Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wan_Pisu

What Disney movie should have gotten a sequel?

What Disney movie should've gotten a sequel?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What Disney movie should've gotten a sequel?

• Hercules
    • Dumbo
    • The Nightmare Before Christmas
    • Treasure Planet
    • Wall-E
    • Pinocchio
    • The Aristocats
    • The Sword in the Stone
    • The Black Cauldron
    • Snow White
    • The Great Mouse Detective
    • The deserving ones already got sequels.
    • Another one? Share below!

I'm kinda surprised Hercules never got a direct to video/DVD sequel. Since I'm pretty sure every movie from the Renaissance got at least one, even Hunchback and Pocahontas. But I guess it did get a TV series.

It would be cool to see a lot of these get movies if they got the big budget treatment to go to theaters.

Since Disney sequels aren't always that good or even nearly as good as the first one, I think none of them really are in dire need of a sequel. I certainly wouldn't mind them since most of the movies could be continued with some sort of plot and a lot of other continuations were at least enjoyable, but since the endings are also fairly satisfying, there's neither a real requirement to make sequels when they're not that open. (Like in horror movies where it feels like 90% of the time there's some hint that it isn't over after all.)

I can't think of a movie that really needed a sequel if I think about it. There's nothing wrong with adding to what is already there though. Sometimes I also wish to see more of something because it was simply amazing. But just because the possibility is there doesn't mean they should get another movie or a TV series or whatever.

I won't complain if there are sequels but I'm also pretty content with the movies on their own. Of course there's something beyond the ending and it's likely not always along the lines of happily ever after, but I feel no real desire to know.

Aladdin 4.

Atlantis 3.

Zootropolis 2.

The Jungle Book 3.

Meet the Robinsons 2.

Mulan 3.

Beauty and the Beast 4.

The Little Mermaid 4.

Robin Hood 2.

and

The Lion King 4.

DisneyToonStudios cancelled "'Meet The Robinsons 2'".  Same with "'Dumbo 2'" and "'The Aristocats 2'".

As for me, personally, most of my favorite Disney Movies are the sequels -- not the originals.

It does not matter what anyone says about them.  I still value them, and I might be the only one who truly does.

post-39921-0-06772500-1528844490_thumb.jpg
Edited by SoraDaxjer28

DisneyToonStudios cancelled "'Meet The Robinsons 2'".  Same with "'Dumbo 2'" and "'The Aristocats 2'".

As for me, personally, most of my favorite Disney Movies are the sequels -- not the originals.

It does not matter what anyone says about them.  I still value them, and I might be the only one who truly does.

I like Milo's Return if that can be taken, as a example.

Treasure planet is such an underrated movie I wish it gotten more praise it deserved. Then it would been in the kingdo hearts games. Unfortunately, due to to the rating we will rarely see Treasure planet again in sequels or games. I hope it has more praise to reboot the movie or remake. I would love an live action Treasure planet movie what do you guys think. :):D<3

Treasure Planet 2 ( :sad:) (I love Treasure Planet but it made me sad we never gotten a Sequel and a World for the Series)

Dumbo 2

Meet the Robinsons 2

Hercules 2

Nightmare Before Christmas 2

I would say The Nightmare Before Christmas and the Great Mouse Detective. The Nightmare Before Christmas has plenty of potential for a continuation, since all those other holiday doors are just sitting there in the woods. As for the Great Mouse Detective, as a detective story there is no shortage of cases that they cold have Basil and Dawson work on. 

Although, to be honest, I've never been a big fan of sequels to begin with. I just feel that if the story of the original film feels like a completed journey, they don't need to continue that story. But I've seen some pretty good sequels, so as long as the stories to the sequels are good, I'm on board. And I do think if they were to do sequels to other Disney films, it should be for the ones I've mentioned.

I would say The Nightmare Before Christmas and the Great Mouse Detective. The Nightmare Before Christmas has plenty of potential for a continuation, since all those other holiday doors are just sitting there in the woods. As for the Great Mouse Detective, as a detective story there is no shortage of cases that they cold have Basil and Dawson work on. 

