Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Firaga

Should We Still Have KH3 For The PS3?

Haven't made a topic in a while, must be a full moon, yadda yadda yadda yadda, fire joke.  <_<

Now that that's out the way...

As everyone knows (and is fangasming about) *epic Rock impersonation* FINALLY.... Kingdom Hearts III... HAS BEEN... ANNOUNCED! *end impression* and is coming to the Playstation 4 and the Xbox Don-er, One. And once again, people have been fangasming and speculating and gettting excited and all this... but you know, I've been wondering something.

Let me refresh your memories on something: Back when KH3 was still in Development Hell, everybody thought the game would be the first title on the PS3... then the 1.5 Remix came along... and then, of course, E3 2013 came along... and that all changed.

So far, there is no word on whether or not KH3 will be on any console other than Playstation 4 and the Xbox One. I know a lot of people are clamoring for it to be on Wii U, but it kinda seems everyone forgot about the whole PS3 deal.

Now, I perfectly understand why: we can already tell that based on the small glimpse we got from E3, this is going to be a high-end game running on specs only the PS4 and Xbox One can handle. They are the newest generation after all. Or really, that's gonna be the excuse as to why it can't be on the PS3.

I still think number 3 can be with number 3, and I have some reasons to back it up:

First off: this title is set to be on two brand spanking new consoles. One of them, Playstation 4, is set to release in the Holiday season of this year (i.e. Christmas time). The console is about 400 bucks, in American money, same for Euros, and I think 349 pounds. (England's currency). That's a really expensive item, as all new gaming consoles are, and really, most people just aren't able to get the console in that point of time. May I remind you, my fellow American users, that our economy is still basically in the shitter. Some people are even waiting for the console to drop down in price, which generally takes one full year. Putting the game on the PS3 would help a lot of people save a lot of money.

Second: I know the whole PS3 VS PS4 deal, I do. It's new generation VS last generation so obviously, they're gonna but heads. But really, level up on me with this one (Ha. Video game joke): I've seen multi-platform titles spand across console, handheld, and even PC gaming, and in each case, each sub version (usually the ones on handheld and PC) have been tweaked so that it fits the device's capabilities. This hasn't always been a good choice for some titles, but that's not the point. The point is that KH3 can use this kind of process to be on the PS3. A few nips and tucks here and there, maybe not use the dazzling new graphic aesthetics (yes, I know that kinda sucks, but still), and settle for something more along lines of an HD-PS3 version of DDD's engine, and we can be all set. Again, I know this might take away from all the glamour, but we have to remember: graphics don't make a game. As long as it still plays as well as we all believe it will be, I think it will be just fine.

Third: We know that 1.5 Remix is already on the PS3, and we can assume that 2.5 is going to be on it as well. So why not have the entire Xehanort Saga on one console? Wouldn't it be great to play the series right from KH1 all the way to 3? I'm sure that's sort of a pipe dream for most KH gamers out there. It definitely is for me. Most people might argue that it'll be the same if they purchase the KH games before 3 with the PS4's Cloud gaming system. Still, by that logic, that would mean they would only be able to play KH1 and KH2. That leaves alot to be desired. I am talking about the full series after all. The other games on the other consoles count too (and they are NOT side games, dammit). Also, the reverse side of the spectrum (porting both 1.5 and possibly 2.5 to the PS4) would not be a good solution: Why? Mo money, that's why. We're already looking at a $400 console, adding the price of KH3 to the normal new game price of $60, to the price of 1.5 Remix, which I'm sure is around $40 still, standard price for an HD collection, and finally adding the price of $40 from 2.5 (again, HD Collection price) and that's almost $600 in total is have the KH series on PS4. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd rather skip out on that type of deal. It'd be a lot easier just for us to enjoy the entire series on a console that most of us already own.

So, there's my dollar and five cents. So what do you think: should the big 3 still be playable on Sony's big 3? Or should we all just suck it up and buy a PS4 or buy a Xbox O-hahahaha... I'm sorry. I couldn't say that with a straight face.  :P

Edited by Firaga Sensei

I gave a sensible reason to how that can be done...

The thing is, it's not just the graphics. Like, look at Nomura's interviews. They're planning on making some really complicated AI for this one, they're making aerial encounters, NPCs that jump in and help, and probably a lot more. You see what they're doing with FFXV? That's gonna be probably what KH3 is gonna be like, if KH3 isn't even more than that. Each KH game pushed the boundaries of what their respective systems were capable of. And if KH3 does the same for the PS4, there's no way that they can port it to the PS3. It just wouldn't be able to handle it. 

