Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Adcock

What exactly is Kingdom Hearts (Not the game the literal Kingdom Hearts)

So I have be thinking about the story of Kingdom hearts and I actually don't exactly understand what exactly Kingdom Hearts is or where it is. I mean I know it's made of the hearts of the worlds and also sometimes the hearts of people or heartless, but that's it, is Kingdom Hearts one thing or is it multiple. Because in BBS Xehanort revealed one, but it disappeared and then in Kingdom Hearts 1 another one is revealed inside the DTD, but was that the same one as the one in BBS or a different one, and if different how was it made. Also there was a completely different one in KH2 that was made from people and if you can just make a Kingdom Hearts out of peoples hearts why doesn't Xehanort do that again instead of this other silly plan to have the lights and darkness fight each other. As you can tell I am ultimately very confused by this and if someone could shed some light (no pun intended) that would be helpful.

As far as I understand it, there is only one true kingdom hearts. It's the blue one seen briefly at the end of BBS. As far as the actual entity that Kingdom Hearts is, I believe it is the composition of all hearts that have, do, and will exist. It is a power normally hidden from view but made manifest during special circumstances. So when kingdom hearts is present your heart exists within you but also as part of kingdom hearts at the same time.

Edited by TerraRedeemed

The combined life-force of everything that exists. If you can somehow control that kind of power, congratulations, you are now God.

Lesser variants (ie. "KH of worlds' hearts" from 1 or "KH of people's hearts" from 2) are artificial attempts to replicate that, with all the granted powers and abilities it implies.

Edited by Ultima Spark

Kingdom Hearts can be thought like a metaphorical concept of the Heart of all worlds. You could think of it like the heart of the Universe itself. What MX is trying to achieve is to forge the X-Blade, which is the key that opens Kingdom Hearts itself. He believes that if Kingdom Hearts appears again, a new keyblade war will begin anew, and the world will be re-created again, like what happened after the original keyblade war, sepparating the worlds never to be joined again

Kingdom Hearts can be thought as a collection of hearts. The Kingdom hearts that Xemnas artificially created was made of the hearts of thousands of people, meanwhile the one that Ansem SoD created at the DTD was a Kingdom hearts of the hearts of the worlds that he destroyed. The one from Xemnas was yellow, and the one from Ansem was black

However, the ''True'' Kingdom Hearts, the heart of all existence, is briefly created as an illusion by MX during the final battle of BBS, that is the blue heart in the keyblade graveyard. If Xehanort can create the Key to open that heart, he can become god of the kh universe

Edited by Fenrissychros

As far as I understand it, there is only one true kingdom hearts. It's the blue one seen briefly at the end of BBS. As far as the actual entity that Kingdom Hearts is, I believe it is the composition of all hearts that have, do, and will exist. It is a power normally hidden from view but made manifest during special circumstances. So when kingdom hearts is present your heart exists within you but also as part of kingdom hearts at the same time.

So would you say the so-called kingdom hearts that destroys Ansem in the first is the Kingdom Hearts from BBS and the one from KH2 was just a fake, but still powerful.

there are three Kingdom Hearts

the door at the end of KH1 full of light

the heart moon Xemnas was making

and the True Kingdom Hearts which is created from the X Blade, but not the X Blade from BBS which was a failed copy, the True X Blade needs to be forged through a clash of thirteen dakrnesses and seven lights

The multiple instances of Kingdom Hearts confuses me too, but here's what I can gather for what Kingdom Hearts actually is: KH has established the heart is the source of someone's or something's existence. You literally cannot exist without a heart, which is why Nobodies were thought to be anomalies before it was revealed they grow their own hearts instead. Kingdom Hearts is supposed to be the greatest source of power because, being the heart of all worlds, it's essentially the center of all existence. If people like Grandpanort manage to somehow take control of Kingdom Hearts, they can shape all of reality to their will and become a god, which is Not A Good Thing.

So would you say the so-called kingdom hearts that destroys Ansem in the first is the Kingdom Hearts from BBS and the one from KH2 was just a fake, but still powerful.

That's right. The one in the original KH and in KHII are fabrications made from hearts gathered from the living. They're powerful but nothing compared to the real thing. The one true kingdom hearts exists along side the living. At least, that's how I understand it. 

