Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DragonMaster

Mystery Square Enix Site TWEWY iOS...

SQAURE ENIX NEW GAME!!!???  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What do you look foward to?!

• The World Ends With You II
    • A new Square Enix Title

What new stuff? All I know about is new music (just going to buy the new CD), Wi-Fi (?) multiplayer for Tin-Pin, shitty Twitter integration, and a shitty new battle system. Nothing I'd spend another $18 for.

Posted Image

All the stuff you listed. Also I didn't ask if you would buy it or not.

Edited by Shana09

Meh, I wouldn't be willing to spend another $20 for those additions. Twitter integration would be useless for me, I didn't care for the Tin Pin games so I wouldn't bother with multiplayer, and I can listen to the new songs on YouTube. The only thing I am missing out on are less pixely graphics (/don't care) and the new battle system, which probably isn't a big loss.

You guys brought this on yourself. You overhyped this and took way too many things as 'fact'

Square Enix didn't troll you. You trolled yourselves.

Square Enix was building up hype for an HD port of a game with new features. If they had done that with ANY other game, you would have been ecstatic.

And that guy that told us to wait for the end of the timer was obviously referring to the new features, rather than letting the game fall by the wayside because everybody thinks it's just a straight port.

And stop obsessing over TWEWY 2, acting like it's just around the corner, or that there's still hope. Accept reality.

Want TWEWY 2? Buy this game, show Square Enix there's interest for this.

Personally, I'm telling all of my iPhone and iPad having friends about this; TWEWY is a great game, so now more of them can play it.

I'm a bit late on this, but whatever.

I fail to see how "we trolled" ourselves. Square Enix should have known dang well what people would think when that teaser site went up. No one would have expected them to make a teaser site for an iPhone game. It was to be completely expected that people would believe the game they were hyping up to be a sequel. They made us wait seven days to find out, slowly trickling down hints. They built up the hype train for something people really didn't ask for. What did they want? A sequel. What was all the speculation about? A sequel. They let that hype and speculation grow for seven days, uncontained. How can we, fans, be blamed for getting hyped for something, which was seemingly going to be a big deal? They let the hype grow, but it wasn't hype for what they were really intending to announce. It blew up in their faces. This situation wouldn't be happening if Square had just announced the dang game all at once. There would have been no hype, no speculation.

I agree, there is one thing that we, the fans, did wrong that made the situation worse. We put too much hope on that Tweet. We were so desperate for all the announcement to live up to the hype, that we hung on to that one tidbit. Ultimately, this made the situation worse. But with the teaser site and the count down, this was always going to end up in a crap storm.

As for that part about how we would be excited about any other HD port, you're right. In fact, I am sure many people would have been more excited about this HD port except for one simple fact, they put it on iOS. I can almost guarantee that more people would have been happy if it was a WiiU port, because then we could get all the stuff they added to the iPhone version, HD graphics, and keep the battle system in-tact. Heck, they could have ported this to any of the current gen consoles, or PC, and there might have still been a better reaction. Its a known fact that Smart Phone gaming doesn't really have a good reputation among "gamers".

Edited by DragonMaster

WHATTTTT! NO TWEWY 2! Ok now for plan B! I just need about 200 pieces of paper, a pencil, one envelop, and the mailbox. Alright peeps if Square Enix won't make a TWEWY 2 then I will! Yeah Square you better prepare for a big letter coming your way >_<

You are in the same position as me... actualy im drawng characters.... story i have already.... just i need the enviroment and music

xD ... .

I wasn't actually hoping for a sequel because I feel TWEWY just doesn't need it. As the staff said in an interview years ago, the game was originally projected as a stand-alone title.

However... this doesn't mean I'm not disappointed with this iOS thing. I wanted a remake, but not like this.

TWEWY was a game based on the DS features, so logically a remake should have been on 3DS in my opinion.

I saw some videos of this iPad version and... whereas the graphics are actually better, the combat system is not. Since we have one single screen now, your partner is reduced to a simple Pin you can use for a limited amount of time (it has to reload just like every other Pin). Nobody says everything must be identical to the original game in a remake, however I can say this pretty much betrays what the dual-screen combat system in the original TWEWY was. Again, this is exactly why the game should have remained on the DS consoles.

Edited by Pikappa93

I'm a bit late on this, but whatever.

