Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Kingdomhe

"Kingdom Hearts Sucks" - IGN 2012

They should at least care about doing a thorough job. It's like saying "A construction company can't be expected to care about every beam they place" or "A bakery can't be expected to care about every chocolate cake they make"They aren't doing this in their off time for fun. It's their job so they'd better do it right.

"I'm out in Tokyo, playing games and giving my opinion on them for video that needs to be up in a matter of hours for the biggest gaming website on the Internet." Yeah, they have time to research something they don't care about.

Yeah, but it's less 'not caring' and more actively ruffling feathers just to incite fans, which it what it comes off as. When you work for a gaming journalistic site, one that gives generally favorable reviews of the games, and decide to decry entire characters or even the series itself repeatedly despite that, it just makes you look shallow. It makes the reviews themselves look like shows that they put on to appease the fanboys but they're perfectly happy to speak bad behind everybody's backs. Except, in this case, it's in interviews or other videos where they do it.

So a couple of video people don't care about KH? Big deal.

So a couple of video people don't care about KH? Big deal.

It's not a big deal, until it starts actively affecting their coverage of the series, which was pretty definitively shown when they released that shoddy KHIII Rewind Trailer. I don't care if people who work at IGN don't like KH. People have their own opinions. What I do not appreciate is them A.) talking down to fans as if their opinions are superior and B.) letting their own personal apathy towards it cause neglect when it comes time to actually report on the series.

Edited by Kaweebo

People are free to voice their opinions. Don't lose sleep over it just because someone posted an article like that.Remember, whats good and bad is subjective

The author of the article made it to purposely make the KH fans mad. It worked...for about three minutes. Then everyone stopped caring until "Roxas is a garbage character" and "Xenahort and Eraqueeze" along with "Fragmentary Package" Edited by KeybladeLordSora

It's not a big deal, until it starts actively affecting their coverage of the series, which was pretty definitively shown when they released that shoddy KHIII Rewind Trailer. I don't care if people who work at IGN don't like KH. People have their own opinions. What I do not appreciate is them A.) talking down to fans as if their opinions are superior and B.) letting their own personal apathy towards it cause neglect when it comes time to actually report on the series.

I've seen nothing of the sort. Mitch Dyer's comments about Roxas for example are no big deal.

The author of the article made it to purposely make the KH fans mad. It worked...for about three minutes. Then everyone stopped caring until "Roxas is a garbage character" and "Xenahort and Eraqueeze" along with "Fragmentary Package"

You ever thought they genuinely think it goes like that?

I thought we agreed IGN is a firetrucking joke and barely deserves the time of day.

Seriously beyond their guides for some games IGN isn't worth going to beyond E3 coverage.

I thought we agreed IGN is a firetrucking joke and barely deserves the time of day.Seriously beyond their guides for some games IGN isn't worth going to beyond E3 coverage.

They're the biggest gaming website on the Internet. Lol.

the idea well over at GamersJoint must be running quite dry these days. guess they'll settle for clickbait content.

i think the fact that this article is from 2012 should make it obvious that it's not worth crying over. also because it's...you know.....someone elses opinion. but of course because it was from IGN that means it's pure evil and we all know IGN lives for ruining the good name of KH. 

you know if it's generally assumed by all that IGN does not do a good job of reporting on KH stuff then why do people get so upset over them? It should go like this:"What's this? A poorly constructed report on KH from IGN? Well that's just par for the course! I'll move along now."

bam

These IGN employees just need to do there research to grasp the concept, and walk into with an open mind. Something they've failed to do.

As I keep saying, the one doing the real KH stuff there is a KH fan and is doing perfectly fine.

Ok two things. Yes. Opinions. People have them and that's perfectly fine and acceptable. No need to get worked up.However, one will make this point: if it's literally your job to give an informed opinion of said game you should do your job the best of your ability and at the very least know what you are talking about. IGN has even had to take down stuff somewhat recently because it was that bad. They have no real excuses being a video game site that they do not at least post an informed opinion instead of just carelessly throwing one out there with little regard. It's unprofessional.If someone had a negative opinion about KH but at least knew about the game and was properly informed then I take no issue since everyone has opinions.Let's keep this non-personal guys.

There's we go. Keyword: Unprofessionalism. Why would I bother reading a review if they barley have a clue on what the game is about? At least know the fundamentals for crying out loud. I don't give a firetruck if IGN is the "biggest gaming website in the world." Biggest gaming site =/= everything they do is good.

