Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
MDSVeritas

Skyline (Roleplay Thread)

Turning to Yuki, Kristy smiled a little and said:  "Really?  You think so?  No, you have to be kidding."  She then turned to Sora who was crawling towards her.  "Sora!" she shouts, running to her side.  A quick hug with her good arm, Kristy says:  "Oh Sora, I'm glad you're up.  I was really worried."  Seeing Yuki trying to be friendly and Sora getting scared, Kristy says:  "It's okay, he's a nice guy.  He helped fix you up after you got hurt and fought off the monster that did it.  He's not going to trouble you."

Sora pressed against Kristy fearfully, but the hug relaxed her, made her feel safe. She looked at Yuki, still afraid. Her fox tail was bushy and up, but a few seconds she began to relax again.

"...if you trust him..." she said softly.

Yuki smiled when the fox girl trusted him, as Kristy did too.

"Thank you. Thank you both for trusting me." Yuki turned his head to look at the left over Maruder. Maxwell and the police officer seemed to be handling it well. He turned his head back towards Kristy and the girl.

"Any reason why I'm not the only one with a tail? In other words, why is she half fox? Is she....A different type of a Saiyan?"

Asher Group

"Using you..."

For a moment it seemed Q may be at a loss for words.

"You met a certain individual didn't you? He convinced you that I was your enemy, is that it? Very well, believe what you will. There is no escaping this City or fighting the flow of the events to come, but rest assured; I am no enemy. This City itself will show you. So my question, dear Asher, is where will you go now?"

Reverie and Liath Group

As the pair walked south Q's voice chimed in for a moment.

"Congratulations on your discovery, you have found Oasis, a new district of The City ((map will be updated with it tomorrow)). You seem to have come across its very centerpiece as well. Good luck."

Before the pair stood a huge pool. The skyline of the city tapered off and disappeared and in this section there was simply streets that converged into one sunken area filled with water. The water seemed only as white as the rest of the city, though the reflections cast off its surface gave it away. The pool of water wasn't even the most fascinating element though.

The elevator was.

In the center of the pool of water was an elevator, seemingly sitting on the surface. A small line of stepping stones made it from the elevator over the water to dry land... and the stones were right ahead of Liath and Reverie.

There were so many questions to be answered in this city, but there was only one that pair needed to answer:

Going down?

Jason, Kristy, Sora, Yuki, Maxwell Group

The final Marauder was eviscerated by Kristy's blast and Maxwell's bolt and peace once again settled over the new group.

"I'm impressed" Q's voice rang over the group. "I hadn't expected Yuki and his fellow to so quickly use their new-found ability to aid others. Perhaps there is potential yet for all of you.

Kristy then felt a strange warmth around her whole being. For a moment it even looked as if she was.... glowing.

"And you, Kristy," Q spoke again, "You made a good call to save a friend. Your actions do not go without reward, and for that you powers are growing at this moment." ((Ultimus, you've got your pick of how you want to upgrade your power. Just message me or post in the discussion thread and I'll confirm what you want as long as it's balanced))

A comforting quiet then surrounded the group. They had just had a very close call, and found new friends in the struggle, so now they had decide where their new alliance would be going next...

Nathan and Nora Group

The doors opened into a grand ballroom. No blades in sight, luckily. Baroque decorations lined the walls, and golden chandeliers bathed the room in a warm glow. A huge red carpet stretched across the massive room, leading to a huge stained glass window. Here all of the whiteness and blankness of the city seemed so far away. The stained glass window seemed to show a field of flowers, painted in rich reds and thick greens.

"So you did arrive after all."

That's when they noticed the man at the end of the carpet, standing beneath the great window at the end of the ballroom. He wore great golden robes, diamond studded gauntlets, and even had a crown fashioned on his head. In his hand he gripped a gilded scepter with a large blue crystal at its head. He looked serious.

"I finally get a visitor in my gilded prison. Are you here to gain more power, to bring the city to life, to end my existence?"

He smiled as he looked over the battered boy and the girl who was helping him through the door.

"That's all she sent. I deserve royalty! I deserve heralds! She sends you! You filthy churls have no place in my estate."

The robed man raised the scepter and blue energy began to swirl around him.

"I am the majestic Warthyp, and you disgrace me with your presence! Have you any last words?!?"

Strangely then Q's voice entered their mind for moment, speaking calmly but with speed.

"You will want to raise your weapons."

Laciann, Alysa, Aro Group

As the phantoms of the past were cut down they seemed to begin to retreat... until the group could notice that they were in fact coalescing; collecting into a single huge mass of terrifying proportions.  The screams of the dead and gone and those lost or left behind filled the void, as the mass of bodies formed two arms of mass and lurched towards the group, swinging towards Laciann and Alysa..