Converting the game's system to fit the needs of it's console? And I would be happy if it came out on PS3, because then at least I would have my money's worth on it.

sorry i didnt mean you specifically the whole forum seems to be mad about it being on xbone and not wii u or ps3 or pc for the ps3 specifically they'd have to make a craped down version of the game an example would be starwars force unleashed it was for ps3 and ps2 the ps3 version kicked ass but the ps2 version kinda ate shit idk id personallly rather have everyone who plays the game enjoy it rather than half the people play on last gens consoles and not be satisfied.

Haven't made a topic in a while, must be a full moon, yadda yadda yadda yadda, fire joke.  <_<

Now that that's out the way...

As everyone knows (and is fangasming about) *epic Rock impersonation* FINALLY.... Kingdom Hearts III... HAS BEEN... ANNOUNCED! *end impression* and is coming to the Playstation 4 and the Xbox Don-er, One. And once again, people have been fangasming and speculating and gettting excited and all this... but you know, I've been wondering something.

Let me refresh your memories on something: Back when KH3 was still in Development Hell, everybody thought the game would be the first title on the PS3... then the 1.5 Remix came along... and then, of course, E3 2013 came along... and that all changed.

So far, there is no word on whether or not KH3 will be on any console other than Playstation 4 and the Xbox One. I know a lot of people are clamoring for it to be on Wii U, but it kinda seems everyone forgot about the whole PS3 deal.

Now, I perfectly understand why: we can already tell that based on the small glimpse we got from E3, this is going to be a high-end game running on specs only the PS4 and Xbox One can handle. They are the newest generation after all. Or really, that's gonna be the excuse as to why it can't be on the PS3.

I still think number 3 can be with number 3, and I have some reasons to back it up:

First off: this title is set to be on two brand spanking new consoles. One of them, Playstation 4, is set to release in the Holiday season of this year (i.e. Christmas time). The console is about 400 bucks, in American money, same for Euros, and I think 349 pounds. (England's currency). That's a really expensive item, as all new gaming consoles are, and really, most people just aren't able to get the console in that point of time. May I remind you, my fellow American users, that our economy is still basically in the shitter. Some people are even waiting for the console to drop down in price, which generally takes one full year. Putting the game on the PS3 would help a lot of people save a lot of money.

Second: I know the whole PS3 VS PS4 deal, I do. It's new generation VS last generation so obviously, they're gonna but heads. But really, level up on me with this one (Ha. Video game joke): I've seen multi-platform titles spand across console, handheld, and even PC gaming, and in each case, each sub version (usually the ones on handheld and PC) have been tweaked so that it fits the device's capabilities. This hasn't always been a good choice for some titles, but that's not the point. The point is that KH3 can use this kind of process to be on the PS3. A few nips and tucks here and there, maybe not use the dazzling new graphic aesthetics (yes, I know that kinda sucks, but still), and settle for something more along lines of an HD-PS3 version of DDD's engine, and we can be all set. Again, I know this might take away from all the glamour, but we have to remember: graphics don't make a game. As long as it still plays as well as we all believe it will be, I think it will be just fine.

Third: We know that 1.5 Remix is already on the PS3, and we can assume that 2.5 is going to be on it as well. So why not have the entire Xehanort Saga on one console? Wouldn't it be great to play the series right from KH1 all the way to 3? I'm sure that's sort of a pipe dream for most KH gamers out there. It definitely is for me. Most people might argue that it'll be the same if they purchase the KH games before 3 with the PS4's Cloud gaming system. Still, by that logic, that would mean they would only be able to play KH1 and KH2. That leaves alot to be desired. I am talking about the full series after all. The other games on the other consoles count too (and they are NOT side games, dammit). Also, the reverse side of the spectrum (porting both 1.5 and possibly 2.5 to the PS4) would not be a good solution: Why? Mo money, that's why. We're already looking at a $400 console, adding the price of KH3 to the normal new game price of $60, to the price of 1.5 Remix, which I'm sure is around $40 still, standard price for an HD collection, and finally adding the price of $40 from 2.5 (again, HD Collection price) and that's almost $600 in total is have the KH series on PS4. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd rather skip out on that type of deal. It'd be a lot easier just for us to enjoy the entire series on a console that most of us already own.

So, there's my dollar and five cents. So what do you think: should the big 3 still be playable on Sony's big 3? Or should we all just suck it up and buy a PS4 or buy a Xbox O-hahahaha... I'm sorry. I couldn't say that with a straight face.  :P

I thought I saw somewhere that KHIII was coming out on both PS3 and PS4. It was a twitter post, but so help me I can't find it again. Very frustrating. If I can't find it assume I'm mistaken about it. Anyway...

