Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
MDSVeritas

Skyline (Roleplay Thread)

-Khan Kazuma-

Khan couldn't help but be somewhat amused by Javir's little tantrum about that not being funny, but the amusement swiftly faded as the madman dove from his throne with a blade, attempting to stab Khan.

"You dare...?!" He exclaimed, stopping Jevir in his path, but ended up being sliced a few times, leaving mostly surface cuts, but one stab wound in his shoulder. The wound stung and hurt, but only served to anger Khan, who pushed the man back, summoned his hammer back to his hand and made a jumping, downward slam aimed for Jevir's dimwitted head.

"You are nothing!" He called, his hammer gripped tightly in his hands as he brought it down towards Jevir.

Yuki crossed his arms and just tapped his foot impatiently. He was not liking what he was hearing. Not one bit. "Alright.....So me and all the other S3s were used just tools for the City and now there are these S4s who are more human than me...Great. And now the person who's been helping now wants to destroy us?...To be honest, I can believe that. But Doctor, I still want to know why I am different from all the other S3s. Like, I don't know, why am I a freaking Saiyan!? Why am I not a bad S3? I still want to know! Was I one your mistakes?" Yuki waited for a moment, then took a deep breath. "Anyways, I guess I'll help you Doctor, but not because you're my creator or if I trust you. It's because I want to get these guys out of here alive and safe." Yuki turned around with his back and tail facing the Doctor and the others. "....I think I have one more transformation that's even stronger than my Super Saiyan form.....I have a feeling I'll be using for this final battle..."

Shade need to get the dog off her now. She made made the floor in the box start to shake.She needed the dog off of her arms before her caused her to bleed out/dismember one of her many limbs and or even both. Her hope was that the shaking might throw the dog of balance enough to release her of long enough to be free. If she could move it would be much easier to fight anyway for her.

Nora rested her hands on her hips. So this was all a means in order to get rid of the ‘imperfect’ humans and take over the world, populating it with ‘perfect humans’…if she hadn’t seen what she had seen since waking up in this forsaken place, she would start laughing at how crazy the idea was. But everything so far has been real, so this was real as well. One more trial. “…well, I don’t know about my comrades, but at least you can count me in.” Nora said, crossing her arms as she glanced at the professor. We’ve been around this place for too long. We’ve done too much. We can’ just stop when there is a chance to finally end it all now can we?” Nora sighed, taking another step. “Let us take the trial. Let’s…just end this so we can go home.”

Kristy just....well... needless to say, she couldn't get a grasp on anything the Doctor just said.  Everyone's lives being at risk, that wasn't new to her considering everything else that was bad had occurred.  But Q wanting world domination or the extinction of humanity certainly was new.  Kristy didn't want to believe that.  In fact, she kind of liked Q in a sort of cool way.  She saved Kristy and the others at one point.  But that could've been a means to make sure everyone would bring the City to "life" just so she could use it.  "This all sounds so crazy.  Even with everything that just happened it still sounds crazy."  Kristy says with disbelief.  "All this stuff on Q doesn't feel right to me.  I'll have to ask her if it's for real.  But if everything about Q is true, then I guess I don't have a choice but help take her down."  Kristy begins scratching her left arm, being frightened while doing it.  Not because of the thought of facing Q.  Well, maybe a little bit.  But what really scares her is what would happen after.  "Is there really a chance of going back home after we stop Q?"

Maxwell took a moment to think about things, "So these S4s are our next challenge? my educated guess is that we will have to kill them as well?" he asked as he crossed his arms with a frown, which he pretty much had it on him at all times, upon seeing the rift and the rest if what the doctor said he shook his head sideways.

"Im not about to jump into allegiances after all thats happened, Q will explain herself, and then we'l see about what side is the lesser evil here." Maxwell spoke his decision to the Doctor and the others, upon hearing Kristy's question he sighed, as he leaned his back onto a wall, arms still crossed, "Is there any way of getting back home at all? or is that just a lie to keep us hopeful?" he asked, seriously.

