Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Kodakliv

I hate this time of the year

I really do, I feel more depressed then ever, and some of you know that I had a bad time depression a month ago where I was going to leave the site. I think it's because everyone is getting the hottest stuff, like the PS4/XBOX One, new cell phones and gadgets. And I'm not getting anythign like that. I feel like I don't belong with the rest of the world. Does anyone else feel like this? I've been playing a lot of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX cause it's been helping me feel better since it was one of the most favorite games when I was younger.

I won't be getting the PS4 until 2015 at the earliest :(

I'm just sitting here playing my Gamecube because it's what I have and this is the best part of the year because you get to see holiday specials on TV and everywhere is decorated and you get to hang out with family and friends. What's not to like? 

Fool. Wow, people are dying of starvation and war, and you're here complaining about how you don't have the latest toys.

How about them Philippines. 

There won't be any games from Square Enix on PlayStation 4 until 2015.

Don't you think that's kind of ignorant? "Oh I don't belong because I don't have the latest consoles, electronics, etc." 1. You do belong to others. 2. People are having their lives on the edge of despair, and some are fighting their hardest to survive, and some steal just to live. Now, after hearing this, do you think your problems are worse? I know everyone has different priorities for their lives, and they have different things that make them crack, but saying "I don't feel like I belong" over a console, that's a very weird way to be depressed, not to mention greedy.

Fool. Wow, people are dying of starvation and war, and you're here complaining about how you don't have the latest toys.

How about them Philippines. 

There won't be any games from Square Enix on PlayStation 4 until 2015.

You don't have the newest fancy stuff? You're right. You clearly don't belong with the rest of the world.

Don't you think that's kind of ignorant? "Oh I don't belong because I don't have the latest consoles, electronics, etc." 1. You do belong to others. 2. People are having their lives on the edge of despair, and some are fighting their hardest to survive, and some steal just to live. Now, after hearing this, do you think your problems are worse? I know everyone has different priorities for their lives, and they have different things that make them crack, but saying "I don't feel like I belong" over a console, that's a very weird way to be depressed, not to mention greedy.

I have a gif for this topic but I'm not gonna use it cause it would be a waste to use it on something so silly like this.

You shouldn't feel that way there are still a ton of people that don't have the PS4 or XBOX One and you never know you may be able to get it earlier than you expect

I think you should take a moment to reflect and think about all of the things you are grateful to have. We tend to take many things for granted and don't realize how truly blessed we are. For example, most of us take for granted that we have a place to live, food to eat, clothes on our backs, or that fact that we may be without an illness like cancer. Also, most of us have people we can turn to when we are down like family, friends, and KH13. ;) Just the fact that we all have a computer or a laptop is something to be grateful for. When you feel like lonely you should talk with a friend or hang out with your family. Trust me material things are not important! Material things will eventually break or become obsolete, but the relationships you form with the people you care about will last forever. 

How about you all think this through for a bit and conclude that this is probably nothing more than a textbook case of seasonal affective disorder? Or more commonly known as "winter blues"? It's a type of depression that affects everyone to a varying degree because of the lack of sunlight/colder temperatures/etc.

Science aside, everyone nonetheless have a point on current events and relative depression issues, bit at least I gave my two cents. And before you all go bashing on me, I just wanna say that I remembered this out of the top of my head without thinking it through first xP

The more you know....

Edited by Javelin434

How about you all think this through for a bit and conclude that this is probably nothing more than a textbook case of seasonal affective disorder? Or more commonly known as "winter blues"? It's a type of depression that affects everyone to a varying degree because of the lack of sunlight/colder temperatures/etc.

Science aside, everyone nonetheless have a point on current events and relative depression issues, bit at least I gave my two cents. And before you all go bashing on me, I just wanna say that I remembered this out of the top of my head without thinking it through first xP

The more you know....

Fool. Right, but you can at least pick something better to be depressed about. For me, I'm away from all my family and friends for months at a time and my Girl friend hardly talks to me.

And here I am with my Nokia Razor (which I'm perfectly happy with).

But really, I'm pretty sure getting the PS4 late (2015 or so) isn't bad at all. I'm getting it at that time also. I really don't want to sound mean, but not getting this generation's gadgets/toys is not the end of the world. My cousins in the Philippines are blessed to even have clean water. But if you really feel you might have depression, see a therapist immediately. Therapists are awesome, and helped a lot with my social anxiety and agoraphobia. 

