Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Weiss

Most unique games you've ever played

Pretty much the title. 

What are the most unique games you've played?

For me:

Boktai, Draken: The Ancient gates, Okami and Enchanted Arms

Now, I know some may call it not necessarily unique, but I think the Elder Scrolls/Fallout series are two unique games.

Where most games are either pure RPG or pure shooter, those two series' perfectly blend both into a first person RPG that actually works. I found that to be something really cool and awesome.

Dead Space, the universe of dead space is so interesting! Creepy claustrophobic environments, fantastic storyline, unique weapons, epic action scenes. So much to it!!!...

Alan Wake, it's like watching a movie in my opinion, the flashlights light effect is nicely done .

Persona 3 & 4, Persona has a nice typical RPG but the storyline is very memorable.

And some others Tak, Psychonaunts,

Edited by gamerazor247

Let's see...

Clock Tower: The First Fear, considering it's basically "Horror Movie: The Game" where there's no combat, so instead you have to hide. Plus, it had a randomization element, so it was always nice being caught off-guard.

Rule of Rose, in the storyline department. It had really boring combat, but jeez the mystery of the story kept you in.

The World Ends With You, in the gameplay department. I really don't think I've ever seen another game that requires you to *really* pay attention to both DS screens at once.

Corpse Party, because of how it's presented as an old school somewhere-in-between-16bit-and-32bit adventure game. Plus the story is so interesting.

Meteos, which is probably my favorite puzzle game of all time. The fact that you can only move blocks vertically instead of horizontally forces you to think different, plus the fact that each planet has its own laws of physics is just really cool.

Isn't KH pretty unique enough in it's own right? Like really, FF and Disney... How many actually thought that was a good combo before they played the game :s ?

But other than that i would probably say that the most unique game i have played is Asura's Wrath... That game is almost like playing out a insane anime of some some sort.

Infamous. Action Adventure game and partly shooter blended into one.

And the Mother/Earthbound series. Its very unique compared to every other Nintendo game.

Edited by spiderfreak1011

Drawn to Life, The World Ends With You, Elite Beat Agents/Osu! Tatake! Ouendan!, and just about all of Valve's games are all great examples

Drawn to Life: Getting to draw not only a few environmental objects in the game, but the playable character, too? Excellent and original idea.

The World Ends With You: Excellent use of the two DS screens, as well as taking an original turn for Square Enix RPGs, as well as the genre in general

EBA/OTO: The gameplay style is new, and the storyline presents itself in an excellent and hilarious way

Valve games: Half Life had some original ideas, such as a few weapon designs (Gravity Gun, for example), and TF2 is a cartoony, unrealistic FPS, which is very original. Portal had an interesting concept. Haven't played L4D or Counter-Strike before, planning on L4D at some point, though.