Alysa stared at The Doctor, before finally deciding to create a scabbard for it and sheathed it. She crossed her arms over her chest. "As if I trust either of you. I'd be leaving now if I had the ability. But unfortunately, thanks to that stupid bitch Q, I am stuck inside this stupid City with no way out. So, for now I side with you Doc. She hasn't done anything for me anyway. You on the other hand, have been comparatively cooperative. And well... I hate to say it, but I think that you actually had good intentions with the creation of this place. At the same time, Q might not be so wrong with the goal of ending humanity. They certainly don't know what they're doing. We'd likely be better off with a computer in charge. Maybe then we'd have less idiots out there." She said with her casual grimace. "But you are certainly not off the hook either Doc, I'm gonna punch you first once I get out of here. And you, spiky haired ape man, I don't want you anywhere near me when we start this final battle. The last thing I need is for some program to suddenly turn out to be evil like every other damn thing in this place."

Shade/Khan

The balloon-dog flew off Shade from the shaking, and seemed momentarily distracted by the shock. At the same time Khan's hammer came down on Jevir. The hammer slammed into the S3's face, and his body went limp instantly. The balloon-dog looked over distraught towards its master, and suddenly one by one each balloon that made up its body burst. In a few moments it was gone entirely.

And the room was bathed in an eerie silence. But not for long.

Suddenly all of the loudspeakers burst to life with the sound of Jevir laughing. More strangely and maniacally than ever before. "I guess this means I'm dead!" The maniac opined in jovial tones. "But I guess we all have to go sometime. Our clock is always ticking, hahahhahaha. Tick. Tock! Tock! Tock!"

And then another tock became apparent. The tock coming from inside Jevir's coat pocked. A heavy and loud... ticking bomb. On its face it read "1:00" and then "59", then "58". A small tunnel door opened in one of the walls of the room, leading upwards.

"Run, friends, run faster!" Jevir's electronic voice laughed. "Run, run, run! Hahahahahaha!"

Firestorm

"Yuki..." The Doctor took a step towards the 'Saiyan'.

"All S3s have core personality traits that define them. We were testing to see what would constitute a true human, what traits would truly make an AI more like us." The holographic doctor shoved both his hands in his pockets and his face seem to grow dim as he spoke further. "The S3s you faced were not always like they are now. There was a time when they were all odd, but noble beings. Our first days of interacting with them after creation showed they wouldn't act like true humans, not enough to be have the creativity to activate the city. But they were not evil. Not malevolent."

The Doctor paced a bit. "Things changed when we explained to them who they were. That they weren't... people. That they lived in this bit of code and could never escape. That they were more or less guinea pigs for the betterment of the world. We knew we had to create the digital equivalent of people to let the City work, but we didn't realize what failure meant for the creatures we made. After they found out they descended into a quiet madness, furthered by the traits we gave them, the traits that defined them; opulence, approach-ability, ambition, mechanical genius. They found their refuge in the prison we inadvertently created for them."

The sky now seemed blotted out with Marauders. "My superiors instructed I destroy them. They suggested they were dangerous if they somehow ever left the system. But I couldn't bring myself to kill them. I gave them this life, it seemed unfair to take it back so easily. So I kept working. Kept trying to make the perfect S3, one that could make all the pain worth it."

A blast of light came suddenly from the north, as the final un-taken district burst into color. The Doctor smiled for a single moment before the grin disappeared. "Looks like your friends have finished the City's last trial. Now we need only wait for them."