The Misfits

With Aildur somewhat healed the party could now return to the next stage of their journey; opening the door.

"Go right ahead," Q spoke, "It's time for you to re-enter The City and discover a whole new district..."

Le Chef and Natasha Group

As Le Chef and Natasha traveled north they passed by dozens of unremarkable white skyscrapers... until finally they came across what could only be the trial.

A huge domed building sat before them. The street opened up into a huge grand staircase that rose towards two gigantic doors that made up the building's entrance.

Time to find out what was on the menu next.

Edited by MDSVeritas

"W-what?"  Kristy was unsure on what Q had just mentioned.  A reward for taking out the creature?  She only wanted to keep everyone safe.  But then she began to feel it.  A kind of warmness she never felt before.  Looking at her right hand, for just an instant, she thought she saw it glow.  A glow a bit different from her usual Aura color.  Not sure what to say, Kristy speaks:  "I....this is.....wow."  But she then starts to feel something off.  The sudden urge of tiredness came again and she starts breathing heavily.  "Really?!  It's happening again?"  she cries.  She places he right hand on the ground and gave what she borrowed back.  He Aura fades away and Kristy slowly begins breathing normally.  Finally relaxing a bit, she mumbles:  "So, there really is a limit on how long I can use it."

Maxwell sheathed his sword and looked at his surroundings after the Marauder was taken out, he heard Q's words "Well technically yuki's" he said at the end as he then walked back to Kristy, Sora and Yuki, surprised a bit when Kristy started glowing and making the power she accumulated go away by placing her hand on the ground, he guessed it was nature based power but he wasn't really sure.

"Kristy isn't it? not bad, what exactly is your power?" he asked her as he held out his hand as electricity could be seen flowing all around his arm, "Mine is pretty obvious" he said trying to be sarcastic about it.

Reverie and Liath Group

As the pair walked south Q's voice chimed in for a moment.

"Congratulations on your discovery, you have found Oasis, a new district of The City ((map will be updated with it tomorrow)). You seem to have come across its very centerpiece as well. Good luck."

Before the pair stood a huge pool. The skyline of the city tapered off and disappeared and in this section there was simply streets that converged into one sunken area filled with water. The water seemed only as white as the rest of the city, though the reflections cast off its surface gave it away. The pool of water wasn't even the most fascinating element though.

The elevator was.

In the center of the pool of water was an elevator, seemingly sitting on the surface. A small line of stepping stones made it from the elevator over the water to dry land... and the stones were right ahead of Liath and Reverie.

There were so many questions to be answered in this city, but there was only one that pair needed to answer:

Going down?

As Reverie headed to the South along with Liath,they arrived on a district called the Oasis,where the area was covered in pools of water,followed with the elevator,the center part of this district. "You know,I would like to have a bottle to take some of this water since I'm kinda thirsty right now. Anyways,there's an elevator ahead. Should we have to use it to go down?" Reverie said as he questioning about the elevator and try to take Liath's opinion. (Q,dunno if you can hear me,but I think new powers was alright for me...) Reverie said in his thought where he make a request for the new powers to Q...

Nathan and Nora Group

The doors opened into a grand ballroom. No blades in sight, luckily. Baroque decorations lined the walls, and golden chandeliers bathed the room in a warm glow. A huge red carpet stretched across the massive room, leading to a huge stained glass window. Here all of the whiteness and blankness of the city seemed so far away. The stained glass window seemed to show a field of flowers, painted in rich reds and thick greens.

"So you did arrive after all."

That's when they noticed the man at the end of the carpet, standing beneath the great window at the end of the ballroom. He wore great golden robes, diamond studded gauntlets, and even had a crown fashioned on his head. In his hand he gripped a gilded scepter with a large blue crystal at its head. He looked serious.

"I finally get a visitor in my gilded prison. Are you here to gain more power, to bring the city to life, to end my existence?"

He smiled as he looked over the battered boy and the girl who was helping him through the door.

"That's all she sent. I deserve royalty! I deserve heralds! She sends you! You filthy churls have no place in my estate."

The robed man raised the scepter and blue energy began to swirl around him.

"I am the majestic Warthyp, and you disgrace me with your presence! Have you any last words?!?"

Strangely then Q's voice entered their mind for moment, speaking calmly but with speed.

"You will want to raise your weapons."