Although, to be honest, I've never been a big fan of sequels to begin with. I just feel that if the story of the original film feels like a completed journey, they don't need to continue that story. But I've seen some pretty good sequels, so as long as the stories to the sequels are good, I'm on board. And I do think if they were to do sequels to other Disney films, it should be for the ones I've mentioned.

There are those movies that really need sequels and than there are those that are better be left alone. Nightmare before christmas is such a unique classic stand alone story that any form of addition would feel pointless. Now the great mouse detective I never understood why he never got a sequel or a TV show he would fit perfectly for that.

Most disney sequels usually pale in comoarison to the original. I would prefer them not making sequels.

I think this question was asuming that said sequel would actually be good

Treasure planet is such an underrated movie I wish it gotten more praise it deserved. Then it would been in the kingdo hearts games. Unfortunately, due to to the rating we will rarely see Treasure planet again in sequels or games. I hope it has more praise to reboot the movie or remake. I would love an live action Treasure planet movie what do you guys think. :):D<3

I think it was based on another adventure book right? Dont remember the name but maybe there are storys from the same author that could be used as insparation

Sometimes ya just get into that Disney music-mood. And sometimes you hear Sora singing underwater...

you always know the right thing to say

I'm kinda surprised Hercules never got a direct to video/DVD sequel. Since I'm pretty sure every movie from the Renaissance got at least one, even Hunchback and Pocahontas. But I guess it did get a TV series.

It would be cool to see a lot of these get movies if they got the big budget treatment to go to theaters.

I think since he got a TV show already that was his continuation of his story. If i remember correctly Alladin 2 and 3 were in the style of the TV show rather than a full on Disney animated movie and were preludes to it. So I guess the thinking goes that They were more interested in short little storys than huge big movies at that time. Also there was this whole switch from hand drawn to CGI films that fully got on the road in the beginning of the 2000s so I assume they were cutting back on that front

I think The Great Mouse Detective left a window open for a new movie with a new case and, that film being about mistery and stuff, it would've been great. The Nightmare Before Christmas and Treasure Planet also board subjects that leave a whole lot of possibilities open for exploration in the forms of sequels. I never minded Disney Sequels even though most of them had the wrong treatment. For example Milo's Return was good but it was weird, seeing as it was the pilot of a series I do get it though, other films like The Little Mermaid II and The Lion King 2 are great IMO, this last one being the best out of them all. Other films like The Jungle Book 2 and Return to NeverLand were good as well. Pocahontas II, The Return of Jafar, Mulan 2, etc. had a bad treatment thus making them cheap but with a good enough story and work they could've been way better. So yeah I'm all up for it.

So many people dump on Lion King 2, and I feel that it's one of the stronger Disney sequels. I mean, yeah, it's not in the same league as the original, but it had great music, good animation and the story wasn't just a blatant rip-off of the original like certain other sequels I don't want to name here.

For me, it would have to be:

• The Nightmare Before Christmas: This film is such a classic, it deserves a sequel! It's technically gotten one in the form of a comic or graphic novel where Jack searches for Zero, who's missing! But overall, in film, I'd love a sequel to explore the other holidays or maybe play with another concept! But, as is always the case with sequels, there's always the fear that it won't live up to the first film's acclaim, ya know? But as long as Tim Burton would manage the story and direct it, I'd be just fine!
  • Treasure Planet: Disney's hidden, underrated gem actually had a sequel in the works, with concept art and everything, but it was unfortunately cancelled! The film would have had us look into a more adult Jim, and Willem Dafoe would have been the voice of the film's villain! Sadly, this sequel will never see the light of day! :
  • Big Hero 6: Originally, there was going to be a sequel for the film, but apparently that died out when the TV series came along, so I honestly don't know what'll happen there. I loved Big Hero 6, it was a very beautiful film, and Baymax is just priceless! :')