He turned back to the group. "Anyway. I finally created my last two S3s; ones that exemplified the logos; the logic, reasoning, and understanding of humans, and the ethos; the emotion, wonder, and brilliant of humans. These two S3s are now who you call Q and Yuki. They were so close to what I wanted. Q was able to reason and understand beyond the capabilities of any S3 before and Yuki showed emotion the like of which we had never seen. Even still, once we ran tests we realized neither were compatible enough with human thinking to enable the City to function. Once, while in testing, I showed both of them various media to test their response to it. Q was relatively reserved, but Yuki deeply bonded with a show called Dragonball Z, and his entire being became shaped around it. He was truly an expression of human enthusiasm and thus he easily mimicked the elements of the TV show. That is why you currently exist a Saiyan."

The Doctor stopped moving for a moment and sighed. The City seemed to be rocked as explosions and attacks occurred in the distance between Dolls and Marauders.

"And then one day came... when Q realized what she was. She realized what her role was. She was too good at analysis, and once she understood her situation she was... understandably unhappy. She refused to communicate with us anymore, and she showed nothing by contempt for me and the other scientists."

He took a moment to look into Yuki's eyes. The eyes of an AI. "But you.... Yuki, she cared for you. Instead of telling you the truth she realized how much it may affect you, and sealed the both of you deep in the database. She gave you what no other S3 had; a life. She created a past for you in hopes you would not slowly like the other AI did. She did all she could to protect you from that, even as that same madness may have infested her. We attempted to get you back, but given the fact that neither of you could activate the City, eventually gave up and moved to S4 development with all we learned from the S3s."

"And so," The Doctor sounded more tired with every word. "Then, after some time passed, Q took control of the City without us realizing. At the time it was filled with the failed, mad, S3s, and even older AI we had tested, who were even less like humans, you know them as Dolls. She came up with a plan to use all of you, as humans, to activate the City with her overseeing it. And now we're here. Now you must bring her mad insurrection to an end, and activate the city for all. You may very well have to fight the S4s, but first you must unlock their stasis, which Q sealed away in her own domain. Once the other two are here I will send you all through. As for if you will make it back... even as the creator of the City I can't say honestly. There's been too many unforeseen developments...."

"All I know is that Q must be stopped, and the City, and with it, all of humanity, can be saved."

Edited by MDSVeritas

"......." Yuki didn't know what or how he felt. He was....Just.....It was a lot to take in for him. It took him a moment to answer.

"....I know." He finally answered. "I finally know." Yuki then walked towards the Doctor, looking at him straight in the eyes. "Doctor. I'm....I'm at a loss of words. I mean....Q actually cared...She cared about me. I realize why she made me think I had a life because....Because she didn't want me to take the same route she did.....It all makes sense...." Tears were filling Yuki's eyes. They began to roll down and fall. "Oh man...Here come the water works again." Yuki chuckled as he wiped them off. "I....I don't feel mad. I don't feel angry. I feel happy. I feel refreshed! I feel invigorated! I feel...." Light was suddenly shining, coming from the bottom of Yuki's shoes. He was starting to smile. "I FEEL AMAZING!! YAHOOO!" Yuki suddenly blasted off into the air. He was using the Sun Jets to fly around. He was going all around. Zig zag, loop de loop, figure 8s, and all those things! Yuki was-

"I! Am! Back!" He said coming down at high speed. He landed back on the ground. One thing is for sure, Yuki was back to his old self. "Heh heh heh! Oh man, I feel SOOO much better! I didn't like that me. That super serious Yuki was like the rip-off of a teenage black Batman with anger issues. Hah hah!" Yuki coiled up his red tail and used it as a spring. "Finally! It all makes sense! Yeah, Q is like, trying to destroy us and all, but now I know she has some heart! Now I'm not all bummed about being an S3! I actually quite like it! Sure, I'm not human, which would be nice, but it still works!" He then used his red spring tail to bounce to right in front of Sora, landing on his feet. "Thanks for sticking up for me Sora. I'm really glad I got to hang out with you guys! ^_^ " Yuki then put his fist on his chest.

"As long as my digitalized heart is still beating, I promise to get all of you guys out of the City!" Yuki then crossed his heart. Then he remembered something. His face turned to Aleysa "Oh! And uh, sword-girl, sorry about that. I'm not myself when I'm...."Serious"." He did the "quote" marks with his fingers. "Now THIS! This is Son Yuki, the red tailed S3 Saiyan! Heh heh heh heh!"

