Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
khfan4life

What's up with Yen Sid! (Possible Spoilers)

I Think Yen Sid is the M.O.M...Because they can both see the future plus (Yen Sid) was a keyblade wielder but can't/ won't use it...why is that? ...not only that but the M.O.M would be really old by now... Also the M.O.M said (May Your Heart Be Your Guiding Key) Which According too Goofy is what Yen Sid would say too them before a really important Adventure.... I would really like too here what you all think.

1. Yen Sid can't see the future.
  2. Yen Sid can probably still wield his Keyblade, which is probably Star Seeker (at least that's what I think), but he chose to doft the mantle of Keyblade Master, for whatever reason it may be.
  3. The events of Chi took place many, many, many years before the events of the other games. The Master of Masters would be dead if he just aged from Chi to DDD.
  4. While Goofy said that Yen Sid told them this, Donald doesn't remember him telling him that. And just because he said it, doesn't mean Yen Sid is the Master of Masters. That phrase has been passed down and others know this phrase as well; Mickey and Aqua.

I Think Yen Sid is the M.O.M...Because they can both see the future plus (Yen Sid) was a keyblade wielder but can't/ won't use it...why is that? ...not only that but the M.O.M would be really old by now... Also the M.O.M said (May Your Heart Be Your Guiding Key) Which According too Goofy is what Yen Sid would say too them before a really important Adventure.... I would really like too here what you all think.

Except Yen Sid CAN'T see the future, otherwise he would have seen Xehanort's plan in DDD coming a mile away, and he was clearly surprised at Xehanort's actions, so he didn't forsee that happening (he doesn't come off as the dickish type to mislead people either). Yen Sid chooses not to wield the Keyblade because he's RETIRED, he chooses to be an overseer instead, occasionally teaching the next generation of Keyblade wielders instead of being an active one. It's not like he has to use a Keyblade when he doesn't want to. And "May your heart be your guiding key" is supposed to be a saying that all Keyblade wielders once said at some point (Mickey freaking said so in 0.2). Yeah, MoM started it, but it would have gotten passed down through the generations since then from Luxu, his apprentices, their apprentices, and so on, until Yen Sid, Eraqus, and even Xehanort would have heard it at least once in their lives. But as Keyblade wielders seemingly became more scarce, the phrase would have become less and less used and died out. The only suspicious thing is that Goofy and Donald can't come to a consensus as to whether Yen Sid ever actually said that to them at any point or not, but it might mean nothing at all (they didn't even remember what Yen Sid's tower looked like in the 10 years since they were last there or which royal mouse banished Pete, I doubt they're going to agree on remembering one thing the guy said probably a handful of times).

In short, there's not enough sufficient evidence to point to Yen Sid being the Master of Masters.

Possible spoilers here, people!

Well, I don't think old Yen Sid is me, for the reason that I would probably be long gone by the time Sora and Riku's Mark Of Mastery took place! Goofy saying my catchphrase was purely a matter of it being passed down along the generations! Like the others here have said, they probably heard it at some point in their lives! And besides, Yen Sid is an overseer of the balance between light and darkness! I wouldn't be the type of guy to just sit down and keep balance on things!

Nope, not possible! :3

Edited by The Transcendent Key

One of the first things Chirithy says in xBackcover is "Long, long ago all the worlds were still one. One day this would be called the age of fairy tales." i.e The master is most likely dead. xD

I like to think of "All the worlds were still one" as Pangea (those who dont know, Pangea is all the continents as one) because someone mentions before that the worlds used to be connected.

1. Yen Sid can't see the future.
  2. Yen Sid can probably still wield his Keyblade, which is probably Star Seeker (at least that's what I think), but he chose to doft the mantle of Keyblade Master, for whatever reason it may be.
  3. The events of Chi took place many, many, many years before the events of the other games. The Master of Masters would be dead if he just aged from Chi to DDD.
  4. While Goofy said that Yen Sid told them this, Donald doesn't remember him telling him that. And just because he said it, doesn't mean Yen Sid is the Master of Masters. That phrase has been passed down and others know this phrase as well; Mickey and Aqua.

The "May your heart be your guiding key" is more or less KH's version of "May the Force be with you"

A phrase passed down through many generations be it keyblade wielders or normal people 

As for Goofy knowing it...........well ever since KH2 he's been ironically the voice of reason for the group xD

One of the first things Chirithy says in xBackcover is "Long, long ago all the worlds were still one. One day this would be called the age of fairy tales." i.e The master is most likely dead. xD

I like to think of "All the worlds were still one" as Pangea (those who dont know, Pangea is all the continents as one) because someone mentions before that the worlds used to be connected.

It makes sense, BUT what about the scene where Master Ava tells the dandelions to flee to the outside worlds?