Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Ruby

What should I do?

So I have this friend named Lorena and I let her borrow my psp and bbs. It's been 4 months and she's barely half way through the game and my mom keeps asking me if she's done with it bc my mom says says its been too long for her just to borrow it. Plus my dad thinks I just let her borrow the game not the psp too and I really miss playing bbs. And I pretty sure since I'm getting a 3ds and ddd for Christmas she's gonna want to borrow it to. We're also growing apart from being best friends but I don't want to sound mean to her by taking the psp back now that we're growing apart. What should I do? Please help?

Well try hanging out more. That can help keep your friendship. Do something together. And for the psp just try kindly asking if she's done borrowing it and explain the situation to her and see if you can get it back.

Well try hanging out more. That can help keep your friendship. Do something together. And for the psp just try kindly asking if she's done borrowing it and explain the situation to her and see if you can get it back.

You could help her with the game. I'm sure that could also help bring you two closer too. :)

Well yeah I've tried that but she mostly never answers my texts or calls anymore and when we try to hang out either one of us can't go or one of us isn't here

You could help her with the game. I'm sure that could also help bring you two closer too. :)

yeah maybe make plans to hang out and just have a little Kingdom hearts fun. help her, and I suggest getting an AV cable so you can hook it up to the TV so you both can watch and kinda play together.

Posted Image

Edited by ReikuSSR

You're being way too hard on yourself, you let her borrow something that belongs to you. Something that you cared enough to buy. If she really wants to finish the game she'll save up like the rest of us, and get the game and system herself. That's what I did when I borrowed Left 4 dead and was asked to return it before I finished it.

Similar to a quote in 358/2 days, which is more important to you, a friendship going downhill, or your happiness?

Go over to her house and say you need it back because your parents are getting mad.

Well try asking for it  back and still letting your friend play but only when she comes to your house.

Thanks you guys I'll try to go to her house soon and ask her for it and when she comes over I'll let her play it

Yeah, honestly, just go get it back. Make up some excuse if you don't wanna sound mean, or just tell her the truth. 4 months is an awfully long time to just borrow something, especially if you're growing apart and she's only like halfway through it. If she liked it enough to borrow it then she should've finished it (or at least almost finished it) by now.

Yeah, honestly, just go get it back. Make up some excuse if you don't wanna sound mean, or just tell her the truth. 4 months is an awfully long time to just borrow something, especially if you're growing apart and she's only like halfway through it. If she liked it enough to borrow it then she should've finished it (or at least almost finished it) by now.

...it took me a year and a half to beat FFIII on the DS.BUT! It is because I would get impatient that I couldn't beat a boss and put it aside for a while (sometimes up to three months) and then pick it up again when I remembered and had the patience to level up and then go at the boss again.

"Hey, can you return my PSP to me before next <day> (or two weeks)? I/My sibling wants to play <game>"

It's a half decent excuse and kinda makes it her fault because you gave her four months and then more time after you asked for it back.

If you want to keep your friendship with her, just hang out more and talk to her. But you should get your stuff back anyways. Tell her that you lend her for way too much time, and if she wants, she could go to your house play, or you could lend her again later, but it's time you your psp back. I don't know her intentions, but she would understand if she were your friend.

I lent a friend a game, too. When I asked him to give it back to me it was no problem at all (but I have to say that I had a game of his, too...) - your friend has no reason to be angry with you, after all it's her and not you, who has it such a long time.

Ugh, I've been in a similar situation to this.  I like to be nice to my friends, but I've gotten to the point that I don't like to loan my things out because I either a) don't get it back for months on end, or b) I don't receive it in the original condition I lent it.

I know it might be hard, but I wouldn't be shy about asking for your PSP back.  Four months is a looooong time to be without a PSP, and I really think you've been a great friend for letting her borrow it for as long as you have.  It's tough to be a situation where your friendship doesn't seem as strong as it used to, but if she's any good friend she'll understand you asking for it back.  I mean seriously, how long can you expect to borrow something so important from somebody?!

You could try offering excuses, like perhaps say that your mom's been nagging on you to get it back in your possession, or even tell her that your dad didn't know you lent out your psp and you don't want him finding out. something like that.

Good luck! :)