Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Drake'ro

Marvel Heroes & Star Wars Jedis

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see Marvel/Star Wars stuff in KHIII?

• No, Marvel & Star Wars stuff don't fit the magic atmosphere of KH saga
    • Yes, it could be a good idea
    • I don't really know
    • I'm just confused about it

Ok, I know that this argument is not that "fresh" for the Kingdom Hearts community, we've talked alot about it in the previous months, but I just wanna discuss about it once again and share my opinion with ya.

We know that The Walt Disney Company bought Marvel & Lucasfilm, respectively in 2009 and 2012. That means that Disney is able to use Marvel & Lucasfilm licenses as it wants. In fact you can find Marvel & Star Wars merchandise in Disney Stores.

I just wanna put something in clear 'cause part of the global community of Kingdom Hearts think that Marvel & Star Wars ARE Disney. In part is right 'cause as we know Disney bought both brands, but at the other side I don't see any "Walt Disney" sign on Marvel/Star Wars comics, movies etc. That's why Marvel & Star Wars staffers are still workin' on their own projects in a "separate way" from Disney.

Also, Fiat group bought Ferrari S.p.A but Ferrari products are still Ferrari and not Fiat.

I hope that y'all have received my message, you know what I mean?

If we wanna analize Marvel & Star Wars stuff in a deep analysis, we'll notice the evident difference between Disney and these two brands, even if Star Wars saga is more near than Marvel franchise to the Universe of Kingdom Hearts and Disney 'cause as we know we already have three worlds that are based on live action movies (I'm talking about Port Royal, Space Paranoids and The Grid).

Even if Marvel has got live action movies too, the typology of them are quite different than Star Wars ones. Just look at the atmopshere of them, you can feel different vibes when you're watching a Marvel movie.

At the end I don't wanna see any of this stuff in KHIII, I think that they will ruin the Kingdom Hearts atmosphere. These are just my opinions.

Lemme know yours!

Edited by Drake'ro

Even though I'm a huge Star Wars and Marvel fan, I have to admit that I was quite skeptical of seeing these brands enter the Kingdom Hearts Universe!  But over time, I've actually warmed up to the idea, and well, I don't see how it could hurt for Square to try to implement these universes into Kingdom Hearts!  Heck, Big Hero 6, a Marvel property, is making its way to Kingdom Hearts III, isn't it? :)

What I'm saying is that if Nomura decides to implement more of the Marvel and Star Wars Universes into Kingdom Hearts in the future, I'm sure he'd do the properties justice, all while retaining the magic that makes Kingdom Hearts as a whole, special, ya know? :)

Marvel and LucasFilm are NOT Disney. They are simply Disney property. But that does not mean that Disney can just use the characters as they wish. They are still their own companies. They choose whether or not to be involved in KH. And I honestly prefer they reject any proposal. It was honestly a terrible idea from the beginning.

Even though I'm a huge Star Wars and Marvel fan, I have to admit that I was quite skeptical of seeing these brands enter the Kingdom Hearts Universe!  But over time, I've actually warmed up to the idea, and well, I don't see how it could hurt for Square to try to implement these universes into Kingdom Hearts!  Heck, Big Hero 6, a Marvel property, is making its way to Kingdom Hearts III, isn't it? :) What I'm saying is that if Nomura decides to implement more of the Marvel and Star Wars Universes into Kingdom Hearts in the future, I'm sure he'd do the properties justice, all while retaining the magic that makes Kingdom Hearts as a whole, special, ya know? :)

Disney Big Hero 6 is a Disney property, even if the movie is inspired by the original Marvel Comics superhero of the same name. Do you see any difference between Marvel Big Hero 6 and Disney Big Hero 6?Just take a look to the following two pics:Marvel BaymaxDisney BaymaxComparisionI see a lot of differences between them. Honestly, Disney makes its own stuff more magic, even when they drop movies like Pirates of the Caribbean. Also, Disney movies are about arguments like friendships, what is right and what is not right and something like this, while Marvel movies are about destruction, corrupt systems, killing people, aliens that want to destroy the earth etc.Either brands are good (In fact I'm a huge Deadpool fan), but they follow different ways to tell a story, with a different style to create their own characters etc. You know what I'm sayin' bruh?Imagine if Iron man was a Disney character. How would he be?Also, Walt Disney's Pinocchio is based on the Italian children's novel The Adventures of Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi, that does not mean that the movies is a property of Carlo Collodi.

Disney Big Hero 6 is a Disney property, even if the movie is inspired by the original Marvel Comics superhero of the same name. Do you see any difference between Marvel Big Hero 6 and Disney Big Hero 6?Just take a look to the following two pics:Marvel BaymaxDisney BaymaxComparisionI see a lot of differences between them. Honestly, Disney makes its own stuff more magic, even when they drop movies like Pirates of the Caribbean. Also, Disney movies are about arguments like friendships, what is right and what is not right and something like this, while Marvel movies are about destruction, corrupt systems, killing people, aliens that want to destroy the earth etc.Either brands are good (In fact I'm a huge Deadpool fan), but they follow different ways to tell a story, with a different style to create their own characters etc. You know what I'm sayin' bruh?Imagine if Iron man was a Disney character. How would he be?Also, Walt Disney's Pinocchio is based on the Italian children's novel The Adventures of Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi, that does not mean that the movies is a property of Carlo Collodi.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. (Loved the Marvel version of the team, by the way, they look beast!  The Disney version looks badass too, don't get me wrong! :3) But I'm saying that if Nomura somehow finds a way to implement these different Universes successfully into the Kingdom Hearts Universe at some point, there's no doubt that it'll be awesome!  I'm pretty sure Nomura would know what to take and not take when implementing the philosophies of these other Universes. He is a genius, after all! :3