Kingdom Hearts is the source from which all hearts spring and to which they all return. Every Kingdom Hearts we've seen in the series thus far has been a fake created through various means. The one in BBS was a copy created though improper forging of the X-Blade which united the hearts of worlds, the one in Kh1 was also created form the hearts of worlds, but these hearts had actively been stolen and the one in KHII was created by stealing peoples hearts.Basically, if a Kingdom Hearts is in any way created by anyone, through any means, then it is a fake, just like how all Keyblades are fake X-blades.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Basically, we have no idea. We know it's the heart of all worlds and can be manifested by either the collection of all the worlds' hearts or enough people's hearts. We know that it has the potential to grant whomever unlocks it unlimited power, knowledge, etc. We know it requires the chi-blade to open, and we know that Kingdom Hearts is made up of light, not darkness.

That's really it. Beyond that, we know bare-nothing about the entity that is known as 'Kingdom Hearts'. It could be a sentient or semi-sentient being, it could be an actual world, we don't know.

Kingdom Hearts is the collection of ALL hearts, as well as the original source of those hearts. It is also considered to be the heart of the original World, or of all worlds in general. Generally, it's absolute. Like, if you were Christian, then imagine if God and Heaven were the same thing. It's both a place and a force. With that in mind, it holds the greatest power imaginable. That said, there is only one TRUE Kingdom Hearts, with the X-Blade as it's counterpart and guardian (it's literal "key"). If Kingdom Hearts is the lock to ultimate power, than the X-Blade is the key to it. But much like how the X-Blade could be copied and imitated (Keyblades and the "X-Blade" forged by Ventus and Vanitas), Kingdom Hearts could also be assimilated and summoned in incomplete ways. The Kingdom Hearts in the first game was made out of the hearts of worlds, and was used primarily as a conduit to summon and use the Door to Darkness to unleash the Heartless horde from the Realm of Darkness upon the Realm of Light. However, since the door was from Kingdom Hearts, it revealed the true light hidden within the great darkness. The Kingdom Hearts in KH2 and 358/2 Days was made out of the hearts of people, living beings that lost their hearts to Heartless. Normally when a Heartless is destroyed by a Keyblade the heart returns to the individual who lost it and they are restored, provided that their body hasn't turned into a Nobody. However, because Xemnas was forcing all of the hearts to return to Kingdom Hearts, they never went back to anyone. This Kingdom Hearts was going to be used to implant hearts in empty individuals. While the "official" plan of the Organization was to obtain hearts of their own from the completed Kingdom Hearts, Xemnas' true plan was to implant all of them with pieces of Xehanort's heart to create the Thirteen Seekers of Darkness. Xemnas also planed to use this Kingdom Hearts for ultimate power over the worlds, much like the Heartless Ansem did. As for the Kingdom Hearts in Birth by Sleep, that was actually the same one that was seen in the first game, just in moon form. However, unlike the first game, where Kingdom Hearts was assimilated of worlds' hearts stolen by the Heartless, this Kingdom Hearts was made by the "X-Blade" gathering and unifying all the worlds' hearts at once. This was a different process and was made with a different goal in mind (actually summoning The Kingdom, as opposed to summoning The Door), so Kingdom Hearts appeared different, blue. This was NOT the true Kingdom Hearts however. The exact logic behind how it works is a mystery, but basically the true Kingdom Hearts from before the Keyblade War sank into the deepest Darkness, taking the true Light with it. Since then, it would seem that it has become possible to summon/construct facsimiles or smaller fractions of its immense power, thus the multiple versions. But while all of the Kingdom Hearts' seen thus far have immense power under the same name, they are but mere reflections and shadows of what the true Kingdom Hearts holds. So once the true X-Blade is forged from Thirteen Darknesses and Seven Lights, the true Kingdom Hearts will awaken and its true power unleashed. <3

So I have be thinking about the story of Kingdom hearts and I actually don't exactly understand what exactly Kingdom Hearts is or where it is. I mean I know it's made of the hearts of the worlds and also sometimes the hearts of people or heartless, but that's it, is Kingdom Hearts one thing or is it multiple. Because in BBS Xehanort revealed one, but it disappeared and then in Kingdom Hearts 1 another one is revealed inside the DTD, but was that the same one as the one in BBS or a different one, and if different how was it made. Also there was a completely different one in KH2 that was made from people and if you can just make a Kingdom Hearts out of peoples hearts why doesn't Xehanort do that again instead of this other silly plan to have the lights and darkness fight each other. As you can tell I am ultimately very confused by this and if someone could shed some light (no pun intended) that would be helpful.

basicly the God of the KH Series