Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Zenithia

Did you skip over Chain of Memories?

58 members have voted

1. 1. Did you skip over CoM before playing KH2?

• Yes
    • No

Originally I did skip it, but in my play through of the series this year I played 2/3rds of Sora's story on a gba emulator (cause I was playing the others though pcsx2 (easier than finding my memory card for the ps2)) than kinda got board an read the game script. Now I am playing RE:COM even though I have played all the other games (though only a bit of Re:coded *blah*)

i did skip CoM, and i still havnt played it, but i found that skipping CoM didnt make KH2 confusing at all, and i found that not playing CoM made KH2 better. The reason i say this is because, not knowing what happened between KH1 and KH2, made KH2 with its own story, but at the same time you are unravelling the secrets of what happened between KH1 and KH2. Playing KH2 for the first time, i was so keen on finding out the mysteries of what happened, and what made it even better was that Sora didnt even know what happened between KH1 and KH2, which made me feel closer to the character, just knowing that i knew as much as he did.

I got a copy of Chain Of Memories when I got my limited edition KH-themed GBA SP console. But I gave the game to my cousin, seeing as she wanted it (and because I dislike Sora and refuse to kill off my favourite characters). I'm happy with the comic books. :)

If you did skip over it, you were pretty lost plot wise if you hadn't looked into it at all. Got it originally on the GBA and eventually when they brought Re:Chain Of Memories stateside.

When I was very young, I first played KH1. The concept of Disney really caught my eye (Disney was my life, heck everyone's life when they were super young.) and I played it. It was a blast. I never actually got KH1. I got CoM first. I loved CoM to pieces. My father's PS2 broke right before I was about to buy KH1. I heard about KH2 and was very excited. I'm not going to go into a long-a** story so I'ma gonna finish this. CoM brought me into KH better then KH1 did. Most likely because I loved my GBA SP. (which also can lead into another long-a** story.)

@zhill05, Thanks for bringing back those memories. I appreciate it.

I ragequitted at the first boss, the card system is just so annoying.

I read reviews and watched an LP, and then just started playing KH2.

Then I played the firetruck out of Silent Hill Homecoming.

When I was very young, I first played KH1. The concept of Disney really caught my eye (Disney was my life, heck everyone's life when they were super young.) and I played it. It was a blast. I never actually got KH1. I got CoM first. I loved CoM to pieces. My father's PS2 broke right before I was about to buy KH1. I heard about KH2 and was very excited. I'm not going to go into a long-a** story so I'ma gonna finish this. CoM brought me into KH better then KH1 did. Most likely because I loved my GBA SP. (which also can lead into another long-a** story.)

@zhill05, Thanks for bringing back those memories. I appreciate it.

tutti frutti. No prob Pokeneon. It's intersting how video games can bring back good memories like that out of us. Especially with the sub-name in the title "Chain of Memories." Though it was kind of unintentional for me to do, happy to be of service.

Forgot to mention that I got my KH-themed GBA SP just a couple of months ago - so there was no confusion with the storyline of KH2, seeing as I watched the KH2 cutscenes for the first time in 2008. :P

I have Re:CoM just laying there... I'll play it one day.

I played the original CoM, but then the file corrupted so I stopped.

Thing is, I know everything that happened. I'll replay them one day. Hmmm. Someday soon probably since you mentioned it.

i sort of skipped CoM because when i was younger (like 8 or 9) i hated the card system because i was to stupid to understand it so i never beat it but still played kh2 then years later i say reCoM at a store and thought i would give it another chance and lovd it

Sort of when I played kh2 re:com was not out yet and I didn't have a gba/ds lite but you can be shure that I beat re:com as soon as it came out