Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think This Is A New Smash?

• Definitely!
    • Not A Chance!

And so the journey begins! It may be somewhat short because it is coming out this year apparently. The reason this is gonna be a separate topic is because I am one of the many who do believe it's an entirely new Smash. 

Too many things line up and a lot of things just don't add up to this being a port. For starters, Link is now his Breath of the Wild variation and that could change the entire character as a whole in Smash. The new logo is clean and definitely isn't final. We don't have a huge clue on what the roster could definitely be, but we do have a few ideas from the silhouettes. The full title for it is a working title, so it probably won't even be called Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo Switch. This trailer was too secretive to be a port. 

Anyway, the topic is a general means of discussion for all things Super Smash Bros. on the Switch. I will be updating it with new details as they come about. 

Edited by Hero of Winds

Yeah I thought it was a port when I first saw that teaser trailer but then after the fact I thought that actually its a brand new Smash game. :) honestly I think I'm equally excited about Smash Bros on Switch either way. 

botw look or not they aint changing links moveset that much, they just dont do that

there does seem to be evidence both for and against it being a port, to bad well probably have to wait til e3 to know for sure

I don't think it will be a whole lot, but BotW Link doesn't have access to things like the boomerang or hookshot.

I feel like there is more evidence toward new, heck even Sakurai has been silent about it up until now. He confirmed that he has been working on this one in complete silence for quite some time. But E3 is definitely when we'll get some big news and confirmation.

Here are the things i want to see in Super Smash Brothers VI:

A Story Mode on par with the Subspace Emissary from Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

for Characters:

Sora, as a 3rd party Character.

Demon Lord Ghirahim from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Krystal from Star Fox Adventures.

Spring Man from ARMS.

King K. Rool from Donkey Kong Country.

Waluigi from Super Mario.

Ridley from Metroid.

Rayman, as a 3rd party Character.

Black Shadow from F-Zero.

(List to be updated.).

Okay, when I saw this, I was like: "Wait, what!?" and so I had to see for myself! I gotta say, this must have been quite a fake out for all those who were watching the Direct live! Anyone would've thought that this was a promotion for a sequel to Splatoon, or maybe some sort of DLC expansion. But when the surroundings darkened all of a sudden and that iconic Smash emblem reflected off of the squid girl's eye, it sent chills, man! Then seeing those silhouettes of Mario and Link added to those chills!

Now, with the ominous and foreboding nature of this reveal, I'd like to think that this is a new entry in the Smash series, and not a port! Because I mean, come on! Who makes the trailer to a port seem so mysterious? This smells like it'll be a new entry! What surprises me is how fast this seems to have come, with the most recent Smash only four years old! Taking into consideration the fact that the previous two Smashes had quite a considerable year gap between them, it's quite surprising that a new Smash is already being developed!  But, the gap between the first Smash on 64 and Melee was only two years, so maybe it's not that surprising!

Either way, if this is indeed a new Smash, I'm hella hyped for it! I'm just hoping that a story mode is implemented this time, like how Brawl had a story mode! And here's hoping for more new characters, and hopefully Sora being a guest character! :D

#DONTLETTHEDREAMDROP

I am definitely leaning towards it being a new smash game tbh. I was watching the direct while talking to friends in a Discord chat and I was hoping for some Pokemon Switch news. I saw this last vid with Splatoon characters and I was like 'dammit' but then I saw the smash logo in the reflection and was like OH NO. NEVERMIND. THIS IS GOOD.

The thing I want most though is a story mode. I ADORED the Subspace Emissary. There was gonna be a story mode in 4 as well but it got leaked, unfortunately, so they cut the whole thing out. Hopefully this time they'll change their minds.

Personally, I feel less hype when people suggest Sora as a guest/DLC character. For one, I'm not sure how much his fighting style could work in smash. But the biggest thing is that Disney own the rights to any KH original characters. In order for Sora to be in the game, Ninty and Disney would have to come to an agreement which probably won't work in Ninty's favour. If they do succeed in getting him in there, then I will happily see how he plays. He should also have both his KHII and III outfits (tho KHI's I ain't fussed about) as alternative costumes.

I love that they likely have Mario and Link there because they want to get on that Odyssey and BotW hype too. I don't have a switch, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching playthroughs of BotW and Odyssey. So that's super cool. I assume they'll have BotW Link and BotW Zelda separate from Link and Zelda. That could work.

There is A LOT of potential for this game and I think it will be great for sure. But PLEASE have a story mode smash.

I am definitely leaning towards it being a new smash game tbh. I was watching the direct while talking to friends in a Discord chat and I was hoping for some Pokemon Switch news. I saw this last vid with Splatoon characters and I was like 'dammit' but then I saw the smash logo in the reflection and was like OH NO. NEVERMIND. THIS IS GOOD.

The thing I want most though is a story mode. I ADORED the Subspace Emissary. There was gonna be a story mode in 4 as well but it got leaked, unfortunately, so they cut the whole thing out. Hopefully this time they'll change their minds.

Personally, I feel less hype when people suggest Sora as a guest/DLC character. For one, I'm not sure how much his fighting style could work in smash. But the biggest thing is that Disney own the rights to any KH original characters. In order for Sora to be in the game, Ninty and Disney would have to come to an agreement which probably won't work in Ninty's favour. If they do succeed in getting him in there, then I will happily see how he plays. He should also have both his KHII and III outfits (tho KHI's I ain't fussed about) as alternative costumes.

I love that they likely have Mario and Link there because they want to get on that Odyssey and BotW hype too. I don't have a switch, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching playthroughs of BotW and Odyssey. So that's super cool. I assume they'll have BotW Link and BotW Zelda separate from Link and Zelda. That could work.

There is A LOT of potential for this game and I think it will be great for sure. But PLEASE have a story mode smash.

As far as a Square Enix guest, I would rather see Neku, a character who started on Nintendo and continues to make Nintendo appearances. With how close they've been lately and the fact that Final Remix is coming to Switch before they add the sequel to its lineup. Neku seems extremely fitting and though I know he has low chances, I will hold out hope.

I can't see this being a new game,have they even annonced a Smash game and released it the same year?That seem strange too me,but at the same time if it was just a port they would have shown gameplay right? I think this a port but with a lot of extra content and changes to make it feel different from Smash 4 but we'll see

What is interesting here is that apparently, Sakurai has been working on this Smash for Switch for quite some time, so if we were talking about a port, there wouldn't be so much mystery or ominousness behind the reveal trailer, ya know? And Link in his BOTW attire, as seen from his silhouette, seems to be another indicator that it may be a different Smash, and not just a port! We'll have to wait and see and hopefully, we'll get an update on this game soon, since it apparently comes out this year!