Edited by kingdomhearts45

Shade let the walls she had made crumble away.She looked at her partner." Run ahead,because I want to seal the area off after I go." She told him rather firmly. She knew that she wasn't being the brightest at the moment. However,it was what she wanted to do. Even if it was ricking and silly and seconds were ticking by. "57,56,55" She hated that stupid countdown. It just seemed very silly to even have a bomb that only goes off once you die. 

-Khan Kazuma-

Khan silently delighted in seeing the fool, Jesir, die before him, glad that he died quickly too, as he was quite the annoyance...especially his face. However, once Jevir's voice rung through the room and a bomb in his coat started ticking, he sprung into motion and thought.

He was quite exasperated when Shade suggested remaining back to "seal off the area". "Are you mad, Shade?! That bomb is seconds away from detonation, we must depart post-haste!" He shouted, grabbing her arm and attempting to drag her along to the exit. "Besides, sealing off the area will mean nothing to an explosion!" He added, noting the stupidity of such a plan.

Alysa rolled her eyes at Yuki. "I'm certain that I like you even less now." She looked back to the Doctor. "Lovely story and all, but I have one last question that's been bothering me since you started not being some mysterious hologram. "Why didn't you just put in humans to begin with? I mean, clearly it is possible since we're all here, but instead, you tried making some defective AI. I'm sure you'd find more willing participants than us like that." She asked. The Fencer was anxiously glancing towards the sky as more and more marauders appeared. It was only a matter of time before one landed right there. She wanted to be gone before that happened.

Firestorm

"That's just it..." the Doctor paused.

"I don't know how she got you in here. Obviously we though about having humans build the City like you have but we have never had the ability to transfer consciousness here and actally have it affect the world. But Q had time... And purpose. How she got you in here...We need to find that out after we lay this whole crisis to rest."

The Doctor went silent for some time.

"But know this... I will save you all after this is done. I promise."

Edited by MDSVeritas

-Firestorm-

Sora watched the Marauders falling, and tensed. It felt...it was wrong. It had to be dealt with, and they were standing here. Fear told her to go to Kristy...but her adrenaline said fight.

Then Doctor said...

"...then she'd need to have lured us into a central location, and either get us to wear headsets like in Sword Art Online Orin the range of a digitization beam like Tron...o...or..." she paused. "Doctor, what kind of resources does Q have access to? If we go by pop culture...she could have opened a portal to the real world like in Digimon."

(Okay, attempt number 3 and might need some sleep.)

"That's great to hear."  Kristy said to Yuki with a smile on her face.  She was glad Yuki went back to how she knew him best, she really was.  But her smile didn't last long.  After hearing beforehand of all the extra information on Q, Kristy was feeling blue.  No, it was more like a sense of anger.  The more she heard, the more resentment she had towards Q. Kristy couldn't stand the thought of being one of her tools of a scheme.  Especially if it meant forcing things on others, harming them, or worse.  If everything on Q was true, then Kristy really would want to take her down.  Sora's list of possibilities got Kristy thinking.  All of those sound reasonable to be true.  But if Q did make a device, or several devices, that brought everyone into the City, then there really would be a way to return to reality.  But....Kristy wasn't sure if she'd want to go back.

Shade was dragged up the stairs . She was very glad Kahn Khan was doing it because she rather knew trying to stop the blast was dumb. So he dragged her up and she let him. She was scared of this place at this point. Her mind was racing. She was worried she would really die in this place. Tears dripped down her eyes quickly. She felt so weak and worthless. 

