Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
XxBlossomingNobodyxX

Are the Kingdom Hearts Novels Canon?

I really hope they're not. In the KH Com novel, not Manga,Novel, it clearly states Riku had a crush on Kairi and gave in to darkness so he could have her to himself. I always thought it was NEVER specified for the OC that they actually had true feelings for one another but friendship and Nomura wanted it to be unofficial. This really kills the SKR relationship in my opinion, and it makes me really sad. It completely changes how Ifeel they're relationship was. So I really hope that they aren't considered cannon, because I liked it a lot better when it was left to interpretation on who likes who. Is it legit cannon? I hope its not...

Manga and Novels aren't canon .

Actually,the one with vanitas is probably cannon but I guess it will never come into play so they don't need to say whether it is canon or not.

I really hope they're not. In the KH Com novel, not Manga,Novel, it clearly states Riku had a crush on Kairi and gave in to darkness so he could have her to himself. I always thought it was NEVER specified for the OC that they actually had true feelings for one another but friendship and Nomura wanted it to be unofficial. This really kills the SKR relationship in my opinion, and it makes me really sad. It completely changes how Ifeel they're relationship was. So I really hope that they aren't considered cannon, because I liked it a lot better when it was left to interpretation on who likes who. Is it legit cannon? I hope its not...

Well,it is more or less bluntly stated that sora likes kairi so,,,,

They're not canon.  They're just adaptations, and can be treated like their own continuity.  It's implied Riku did have a crush on Kairi (fighting with Sora over the right to share a paopu fruit with her, and saying "Take care of her" at the end of KH1 can imply romantic feelings towards her), but him giving into the darkness was not stated or implied anywhere in the games to be resulting from that possible infatuation.

None of the novels are canon . This has been confirmed . 

Well I'm still gonna count it as canon unless vanitas back story is explained elsewhere.

Edit: Never mind,I changed my mind.

Edited by Keyblade Master101

None of them are canon. But both Sora and Riku have a crush on Kairi. It's been hinted many times.

While I support Sokai, its biased. Since the games are focused on friendship, Its NOT official. Nomura didn't want to make any of it cannon. Yes its been hinted, but its not official.

Actually,the one with vanitas is probably cannon but I guess it will never come into play so they don't need to say whether it is canon or not.Well,it is more or less bluntly stated that sora likes kairi so,,,,

Well yes and no. Sokai is definately heavily implied, but I keep going back to the whole its focused on friendship, Nomura didn't want cannon romance. Don't get me wrong, I ship SoKai so badly, and adore the implications, but. KH is friendship. All of Sokai is implied, but not like you said it is never stated.

They're not cannon.  With a lot of mangas and novels there's certain elements that seem perfect to explain situations and backstories, but regardless, they're confirmed as uncannon and shouldn't be treated as such, and no one should go around stating them like they are.  

While I support Sokai, its biased. Since the games are focused on friendship, Its NOT official. Nomura didn't want to make any of it cannon. Yes its been hinted, but its not official.Well yes and no. Sokai is definately heavily implied, but I keep going back to the whole its focused on friendship, Nomura didn't want cannon romance. Don't get me wrong, I ship SoKai so badly, and adore the implications, but. KH is friendship. All of Sokai is implied, but not like you said it is never stated.

Well,in kh 2 roxas when he saw kairi,"You're that girl he likes"and in kh 1 he fought with riku to see who could give kairi the papu fruit.Nomura is a sokai shipper,he just doesn't mention it but we shall see in kh 3,they better kiss OR ELSE!!Anyway,i don't wanna go off topic here so I'll shut up now.

They're not cannon.  With a lot of mangas and novels there's certain elements that seem perfect to explain situations and backstories, but regardless, they're confirmed as uncannon and shouldn't be treated as such, and no one should go around stating them like they are.  

Exactly .Especially when/if they contradict in game content like some of them do which is why they aren't considered canon .Although sometimes they contain added material that ends up in game later on but until it does end up in game( or confirmed in interviews with Nomura) it's not canon .

Edited by Flaming Lea

Well,in kh 2 roxas when he saw kairi,"You're that girl he likes"and in kh 1 he fought with riku to see who could give kairi the papu fruit.Nomura is a sokai shipper,he just doesn't mention it but we shall see in kh 3,they better kiss OR ELSE!!Anyway,i don't wanna go off topic here so I'll shut up now.

OH YEAH! Well I totally already thought he did like her, I was just debating for all is fair sake. I ship Sokai so badly. However I don't want them to kiss because you know friendship, and also all is fair thing. But I do hope there is another kairi/sora moment. Although I wouldn't be complaining if they do kiss, I just don't want it to be completely official because of the above reasons. I know that's confusing... and I thinks its just i don't want riku to like kairi cause you can see how that ruins the trios friendship right? Rikai fans Idont need an argument... I just think it makes riku look worse in KH1, and it makes the friend thing dissapear between the three of them. Id like to think Riku would never hurt Sora for a girl cause they're such close friends. Anyways I'm off topic too...