So instead of why, let's ask ourselves, why not? :3  After all, once upon a time, 13 years ago, people thought that the idea of Disney and Square Enix meshing together for a video game sounded absurd!  So yeah! Anything is possible! :)

Yeah, I get what you're saying. (Loved the Marvel version of the team, by the way, they look beast!  The Disney version looks badass too, don't get me wrong! :3) But I'm saying that if Nomura somehow finds a way to implement these different Universes successfully into the Kingdom Hearts Universe at some point, there's no doubt that it'll be awesome!  I'm pretty sure Nomura would know what to take and not take when implementing the philosophies of these other Universes. He is a genius, after all! :3 So instead of why, let's ask ourselves, why not? :3  After all, once upon a time, 13 years ago, people thought that the idea of Disney and Square Enix meshing together for a video game sounded absurd!  So yeah! Anything is possible! :)

I know that Nomura knows how to put all this stuff together in the same contest, but we gotta remember that Kingdom Hearts is a crossover between the Square Enix Universe and the Disney Universe, that is what counts. There are other great crossovers where the Marvel Universe can fit, for example there's the crossover between Marvel heroes and Attack on Titan which is very awesome.Kingdom Hearts ain't a mashup, everything is possible if Nomura wants to mix all these things, so why not include Nintendo characters too? They are more closed to the KH style than Marvel heroes. Jus' sayin'. You know better that they won't fit the saga too. It's like mix Nutella and a dish of fish together, it doesn't work. It's the same for Marvel in the Kingdom Hearts saga.

I know that Nomura knows how to put all this stuff together in the same contest, but we gotta remember that Kingdom Hearts is a crossover between the Square Enix Universe and the Disney Universe, that is what counts. There are other great crossovers where the Marvel Universe can fit, for example there's the crossover between Marvel heroes and Attack on Titan which is very awesome.Kingdom Hearts ain't a mashup, everything is possible if Nomura wants to mix all these things, so why not include Nintendo characters too? They are more closed to the KH style than Marvel heroes. Jus' sayin'. You know better that they won't fit the saga too. It's like mix Nutella and a dish of fish together, it doesn't work. It's the same for Marvel in the Kingdom Hearts saga.

Well, it's definitely something interesting to think about, eh?  Who knows what'll happen? :3

Marvel and LucasFilm are NOT Disney. They are simply Disney property. But that does not mean that Disney can just use the characters as they wish. They are still their own companies. They choose whether or not to be involved in KH. And I honestly prefer they reject any proposal. It was honestly a terrible idea from the beginning.

Well, actually yes, they can. I remember that KH Online deleted game that was originaly going to have a The Clone Wars-based world. Disney just left creative freedom to Marvel and LucasFilm, but they belongs to Disney, so they can be in KH.

Otherwise, I hope they don't appear. I would like some cameos, like boss battles o summons, but not an entire world. Expecially a Marvel-world, would be insane. What the hell should do Sora when there are Hulk and Thor?

Well, actually yes, they can. I remember that KH Online deleted game that was originaly going to have a The Clone Wars-based world. Disney just left creative freedom to Marvel and LucasFilm, but they belongs to Disney, so they can be in KH. Otherwise, I hope they don't appear. I would like some cameos, like boss battles o summons, but not an entire world. Expecially a Marvel-world, would be insane. What the hell should do Sora when there are Hulk and Thor?

Boss battles, summons, cameos and probably even Easter Eggs are likely, but don't count on it. Remember the characters still remain property of Marvel and LucasFilm. Plus, there is too much story for it to be in KH. I would like KH to remain straightforward and simple. But if they were to be included in KH: no worlds.

To the people that say Marvels to violent: What if they use 1970's era Spiderman? The one from the cartoons. He'd never hurt a fly. He'd make a fully functional motor boat out of webs and save a kid named Billy from the conquistador. True story.

And for Star Wars I just want a Darth Vader secret/optional fight. Like with Sephiroth. And you should get a sweet lightsaber themed keyblade for beating him.

The point is, they still have to go and ask permission from their respective leaders. Why do you think that Disney Infinity had different for the sake of it. People keep seeing the idea of going to the death star with Sora but in reality Lucasfilm would pick go with rebels because of the potential outcome of ruining the OT (take a look at the hate of the Disney characters as the Star Wars cast, funny, but majority don't like it). And lets say that they do allow Marvel Outside Big Hero 6, but they will use the animation universe because, Marvel Studios rarely allows anyone to see anything, and they wont use any property that isn't owned by Marvel (film rights), so no X-Men and Fantastic Four.

I can expect items, secret bosses in their respective locations (like how the Lingering Will takes place in the K. Graveyard) and summons, but don't expect worlds.

No.  These were franchises bought by Disney, not made.  They also don't have that same magic as the animated Disney films do..  On a side note, I did always find the worlds that were created from Live Action Disney movies to look and feel weird in the games, for example: Tron and Pirates of the Caribbean. Looks funny too.