"You know, I ought to send a cloud to that last group to help them out a little." Yuki said. He then took a deep and blew out a rather large Sukai Cloud. "Now you know what to do, right? Find that last group of people and bring them here. Okay Sukai?" The cloud then circled around Yuki in response, showing that it understood. "Okay then! Now Iku Ze! Go Sukai!" Yuki pointed to the direction where the Sukai soon took off, going at high speed with wind blowing behind it. It went up in the air and soon couldn't be seen anymore. "Just bring them back alive and safe! Good luck Sukai!" Yuki yelled out, waving good bye to the cloud.

It didn't long for the large Sukai cloud to find where the last group might be. It swooped down to where the group might exit. Khan and Shade would be able to see the Cloud for it went inside. All they needed to do was to get on it!

"That changes everything!" Alysa exclaimed, her tone indicating how upset she was. "Why should we do anything to help you if you can't guarantee that we can get out of here! That's the whole point!" Alysa continued to rant angrily. She had a life, a life that she had worked very very hard for out there in the real world. And she was not about to just let it go, resign herself to a life inside this rat hole of a program. Alysa tapped her foot anxiously. But what could she do? There was not much else she could aside from follow the Doctor's directive and seek out Q. The Fencer took a deep breath. "Alright fine, I'll help you out. But only because getting squashed by a marauder doesn't sound like as much as murdering Q does." She conceded.

Shade Khan

The laughter echoed down the hallway as the two rushed up from the chamber. Right as they reached the mouth of the tunnel, and it became apparent that the once- pure-white district was now in full color, did the explosion behind them happen. Both were thrown forward with a violent force forward. As they hit the ground though, it become clear that they were well outside the deadly range of the bomb, and both has sustained nothing more than cuts or bruises.

"Congratulations." It was Q. "That's the final trial. Now all that needs to happen is for you to finally find me and make sure the City is activated."

Out of the sky a cloud suddenly flew down to the two. It stopped right before them and sat at a low height where the two may board it.

"And it looks like your far off friends are already calling you. Climb aboard. See you soon."

And with that Q was gone and the ride-able cloud sat before them.

Firestorm

"I understand conditions are not optimal," the Doctor began, "but we still have to act to stop Q. According to some readings, the Sukai has already reached Shade and Khan, they should be here any moment."

The sky got even more filled with Marauders. Somehow the Doctor seemed to be keeping them out of this area for a moment though.

"This is the final move we must make, so be ready to go through this threshold." Then an uncharacteristic silence took the Doctor.

"I should let you know something, by the way... Many of you have had friends disappear over the course of the journey. They have been infected by what we call 'corruption'. Q may have explained it to you, but it spreads quickly so she created a new group just of all the corrupted people and separated you from them so you wouldn't be infected too. The reason the districts have been cleared so fast is because they cleared the north-western districts all themselves. I wanted to let you know they were all still fighting for you..."

Another silence.

"And I... all of their signals went dark a few minutes ago. Corruption... well, the end product is never good. I'm sorry, they just didn't have much time to start with, and its likely the marauders didn't help. Just remember, all those people you've fought with who are now gone... finish this for them. Let us please make their death not have been in vain."

"So...You mean....Le Chef...And Natasha....They're gone?....Even Alider?...." Yuki brought his head down for a moment. He couldn't do anything to help them now. They were gone. He lifted his head back up. "I'll avenge each and every one of them!" Yuki said tightening his fist. "And I won't let this "corruption" get to any of us." But then his expression soon perked up as The Doctor said that Sukai made it to the last group. "That's a relief. I knew that little cloud could do it! Heh heh!" He then put his hands behind his head, looking to be relaxed now. He looked up in the sky, seeing the Marauders falling from the sky. "Those Marauders just won't give up no matter how many times we blow them up. What fun." He said.

-Khan Kazuma-

Khan ran as fast as possible, with Shade in tow with Jevir's almost maddening laughter echoing around them even as they got to the end of the Tunnel, at the end of which showed the formerly colourless city filled with vibrant shades and looking much less...bland.

However, the bomb went off as soon as they exited, the shockwave hurling them forwards hard as Khan's ears rung with white noise while he landed on the ground, sustaining only minor injuries, even though he tumbled upon landing.