I fail to see how "we trolled" ourselves. Square Enix should have known dang well what people would think when that teaser site went up. No one would have expected them to make a teaser site for an iPhone game. It was to be completely expected that people would believe the game they were hyping up to be a sequel. They made us wait seven days to find out, slowly trickling down hints. They built up the hype train for something people really didn't ask for. What did they want? A sequel. What was all the speculation about? A sequel. They let that hype and speculation grow for seven days, uncontained. How can we, fans, be blamed for getting hyped for something, which was seemingly going to be a big deal? They let the hype grow, but it wasn't hype for what they were really intending to announce. It blew up in their faces. This situation wouldn't be happening if Square had just announced the dang game all at once. There would have been no hype, no speculation.

I agree, there is one thing that we, the fans, did wrong that made the situation worse. We put too much hope on that Tweet. We were so desperate for all the announcement to live up to the hype, that we hung on to that one tidbit. Ultimately, this made the situation worse. But with the teaser site and the count down, this was always going to end up in a crap storm.

As for that part about how we would be excited about any other HD port, you're right. In fact, I am sure many people would have been more excited about this HD port except for one simple fact, they put it on iOS. I can almost guarantee that more people would have been happy if it was a WiiU port, because then we could get all the stuff they added to the iPhone version, HD graphics, and keep the battle system in-tact. Heck, they could have ported this to any of the current gen consoles, or PC, and there might have still been a better reaction. Its a known fact that Smart Phone gaming doesn't really have a good reputation among "gamers".

I'm sorry, but no.

Square Enix just wanted to create hype for their new release. The motif of TWEWY is timers, so they used that It's not their fault people started picking apart something, acting like it confirmed anything. It's hardly Square Enix's fault if people jump to conclusions, act like those conclusions are confirmed, then are disappointed when they are 'lied' to.

Who's to say there won't be a Wii U port? Or whole new game? Why is it a bad thing that a game based around missions being sent to cell phones be ported to... cell phones?

People built up their expectations, and acted like Square Enix confirmed any of that, then acted like they had been trolled by Square Enix, when in reality, they had trolled themselves.

I'm sorry, but no.

Square Enix just wanted to create hype for their new release. The motif of TWEWY is timers, so they used that It's not their fault people started picking apart something, acting like it confirmed anything. It's hardly Square Enix's fault if people jump to conclusions, act like those conclusions are confirmed, then are disappointed when they are 'lied' to.

Who's to say there won't be a Wii U port? Or whole new game? Why is it a bad thing that a game based around missions being sent to cell phones be ported to... cell phones?

People built up their expectations, and acted like Square Enix confirmed any of that, then acted like they had been trolled by Square Enix, when in reality, they had trolled themselves.

You have you point, I understand it, but... I can't agree with you. I think the same as DragonMaster.

I'm sorry, but no.

Yeah, timers are a motif, sure. And yes, it would of course make sense for them to use the timers. I have not seen anyone saying they have been lied to, and if there are, then they too are wrong. What I am saying is, Square Enix played with fire, and it got burned. It would be only natural for fans to assume it to be a sequel announcement, because we were give no information to suggest the true result. Square Enix have never hinted at a TWEWY port to anything, iPhone or no. What have they hinted at? A sequel. Yes, these hints were vague, and next to meaningless, but they were at least something. There was no reason for fans to not believe the teaser was for a TWEWY 2. We should have given up the hope once the iOS version was leaked, yes, but there was no reason up to that leak that we shouldn't have believed the game to be TWEWY 2.

As for this part "Why is it a bad thing that a game based around missions being sent to cell phones be ported to... cell phones?, because it requires a fundamental change to the battle system, one of the hooks of the original game? A system that actually has plot relevance? Then replacing it, and basically making the battle partners extra's, not a major factor in the turnout of each battle as they were before?

You have you point, I understand it, but... I can't agree with you.

This. Edited by DragonMaster

Yeah, timers are a motif, sure. And yes, it would of course make sense for them to use the timers. I have not seen anyone saying they have been lied to, and if there are, then they too are wrong. What I am saying is, Square Enix played with fire, and it got burned. It would be only natural for fans to assume it to be a sequel announcement, because we were give no information to suggest the true result. Square Enix have never hinted at a TWEWY port to anything, iPhone or no. What have they hinted at? A sequel. Yes, these hints were vague, and next to meaningless, but they were at least something. There was no reason for fans to not believe the teaser was for a TWEWY 2. We should have given up the hope once the iOS version was leaked, yes, but there was no reason up to that leak that we shouldn't have believed the game to be TWEWY 2.