Nora looked across the room. It was much more luxurious than anything she had ever seen in her life, or expected to see. Her sense of awe had to wait however, as an apparent prince was there to challenge them. Kill them to be exact, considering he was asking for their last words. Just as quick as they were challenged, the voice once again suggested that they should get ready and raise their weapons. "...raise our weapons..." Nora muttered. She looked down at her brush. Oh of course because a brush would be able to defend off against a sword...wait...not just any brush, her brush, that brought things to life! "I just hope you don't like your walls!" Nora said as she hurried off the red carpet and went straight to the nearest wall. Her brush stroked across it, damaging its prefect features with taints of uneven colors.  She quickly finished her first creation, a sword. It was easier to paint than a gun, and with the enemy at foot, she couldn't spent too much time on a creation just yet. With the last outline, the sword glowed brightly and Nora stuck her hand on it, pulling it out of the wall as it came to life. "Nathan!" Nora yelled as she threw the sword at him. Hopefully it'd be helpful. She smirked. "I'll be your armory and help from behind!"

(Umm.....MDS? Natasha didn't decide on going with Le Chef or not.....)

Yuki watched as Kristy's powers grew. This reminded him of something. "It's like your power grew for a short time....Almost like a Super Saiyan!" He then blew out to clouds, both white, and sent them away with the word "IKU ZE!" They flew back from where he and Max came from to get Natasha and Le Chef. "Don't take too long!" He turned back to Kristy and Sora. "So...Just to ask again. Is the fox girl....A different type of Saiyan? Cause she has a tail. If not, then why?"

It was almost a relief to see the domed building before him: Le Chef had begun to wonder if there were actually any other buildings in this city other than skyscrapers, which really just seemed like very poor civic planning. But here it was, and judging from the strange sense of energy surrounding the place, there was a good chance that it was one of the Trials which Q spoke of. 

A strange humming, whoosh-like noise began to approach, and though Le Chef at first was on guard, assuming that this could only be a new machination of the city to try and disembowel him, he was somewhat relieved to see that it was another cloud which Yuki was capable of creating. This was at least some good news: it meant that at least Yuki was alive, and likely Maxwell as well. But it also presented a sort of dilemma for the cook. The Trials were likely to be hard. Otherwise they wouldn't be named Trials. They would be named "The Ultra Relaxing Saunters." As such, he thought, the prospect of having some extra hands on deck wasn't exactly a bad idea. On the flip side, as Le Chef had seen earlier, the higher the risk meant the higher the reward, and as Yuki and Yuki alone recieved the power-up for killing the giant, it was not out of the question that that they others would kill-steal and reap the rewards. 

Ultimately, the decision was like any kind of gamble on a horse race: you could bet on the safe horse and win the race, but the payout wouldn't be as good. Conversely, choosing the dark horse might be harder, but the jackpot made it worth the gamble. Besides, reasoned Le Chef, he had said it himself: the worst he could do is die, and honestly, that was something which could happen at any time in this place, so he might as well gamble while he was here.

Searching himself for a pen, and turning up empty, Le Chef managed to poof into existence a slice of bread, which he then wrote on using mustard. "Dear Yuki: I am investigating a domed building in the Sector. If you do not hear from me in two hours, please check in. Sincerely, Le Chef."

Placing the bread on the cloud, Le Chef hoped that there was either a way for the cloud to find its way back to its owner, or that there was some kind of auto-pilot on it. Regardless, he walked up the flight of stairs, opened the massive door to the building, and went inside.

Kristy looked to Maxwell when she heard him talk.  "My power?  Well, it's bringing out the yellow Aura that surrounds me.  So far I can shoot beams with it and make a shield.  Not sure what I can do now thanks to Q, so I'll have to find that out.  But for me to even use my Aura at all, I have to borrow a portion of the environment I'm in.  I don't know what else to say regarding it." 

Kristy turns to Yuki when he starts talking.  Brushing her hair with her good hand, she says:  "Yuki, her name is Sora you know.  Anyway, I don't know what she is.  But I can tell you with certainty that she is not a Saiyan.  Just because she has a tail doesn't mean she is one."  Kristy sees the clouds Yuki sends away.  "Hey, are those clouds going to other people?  People you guys were with before coming to us?" she asks.

