Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

So everyone knows that Nomura loves the numbers 7 and 13, but let's talk about 13 personally.

There is a pretty valid theory that KH3 will be released during 2015 due to the fact that it will be exactly 13 years after the first Kingdom Hearts game.

But what about the story itself in the series?

Let's just follow this for a bit.  

• Let's assume that the origin point for the Xehanort Saga is Birth by Sleep and Nomura doesn't add anymore before that.  So let's consider BbS as Year 0.  
  • About 10 years after, Sora starts his journey.  His journey was pretty long so I'd assume it took a couple months.  
  • During Sora's time at Hallow Bastion, Roxas is created, prompting the start of 358/2 Days and the 7 days in Kingdom Hearts 2, so by then, it has been 11 years.
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance happens after Kingdom Hearts 2, which probably at least took a couple months also.  And it must have been at least weeks before they got the letter at the end of KH2.  Then Dream Drop Distance probably took about a couple months so Sora should be close to turning 16, 12 years after Birth by Sleep at the end of 3D.  
  • But then at the secret ending of 3D reveals that Sora has been "gone for a while" and Kairi is revealed to be a potential Guardian of Light.  I think it would take a bit of time for Lea AND Kairi to learn how to use the Keyblade "correctly" and I think Kingdom Hearts 3 will start and/or end at the 13th year.

Years:

0 - Birth by Sleep

10 - Kingdom Hearts

11 - Kingdom Hearts 2

12 - End or after the end of Dream Drop Distance

13 - Kingdom Hearts 3

So my conclusion would be:
Sora and Kairi would be 16-17 and Riku would be 17-18, most likely the latter for all characters.

I think it would make plenty of sense to end the saga with the 13 years into the making in both the game and the story.  What do you think?

Edited by Prince Sky Heart

So everyone knows that Nomura loves the numbers 7 and 13, but let's talk about 13 personally.

There is a pretty valid theory that KH3 will be released during 2015 due to the fact that it will be exactly 13 years after the first Kingdom Hearts game.

But what about the story itself in the series?

Let's just follow this for a bit.  

• Let's assume that the origin point for the Xehanort Saga is Birth by Sleep and Nomura doesn't add anymore before that.  So let's consider BbS as Year 0.  
  • About 10 years after, Sora starts his journey.  His journey was pretty long so I'd assume it took a couple months.  
  • During Sora's time at Hallow Bastion, Roxas is created, prompting the start of 358/2 Days and the 7 Days in Kingdom Hearts 2, so by then, it has been 11 years.  
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance happens after, but it must have been at least weeks before they got the letter.  Then Dream Drop Distance probably took about a couple months so Sora should be close to turning 16, 12 years after Birth by Sleep at the end of 3D.  
  • But then at the secret ending of 3D reveals that Sora has been "gone for a while" and Kairi is revealed to be a potential Guardian of Light.  I think it would take a bit of time for Lea AND Kairi to learn how to use the Keyblade "correctly" and I think Kingdom Hearts 3 will start and/or end at the 13th year.

Years:

0 - Birth by Sleep

10 - Kingdom Hearts

11 - Kingdom Hearts 2

12 - End or after the end of Dream Drop Distance

13 - Kingdom Hearts 3

So my conclusion would be:

Sora and Kairi would be 16-17 and Riku would be 17-18, most likely the latter for all characters.

I think it would make plenty of sense to end the saga with the 13 years into the making in both the game and the story.  What do you think?

Uh question.

WHY WOULD IT BE 13 YEARS?

I mean think about. It was 11 years by the time KH2 started. I'd say Xemnas is defeated about a month after Sora and his friends go on the journey to defeat the Organization. Then Sora, Riku and Kairi relax on Destiny Islands for at least a month or so. Then they get the letter and do the mark of mastery in 3D. I'd say that journey took maybe a week or 2. Then Sora goes on his "leave" for a while. But XEHANORT IS ON THE MOVE. Why would he wait 2 MORE YEARS TO STRIKE? I doubt he would wait that long considering he already waited 11 years to be revived. It's likely KH3 takes place DIRECTLY AFTER KH3D, like how COM takes place directly AFTER KH1. I doubt Xehanort would wait that long. Im sure it wont be 13 years after BBS start that KH3 takes place. It makes more sense if it takes a couple days after KH3D's ending.

Uh question.

WHY WOULD IT BE 13 YEARS?

I mean think about. It was 11 years by the time KH2 started. I'd say Xemnas is defeated about a month after Sora and his friends go on the journey to defeat the Organization. Then Sora, Riku and Kairi relax on Destiny Islands for at least a month or so. Then they get the letter and do the mark of mastery in 3D. I'd say that journey took maybe a week or 2. Then Sora goes on his "leave" for a while. But XEHANORT IS ON THE MOVE. Why would he wait 2 MORE YEARS TO STRIKE? I doubt he would wait that long considering he already waited 11 years to be revived. It's likely KH3 takes place DIRECTLY AFTER KH3D, like how COM takes place directly AFTER KH1. I doubt Xehanort would wait that long. Im sure it wont be 13 years after BBS start that KH3 takes place. It makes more sense if it takes a couple days after KH3D's ending.