I agree with you on some points. I think having the whole Xehanort Saga on one console would be fantastic. However, it's likely going to be on the next generation. A "Kingdom Hearts Saga Collection" would sell like hotcakes, or at least like warmcakes, and Sony would want that on their new platform. The focus is shifting forward, and that will only become more true as time passes and we get closer to KHIII's launch.

Speaking of which, KHIII isn't going to be around for a while. The longer it takes to make, the less likely the effort will be put forward to making it multi-generational. Now, I don't know if it's a sure thing cause I don't know how long it'll take to make. It's also difficult to predict how much longer this generation will bleed into the new one; people are still attached to their current consoles, and aren't necessarily in a hurry to make the jump. For all I know PS3 game sales will still matter in a few years. The real barrier to porting the system between generations is how much it depends on the new console's specs in ways that aren't graphics. The usage of RAM alone could make the process difficult.

With regards to the notion of controls differences between the supposed versions, I don't expect it'll be a big departure from what we saw on the PS2. Why? Because of the Xbox One. KHIII is multiplatform, which means it's controls have to be general enough to port over between the PS4 and X1. Square can't put special touchpad controls in the game because the X1's controller doesn't have a touchpad, nor can they do motion controls because not every PS4 is going to have a Playstation Eye. 

Yeah I don't think they would do it. I sure HOPE they make it for the PS3 as well, cause I don't want to spend that fraking money on it... but I don't think that gonna happen because of what they plan to use on the game. Even though you said they could work something out, I doubt they will, because they want the less trouble for them as they can...

Also: "I realised the games were scattered in many consoles, so I put them together in one"- Sorry to say this, but that's bulshit. KH3 proves that clearly...

And I also doubt the new generation will start off with a price of 400$. When it's first released, it'll probably be much more

I don't think they're going to have new games for the PS3 in 2015.

They even make some Ps2 games (Like Fifa) 

So yeah i think the will make new games in 2015 for the ps3

A lot of people are saying that if FFIV is coming to PS4 and PS3 so should KH3 but in reality is more complex than that.FF have been in development for so many years now, getting ready to be playable on PS3, they most likely already have a PS3 version and are going to make the PS4 version as well from the PS3 version.KH3 on the other hand is on early stages of development, they have been working on the PS4/XBONE engine unlike FF where they were working on the PS3 engine from the beginning.KH3 most likely will be a very long game with an aproximate campaing of 20-30 hours plus extra content to unlock that can be expanded tremendously... I am expecting a lot more of interactivity with the environment and as Jim Said:

The thing is, it's not just the graphics. Like, look at Nomura's interviews. They're planning on making some really complicated AI for this one, they're making aerial encounters, NPCs that jump in and help, and probably a lot more. You see what they're doing with FFXV? That's gonna be probably what KH3 is gonna be like, if KH3 isn't even more than that. Each KH game pushed the boundaries of what their respective systems were capable of. And if KH3 does the same for the PS4, there's no way that they can port it to the PS3. It just wouldn't be able to handle it. 

Just see the at the next gen games and all the options that they have; Watch Dogs, TitanFall, MGS5 etc etc...Huge game, Huge open worlds (Maybe KH3 turns Open World lol) I don't know.I seriously doubt that whatever they are planning for KH3 could be exported to PS3, I would love to but at the same time I would like to see a HUGE version of KH3 with even more hours of gameplay available and I would love more extra content to unlock...Now, when it comes to the 1.5 and 2.5 HD versions, most likely you will be able to download a cheap digital version of them from the PS4 to stream or whatever, so I don't think that is an issue for them.

i said in the wii u topic that a down grade of the game should wait until after the initial release of kh3 on xbox and ps4 because they have similar hardware and will be easier to port, 2 projects at once would slow it down to much and dissapoint fans, then...

the downgrade of the game could be produced foor last gen consoles after the next gen release and ported to the wii u and ps3 :)

but they shouldnt be released at the same time due to time restrictions and waiting fans

Nope. I'd rather it be on the PS4 anyways because it will look amazing. They're using the Luminous engine for it, and only the PS4 can handle it.

Honestly I find PS4 games just bit better PS3 games.

PS3 got very great quality games you know.

Honestly I find PS4 games just bit better PS3 games.PS3 got very great quality games you know.

Yeah I know, I probably own 90% of the best ones you can buy. But the PS4 can make the graphics look flawless instead of "good enough". There are absolutely no jaggy edges whatsoever, and I was buying a PS4 anyways, so I'd prefer it to be on the system where it can be as perfect as possible.