Nathan's gaze darted to Nora who created a sword from her powers before throwing the blade directly towards him. Using his own powers to manipulate the blade as it spun through the air towards him, Nathan seemed to perfectly catch the new sword and slowly drew it from its sheath. Now, nodding at Nora in agreeance with her idea, he began to slowly walk towards Warthyp. "So, you claim that you are quite the magnificent being and that you should only be welcomed by the company of others such as yourself? Well, it just so happens that today is your lucky day, for you have before you a Prince!" Drawing the sword completely, Nathan flicked the blade to one side with ease, feeling the lightness of the sword. At the same time, the red headed youth gave the 'Majestic' Warthyp a slight bow with a grin drawn across his face. "Unfortunately for you however, I am a Prince who has lost his crown. So, to compensate..." Nathan placed the blade in an over head stance, keeping it pointed at his opponent with one hand as the second hand was used to hold the blade in place. Sliding his foot back to demonstrate his defensive stance, Nathan smirked at the noble. "... I will be taking your crown for myself." Without wasting another moment, Nathan began running toward Warthyp with the blade, swinging it in the general direction of his opponents limbs. However, Nathan found himself being countered at every single clash and not being able to land a single hit, leading to his anger beginning to boil. "You think I'll waver to this? Don't underestimate me!" Nathan backed off before swinging his blade widely, applying his powers to his attacks. This resulted in Warthyp being blown backwards off his feet. Nathan's breath was heavy, his wounds from his previous endeavours still hadn't healed and he was clearly approaching his limit once again. "Okay... If I keep going like this, I'm not going to make it. I have to stop using my powers, otherwise I'll pass out again. But if I give him any openings, I'm finished." Glimpsing back at Nora as she continued to pain, Nathan began to strategise on how to win. "With her power, this battle should become much easier, but... I'll need to buy some time for her to make me something special." Nathan began to back away as Warthyp began to recover, standing closer to Nora with the sword out in front of him. "I have an idea, but it'll take some time. I need you to create something powerful enough to take this guy out in one shot. Something like a rocket launcher might do the trick. I'll buy you as much time as you need, so do your best." Nathan said with a smile as he then turned back and ran into battle. Swiping his sword through the air, Nathan released several shockwaves in the shape of sword slashes in Warthyp's direction with the main intention of keeping him occupied while hoping that the attacks would do some damage to the man.

"If you want to grab some water, go ahead, but I wouldn't recommend it. Something tells me it's no ordinary water, and even if it is, who knows how long it's been stagnant. Either way, I'm going into the elevator." said Lieth to Reverie, before entering the mysterious elevator. Sure, it was likely very dangerous, but one generally doesn't learn the truth by playing it safe.

Yuki nodded in an understanding matter. "Okay, okay. So her name is Sora....That's a pretty cool name!" He happily smiled. Then he heard the sound of his cloud coming back. He looked up and that his cloud returned, but not with anyone, only a piece of bread. There was something written on it. As he read the mustard written note, he knew that the only one that would do something this is......

"Oh God no.....Alone?....Darn it, Chef." He quietly said. He turned to Maxwell, with serious look on his face. "Max, it's Le Chef. He's gone exploring through the city. And he said to check on him in 2 hours....And I bet he's alone....." Yuki kicked the ground. "That fool.....What is he thinking? Now I'm worried about Natasha Keys. If I know one thing, she doesn't expect to die any time soon, so I KNOW she's staying in place."

Edited by kingdomhearts45

"The most he can do is attempt the trial, Le chef is smart, he wouldn't throw himself at something he knows he couldn't do, so I doubt he'l be able to complete it, and might return to Natasha" he said holding his hand to his chin, thinking a bit, "You think we should go check up on him?" he asked Yuki as he then turned to Sora and Kristy, and looked at Sora.

"Sora is it? nice to meet you" he said to her in a friendly and always polite tone, "As for your question Yuki, she definitely isn't a sayian, if I had to guess i'd say she is a Fox girl...a Kitsune as some call it" he said. "I could be wrong on the name though, I don't know much about this stuff" he said.

Sora stayed close to Kristy, even when the girl did her Aura act. She sniffed still, the pain still there...a bit. More of a soreness.

That nightmare...what did it mean...who was that woman? Who was she?

Her tail flicked, then wrapped around Kristy's thigh. "...thank you for saving me." she said softly. "...I owe you my life."

She blushed. "...I don't have any way to really repay you..." she bit her lip, and finally, Yuki's questions processed...Kristy answered...then she looked at Yuki.

"I don't know what I am...all...all I know is..." she frowned. "Saiyans are from Dragonball Z and are supposed to be fake..."

Yuki put his hands behind his head, relaxed. He wasn't surprised nor insulted."As a Saiyan myself, I know it's hard to believe when you see me. I get it really I do." He looks at Kristy. "Why don't you guys come with us? The more, the merrier I always say! And you do look like you can handle your aura power very well like my Sun powers. I think it could be possible that I could teach the Kamehameha move with your powers, if you want me to. You are, apparently, a fan. Heh heh heh!" He looked at Sora, smiling. "You should've seen her reaction! She was like- Oops. Sorry, Kristy if I embarrassed you....."

