Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
hatok

KH2 Something everybody seems to leave out of the Riku/Kairi reaction thing

I'm sure enarly everyone on this forum is familiar with the argument that Sora is gay for Riku, because he cries when he meets him, but not Kairi.

But the thing everybody seems to forget is that Sora see's Kairi long before Riku, and Axel already revealed that she was alive. The shock of finding Kairi would have long since subsided, considering Sora fights whole bosses before finally reuniting with her.

Meanwhile, as far as Sora knew, Riku had been killed by Roxas. Even when Sora meets Riku, he appears as Ansem, and it's revealed that it was at least partly Sora's fault for that.

In short, Sara has far more motivation to cry after finally finding his though to be dead friend than his friend who he knew was alive, and was just being kept prisoner.

THANK YOU!

I can't stand that people actually think they're gay.

I mean, would Disney really allow for gay couples in the first place? NO!

Also, AkuRoku bugs me.

They're best friends. They aren't gay.

Can't two guys be best friends without being gay anymore? >=/

I have to agree with hatok. There is nothing wrong with being gay. However, I believe that Sora is not gay. After all, you have to look back long to Kingdom Hearts I and II. In I, Sora thought that Riku was lost to Darkness. Kairi, he knew, was fine. Therefore, it stands to reason that when Riku was revealed back into the game, that Sora cried because he was glad to find his friend again.

And one last thought. For those of you who think that being gay is wrong or sick, let me tell you a piece of advice. Get over yourself. It's not healthy to have a holier-than-thou attitude, especially about something as trivial as this

I completly agree with that, it would be weirder if Sora DIDN'T have any emotional breakdown after that. Also with the Terra/Ven thing, the whole little brother/big brother vibe shows alot throughout the game.

*cough*butIstilllovethosetwopairings*cough* I basically see it in the obvious normal gamer way....and in my little fangirl fantasy way. -hides- > >;;

I completly agree with that, it would be weirder if Sora DIDN'T have any emotional breakdown after that. Also with the Terra/Ven thing, the whole little brother/big brother vibe shows alot throughout the game.

*cough*butIstilllovethosetwopairings*cough* I basically see it in the obvious normal gamer way....and in my little fangirl fantasy way. -hides- > >;;

That's all well and good, it's more annoying when people try and act like it's canon to the story (When Sora X Kairi is barely even that.)

Makes you wonder why it's apparently wrong for two males to just be friends in this series. Anyways, thanks for mentioning that. It's all true; Sora's reason for crying over Riku was completely justified due to:

1. Believing that he was dead

2. Seeing what he had become, and everything he had gone through

3. Finally finding him again after over a year

There is no arguement, Sora isn't gay. Sora is full of light not darkness. And it wouldn't be very good to have a hero that is going to hell.

Dude, this isn't a straight VS gay argument.

Besides, Sora has darkness in him. Just a little, but darkness nevertheless. How else would he have been able to become a Heartless?

I agree as well, another thing that annoys me is the ven/terra I've seen, terra's more of a big brother, and I don't think disney believes in pedophillia.

Technically it's not pedophilia, but I get what you're saying. But pedophilia would imply that Terra's only interested in Ven sexually because of his age, and that's not the case. Besides, there's only like a 3 year difference between them, as opposed to the most often used argument against yaoi, AkuRoku (Axel in the novels imply that he's 24, Roxas at the time being 14).

In regards to the gay comment, Disney is actually pushing pro-gay.

Lol, I remember when I made that comment in a someone's thread about what Organization member would do or say when Roxas asks them what yaoi is, and people thought I liked yaoi because the answers I gave were in-character xD

I don't want this to turn into some topic about how homosexuality is wrong, and god will smite them etc.

Please stop.

There's nothing wrong with it.

I have no problems with homosexuals.

In fact, I have an uncle that is gay and several friends that are gay or bi, and I love them all very much.

Sorry if it seemed that I was bagging on them. =(

I don't want this to turn into some topic about how homosexuality is wrong, and god will smite them etc.

Please stop.

In fact, I have an uncle that is gay and several friends that are gay or bi, and I love them all very much.

