Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
King.Mickey

Sony has 78% chance to go bankrupt in two years.

If anything it would make sense to drop the production of TVs and other electronics and focus on gaming, since they're doing well in that aspect.  Or limit the number of other items they produce.  

I like my Sony phone though.

Something about algorithms and Sony's stocks plummeting in price yada yada yada. That's basically the gist of it

Oh ok thanks

Fool. No one answer Lalalablah. Read it, then join the conversation. I'm Sony will live.

Not interested in joining the conversation. I was just wondering if it said something and it required too much effort to search for it when I had no interest in the subject. And somebody was kind enough to let me know.

Oh ok thanksNot interested in joining the conversation. I was just wondering if it said something and it required too much effort to search for it when I had no interest in the subject. And somebody was kind enough to let me know.

Fool. They gave you false information.

CoolEither way it's pretty easy to see from both the title and his response that the calculated percentage more than likely isn't accurate.

Hmm yeah I suppose they could be wrong, it does seem a little too far fetched that stocks decreasing could cause such a thing.

It doesn't really explain much other than "We used algorithms and compared it to their stocks." So I'm gonna call BS on this.

Hmm yeah I suppose they could be wrong, it does seem a little too far fetched that stocks decreasing could cause such a thing. It doesn't really explain much other than "We used algorithms and compared it to their stocks." So I'm gonna call BS on this.

I can't really tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Stocks decreasing could cause that though. Whether that number is accurate or not is what matters. Like how many other factors does that algorithm take into place, does it work based off MPT, and how many models made, etc. I don't know much of how those specific algorithms work.

I can't really tell if you're being sarcastic or not.Stocks decreasing could cause that though. Whether that number is accurate or not is what matters. Like how many other factors does that algorithm take into place, does it work based off MPT, and how many models made, etc. I don't know much of how those specific algorithms work.

Not being sarcastic; I meant what I said. 

But I looked into how much their stocks dropped and it only went from 18 to 16. Sorry I wasn't clear.

I just don't see a big company like Sony going bankrupt any time soon, especially with how many PS4s they're selling.

If anything it would make sense to drop the production of TVs and other electronics and focus on gaming, since they're doing well in that aspect.  Or limit the number of other items they produce.  

I like my Sony phone though.

They've already stopped production of their computer range. I suspect their TVs might be on the way out too. Sony is becoming more gaming oriented. 

Not being sarcastic; I meant what I said.  But I looked into how much their stocks dropped and it only went from 18 to 16. Sorry I wasn't clear. I just don't see a big company like Sony going bankrupt any time soon, especially with how many PS4s they're selling.

Oh I misunderstood you, I am sorry. Then yeah 18 to 16 doesn't seem that much, you are right. I don't see it going bankrupt soon either. I actually ended up skimming the article but I found what program they used. Macroaxis uses modern portfolio theory, and from what my teacher said about that is that it doesn't really take into consideration factors of the real world. I had to look up some more about it since I still don't know too much, but the Wikipedia page gave a list of it's criticisms that may give reason as to why this percentage should not be trusted at all.

They've already stopped production of their computer range. I suspect their TVs might be on the way out too. Sony is becoming more gaming oriented. 

That would be sad, as Sony has some of the highest quality TVs.

That would be sad, as Sony has some of the highest quality TVs.

I see many TV makers stopping production of their ranges over the next decade with the way technology is evolving.  I don't think we need so many.

I'm Panasonic all the way for TVs.

Sorry but, aren't video game companies kind of always on the verge of bankruptcy? It's not as lucrative a business as people like to think. Besides, Sony makes more than just the PS systems and it's their accessories, don't forget, they make things like T.V.s and stuff too and it looks like that's the side that's suffering. If they have to close one branch, it's not going to be the one that's making them the most money. The PS4 would be the last thing they stop making.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Sorry but, aren't video game companies kind of always on the verge of bankruptcy? It's not as lucrative a business as people like to think. Besides, Sony makes more than just the PS systems and it's their accessories, don't forget, they make things like T.V.s and stuff too and it looks like that's the side that's suffering. If they have to close one branch, it's not going to be the one that's making them the most money. The PS4 would be the last thing they stop making.

If Sony closed all branches except for the PlayStation one, they might as well just close it anyway. Without the other branches, Sony couldn't be large enough to support exclusivity on their platform. Without exclusives there wouldn't be any point in PlayStation continuing.

If Sony closed all branches except for the PlayStation one, they might as well just close it anyway. Without the other branches, Sony couldn't be large enough to support exclusivity on their platform. Without exclusives there wouldn't be any point in PlayStation continuing.

But, as more previously exclusive titles go Multi-platform as has been happening lately, the days of platform exclusive titles seem too be going by the wayside.

Sony has been losing money in literally everything except the Playstation. Most of that money is being lost in music licensing that isn't giving the return they expect. 

Sony makes great stuff but they have always been bad with the business side of things. 

It's not as lucrative a business as people like to think. 

Which is why gaming is currently the 5th largest industry in the entire world.