Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dio Brando

Demyx,Luxord,Larxene and Marluxia:WILL WE EVER LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT THOSE!

For the longest time,the origins of all Organization XIII members was explained except those 4

We know little to nothing about them aside from Marluxia's plan to take over the Organization,we never met or saw their human counterparts(or Somebody as it's stupidly named),we didn't even know when or where did they turned into heartlesses and became nobodies??

Sure we might get some explanation for them in KH3,but what guarantees us that they'll appear in KH3,maybe they'll get ignored again

Unless those four are acutally the foretellers that the KH X game talked about(as hard as it is to imagine Demyx being a wise guy),I don't know if we'll ever see them again or get an explanation on WTF are they supposed to even be.

They should've been shown somewhere in the previous games,they could've shown them in BBS alongside the others in Radiant Garden

That at least would've gave me a reason to care about Birth by Sleep

Honestly, besides Marluxia, everybody's origins are actually pretty straightforward if you just look at their personalities, anyway.

Demyx was probably just some geeky kid in a shitty garage band playing his sitar. Then the Heartless came and firetrucked everything up and now he's a Nobody.

Luxord was a card shark who liked to gamble a lot. Heartless came, firetrucked everything up.

Larxene was a ninja/mercenary/bitch until the Heartless came and firetruckED EVERYTHING UP.

The only one I'm not sure about is Marluxia. It looks like he's a ladies man, but he also has a really sinister, sadistic side, so maybe he was an evil ladies man who plotted to destroy all life or something until the Heartless came and FJKFDJSKLF

Put me on the writing team coach, I'm ready.

Edited by Kaweebo

It sucks, but I doubt we ever will. If we're lucky they might mention their true names in Kingdom Hearts III like in the Journal or something.

That will be a plothole

They can't just introduce characters and just forget about them

Otherwise they'll be as dumb as Rosso the Crimson and her Tsviets teammates from Dirge of Cerberus FFVII....who just like those 4,gets introduced out of nowhere with barely an explanation on how they're related to the plot of the FFVII universe

That will be a plothole

They can't just introduce characters and just forget about them

Otherwise they'll be as dumb as Rosso the Crimson and her Tsviets teammates from Dirge of Cerberus FFVII....who just like those 4,gets introduced out of nowhere with barely an explanation on how they're related to the plot of the FFVII universe

Sure they can. Just look at Hayner, Pence and Olette. Nobody even cares about those guys anymore. Do you see any threads asking about where the kids from Twilight Town are? Of course not.

Edited by Kaweebo

Honestly, besides Marluxia, everybody's origins are actually pretty straightforward if you just look at their personalities, anyway.

Demyx was probably just some geeky kid in a shitty garage band playing with his sitar. Then the Heartless came and firetrucked everything up and now he's a Nobody.

Luxord was a card shark who liked to gamble a lot. Heartless came, firetrucked everything up.

Larxene was a ninja/mercenary/bitch until the Heartless came and firetruckED EVERYTHING UP.

The only one I'm not sure about is Marluxia. It looks like he's a ladies man, but he also has a really sinister, sadistic side, so maybe he was an evil ladies man who plotted to destroy all life or something until the Heartless came and FJKFDJSKLF

Where did Demyx and the others  come from??

How did they became heartlesses??What's their motives to stick with the Organization???

What's their human names when you rearrange them without the X??

What kind of life they had before joining the organization??

We learn nothing about this....this isn't straightforward.....this is vague incomplete information that the only thing we can do about it is assumption

Lea wasn't an assassin before he became Axel

Isa wasn't a berserker before he became Saix

the first 6 were assistant of Ansem the Wise so we know how they turned into heartless

How do we know that Demyx was in a garage band when Axel wasn't even an assassin when he was human?

How do we know that Luxord might've been a gampler??How do we know Marluxia's true goal that he would accomplish by taking over Org.XIII??? 