Ok two things. Yes. Opinions. People have them and that's perfectly fine and acceptable. No need to get worked up.

However, one will make this point: if it's literally your job to give an informed opinion of said game you should do your job the best of your ability and at the very least know what you are talking about. IGN has even had to take down stuff somewhat recently because it was that bad. They have no real excuses being a video game site that they do not at least post an informed opinion instead of just carelessly throwing one out there with little regard. It's unprofessional.

If someone had a negative opinion about KH but at least knew about the game and was properly informed then I take no issue since everyone has opinions.

Let's keep this non-personal guys.

YEAH! YOU HEARD WHAT SHE SAID! Let's keep this thing peaceful, and civil guys. Otherwise we may just have to release a Weedanort on you. And we all know we don't want that now do we?

Edited by Aang

There's we go. Keyword: Unprofessionalism.Why would I bother reading a review if they barley have a clue on what the game is about? At least know the fundamentals for crying out loud. I don't give a firetruck if IGN is the "biggest gaming website in the world." Biggest gaming site =/= everything they do is good.

There's nothing wrong with their reviews. Seriously. Look at them. They praise the KH games. They even gave Re:coded an 8.0. The lowest they have ever given a KH game is 7.6.

There's nothing wrong with their reviews. Seriously. Look at them. They praise the KH games. They even gave Re:coded an 8.0. The lowest they have ever given a KH game is 7.6.

My point still stands. I don't mind opinions, but I generally dislike when people pull opinions with no thought/knowledge about the subject.

My point still stands. I don't mind opinions, but I generally dislike when people pull opinions with no thought/knowledge about the subject.

Give me one example then? This article the topic is discussing? That guy doesn't work for IGN and it's over 3 years old. The guy who made that Roxas comment? Well it's TGS, it's either they give an opinion of 2.5 or they don't.

Honestly, the article in question isn't even that bad. It even had quite a few decent points that were relevant before the remixes & KH3 were confirmed. Where it slips up, however, make it lose a ton of credibility. First off, giving an example of bad nonsensical dialogue and putting out Kairi's letter, which if I'm not mistaken was meant to read like a poem. That right there is giving no context to a quote and making something seem worse than it actually is. Also, it's ironic to say the least that he mentions that everything outside the disney worlds is poorly written, when often times it's actually the opposite way around, at least in terms of dialogue.

IGN is actually mostly okay in regards to KH now, at least IMO. But this guy...

Honestly, Gamerjoints videos are now clickbait or just has useless information.

Still better than HMK, though. That guy... I can't take him seriously at all.

Give me one example then? This article the topic is discussing? That guy doesn't work for IGN and it's over 3 years old. The guy who made that Roxas comment? Well it's TGS, it's either they give an opinion of 2.5 or they don't.

Other old reviews, such as Megaman Battle Network, Starforce, and the infamous (already noted) ORAS. Also I watch reviews from Youtubers that know what their talking about, so I have little to no incentive to go to IGN for reviews.

Other old reviews, such as Megaman Battle Network, Starforce, and the infamous (already noted) ORAS.Also I watch reviews from Youtubers that know what their talking about, so I have little to no incentive to go to IGN for reviews.

Pokemon was a freelancer and even they joke about it.

Exactly. If you are uninformed it completely undermines and invalidates said opinion.

What about the KH3 trailer review they did that got taken down and I believe redone bc of outrage?

Forgive me if my memory fails me since I do not follow IGN much but I recall that happening in the recent past.

I have no idea about this trailer review.

No opinionated website will ever be perfect. People just hate on IGN because they're the biggest. GameSpot has done their load of shit too.

No opinionated website will ever be perfect. People just hate on IGN because they're the biggest. GameSpot has done their load of shit too.

Already know that. Still on IGN's site, someone had to approve it. 

Gamespot still a thing? lol (I know it exist, but still...)

Welp that point still stands though. I recall the outrage on the site when it occurred.

Opinions opinions opinions is what this comes down to and most people prefer them to be informed opinions. This could apply to any of the sites. I am an equal opportunity hater  :)

Remember when they said that 358 was about Sora's heartless at a school? Or when they said "A Fragmentary Package"? Or that time when we got XENAHORT AND ERAQUEEZE?

The girl who said Xenahort and Eraqueeze claims that it was because she was nervous given that it was her first time doing something like that on IGN. I actually kind of believe her, the latest article she wrote about KH was actually informative, and clearly showed someone who knew the series wrote it.