As for this part "Why is it a bad thing that a game based around missions being sent to cell phones be ported to... cell phones?, because it requires a fundamental change to the battle system, one of the hooks of the original game? A system that actually has plot relevance? Then replacing it, and basically making the battle partners extra's, not a major factor in the turnout of each battle as they were before?

This.

I've just got to say, there was a hint very early on, that everybody refused to accept; the site mentioned the phones it was being ported to. In fact, there was a lot of stuff that people outright denied in order to confirm to themselves that it was 'confirmed' to be a sequel.

And in my opinion, the new battle system looks a lot better. Changing a element of the game should be considered a good thing, it adds a reason to play the game again.Think about it, the bosses will be completely different. Getting items is different . It'll play very differently. That's good.

You are in the same position as me... actualy im drawng characters.... story i have already.... just i need the enviroment and music

xD ... .

oh my gosh we should just do a 1X1 RP of TWEWY 2 just to express our anger ›_‹

I've just got to say, there was a hint very early on, that everybody refused to accept; the site mentioned the phones it was being ported to. In fact, there was a lot of stuff that people outright denied in order to confirm to themselves that it was 'confirmed' to be a sequel.

And in my opinion, the new battle system looks a lot better. Changing a element of the game should be considered a good thing, it adds a reason to play the game again.Think about it, the bosses will be completely different. Getting items is different . It'll play very differently. That's good.

You mean that Tweet when the site was first launched? I was under the impression that it translated to something along the lines of "You can view the new teaser site on PC or Smart Phone". The game playing very differently is fine, if you didn't like how it played initially. The new battle system certainly doesn't compel me to drop more money on a game that is otherwise the same. ('Course, the game probably wouldn't work on my outdated iPod, even if I did want to buy it.)

firetruck iOS. its so zetta slow.

I wish i had an iPad.

Also, i heard that partners are just a pin, like a temporary summon or something. If this is true, then... wtf square enix. Stupid hectopascals. Can you even control your partner??? And how would that work story wise? For most of the game your partners are fighting in parallel dimensions right?

Now... if they made this for the 3ds... and warping your partner to your dimension was a special pin or something... that would be pretty cool.

Edited by weaster4

Really wish it was a sequel, but that leak pretty much confirmed it wasn't, a lot of people (including me) just didn't want to believe it.

The graphics look amazing and this will hopefully get more fans which will lead to SE hopefully making a sequel. *sigh* Just have to be patient for a little longer.

For most of the game your partners are fighting in a parallel dimension right?

What I'm thinking that they are going to do is have them in different planes that overlap each other. That way they're in the same place, fighting the same enemies, but aren't able to see each other.

I don't have an iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac or whatever sadly, lol.

I guess I'm stuck with the old DS version of the first TWEWY game.

Also, I'm jumping on the "let's hope they announce TWEWY 2 soon" bandwagon.

You mean Tweet, right? That tweet also said PC, which the remake isn't on. TIDBIT FROM HATOK WRONG, IMPOSSIBLE.

I'm talking about before that. People early on noted that the site mentioned iPhones and such, but the immediate responce was 'No way impossible why would they put TWEWY 2 which is confirmed on a stupid phone that is stupid obviously this is TWEWY 2 for the Wii U PS3 Xbox 360 and 3DS and also KH3 and HD remasters of all of the games'

I'm talking about before that. People early on noted that the site mentioned iPhones and such, but the immediate responce was 'No way impossible why would they put TWEWY 2 which is confirmed on a stupid phone that is stupid obviously this is TWEWY 2 for the Wii U PS3 Xbox 360 and 3DS and also KH3 and HD remasters of all of the games'

Damn it so close 3:

This is new to me, and I haven't seen this reported anywhere either. :/

Thank.You.

i looked it up. Partners ARE summons... /sadface

On another note, the only new features i see are the reworked battle system, hd graphics and twitter integration.

Is the any new "content"? Like new bosses, or new pins?

I guess a bunch of bosses have been redone due to the new battle system... So thats pretty new.

There had better be a keyblade pin. Im not kidding.

EDIT:

the golden bat boss is in this vid... I mean, i guess it works...

Edited by weaster4