None of these questions were answered

Sure they can. Just look at Hayner, Pence and Olette. Nobody even cares about those guys anymore. Do you see any threads asking about where the kids from Twilight Town are? Of course not.

Those three were NPCs....they're there to get you to where the plot asks you to go

But those 4 on the other hand...THEY'RE PART OF THE MAIN VILLIANOUS GROUP THAT TRIES TO CONQUER THE UNIVERSE!!!

They're with the main antagonist and they're heavily involved with the plot

Hayner,Pence and Ollete were never a part of the main plot,sure maybe in the fake Twilight Town that Ansem the Wise made,but in the real world,if you take them out of the plot.....nothing will change

Demyx,Luxord,Larxene and Marluxia are PART OF ORGANIZATION XIII!!!the main enemies of this series ever since the first game

They can't just take them out like that....otherwise it'll be Organization IX not XIII 

Where did Demyx and the others  come from??

How did they became heartlesses??What's their motives to stick with the Organization???

What's their human names when you rearrange them without the X??

What kind of life they had before joining the organization??

We learn nothing about this....this isn't straightforward.....this is vague incomplete information that the only thing we can do about it is assumption

Lea wasn't an assassin before he became Axel

Isa wasn't a berserker before he became Saix

the first 6 were assistant of Ansem the Wise so we know how they turned into heartless

How do we know that Demyx was in a garage band when Axel wasn't even an assassin when he was human?

How do we know that Luxord might've been a gampler??How do we know Marluxia's true goal that he would accomplish by taking over Org.XIII??? 

None of these questions were answered

You're thinking WAY too hard about something that's not even that big a deal. I'm just basing my logic off of their characteristics and personalities. 

Instead of thinking that their backstories are SO important to the story, how about thinking that they're not? As far as I'm concerned, Demyx, Larxene, Luxord and Marluxia aren't relevant anymore because their backstories weren't important. They only became interesting when they turned into Nobodies. Hell, look at Axel. If he wasn't so popular from CoM, it's a safe assumption that he wouldn't have made much of an appearance in KHII. And I guarantee you he wouldn't have become a Keyblade wielder.

The characters that matter are explored. You don't need to know every detail about every character. Especially not in Kingdom Hearts, a series that prides itself on leaving loose ends and gaps in the story for you to speculate on. 

Even then, there's no guarantee they WON'T come back, anyway. And if they do, then it's clear that the writers figured they were important to for it. Outside that though, they don't matter. 

Those three were NPCs....they're there to get you to where the plot asks you to go

But those 4 on the other hand...THEY'RE PART OF THE MAIN VILLIANOUS GROUP THAT TRIES TO CONQUER THE UNIVERSE!!!

Hayner,Pence and Ollete were never a part of the main plot,sure maybe in the fake Twilight Town that Ansem the Wise made,but in the real world,if you take them out of the plot.....nothing will change

Demyx,Luxord,Larxene and Marluxia are PART OF ORGANIZATION XIII!!!the main enemies of this series ever since the first game

They can't just take them out like that....otherwise it'll be Organization IX not XIII 

They were part of the group, but Demyx and Luxord weren't even aware of what was REALLY going on. They didn't think they were part of something wrong. Marluxia and Larxene were evil, but they broke off and were taken care of themselves. 

And the same can be said of the Organization XIII members as the TT kids. Demyx and Luxord weren't necessary beyond boss battles. Even Marluxia and Larxene could have been replaced by any number of the other Org XIII members really. They were really just filler so that the Organization could have a really cool-sounding number. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE THE LAST FOUR OF THE GROUP. 9, 10, 11, 12.

Edited by Kaweebo

You're thinking WAY too hard about something that's not even that big a deal. I'm just basing my logic off of their characteristics and personalities. 

Instead of thinking that their backstories are SO important to the story, how about thinking that they're not? As far as I'm concerned, Demyx, Larxene, Luxord and Marluxia aren't relevant anymore because their backstories weren't important. They only became interesting when they turned into Nobodies. Hell, look at Axel. If he wasn't so popular from CoM, it's a safe assumption that he wouldn't have made much of an appearance in KHII. And I guarantee you he wouldn't have become a Keyblade wielder.

