Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Power Jusho

After Detective Pikachu, what franchise should be the focus of Nintendo's next movie?

After Detective Pikachu, what franchise should be the focus of Nintendo's next movie?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. After Detective Pikachu, what franchise should be the focus of Nintendo's next movie?

• Animal Crossing
    • The Legend of Zelda
    • Donkey Kong
    • Metroid
    • Kirby
    • Star Fox
    • Kid Icarus
    • F-Zero
    • Another franchise? Share below!

I'd love to see a Zelda movie, but I wouldn't mind a Metroid movie as well. There's actually a Animal Crossing movie already out, called Animal Crossing: The Movie... it'd be nice to have it dubbed, or just another movie about Animal Crossing as well XD

In my opinion, the best way to make a successful videogame adaptation is to adapt a videogame that is story focused.  I think that the reason why Detective Pikachu worked is that it is based on a videogame that was story focused and not gameplay focused.  That doesn't mean that I think it is impossible to adapt a videogame that is gameplay focused, I just think it is way more difficult to do so.

That being said, I think that, if Nintendo were to adapt any other videogame franchise, it should be Metroid.  I think that it could work either as a more kid-friendly version of Alien or as a more mature Nintendo adaptation that focuses a bit more on the horror of Metroid.  Either way, I think a Metroid adaptation could be successful if done right and has a better chance of being successful than any other videogame franchise that Nintendo owns.  But first, now that Nintendo has proven that a live-action Pokemon adaptation can be successful, I think that they should make another live-action Pokemon adaptation based on the main games.

13 hours ago, ocean's rage said:

i would go with none

While it would be awesome to have a film based on LoZ or Metroid, I think I agree that I would rather Nintendo not attempt more films based on other franchises. It's great that Detective Pikachu is doing well and getting decent reviews, but this may very well be a fluke. Let's face it; films based on video games tend to be disappointing, and often just plain bad. So I think I'm good with just this one.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they finally figured out the formula to make video game films work.

1 hour ago, Allwil13 said:

While it would be awesome to have a film based on LoZ or Metroid, I think I agree that I would rather Nintendo not attempt more films based on other franchises. It's great that Detective Pikachu is doing well and getting decent reviews, but this may very well be a fluke. Let's face it; films based on video games tend to be disappointing, and often just plain bad. So I think I'm good with just this one.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they finally figured out the formula to make video game films work.

i feel ryan reynolds was the wrong choice for the character so i dont think theyve quite got it sorted 

32 minutes ago, ocean's rage said:

i feel ryan reynolds was the wrong choice for the character so i dont think theyve quite got it sorted 

Yeah, I'm not really sure how I feel about Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu quite yet. On the one hand, it's such a random unexpected voice for Detective Pikachu to have that I do find it kind of funny, but at the same time I find Ryan Reynolds to be hit and miss. I haven't seen the film yet so I don't really have a solid opinion on it.

2 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

Yeah, I'm not really sure how I feel about Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu quite yet. On the one hand, it's such a random unexpected voice for Detective Pikachu to have that I do find it kind of funny, but at the same time I find Ryan Reynolds to be hit and miss. I haven't seen the film yet so I don't really have a solid opinion on it.

they probably just wanted a big name thatd get people to go see it

17 hours ago, Movies798 said:

In my opinion, I rather see these games as animation films instead of live-action. Thank God the new Super Mario Bros. movie is going to be animated instead of live action.

There is gonna be a mario movie? When?were? Who? Why?Wambo?

35 minutes ago, ocean's rage said:

yeah nintendo are working illumination (despicable me, minions), though i cant remember whether or not they said it was animated 

They did said it was going to be an animated film. It's being made by Illumination Studio after all.

Zelda, obviously. But only if they do it right, and respect the source material. Maybe don't even adapt a game by the letter, but do a story that ties into the themes and characters without fully rehashing a game's plot.