Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Okay, so I was rewatching some scenes from DDD, particularly the end, because the end is always the most climactic in KH games. As Young Xehanort was explaining the whole time traveling mumbo jumbo to Sora, there was one thing I couldn't wrap my head around, but it has nothing to do with time travel. It's Sora. They make it seem like everything was planned & based around Sora. Supposedly Ansem made sure he was there when Destiny Islands fell to darkness & made sure Sora was there so he could travel there for the beginning of his Mark of Mastery exam, by using Kairi. What doesn't make sense it that Sora shouldn't have even been on any of the Xehanort's radar until after he defeated Ansem. The story used to say that Ansem was just there looking for the heart of that world, but now he was there to ensure that Xehanort could manipulate the exam of Sora & Riku, two people that shouldn't have mattered in the slightest to them or their plans. So, my question is WHY SORA? Maybe I forgot or missed something, but if Sora didn't stop Ansem, then Xehanort wouldn't even know he existed. I know why they want him now, but why then? It's not like they could have known the keyblade would choose him or even Riku for that matter. I hope you guys understand what I'm asking & where I'm coming from. I don't feel like I explained it very well.

Edited by NO_HEART_XIII

Okay, so I was rewatching some scenes from DDD, particularly the end, because the end is always the most climactic in KH games. As Young Xehanort was explaining the whole time traveling mumbo jumbo to Sora, there was one thing I couldn't wrap my head around, but it has nothing to do with time travel. It's Sora. They make it seem like everything was planned & based around Sora. Supposedly Ansem made sure he was there when Destiny Islands fell to darkness & made sure Sora was there so he could travel there for the beginning of his Mark of Mastery exam, by using Kairi. What doesn't make sense it that Sora shouldn't have even been on any of the Xehanort's radar until after he defeated Ansem. The story used to say that Ansem was just there looking for the heart of that world, but now he was there to ensure that Xehanort could manipulate the exam of Sora & Riku, two people that shouldn't have mattered in the slightest to them or their plans. So, my question is WHY SORA? Maybe I forgot or missed something, but if Sora didn't stop Ansem, then Xehanort wouldn't even know he existed. I know why they want him now, but why then? It's not like they could have known the keyblade would choose him or even Riku for that matter. I hope you guys understand what I'm asking & where I'm coming from. I don't feel like I explained it very well.

Because if he wasn't, there wouldn't be enough to make a fitting story for Kingdom Hearts III.

Sora is the guy trying to stop them. Along with riku. So master xehanort is trying to get sora on their side so his plan can be completed and use it to get the "x-blade" Tbh, i don't have much of an answer to your question :/. I hope somebody can answer this better.

I don't know why they did that, but the reason why they choice him was because Sora's heart is weak to the darkness while Riku's heart is very strong to the darkness. That weakness that Sora had was taken advantage by the true organization by using Sora's body to be a vessel.To prove that this is true look at this scene  in KH3d after Sora defeats Xemnas. 

Edited by Zeldablade7

Sora is the guy trying to stop them. Along with riku. So master xehanort is trying to get sora on their side so his plan can be completed and use it to get the "x-blade" Tbh, i don't have much of an answer to your question :/. I hope somebody can answer this better.

Yeah, I know why they want him now, but there was no reason for Ansem to be there on Destiny Islands to ensure that they could take over their Mark of Mastery exam. Sora was just an ordinary boy, with no keyblade and no potential to become a vessel for the XIII seekers of darkness.

The attempt to try and make it sound like Xehanort planned everything is ridden with plot holes, and grows more and more absurd the more one delves into it. Especially when one considers that he had no way of knowing that Yen Sid would start the test in a faux Destiny Islands.

Actually Xehanort first targeted Riku and was still targeting Riku in DDD until he realized Riku had controlled his darkness . Then it was like what was said in DDD - he went down the list . They also considered Roxas but he became too aware of himself . If Xemnas could've found Ven they prolly would've used him too

Then the question still stands, except why Riku? My question is, why Ansem was on Destiny Islands to ensure they could take over the Mark of Mastery exam of someone they didn't even know at the time. That's the key part of the question. Ansem or any other incarnation of Xehanort shouldn't have any reason to target Sora or Riku since they didn't know them, but yet Ansem was there for a specific reason. I appreciate you trying to help, but I feel like you didn't understand my question.

Then the question still stands, except why Riku? My question is, why Ansem was on Destiny Islands to ensure they could take over the Mark of Mastery exam of someone they didn't even know at the time. That's the key part of the question. Ansem or any other incarnation of Xehanort shouldn't have any reason to target Sora or Riku since they didn't know them, but yet Ansem was there for a specific reason. I appreciate you trying to help, but I feel like you didn't understand my question.