The characters that matter are explored. You don't need to know every detail about every character. Especially not in Kingdom Hearts, a series that prides itself on leaving loose ends and gaps in the story for you to speculate on. 

Even then, there's no guarantee they WON'T come back, anyway. And if they do, then it's clear that the writers figured they were important to for it. Outside that though, they don't matter. 

They were part of the group, but Demyx and Luxord weren't even aware of what was REALLY going on. They didn't think they were part of something wrong. Marluxia and Larxene were evil, but they broke off and were taken care of themselves. 

And the same can be said of the Organization XIII members as the TT kids. Demyx and Luxord weren't necessary beyond boss battles. Even Marluxia and Larxene could have been replaced by any number of the other Org XIII members really. They were really just filler so that the Organization could have a really cool-sounding number. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE THE LAST FOUR OF THE GROUP. 9, 10, 11, 12.

So they're just there to make the Organization XIII's name sound cools???

And they're just filler characters just like filler characters from any Naruto filler??

I don't demand an in-depth detailed explanation for them,just a simple one through reports or anything

Marluxia is important at the very least out of those four.At least give Marluxia more origins.

So they're just there to make the Organization XIII's name sound cools???

And they're just filler characters just like filler characters from any Naruto filler??

I don't demand an in-depth detailed explanation for them,just a simple one through reports or anything

Marluxia is important at the very least out of those four.At least give Marluxia more origins.

Yeah, basically. After all, all four of them are some of more underdeveloped characters as it is. 

It's not like I don't think it'd be worth seeing what their backstory was like or where they are now. I'm just not going to worry about it and just assume it's not important, because in all manner of likelihood, it isn't. Lea and Isa's backstory wasn't important either, but at least with them, they were plotting to overthrow the Organization from the inside instead of just blindly following it, ala Demyx and Luxord.

Okay, I kind of take back the part about Lea's backstory not being important. It's important in the sense that it's the only link we have to how he could have been able to summon a Keyblade. But again, I refer back to my 'Axel is only important because of fangirls' argument. Basically, writers will do what writers want. 

Yeah, basically. After all, all four of them are some of more underdeveloped characters as it is. 

It's not like I don't think it'd be worth seeing what their backstory was like or where they are now. I'm just not going to worry about it and just assume it's not important, because in all manner of likelihood, it isn't. Lea and Isa's backstory wasn't important either, but at least with them, they were plotting to overthrow the Organization from the inside instead of just blindly following it, ala Demyx and Luxord.

Okay, I kind of take back the part about Lea's backstory not being important. It's important in the sense that it's the only link we have to how he could have been able to summon a Keyblade. But again, I refer back to my 'Axel is only important because of fangirls' argument. Basically, writers will do what writers want. 

There is no denying that AxelLea is important to the story ever since his introduction since...y'know he actually helped Sora and the others more than once in terms of being a good guy

Sure I won't lose sleep if they didn't explain Marluxia's backstory and the others....but at the very least they should talk about it in at least the reports 

I hope they somehow include them in KH3. It's not enough that is known about them. Maybe they just do it like with previous KH games, where they showed what happens in a world after the game in the credits. We have completed the best game in history and then the credits roll, they show the fate of the 4 missing members randomly, what they are doing now and we all will be like "AHA! There they are!" 

I'd be satisfied with just that but their original names and a little appearance for each of them would be also sweet.

For the longest time,the origins of all Organization XIII members was explained except those 4

We know little to nothing about them aside from Marluxia's plan to take over the Organization,we never met or saw their human counterparts(or Somebody as it's stupidly named),we didn't even know when or where did they turned into heartlesses and became nobodies??

