Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shana09

If KH3 has Multiple Playable Characters, it'd be great if they have different playstyles

If KH3 is to have multiple gameplay styles, do you think they should have multiple gameplay styles we've seen throughout the series? Like Command Deck? Sora, Riku, etc. would have Command Menu while Aqua, Ventus, etc. have Command Deck.

It would make it a lot more funner and interesting if only we are to have multiple playable characters.

The only issue I'll have is if they bring back Command Panel (or w.e. its called) from Days since that was awful.

And CoM deck thing wouldn't make sense.

That seems too much. The game should have one main command system and stick too it. They can have different tactics and abilities, but the command system shouldn't be so diverse.

I doubt they'd want to put in the effort to design completely different battle systems for various characters. Plus it would kinda firetruck up the flow of the game- they need to keep the gameplay consistent between characters like they did in BBS or DDD, otherwise it'd get really confusing and annoying to play. They can still give multiple characters different playstyles within whatever battle system, but not totally different mechanics.

I hate to say this, and you can tell me I am wrong for thinking this or whatever else, but I think KH3 should just have Sora as a playable character, because in the KH1 and KH2 the only playable character was Sora and a surprise save by King Mickey, and since this is an actual number title, I think Sora should be the only one playable as it makes the most sense, and I don't think we can handle Sora, Riku, Kairi, Roxas, Xion, Axel/Lea, Terra, Ven, and Aqua all being playable characters and having them all have a different story when visiting the same worlds! I just don't believe even a PS4 can handle that! There is nothing wrong with just having Sora being the main playable character again!

I'm thinking that characters would have different playstyles in the sense that one would be more focused on strength another would be focused on magic. BBS did that with Aqua getting better magic stats, Terra getting good strength but low magic and Ven was kinda balanced (but more faster than the others).

I hate to say this, and you can tell me I am wrong for thinking this or whatever else, but I think KH3 should just have Sora as a playable character, because in the KH1 and KH2 the only playable character was Sora and a surprise save by King Mickey, and since this is an actual number title, I think Sora should be the only one playable as it makes the most sense, and I don't think we can handle Sora, Riku, Kairi, Roxas, Xion, Axel/Lea, Terra, Ven, and Aqua all being playable characters and having them all have a different story when visiting the same worlds! I just don't believe even a PS4 can handle that! There is nothing wrong with just having Sora being the main playable character again!

I agree. Perhaps we might get a different character at the start like we did Roxas, but I see Sora being the playable guy with Donald and Goofy as permanent supports. (The world-exclusive party members still exist though).

I'm thinking that characters would have different playstyles in the sense that one would be more focused on strength another would be focused on magic. BBS did that with Aqua getting better magic stats, Terra getting good strength but low magic and Ven was kinda balanced (but more faster than the others).I agree. Perhaps we might get a different character at the start like we did Roxas, but I see Sora being the playable guy with Donald and Goofy as permanent supports. (The world-exclusive party members still exist though).

(I almost forgot about Roxas until you said something, and I am in a play through of KH2 at the moment! Lol, I need some sleep!)

Let's just stick with the one gameplay style. I mean, between basic skills like melee and magic, and advanced techniques like Free Run, Attraction Flow, Co-op Attacks, Summons, Keyblade Transformation, Flowmotion, the possibility of Drive Forms and whatever other mechanics we have that haven't even been announced yet, I'd say we have plenty of versatility already, especially since each Keyblade apparently has a different set of Transformations. As for multiple playable characters, I think it's going to be limited to Sora and Riku for the most part. We may have Kairi as a tutorial and maybe Lea as a "rescue" (since Mickey is going to be traveling with Riku) but that's it. I would say it should be limited to Sora but I think that's unlikely as both he and Riku have been given explicit mission statements. Sora, Donald and Goofy will be searching for the Key to Return Hearts while Mickey and Riku look for past Keyblade weilders. This was stated by Nomura himself not long after the reveal trailer at E3 2013. Or it might have been Yasue. Either way it was an official statement.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

There's personally only one thing I want.

The main story, with just Sora, and Donald & Goofy as party members.

And an unlockable Xehanort Story which is much shorter, but told from the perspective of Xehanort (it doesn't necessarily have to take place during Sora's story, it can also be stuff he's doing behind the scenes in the earlier games being explained more in depth), where you play as Young Xehanort time traveling and picking the vessels up, and also Ansem SoD, Xemnas and possibly Saix. I just think Xehanort's so much more than a complete monster villain, I think he just wants to prove he's right and he actually thinks he's right, and he got so consumed in it that it became an obsession. I think he literally can't comprehend why everyone opposes his ''liberal'' cause. And considers the good part ''bigots'' or whatever.

I would actually make a fangame about Xehanort like that once I'm better with RPG Maker, Game Maker: Studio or whatever etc :P

That, or add a multiplayer ala Mission Mode except it actually works and would be much cooler, where you can play Sora, Donald and Goofy and a few of the main Xehanorts, and possibly Roxas and Xion :P

Edited by SolsticeBas

Before I state my disagreement, I just want to say that I respect your opinion and that I mean to give no insults, hate or disrespect on you or your opinion. :)

I don't think that Sora should be the only playable character just because this is a numbered title and unfortunately, I don't really see the logic behind this reason. (Again, I mean no disrespect.) I'm pretty sure the PS4 can handle the ability of playing as many different characters, seeing how this is two gaming generations ahead of the PS2 and look how much we could do in Kingdom Hearts 2. The possibilities for KH3 are practically endless. There's nothing wrong with having other characters playable either. We've learned that Sora, Donald and Goofy will be searching for this 'Key to Return Hearts' while Riku and Mickey will be searching for Aqua, Terra and Ventus. Simply watching Riku and Mickey's adventure in cutscenes can make the experience boring compared to actually playing and fighting as these characters. And who knows what the other characters will be doing, cause I highly doubt they'll all be at the same place for the entire game. Sora will obviously get the spotlight since he's the main character, but what about the other characters? They deserve the spotlight just as much as Sora. We've learned that this story is not all about him, there's Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Roxas, Xion, Namine Lea, Aqua, Terra and Ventus. We've seen all these characters and they deserve to have their chance. I'm not saying that all of them should be playable, but we should a good amount to make the experience breath-taking. Imagine the final battle: It has to be amazing with epic proportions. If we were stuck in Sora's shoes then that would mean either: A) The others fight in cutscenes, which would kind of ruin the experience since we would rather actually fight these battles, or B) Sora kicks everyone's butt, which defeats the purpose of having seven lights to begin with.

At first, I'm sorry for my English. I'm not a native speaker but I hope you'll understand what I want to say. :)

Multiple playable characters could be like in GTA 5 (3-4 playable characters. Maybe Sora, Riku, Aqua and Lea). Not in that grand extend but changing the character in certain parts of the story would be cool. Or playing the first walkthrough as Sora and then in the end playing the story again as Riku like CoM. Square Enix can also introduce once again Secret Stories like Aqua's in BBS. So many possibilities. But the main game should be focussed on Sora. Changing the main character would also be cool with just being bonus content.

Edited by NoWay

Sora,Donald,and Goofy as always. Riku and Mickey are a maybe. The others(Aqua,Terra,Ven,Kairi,Lea, and etc.) might be implemented as playable. We already have a lot of diverse combat in the KH3 alone. I don't think we need the BBS story where we have 3 separate stories to understand the entire plot. The only possibility I can see is that they will be party members. Plus, none of this info has been released yet. I wouldn't stress over it too much.