Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Final Fantasy coming to 3DS eShop on January 17 in Japan

A port of the PlayStation portable remake of Final Fantasy will be released on the Japanese Nintendo eShop on January 17, 2015. Those who pre-ordered Final Fantasy Explorers got it for free. Expect both to be released worldwide sometime in 2015. I'd expect a port of the PlayStation Portable remake of Final Fantasy II to also follow. 

Hey Square! less ports, more remakes. :)

They aren't remaking the first Final Fantasy. There's only one key person left from the team who made FF1-3 and they're more focused on SaGa.

SO MANY PORTS!! i feel like square is oprah of ports now. YOU GET A PORT, YOU GET A PORT, EVERYONE IS GETTING PORTS/

They'll keep doing it since people keep buying them.

They aren't remaking the first Final Fantasy. There's only one key person left from the team who made FF1-3 and they're more focused on SaGa.

They'll keep doing it since people keep buying them.

If people buying them was enough for them to keep doing it they'd remake VII.

They aren't remaking it so get over it. Remaking it would be extremely expensive. They just port games because it's so cheap and easy and there's people who buy them.

get over it? it's only the most beloved ff of all time. plus yeah it's expensive but guarantee there would be profit.

get over it? it's only the most beloved ff of all time. plus yeah it's expensive but guarantee there would be profit.

They also can't make as many big budget games any more. You remake VII and then you don't get a new game from Toriyama & Kitase for a whole generation.

They also can't make as many big budget games any more. You remake VII and then you don't get a new game from Toriyama & Kitase for a whole generation.

ok let's say this is true. From a business standpoint it would be the right decision. even if you don't get a new game square doesn't care. In the end it's all about $ and honestly 7 would probably make a big amount of it. It is by far the most requested remake ever. So business wise it would be a smart decision.

ok let's say this is true. From a business standpoint it would be the right decision. even if you don't get a new game square doesn't care. In the end it's all about $ and honestly 7 would probably make a big amount of it. It is by far the most requested remake ever. So business wise it would be a smart decision.

It would also take a long time, taking a lot of resources and their best team. I and many others would rather a new experience from their best team.

It would also take a long time, taking a lot of resources and their best team. I and many others would rather a new experience from their best team.

while many others would also like a remake that's what i'm saying here. While many want new stuff there is a large market for this game.

Port it to PS4 please!

It's not in HD yet. But III, IV, V, VI and The After Years are!

while many others would also like a remake that's what i'm saying here. While many want new stuff there is a large market for this game.

Yeah, and Toriyama & Kitase would also like to make new games.

It's not in HD yet. But III, IV, V, VI and The After Years are!

Yeah, and Toriyama & Kitase would also like to make new games.

So afaik there are 3 teams that make big budget FF games right? 

Tabata's team is the one which is making XV. And I also assume that if XV-2 was to exist his team would be the one making it. I wonder if they will make another big budget game (main consoles) after XV.

Toriyama & Kitase's is another. They are probably making X-3.

And Ito's is the last which is more than likely making XVI.

Damn there are lots of team in this company. I wonder if they will ever make a second KH team.

Edited by Sorarocks93

So afaik there are 3 teams that make big budget FF games right? 

Tabata's team is the one which is making XV. And I also assume that if XV-2 was to exist his team would be the one making it. I wonder if they will make another big budget game (main consoles) after XV.

Toriyama & Kitase's is another. They are probably making X-3.

And Ito's is the last which is more than likely making XVI.

Damn there are lots of team in this company. I wonder if they will ever make a second KH team.

There is a ton more teams they're just a lot smaller.

Doubtful, it would have to be a small team.

Ah yes, I own the PSP port of Final Fantasy, and it's a pretty good game.  I'd certainly recommend it.  It's a nice, nostalgic trip into the early era of Final Fantasy, so all of you 3DS owners be sure to play it!  I won't get it for my 3DS since I already have the port for my PSP.  So anyways, yeah, Final Fantasy is pretty good. :)

Although, to me, Final Fantasy IV is the ultimate masterpiece! :D

They aren't remaking it so get over it. Remaking it would be extremely expensive. They just port games because it's so cheap and easy and there's people who buy them.

Already told you. I'm not getting over it till it's remade.

Ah yes, I own the PSP port of Final Fantasy, and it's a pretty good game.  I'd certainly recommend it.  It's a nice, nostalgic trip into the early era of Final Fantasy, so all of you 3DS owners be sure to play it!  I won't get it for my 3DS since I already have the port for my PSP.  So anyways, yeah, Final Fantasy is pretty good. :)

Yeah, I have it on my smartphone. The gameplay holds up quite well 27 years later. 

FFIV's great.

I agree about IV. Well, I used to anyway, then I played FFVI.