"I do have a theory though. Maybe when I was summoned to the city, I crossed over from my Earth to here. Like in short, Universe crossover."

Edited by kingdomhearts45

(Aro, and Alyssa)

Aro stuck her arm out, her hand in the index-pointing gun stance, with her other arm carefully bracing it. She saw that the arm was coming, and she had so very little time to react to this. She was charging more, trying to draw in as much as energy as she could.

"Now!" She screamed, "Drop this!"

She raised her arm and then slammed it down whilst firing her beam off. It was like a long slice through the air that hopefully would be able to slice the arms off before they came any closer to her ally...

(The Dangerous Damsels (Alysa and Aro))

Alysa glanced sideways towards her ally. She was strong. And angry. Alysa returned to the actual problem at hand. She was still a little drained from having used her powers so often just before. But there weren't going to be many breaks on this journey, and she would need to get used to that. Tough luck for her. Alysa decided to assist her friend with dealing with the mass of bodies by swinging her sword quickly down, producing a wall in front of both her and Aro. That should help, at least in theory. Then again, who knew what these things were going to be capable of.

"Universe crossing over wouldn't be out of the questions, since there is a foxgirl between us, and you being a sayian it seem like the most plausible theory." he said crossing his arms while he spoke with him and Kristy and Sora, "Hate to say it Yuki, but this isn't the best time to stand and do nothing right now, we can talk on our way to wherever we need to go now..." Maxwell said with a serious tone, this clearly wasn't the time to do so, and he didn't want to stand around and do nothing, "I am worried about Le chef though Yuki, you think we should check up on him? he's probably heading to a trial as we speak, hes gonna get himself killed..." he said, with a worried tone.

Yuki thought for a second. He was used to these kind of situations in his world. He was very relaxed in this moment.

"Yeah, I guess so. I'm worried about the big guy too." Yuki made a cloud big enough to carry Yuki, Kristy, Sora, Maxwell, and the Police Officer. "Please keep your hands and feet and body on the floating cloud at all times throughout the ride. Enjoy your flight!"

Kristy was a little confused.  It was strange for her to feel a tail around her thigh, or just feeling a tail in general.  It was both unusual and comforting at the same time.  "You're welcome Sora.  You don't need to repay me with anything.  I'm just glad you're doing better."  she responds.  Kristy turns to Yuki with what he said.  Laughing, she scratches her head, saying:  "No it's cool.  It's true I'm a huge fan though.  Go with you guys?  Huh.  It does kind of sound like a good idea.  Strength in numbers and all that.  Really?!?  I've always wanted to use the Kamehameha ever since I first saw it as a kid!"  She found herself really shocked to be on a giant cloud.  Cheering, she shouts:  "Wow!  This is just like the flying Nimbus, only bigger!"

Yuki smiled at Kristy's comment on his cloud. "That's the point! the references though! Heh heh heh heh!" Yuki got ready to ride his cloud. "I'll teach the Kamehameha wave later Kristy. Right now, we've got a Chef to save! Cause he cooks, and my stomach is as big as Grandpa Goku's. And a Saiyan's gotta eat! Heh heh!" Once everyone got on, Yuki readied the cloud. "Alright cloudy....No, no, too bland. Ehh.......Sukai! That's what I'll call these things. Sukais! How about it, big cloud?" The Sukai floated up and down, happy that it has a name. "Okay, okay! Heh heh! I can see you like the name! Alright, Sukai let's go! IKU ZE!"

Sukai then blasted off in the air, with the wind blowing through the air.

"Coolest! Power! EVERRRRR!! YAHOOOOO!!!

Maxwell could only let a small sigh at the scene of Yuki's excitement, he wasn't very annoyied but still, he simply nodded to kristy and the others before getting into his own cloud, he simply sat down and waited for it to move, "Sukais?, really?" Maxwell asked with a chuckle, he was surprised by yukis creativity on a name, although he didn't really like it, it wasn't hist choice after all.

As they flew Maxwell enjoyed the wind on his face, quite refreshing and enjoyable, he remained quiet as they flew, stretching his arms as electricity spiralled around them, "heh", he held his hands close together as the electricity started forming a small electric orb between them, he then had an idea, he quickly controlled the orb and inserted it inside the cloud he was now in, giving it a boost of speed, considering clouds were partially made of water, he could electrify it, "Quite" he said beside yuki as he quickly passed him.