"Grrrr...ahh, damn it..." He groaned as he picked himself up and shook off the shock, the ringing in his ears lessening considerably as he looked back to see the Fun House was completely destroyed, its remains burning before him and Jevir's laughter droning slowly into a halt, finally bringing silence aside from the burning and Khan's breathing.

"Shade? Pick yourself up. We're leaving. And Q?! I know you're still listening...I don't trust you, at all! I have my reasons. And activation? You're not going to tell us the purpose of this city?!" He demanded, even as a strange, ridable cloud pulled up to them both. He was not answered, other than the fact that Marauders were descending upon nearby areas with considerable numbers. "To me, Shade. This cloud was sent here by someone other than Q. We must use it. Now!" He said, climbing aboard.

Literally Everyone

The cloud soon descended near the Firestorm team. Shade and Khan were on it, and with their arrival, the entire remaining group of individuals in the City were now, at last, all together.

"Good." The doctor said tersely. "Now I'll begin the preparations to-" suddenly a Marauder pod slammed into the ground a few meters away from the group, then another a few meters closer. The Marauders had found them...

"Damn it!" The doctor scowled as the colorful stone and concrete burst open with each new pod landing. "There's not time, I have to jump you all straight there."

The scene around them was chaos. The sky was just Marauders, the ground was a fierce explosion of violence as the Dolls and Marauders clashed on every block and in every district.

"There's so little time left. Now go; stop Q, save the City, finish this!"

And in a moment the entire chaotic surrounding area was gone. The entire group found themselves in a slightly off-white nothingness that extended in all directions. There was one notable thing in this place, though; the familiar colorful figure from whom color seemed to emanate, whose clothes rippled with changing hues and shifting brightness.

Q.

She was facing away from them, as if her mind was dedicated on another task, but after a few seconds she turned to face them.

"So then... it's come to this. Are you all here to kill me? To finish this? To save your City?"

"That's the plan." Alysa growled at the mastermind. Her hand hovered over her sheathed blade. Her armor clanked as she stepped forward with a snarl. "As for saving this city, I could care less. All I want is to get out of here. If you can manage that, I'm very open to not killing you." She said. Alysa was done with this game between creation and inventor. Being a pawn (though she was certain she was at least a Knight, if not a Rook) was no fun, even if she got to take the queen. All she wanted was to go home, to live the life that she had worked hard for, had made for herself through her blood, sweat and tears. "It's a fair deal. I'd take it if I were you. Then again, I'm not a psychotic AI bent on manipulating innocents for her own goals, so I'm definitely not you."

Yuki clutched his fists as he stared into the eyes of the person who was trying to keep him safe. Q. The one who hid the truth from him. What emotions he felt?.....It was hard to explain.

"Looks like we meet again....Sister." He walked towards Q ever so calmly before stopping in place, right in front of her. "Sister. I have to thank you....For protecting me. It means a lot. But you don't have to go through with this. Please, you must understand. I know humans created us and I know you see humans as a bad thing, but I know more." He stated. "Sure, some humans are bad but I know some have some good in them! Please, listen to reason Sister! I don't want fight you! But....I will....If I have to. I'll stop at nothing to bring these guys, my friends, back home!" Yuki was trying to reason with Q, telling her the truth about humans. He was really trying to avoid a fight. "Please Q. Please, I beg you Sister. Have mercy in your heart. I don't want to fight you, but if you keep going through with this....I'm afraid I won't have a choice..."

"Whoa,wait,what?!" Shade was confused. She had no clue where she was anymore. What was even more confusing was she was seeing Q for the first time along with a group of other people. "What is going on? Is this Q? When did she become evil?!" Sure it true that Q had brought her here and likely the others too,however she had no reason to think Q was evil in any way. Not even the fact she had to fight others because of Q made her evil. It was a misunderstanding,it had to be.