demo for the game at the event.

A variety of official Square Enix Kingdom Hearts merchandise will also be available to purchase, including the recently released Shadow vanity pouch, monogram cushion cover, world stickers, bookmarks, and more.

For further information, check out the Square Enix Jump Festa 2019 website.

Jump Festa 2019 is taking place on December 22 to 23, 2018, at the Makuhari Messe International Exhibition Hall in Chiba, Japan.

1.png

Updated [December 12th, 2018]: 

The show floor map for Jump Festa 2019 has been revealed! The map can be seen below. Thank you to aibo for the information! 

large.slack-imgs.jpg.fd6ebf2fdd6f7b93f73a9f21d49caae4.jpg

UPDATE (Dec 13, 2018): PlayStation Japan has posted a preview of the Kingdom Hearts III Photo Op area at the PlayStation booth for Jump Festa. You can view it below.'

View full article

9 hours ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

fingers crossed for Up

Up would be great but I would say Brave or Finding Nemo.
My money is for Brave if a new Pixar world is happening

2 hours ago, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

In my browser translation also says "new pixar world is joining", although I still keep my expectations low for now. Although it's quite exciting to think Monday is quite close :)

As Zeldablade7 says, the browser translation may not be accurate so you're probably right to keep expectations low. It's not like they have to include every Pixar movie right off the bat and not every movie is necessarily suitable for the franchise. Of course I'm also hoping for another world, it's just that people are hyping this up a lot without really knowing if it's an accurate translation. 

Japanese isn't always as clear about the wording and while they have gotten better, those translation softwares do not replace translators. I think there were many issues because of inaccurate translations before, so it's best not to jump to conclusions. Best example would be the newest update for KHUx where people don't know whose sister Strelitzia is. It's a bit ambiguous at times, even for proficient speakers. 

I think the translation provided by Matt Hunt seems a bit more likely, considering that this text box seems to be more of a general description of the game rather than an announcement. It just has a feeling of a synopsis, though I can't know for sure either and the browser translation could still be correct for all we know.

What I'm actually a bit surprised about is that there'll be no demo available. It felt like KH3 appeared everywhere and at every bigger (gaming) event in so many different countries. The fact that it won't appear in Japan again is a little strange, especially if we think about the scope of the event, that KH3 will have a presence and that it's the origin country of the franchise. I'm not speculating there has to be a special meaning to it, I just think it's odd.

56 minutes ago, Merilly said:

As Zeldablade7 says, the browser translation may not be accurate so you're probably right to keep expectations low. It's not like they have to include every Pixar movie right off the bat and not every movie is necessarily suitable for the franchise. Of course I'm also hoping for another world, it's just that people are hyping this up a lot without really knowing if it's an accurate translation. 

Japanese isn't always as clear about the wording and while they have gotten better, those translation softwares do not replace translators. I think there were many issues because of inaccurate translations before, so it's best not to jump to conclusions. Best example would be the newest update for KHUx where people don't know whose sister Strelitzia is. It's a bit ambiguous at times, even for proficient speakers. 

I think the translation provided by Matt Hunt seems a bit more likely, considering that this text box seems to be more of a general description of the game rather than an announcement. It just has a feeling of a synopsis, though I can't know for sure either and the browser translation could still be correct for all we know.

What I'm actually a bit surprised about is that there'll be no demo available. It felt like KH3 appeared everywhere and at every bigger (gaming) event in so many different countries. The fact that it won't appear in Japan again is a little strange, especially if we think about the scope of the event, that KH3 will have a presence and that it's the origin country of the franchise. I'm not speculating there has to be a special meaning to it, I just think it's odd.

Oh I know the translation might be worng. The one thing that hypes me up in "believing in the possibility" of it being correct is that I really want Brave to be in the game, but like you said it's kinda anyone's guess right now.

As for the demo, YES! I was pretty suprised too! There have been many gaming events both little and big and KHIII has made an appearance in those... it's really odd they decided not to have one in a big event like this. My only options for that to happen us that either they think a demo so close to release would be uneccessary or maybe they didn't make it to reserve a booth/space for the convention.

Anyhow I still believe in the game having one more world by many reasons so I will wait for that to happen, if it doesn't then it's quite okay, the game presented as of now it's quite impressive already, and if it does then hype standards will be met. If they even go beyond that as something like yet another world reveal or whatever then I will be unpatient for the rest of January :v

1 hour ago, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

Anyhow I still believe in the game having one more world by many reasons so I will wait for that to happen, if it doesn't then it's quite okay, the game presented as of now it's quite impressive already, and if it does then hype standards will be met. If they even go beyond that as something like yet another world reveal or whatever then I will be unpatient for the rest of January :v

I also hope that, of course. xD Maybe not for Brave in particular because even though it would be a fitting movie, its main colors are already represented enough in this game for my personal taste, but I would definitely be down for another world. It doesn't even need to be a new one. The only thing I wouldn't like would be another world with a non-human transformation for Sora. I think Monstropolis is enough in that regard and Toy Box also has a significant transformation, despite retaining human features.

I didn't want to go against your comment on its own and tell you to qba don all hopes, but rather say that it's not confirmed before people get too hyped again just to be disappointed. It's not because you are, but it felt like quite a few people took that text box as a confirmation. Believing in the possibility is absolutely fine and I can see the reasons why people would.