I think they were refering to my comment. You didn't do anything wrong. Apparently it's alright to express a nuetral opinion about things, but picking sides is a bad thing.Just to let you all know, I didn't mean what I said. I like to say things to test the reactions of people. All though it's hard to tell these kind of things over the internet, I'm dissapointed in the result some of you have shown me. Although you disagree with an opinion, that doesn't make it right to say anything is wrong, and in turn, saying yours is right. The best thing to have done was to ignore the slightly off topic response and stick with the thread.

Also, it stinks that just because a boy cries for another boy, people decide that makes him gay. Sora was showing a perfectly acceptable behavior to seeing his FRIEND after a year. Not to mention that King Mickey,and everyone else who had an idea, keeping silent to Sora about Riku. It would give anyone a bad feeling and most likely think the worst.

There is no arguement, Sora isn't gay. Sora is full of light not darkness. And it wouldn't be very good to have a hero that is going to hell.

What does light or darkness have to do with their sexuality, honestly?

...You know what? If gay kids go to hell, then I'll see you there. ;D

I don't like the soriku pairing very much, but I definately see it. As in I can understand why people would think that. I think that they do things such as making sora cry when he sees riku on purpose to an extent, because its smart marketing. It brings in a bunch of yaoi fangirls, which is a good way to make money.

No need to worry about it leave the soraxriku thing to the fangirls or something if you think there gay then thats what you think if you think there not then thats what you think.But anyway the point is it doesn't matter what you think it's based on the fact if they make him gay or not on the game if he kisses riku in the game then he's gay if he kisses kairi then he not gay i wouldn't care tell you the truth if a game badass i would play it even if the main character is gay it's all about the story but thats how i feel about it.

No need to worry about it leave the soraxriku thing to the fangirls or something if you think there gay then thats what you think if you think there not then thats what you think.But anyway the point is it doesn't matter what you think it's based on the fact if they make him gay or not on the game if he kisses riku in the game then he's gay if he kisses kairi then he not gay i wouldn't care tell you the truth if a game badass i would play it even if the main character is gay it's all about the story but thats how i feel about it.

Nicely said.

Please stop.

I think they were refering to my comment. You didn't do anything wrong. Apparently it's alright to express a nuetral opinion about things, but picking sides is a bad thing.Just to let you all know, I didn't mean what I said. I like to say things to test the reactions of people. All though it's hard to tell these kind of things over the internet, I'm dissapointed in the result some of you have shown me. Although you disagree with an opinion, that doesn't make it right to say anything is wrong, and in turn, saying yours is right. The best thing to have done was to ignore the slightly off topic response and stick with the thread.

Also, it stinks that just because a boy cries for another boy, people decide that makes him gay. Sora was showing a perfectly acceptable behavior to seeing his FRIEND after a year. Not to mention that King Mickey,and everyone else who had an idea, keeping silent to Sora about Riku. It would give anyone a bad feeling and most likely think the worst.

I... no.

This is a horrible post.

'Testing reactions'? So, essentially, you like to go around trolling people by posting really controversial stuff? (And yes, that is trolling)

It's no longer an 'opinion to hate an entire class of people, and say they will go to hell. That's just racism.

You're disappointed in this result your 'experiment' has shown you? Of what, people defending individual rights?

I don't even know what words I can sue to describe how bad this post is.

See you next experiment.

......Didn't Nomura say there are no actual parings? And that he prefered the fans to interpret things as they saw fit?? .....So should it really truly matter who likes who in the series? > >;

Yes he did. Which is why even Sora and Kairi's seemingly forced pairing doesn't appear to go further than "close friends".

i agree, im mean, sora thought that riku was DEAD! wouldn't you cry if you thought that your best friend DIED and then you see this person ALIVE!?! i know i would. god and why to people think that sora and riku are gay? are the yaoi fans? GROSS!

I didn't read the whole thread but, let's do it in topics

1 - there are no pairings in KH and I hope that won't ever be

2 - the thing about Sora beeing gay for Riku is just a... "joke". something to satiate fangirls (and boys) perversions

like, there's also Kairi x Tifa yuri, but you that this isn't truth, right?

3 - homosexuality is fricking awsome <3 xD (and I really think that Nomura's gay lol)

Yeah, I agree.

It's not that I don't like yaoi, but I personally don't like that pairing & sick of everyone talking about how gay they are.

I don't hate fanart & doujinshi of them, fans can dream, but there's a storyline to follow in reality.

Even though I prefer Sora x Namine, we all know Sora loves Kairi.