Sure we might get some explanation for them in KH3,but what guarantees us that they'll appear in KH3,maybe they'll get ignored again

Unless those four are acutally the foretellers that the KH X game talked about(as hard as it is to imagine Demyx being a wise guy),I don't know if we'll ever see them again or get an explanation on WTF are they supposed to even be.

They should've been shown somewhere in the previous games,they could've shown them in BBS alongside the others in Radiant Garden

That at least would've gave me a reason to care about Birth by Sleep

You had me up until that last statement...

I always thought if they don't get shown or at least have their backstories mentioned in KH 3, the perhaps KH 4, but maybe related to the plot of the next saga. Such a long stretch but whatever.

Honestly, besides Marluxia, everybody's origins are actually pretty straightforward if you just look at their personalities, anyway. Demyx was probably just some geeky kid in a shitty garage band playing his sitar. Then the Heartless came and firetrucked everything up and now he's a Nobody. Luxord was a card shark who liked to gamble a lot. Heartless came, firetrucked everything up. Larxene was a ninja/mercenary/bitch until the Heartless came and firetruckED EVERYTHING UP. The only one I'm not sure about is Marluxia. It looks like he's a ladies man, but he also has a really sinister, sadistic side, so maybe he was an evil ladies man who plotted to destroy all life or something until the Heartless came and FJKFDJSKLF Put me on the writing team coach, I'm ready.

See, while you could go with straight forward, it is much more interesting to do something different.We know that Demyx once had a strong heart. What if he lost it doing something important? He was that geeky musician no one paid much attention to, but he had a strong enough will to try and fight against the Heartless, and in the end it cost him his heart. And since then, he hasn't been able to make himself take risks again, explaining his laziness and cowardly nature. This is not necessarily what happened, but it's more pleasing and interesting then a simple blurb.Larxene can be another interesting study if she wasn't the sadistic monster we all know when she had a heart. With the loss of the ability to feel, one would also lose the ability to truly empathize. She didn't know or remember how to feel what someone else is feeling, so she went with the easy, negative emotions and their derivatives, maybe because it made her look tough, maybe because it was the only way she could pretend to feel things. There is a lot of possibilities.You are right. For the sake of the story, it would be easier to just ignore the missing Organization members or give them the obvious background their character indicates. But there is still a lot of potential to mold the characters further into something interesting, and not just a throw away villain.

The last statement is just my personal opinion about Birth by Sleep

I don't have to worship that game...I'm sorry

Oh no, don't get me wrong. I respect your opinion and I'm not telling you to worship the game or anything. I just personally think BBS was the best one storywise. A lot of people would argue that I didn't have much of an impact or wasn't their keychain for their keyblade. Actually, Kingdom Hearts 2 seems to be everyone's favorite, since it was a console game. But it's just my friendly opinion :) You made a good point on your initial topic about the 4 remaining Organization members. I've always wondered that myself...

See, while you could go with straight forward, it is much more interesting to do something different.We know that Demyx once had a strong heart. What if he lost it doing something important? He was that geeky musician no one paid much attention to, but he had a strong enough will to try and fight against the Heartless, and in the end it cost him his heart. And since then, he hasn't been able to make himself take risks again, explaining his laziness and cowardly nature. This is not necessarily what happened, but it's more pleasing and interesting then a simple blurb.Larxene can be another interesting study if she wasn't the sadistic monster we all know when she had a heart. With the loss of the ability to feel, one would also lose the ability to truly empathize. She didn't know or remember how to feel what someone else is feeling, so she went with the easy, negative emotions and their derivatives, maybe because it made her look tough, maybe because it was the only way she could pretend to feel things. There is a lot of possibilities.You are right. For the sake of the story, it would be easier to just ignore the missing Organization members or give them the obvious background their character indicates. But there is still a lot of potential to mold the characters further into something interesting, and not just a throw away villain.

