Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tails

I Feel Bad For The Square-Enix Fanbase

They have to wait a decade for their games to come out, they're stuck with buggy/lazy HD ports, they have to deal with the "Please be excited" or "Please wait alittle longer" lines the developers give them constantly, gets lots of news droughts about the game they're excited for, has been getting bad to mediocre Final Fantasy games, and are constantly having Lightning get shoved down their throats.

I'm not trying to be a troll or anything but man the SE fanbase sure has it bad. Though it's not as worse as Capcom and SEGA fanbase has it though.

Edited by Tails

They have to wait a decade for their games to come out, they're stuck with buggy/lazy HD ports, they have to deal with the "Please be excited" or "Please wait alittle longer" lines the developers give them constantly, gets lots of news droughts about the game they're excited for, has been getting bad to mediocre Final Fantasy games, and are constantly having Lightning get shoved down their throats.

I'm not trying to be a troll or anything but man the SE fanbase sure has it bad. Though it's not as worse as Capcom and SEGA fanbase has it though.

You can blame Nomura for all that.

And Toriyama.

Toriyama actually managed to get all his games out in a perfectly playable manner on a medium budget in a very short amount of time and a lot of people actually liked them.

Toriyama actually managed to get all his games out in a perfectly playable manner on a medium budget in a very short amount of time and a lot of people actually liked them.

Yeah but he was the one that tried to make Lightning the next Cloud. Also didn't the FF XIII series receive a lot of backlash?

Yeah but he was the one that tried to make Lightning the next Cloud. Also didn't the FF XIII series receive a lot of backlash?

He tried to make a female version of Cloud correct and Nomura was happy to do so. XIII did due to being linear, but that was Kitase's idea and it was plagued with development issues. They tried making towns and even DLC but development issues meant they couldn't. XIII-2 and LR correctly addressed all criticisms of the first game under a lot smaller budgets. X/X-2 HD was also an amazing HD remaster.

Am I the only one who doesn't really mind the wait for KH3? Yeah I've been waiting for it for a while now but I'm actually pretty patient... I'm completely happy as a Square girl in the fanbase. I'm happy with just knowing that KH3 is coming.As for the HD releases, I haven't played the Remixes yet but I'm pretty sure it's not THAT bad. Yeah, there's the Xemnas reaction command glitch but it isn't game breaking. It's annoying but I can live with it.

Yeah, there aren't that many issues with the HD ReMIXes but there should be some concern since that's the team making KH3.

Am I the only one who doesn't really mind the wait for KH3? Yeah I've been waiting for it for a while now but I'm actually pretty patient... I'm completely happy as a Square girl in the fanbase. I'm happy with just knowing that KH3 is coming.As for the HD releases, I haven't played the Remixes yet but I'm pretty sure it's not THAT bad. Yeah, there's the Xemnas reaction command glitch but it isn't game breaking. It's annoying but I can live with it.

Wel,there is FFXV/Versus XIII too. Also, not only do the reaction commands not work, there are also unneccesary load times and some bug glitches. Just putting that out there. But yeah I agree with you. The HD remixes are not that bad. Heck their best HD remaster iFFX/X-2.

Wel,there is FFXV/Versus XIII too. Also, not only do the reaction commands not work, there are also unneccesary load times and some bug glitches. Just putting that out there. But yeah I agree with you. The HD remixes are not that bad. Heck their best HD remaster iFFX/X-2.

There's also Toriyama's new title, likely to be X-3.

Better than being a Valve fan. At least SE makes games every now and again.

Yes, Motomu Toriyama directed five games between 2007 & 2013 as well as did scenario work for various titles and supervised an amazing HD collection.

Pretty much why I prefer Atlus nowadays

Pretty much why I prefer Atlus nowadays

Atlus are cool if you live in America or Japan. It's a shame that they like to pretend that Europe doesn't exist though.

Edited by KHSoraKeyBlade

Atlus are cool if you live in America or Japan. It's a shame that they like to pretend that Europe doesn't exist though.

Dude,that's because they don't have a European branch,Atlus isn't as big as you think and they do have an excuse for why the EU releases are that late

Dude,that's because they don't have a European branch,Atlus isn't as big as you think and they do have an excuse for why the EU releases are that late

Don't Sega own them though? They could get them to handle European localisations. Heck even they get others to publish the games in Europe most of the time so I don't see why they don't just partner up with someone early on instead of flat out delaying games for up to over a year (in some cases).

Don't Sega own them though? They could get them to handle European localisations. Heck even they get others to publish the games in Europe most of the time so I don't see why they don't just partner up with someone early on instead of flat out delaying games for up to over a year (in some cases).

Yeah but the operate individually and Sega only owned them in late 2013 and even then,Sega is struggling financially too and they only publish Sonic stuff and some licensed Alien games

They do partner with outside publisher but the process is  not as easy or as smooth as you think

And really,if the game ends up being good,isn't that enough to forgive a publisher,let alone a small one,for?Heck importing isn't a bad option

Just do a little comparison of how much critical acclaim Persona 4 got compared to most of Square's games for the past decade especially the XIII trilogy.

Atlus put their heart and soul into their games especially the Persona series and polish every aspect of them not just flashy graphics.

They're not delaying games in Europe just to be mean like what you think,they literally don't have the mean to do it.

Funny how you bring up Persona 4, published by Square Enix in Europe & Australia.

Well cuz like I said,Atlus has no branch in Europe or Australia

And Square has nothing to do with the development of Persona 4,heck back in the SNES era they did publish Breath of Fire by Capcom but they had nothing to do with it

Well cuz like I said,Atlus has no branch in Europe or Australia

And Square has nothing to do with the development of Persona 4,heck back in the SNES era they did publish Breath of Fire by Capcom but they had nothing to do with it

I know, I never said they did.

To be fair, this only relates to the Square side of the company. Enix still makes great games, the only problem is that a lot of them haven't been released outside Japan lately. Hopefully Dragon Quest Heroes will be the first of many DQ games to be localized.

To be fair, this only relates to the Square side of the company. Enix still makes great games, the only problem is that a lot of them haven't been released outside Japan lately. Hopefully Dragon Quest Heroes will be the first of many DQ games to be localized.

One of the two Enix departments mostly just makes arcade games now. Lol.

One of the two Enix departments mostly just makes arcade games now. Lol.

Enix still works on Dragon Quest though, and the Dragon Quest games are fantastic. The fanbase isn't nearly as divided as Final Fantasy's in terms of the quality of games in its respective series.

Enix still works on Dragon Quest though, and the Dragon Quest games are fantastic. The fanbase isn't nearly as divided as Final Fantasy's in terms of the quality of games in its respective series.

The Dragon Quest division also makes Bravely and Nier btw.