Sora has been gone for a while, so it taking place right after DDD can't be true.  The moment when he was gone Kairi was brought in and I would hardly imagine that Kairi learns how to use a Keyblade in days.  

Yes Xehanort is on the move, but why would he rush the "destined time"?  If his pieces aren't aligned the way he wants it, he can't begin to create the X-Blade.  Also think about this:KH1 took a couple months or so

KH2 took a couple months or so

The ending of KH2 where they are in the Realm of Darkness probably took a while also.

Ansem the Wise says he's been in the Realm of Darkness for a year now in Blank Points after the events in KH2 where he blew himself up.

Dream Drop Distance probably took a couple months also.  So most likely it's been 11 and a half to 12 years already.

And plus, it's the destined time, he could still be looking for the 13th vessel.

Note: You don't need to bold things for me to read it all.  Wtf?

Edited by Prince Sky Heart

Seems plausible. I would think that Sora and Kairi would be 16 and Riku 17.

The ending of KH2 where they are in the Realm of Darkness probably took a while also.

Ansem the Wise says he's been in the Realm of Darkness for a year now in Blank Points after the events in KH2 where he blew himself up.

I agree with you for the most part, but remember that time flows differently in the Realm of Darkness. Aqua's been wandering around there for about 12 years, and IIRC, she hasn't aged a bit. Because of this, I think it's safe to assume that time progresses more slowly in the RoD than in the Realm of Light. So what may be a year in the RoD might not be so much on the other side.

(Then again, I don't remember much from Blank Points. :P)

Sora has been gone for a while, so it taking place right after DDD can't be true.  The moment when he was gone Kairi was brought in and I would hardly imagine that Kairi learns how to use a Keyblade in days.  

Yes Xehanort is on the move, but why would he rush the "destined time"?  If his pieces aren't aligned the way he wants it, he can't begin to create the X-Blade.  Also think about this:KH1 took a couple months or so

KH2 took a couple months or so

Dream Drop Distance probably took a couple months also.  So most likely it's been 11 and a half to 12 years already.

And plus, it's the destined time, he could still be looking for the 13th vessel.

Note: You don't need to bold things for me to read it all.  Wtf?

LEA LEARNED HOW TO USE THE KEYBLADE IN DAYS. The fairies helped sped up the process of him learning, and probably did the same with Kairi.

I doubt the journey in KH1 and KH2 took MONTHS. It probably took a month each.

And im sure for Sora adn Riku they were trapped for a couple hours, if not at least a day.

And remember, TIME IN THE ROD PASSES DIFFERENTLY THEN IN THE ROL. If its a year in the RoD, its less in the RoL. So, it might've seemed like a year to Atw, but really it was less time in the Realm of Light.

I doubt it took a couple months for KH3D. There were even less worlds in this game, then in hte previous ones. Probably a couple weeks, but less then a month.

LEA LEARNED HOW TO USE THE KEYBLADE IN DAYS. The fairies helped sped up the process of him learning, and probably did the same with Kairi.

And im sure for Sora adn Riku they were trapped for a couple hours, if not at least a day.

And remember, TIME IN THE ROD PASSES DIFFERENTLY THEN IN THE ROL. If its a year in the RoD, its less in the RoL. So, it might've seemed like a year to Atw, but really it was less time in the Realm of Light.

I doubt it took a couple months for KH3D. There were even less worlds in this game, then in hte previous ones. Probably a couple weeks, but less then a month.

He knows how to wield it, not properly use it. 

Anyways you never know how Nomura will do things.  He may start or end it on the 13th year.  It would make a lot of sense either way for it to end on the 13th year.  He could pull some time travel bullshit on us again.

He knows how to wield it, not properly use it. 

Anyways you never know how Nomura will do things.  He may start or end it on the 13th year.  It would make a lot of sense either way for it to end on the 13th year.  He could pull some time travel bullshit on us again.

Well, at best its been 11 and a half years at least. It could be 12, but i DOUBT it'll have been 13 years by the time KH3 starts.

It's not a fact that time flows differently in the realm of darkness.  If it does, then time wouldn't flow faster, it would flow slower, to explain how Aqua was unchanged.

It's not a fact that time flows differently in the realm of darkness.  If it does, then time wouldn't flow faster, it would flow slower, to explain how Aqua was unchanged.

Really? I thought it was confirmed that time flows differently in the realm of darkness.

Sora and Kairi are still 15 and Riku is still 16 during the events of Dream Drop Distance. And Kingdom Hearts 3 will take place shortly after Dream Drop Distance so they will still be the same age after Dream Drop Distance.

I'm pretty sure in the journal somewhere in 3D it mentioned it being 12 years. Like Ven, Terra, or Aqua's description.

That being said I think there's a chance of a little time passing in between 3D and KH3, or at least during KH3, that could make it 13 years since BBS. Xehanort did say there was a fated time and place, so there might be some time before he acts. 

I'm pretty sure in the journal somewhere in 3D it mentioned it being 12 years. Like Ven, Terra, or Aqua's description.

That being said I think there's a chance of a little time passing in between 3D and KH3, or at least during KH3, that could make it 13 years since BBS. Xehanort did say there was a fated time and place, so there might be some time before he acts. 

Yes, in Aqua's journal.