I just saw a lot of people hyping this up more than necessary and even claiming they'd consider the game terrible if that would be it in terms of worlds.

I personally would enjoy it if Radiant Garden was confirmed playable. It would be such a waste to not have around for more than a few cutscenes, considering how important the world was in a lot of other titles, especially 1 and 2, but also BBS.

17 minutes ago, Merilly said:

I also hope that, of course. xD Maybe not for Brave in particular because even though it would be a fitting movie, its main colors are already represented enough in this game for my personal taste, but I would definitely be down for another world. It doesn't even need to be a new one. The only thing I wouldn't like would be another world with a non-human transformation for Sora. I think Monstropolis is enough in that regard and Toy Box also has a significant transformation, despite retaining human features.

I didn't want to go against your comment on its own and tell you to qba don all hopes, but rather say that it's not confirmed before people get too hyped again just to be disappointed. It's not because you are, but it felt like quite a few people took that text box as a confirmation. Believing in the possibility is absolutely fine and I can see the reasons why people would.

I just saw a lot of people hyping this up more than necessary and even claiming they'd consider the game terrible if that would be it in terms of worlds.

I personally would enjoy it if Radiant Garden was confirmed playable. It would be such a waste to not have around for more than a few cutscenes, considering how important the world was in a lot of other titles, especially 1 and 2, but also BBS.

Don't worry, I know it wasn't specific in regards to my previous comment and yeah, I know how people like to spread information as if it was a confirmation, I personally try to make my comments stating my belief but also highlighting it as just a chance rather than a confirmed statement but people often read over those, like with the Starlight DLC Keyblade challenge in KHUX... many people started trying to download it right away when it clearly specified the prize would be available on Jan 30th... so they started panicking over it being an error and stuff... all because they didn't read.

In regard of Radiant Garden, I have been saying and hoping the same... the world would look awesome at the same time that it's quite important. As for the Disney World possiblity I am hoping for an Atlantis world where it's more like an Underground Theme rather than a water themed world as many people says, or like you said, it could be a returning world as well... I would expect Agrabah out of all of those... it's the only one I can see working as a returning world...

Edited by KeybladeMasterBalo

1 minute ago, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

Don't worry, I know it wasn't specific in regards to my previous comment and yeah, I know how people like to spread information as if it was a confirmation, I personally try to make my comments stating my belief but also highlighting it as just a chance rather than a confirmed statement but people often read over those, like with the Starlight DLC Keyblade challenge in KHUX... many people started trying to download it right away when it clearly specified the prize would be available on Jan 30th... so they started panicking over it being an error and stuff... all because they didn't read.

Agreed... I wish everyone did that and wouldn't make their beliefs sound like confirmed facts (i.e. continuously stating there are exactly two Disney worlds left as if that was confirmed).

A few fans are prone to only read what they want to see, regardless of confirmation or not. The problem is when they throw a tantrum because of it. Just like with the Starlight Keyblade. Not only did people not read, no, they had to be mean about it. Even though it makes zero sense to be able to download it beforehand. What would they even do with it now? How would it help them? Instead of panicking, it's wise to read it again and then contact them if something isn't clear. They shouldn't need to make a tweet about it just because people are overzealous.

It looks like from the translation there might be some worlds announced at this event, but that could mean any kind of world, be they Pixar, regular Disney, or original worlds. I know I personally find two Pixar worlds enough. Don't get me wrong I love Pixar and I would probably still be excited if another was announced, but with just being introduced and having less movies than the Disney animated canon, I think they should save some for other installments. Like they already have plenty of cgi movies in the lineup to brag about. xP

16 hours ago, Merilly said:

Agreed... I wish everyone did that and wouldn't make their beliefs sound like confirmed facts (i.e. continuously stating there are exactly two Disney worlds left as if that was confirmed).

A few fans are prone to only read what they want to see, regardless of confirmation or not. The problem is when they throw a tantrum because of it. Just like with the Starlight Keyblade. Not only did people not read, no, they had to be mean about it. Even though it makes zero sense to be able to download it beforehand. What would they even do with it now? How would it help them? Instead of panicking, it's wise to read it again and then contact them if something isn't clear. They shouldn't need to make a tweet about it just because people are overzealous.

Yeah that is super annoying. Like I'm optimistic that there is at least one more Disney world and that Radiant Garden is playable and whatnot, but I don't take that as confirmation. With Disney worlds it's based on what Nomura said in that interview before 100 acre wood was announced and I feel like they would have said that was it if 100 acre wood was indeed the last one (at least I hope they would have said something, they would honestly lesson the disappointed if they just said these things straight off the bat). And with Radiant Garden I hope with them showing a bunch of cutscenes from it they would just say if it's just cutscenes or a full explorable world soon.

Thanks for sharing this information with us, Aquaberry!

I'm so excited for Jump Festa! But I think that the trailer we'll get from there is the trailer that will release on the 18th, since that is the closest to Jump Festa, though there is also that shorter trailer on the 21st. Well, in any case, I'm excited and hopeful that Nomura will have interviews where he'll talk about more of the game's features and what surprises to expect! :D

Edited by The Transcendent Key