Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Reyn

Whats with the cartoony like graphics now?

Take a look at the original KH teaser trailer and compare it to the final product.  There were some MAJOR graphic changes made.  

What trailers are we talking about?! What Square Preview? Isn't there only 1 gameplay trailer for KH3!?

What trailers are we talking about?! What Square Preview? Isn't there only 1 gameplay trailer for KH3!?

Original KH teaser.  As in the first game.  Not KH3.

Original KH teaser.  As in the first game.  Not KH3.

That one was... weird. They looked like dolls.. These faces...

In case you don't know, I'm referring to the Beta gameplay of KH1, lol, not that the full game had doll characters.

Edited by Toby

True. I just hope  the models look more realistic and not as colorful like in the previous games. Thats all i want.

Ew no. I don't want Kingdom Hearts to be realistic. I play it for its childish charm and cartoony visuals. You have Final Fantasy for those needs.

I miss Sora's giant banana shoes!

Edited by Eterna

There have been cartoonish graphics cutscenes for KH1 because obviously they couldn't get as realistic on PS2 compared to the technology they have now on PS3 and PS4. So why not get Kingdom Hearts 3 to be as realistic as Final Fantasy XV now? :P But I don't mind the cartoonish graphics they showed in the trailer as well.

Edited by AaySquare

The graphics in the teaser trailer look just perfect for KH3. Some CGI, some cartoonish feel... just perfect. And that's for the game's cartoonish worlds. With the shader change, we can see for example, also, a more human (graphics wise) version of Sora and the others in worlds like Pirates of The Caribbean and maybe other new human worlds like Star Wars, Avengers.... etc.

The graphics in the teaser trailer look just perfect for KH3. Some CGI, some cartoonish feel... just perfect. And that's for the game's cartoonish worlds. With the shader change, we can see for example, also, a more human (graphics wise) version of Sora and the others in worlds like Pirates of The Caribbean and maybe other new human worlds like Star Wars, Avengers.... etc.

Good point about the shader capabilities.

They're not even beta, really. They're alpha, if anything.

That said, what's wrong with cartoony? KH is a Disney RPG, and KH1 is extremely cartoony. All the games are on some level, and I think that suits Kingdom Hearts quite well. Too many games try to create realistic imagery, which is a shame because I personally prefer colorful, cartoony styles.

They're not even beta, really. They're alpha, if anything.

That said, what's wrong with cartoony? KH is a Disney RPG, and KH1 is extremely cartoony. All the games are on some level, and I think that suits Kingdom Hearts quite well. Too many games try to create realistic imagery, which is a shame because I personally prefer colorful, cartoony styles.

nobody is saying it cant be cartoony, it just cant be that specific style. what it should be is the CGI style from the movies we've gotten for the games over the years, that looks perfect and with the videos shown of FF15 its entierly possible.

nobody is saying it cant be cartoony, it just cant be that specific style. what it should be is the CGI style from the movies we've gotten for the games over the years, that looks perfect and with the videos shown of FF15 its entierly possible.

You just basically said is they should change the graphics just because you said you don't like it. If you make Call of Duty graphics in the KH games, it'll look horrible. Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts are two completely different franchises, if only slightly the same regarding combats and whatnot. They wouldn't look right if they looked the same regarding graphics (which shouldn't be the main point of games, by the way).

Edited by Volodarskii

You just basically said is they should change the graphics just because you said you don't like it. If you make Call of Duty graphics in the KH games, it'll look horrible. Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts are two completely different franchises, if only slightly the same regarding combats and whatnot. They wouldn't look right if they looked the same regarding graphics (which shouldn't be the main point of games, by the way).

changing the graphics to call of duty and changing it to look like the CGI is too differnt things. call of duty style has never been done before in the series and nobody would expect the game to look like it, the CGI style on the other hand is perfect and has been with the franchise since literally day 1 and with this advanced hardware its what everyone would logically assume the graphics style would be or at least look close to. and it clearly does look right being final fantasy style since we have had the same art style in the CGI forever

Idk...I like the shader idea but I hope they don't make everything too bright. I mean it IS Kingdom Hearts 3! Its supposed to be darker, more mature but also having that same vibe you get from all the other games in the series. I like the new graphics, just take a look at the video and inspect the amount of details on the lighting and physics of Sora's clothing. If its just in alpha stage then you can bet the graphics will improve ridiculously!

It looks great to me, and like everyone said, beta trailers are improved

changing the graphics to call of duty and changing it to look like the CGI is too differnt things. call of duty style has never been done before in the series and nobody would expect the game to look like it, the CGI style on the other hand is perfect and has been with the franchise since literally day 1 and with this advanced hardware its what everyone would logically assume the graphics style would be or at least look close to. and it clearly does look right being final fantasy style since we have had the same art style in the CGI forever

But compare Kingdom Hearts cgi with ff cgi. Kh cgi still has it's own art style. That's what makes KH feel so great. I love what they're doing.

It was CGI. Anyway what do you expect? It jumped a whole gen. It kinda reminded me of cell shade actual which the last thing I want it to be. I do wish they went a bit to what final fantasy 13 looked like.

Everyone already summed up my thoughts;

KH has always had cartoony graphics. And with that in mind, beta or not the visuals I saw in that trailer were BEAUTIFUL.

I loved the graphics and the camera movements in the trailer. But we still have to wait until possibly tgs to get more info and gameplay

Edited by Cuccojenkins