Edited by TripleNipple

Wow you people are harsh/ignorant, I'm just stating that i hate this time of year because people/friends brag about what they have, and I'm poor and can't ever afford anything as fancy. Heck I didn't get a PS3 until early this year, that should say how poor I am. And you guys yell at me and hurt my feelings saying that I'm ignorant and silly for being depressed about this. i'M PUTTING MY HEART AND SOUL INTO THIS TOPIC and you guys are critizing my way of thinking, I'm sorry alright! I'm just tired of people hurting my feelings and saying I can't afford anything in life because I suck! so Thanks a bunch!

: I left the othe community because of people like you for making me feel worse I can see no matter where I go you kinds of people are always out there. So thanks again for making me feel so crappy inside. :

Edited by Kodakliv

Wow you people are harsh/ignorant, I'm just stating that i hate this time of year because people/friends brag about what they have, and I'm poor and can't ever afford anything as fancy. Heck I didn't get a PS3 until early this year, that should say how poor I am. And you guys yell at me and hurt my feelings saying that I'm ignorant and silly for being depressed about this. i'M PUTTING MY HEART AND SOUL INTO THIS TOPIC and you guys are critizing my way of thinking, I'm sorry alright! I'm just tired of people hurting my feelings and saying I can't afford anything in life because I suck! so Thanks a bunch!

: I left the othe community because of people like you for making me feel worse I can see no matter where I go you kinds of people are always out there. So thanks again for making me feel so crappy inside. :

don't take it that way man most people weren't trying to hurt your feelings, keep in mind that most of us probably have problems too and when you say something it makes everybody remember and then they get depressed and then they get angry etc. etc. and they end up taking it out on you because you're their nearest outlet. It happens, everyone's just here to have a good time okay :) everyone comes to this site leaving things behind, if you really have to say something then talk to someone you know about your problems or post a status. Heck if you've run out of options then just message me i'll listen :) but unless you want to get bombarded with bad messages from everyone you shouldn't make a forum about being depressed it just makes everyone depressed. So try and keep it up beat on the forums, have a good time, forget about your problems, have a laugh, have some fun, learn some stuff about kh and leave your problems with people who will listen and wont bite your head off :P

I'm pretty certain you're not the only one who feels that way. I can't even afford to even THINK about getting a PS3. Tough times, tough times....

And I really wanted 1.5 too...

Wow you people are harsh/ignorant, I'm just stating that i hate this time of year because people/friends brag about what they have, and I'm poor and can't ever afford anything as fancy. Heck I didn't get a PS3 until early this year, that should say how poor I am. And you guys yell at me and hurt my feelings saying that I'm ignorant and silly for being depressed about this. i'M PUTTING MY HEART AND SOUL INTO THIS TOPIC and you guys are critizing my way of thinking, I'm sorry alright! I'm just tired of people hurting my feelings and saying I can't afford anything in life because I suck! so Thanks a bunch!: I left the othe community because of people like you for making me feel worse I can see no matter where I go you kinds of people are always out there. So thanks again for making me feel so crappy inside. :

I kind of know the feeling and I apologize if I've hurt your feelings

Tell me, is it necessary to have fancy gadgets in order to become social?

I don't have the newest gadgets.

I have a crappy cellphone that's been with me since 5th grade

I stopped at the DSi and the PS2 in gaming.

I'm very social, and I'm happy with my friends.

If people brag about their gadgets at you, ignore them. Fancy gadgets don't define a person's popularity.

Someone said that your depression's like the "Winter Blues". Then do something that makes you happy. If 1.5 makes you happy, great. But don't give in to those people's bragging about the new gadgets, just because everyone else does it as well.

Thanks Guys :) I've been just having a rough time lately, I blame Sony/Microsoft for releasing there new consoles.Now all my friends do is brag about how awesome they are since it will be a life time before i even have one. I have a Cellphone too, just a plain texting phone that I had for 5 years now, so my other friends are bragging about there new Smart Phones and blah blah blah and I'm just tired of feeling left out.

So I apologize to anyone, I was just feeling sad.because I know this year I won't be getting anything fancy and felt left out. I WILL KEEP MY CHIN UP and just keep saving my money until I have enough to get a new gaming system. Since it will be a life time to get a PS4/XBOX ONE since I haven't decided which version to get I've decided to wait until KH3 comes out PS4/XBOX to finally get one. I've decided to get a Wii U now since it's in my budget cause of there price drop :)