Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
MyEcho4

Favorite Kingdom Hearts Opening Cinematic?

Favorite Kingdom Hearts Opening Cinematic?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Kingdom Hearts Opening Cinematic?

• Kingdom Hearts
    • Re: Chain of Memories
    • Kingdom Hearts II
    • 358/2 Days
    • Birth by Sleep
    • Re: Coded
    • Dream Drop Distance
    • 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage

I love all the openings but here's my list of favorite Kingdom Hearts opening so far.

1.) Dream Drop distance

2.) 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage

3.) Kingdom Hearts 2

4.) Birth by Sleep

5.) Re:Coded

6.) Kingdom Hearts 1

7.) 358/2 Days

8.) Re:Chain of Memories

I'm a big fan of II's. It has a clear direction and doesn't come across as a collection of random scenes (like BBS) or static (like I's). Also, best song "Sanctuary" plays during it. (Nothing against "Simple and Clean", I just think "Sanctuary" fits the series better.)

Dream Drop Distance also has a pretty good opening cinematic, but II still edges out for me.

Birth by Sleep is my personal favourite. I love the imagery in that opening and the symbolism. My personal favourite part is when Terra and Ventus are shown running down the hallways, and Terra is running from the darkness while Ventus is running from the light.

It's between DDD and KHII for me. I haven't seen KHIII's full opening yet, but it might make it further on the list if the trailer is anything to go by. Visually DDD is my favorite but KHII's is right up there and with it's song.

I love all the openings in the series, but I think that the one that sticks out the most to me is the one from Dream Drop Distance. Not only was the use of Hikari amazing, but the visuals accompanying the music were excellently edited, and it was a beautiful summary of the series! The end of that opening in particular, with Sora and friends facing down Xehanort, always sent chills down my spine! :D