You are absolutely right and those are also really interesting ways to take the characters, the problem is that they're not relevant. The only reason the other Organization members are focused upon is their connection to what happened with Ansem. Even Lea and Isa are more relevant given what they eventually become. Demyx, Luxord, Larxene and even Marluxia aren't really that important. Where their characters COULD be taken is really more subject for fanfiction than what will actually probably happen. 

But like I said, writers will do what they feel works best. We could always see them return. I doubt we'll ever know of their backstory, but I wouldn't put it past Square to show where they end up. 

Edited by Kaweebo

Oh no, don't get me wrong. I respect your opinion and I'm not telling you to worship the game or anything. I just personally think BBS was the best one storywise. A lot of people would argue that I didn't have much of an impact or wasn't their keychain for their keyblade. Actually, Kingdom Hearts 2 seems to be everyone's favorite, since it was a console game. But it's just my friendly opinion :) You made a good point on your initial topic about the 4 remaining Organization members. I've always wondered that myself...

It's the opposite from what I've seen in the fandom buddy

I saw a lot of BBS fanboys to the point some of them say that TerraAquaVen should replace Sora and they should defeat Xehanort or some nonsense like that

And whenever I say why I don't like BBS they go insane and flip out.....not you my friend....I mean the crazy side of the KH fandom

Demyx was probably just some geeky kid in a shitty garage band playing his sitar. Then the Heartless came and firetrucked everything up and now he's a Nobody.

Marluxia was a girl, but everything changed when the Heartless attacked...and by Heartless, I mean idiotic American sensors. Just look at Poison.

EDIT:

Waitwaitwait. SOME PEOPLE THINK TAV SHOULD DEFEAT XEHANORT, NOT SORA?

Are they high?

Edited by Oathkeeper136

It's the opposite from what I've seen in the fandom buddy

I saw a lot of BBS fanboys to the point some of them say that TerraAquaVen should replace Sora and they should defeat Xehanort or some nonsense like that

And whenever I say why I don't like BBS they go insane and flip out.....not you my friend....I mean the crazy side of the KH fandom

They sound crazy... I'm not that big of a fanboy of BBS to the point where I want Sora to be replaced. Honestly, I was afraid of playing BBS because Sora wasn't the main character lol

You dare to replace Marluxia, there is no one who will ever replace Marluxia (Graceful Assassin, Lord of the Castle) and Larxene. Those two were almost going to control Sora, which no one else ever did. And if you're telling that the story was a filler, then tell me how will you ever know how/why Sora slept and woke up in KHII without COM? How will you know about "Thanks Namine" without COM? How will you know about the death of the strongest team of Org? The game is not filler and none of KH games are filers because all of them are connected and needed to each others to form the complete story.

You dare to replace Marluxia, there is no one who will ever replace Marluxia (Graceful Assassin, Lord of the Castle) and Larxene. Those two were almost going to control Sora, which no one else ever did. And if you're telling that the story was a filler, then tell me how will you ever know how/why Sora slept and woke up in KHII without COM? How will you know about "Thanks Namine" without COM? How will you know about the death of the strongest team of Org? The game is not filler and none of KH games are filers because all of them are connected and needed to each others to form the complete story.

Of course CoM isn't filler. None of the games are filler with the exception of Coded. I'm just saying they could have easily replaced Marluxia with, say, Xigbar. He could have survived the final fight and it wouldn't have mattered anyway because Sora wouldn't have remembered it. That's how flexible CoM is.

Honestly, at this point, I would almost rather those four remain a mystery. The over-explanation of things in recent games has kind of sucked out the fun of speculation. To wonder what they do in their regular lives, and where they are in the world, is kind of fun without a definitive answer. Especially for Larxene and Marluxia: their story arc in the series is kind of complete, and their roles have been fulfilled as antagonists. Even Demyx kind of has a rising and falling action that finds a satisfying end. They only one we don't really know much about is Luxord, though I've a nagging suspicion that there's something going on with him, if only because he's third-from-last man standing in the Organization. 

Regardless, given that their roles are complete in-story, I don't see much need to either bring them back, or to examine their origins.