Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Look I am one of those people apparently that finds Toy Story not that interesting and yes I did see them when I was younger but I just thought it were fun movies hell my least favorite is the third one.

But my question today is how can the toys life? I can understand pinocchio because he was enchanted individuel so I always thought when I was little that his emotions and well other things to be related with magic, I also assumed that Tron could go grow a heart because of his AI evolved to a real person I could understand that... But how do the Toys get a heart or is it just part of that world? but if that is true why don't have Sora's toys in his rooms life if it is possible in the universe? Now I think about it they are probably jumping around and having party's since Sora is gone if they have a heart xD.

Edited by AwesomeKHfan

It's a fantasy universe. In a fantasy universe pretty much anything is possible. Toy Story lives in a world where toys can come to life, Cars lives in a world where cars can come to life and no need for humans. Just like Felixx said they all have their own universe with their own rules. It's a fantasy world. Hey even in the Kingdom Hearts universe puppets can grow hearts just like Nobodies can grow hearts. If puppets can grow hearts than toys can grow hearts as well.

I'm going to give you the rough idea I came up with for how the toys in Toy Story, since Pixar will never give you a reason.

The kid gives the toy their heart. Toys are a blank state when they are first made, and the kids give them their life. This sort of explains how and why characters act a certain way. Buzz believes he's a Space Ranger because Andy's a big fan of the show and obviously plays with him as if Buzz was the same Buzz from the TV show. This also explains the other Buzz Lightyear we meet in Toy Story 2, as any passing kid would've done the same thing.
Woody doesn't know he's from a TV show since either Andy or Andy's father (Pixar has confirmed that Woody was the last gift Andy's dad gave Andy) had no idea of the show's existence. Stinky Pete is incredibly cynical because Al probably projected some of his kid hate (as the inspiration for TS2 proves, kids are the ultimate nightmare for a toy collector) onto him.

I'm sure they'll go into it a bit in KH3, as the discussion of hearts filling vessels already seems quite prevalent from Young Xehanort's speech in the trailer.

Also, fair note that this doesn't work out perfectly. Not every toy follows this theory exactly (Rex in particular comes to mind), and I'm aware of that. Just thought I'd put my thoughts out there.

Fool. That's funny you didn't like Toy Story 3. It's considered an exceptionally well-made film.

Each world has their own rules. In the Toy Story world, toys are alive. In Sora's original world, toys aren't alive. Pirates of the Caribbean's medallions only work on those from that world.

In the universe of Kingdom Hearts, anything can grow a heart. That was one of the main points of Dream Drop Distance. Nobodies, Replicas, puppets, data, and yes, even toys, can grow hearts.

In the Toy Story universe I'm assuming that toys are simply alive.  I don't think there's any true scientific reason behind it other than it being factual for the world.  Like a lot of fantasy, some things just don't seem practical or make sense, but that is what separates it from reality, I suppose.

"How can the toys live" you ask? Ever heard of imagination or going along with it? That's what the inner child is. Fantasy is supposed to be that way. That's like asking how can mice, dogs, ducks, cats and so on talk.

Then Sid must have some big imagination

Every world can be explained they are just travelling between dimensions :).

Then Sid must have some big imagination

Every world can be explained they are just travelling between dimensions :).

Well, the filmmakers did say that he could grow up to be an animator...before he grew up to be a garbage man. Animation requires imagination.

In all seriousness, though, what is the point of trying to be logical with the premises of Pixar films? In fact, explaining those particular things just kind of takes away some of the fun.

Suspension of disbelief is pretty easy for some things. I think we all know that, given what brought us all to this site