Because Nomura .That's all there is to it . 

The attempt to try and make it sound like Xehanort planned everything is ridden with plot holes, and grows more and more absurd the more one delves into it. Especially when one considers that he had no way of knowing that Yen Sid would start the test in a faux Destiny Islands.

Also I agree with this xD

This took me a while to understand as well. But here's what I've come up with. Yeah, so YX and Xigbar said that Ansem was at Destiny Islands to put everything in later games in motion, to make it seem that the wanted Sora from the beginning. However, I think they're bluffing. Ansem was there for Riku. Ansem had Terra's memories and saw that he had chosen Riku as a successor, because of Riku's desire for strength. That desire could've led Riku down a number of paths, so Ansem decided to take advantage of that and convinced Riku to destroy the home he hated and lead him down the path of darkness. Like you said, Sora wasn't even on the radar. Ansem eventually possessed Riku, and Sora defeated him. That made Xehanort curious, but he still continued to target Riku. Xehanort's actions led Yen Sid to make Sora and Riku take their unusual Mark of Mastery test, going back to the time where DI was consumed by darkness. YX took advantage of this moment in time to follow Sora and Riku during their test. While Xehanort was still considering using Riku as the 13th vessel during the test, Sora was the better candidate as he did not have the experience battling the darkness inside his heart as Riku did, which is why Sora had the Recusant's Sigil on his shirt. I don't believe that Xehanort planned everything around Sora, but his actions and the strength he showed put him on Xehanort's radar as a 13th vessel.

This took me a while to understand as well. But here's what I've come up with. Yeah, so YX and Xigbar said that Ansem was at Destiny Islands to put everything in later games in motion, to make it seem that the wanted Sora from the beginning. However, I think they're bluffing. Ansem was there for Riku. Ansem had Terra's memories and saw that he had chosen Riku as a successor, because of Riku's desire for strength. That desire could've led Riku down a number of paths, so Ansem decided to take advantage of that and convinced Riku to destroy the home he hated and lead him down the path of darkness. Like you said, Sora wasn't even on the radar. Ansem eventually possessed Riku, and Sora defeated him. That made Xehanort curious, but he still continued to target Riku. Xehanort's actions led Yen Sid to make Sora and Riku take their unusual Mark of Mastery test, going back to the time where DI was consumed by darkness. YX took advantage of this moment in time to follow Sora and Riku during their test. While Xehanort was still considering using Riku as the 13th vessel during the test, Sora was the better candidate as he did not have the experience battling the darkness inside his heart as Riku did, which is why Sora had the Recusant's Sigil on his shirt. I don't believe that Xehanort planned everything around Sora, but his actions and the strength he showed put him on Xehanort's radar as a 13th vessel.

I like this theory quite a bit, especially the part about Ansem having memories of Terra making Riku his sucessor. That would definitely put Riku on the Nort's radar. However, I still don't see how they could have known Yen Sid would have done the Mark of Mastery exam the way he did, or that he would even be the one to give it, instead of some silly exam like Eraqus gave. Regardless, thanks for your insight, it is much appreciated. Edited by NO_HEART_XIII

I like this theory quite a bit, especially the part about Ansem having memories of Terra making Riku his sucessor. That would definitely put Riku on the Nort's radar. However, I still don't see how they could have known would have done the Mark of Mastery exam the way they did, instead of some silly exam like Eraqus gave. Regardless, thanks for your insight, it is much appreciated.

No problem, that's one of the crappy things about time travel in a series that didn't originally revolve around it. As for the Mark of Mastery, I think Xehanort planned for Yen Sid to think of that test. Xehanort would've known that Yen Sid would know that a person is re-completed when their Heartless and Nobody were destroyed and that MX would return. MX knew that Yen Sid would try to prepare Sora and Riku for his return by making them take their Mark of Mastery exam. Both MX and Yen Sid knew that there were sleeping hearts waiting to be awakened and that the only way to obtain the power of waking a heart from its sleep was by unlocking 7 sleeping Keyholes. And the only way to enter the Real of Sleep was by unlocking a gateway to it in a world being consumed by darkness, which both Yen Sid and MX knew, so Yen Sid sent Sora and Riku back to DI when it was destroyed and YX used Ansem to enter that time frame.

...Does this make any sense?

Pretty much because he's the main character.  Same reason elaborate stages of events set up in every movie so that -x- happens to -y-, but you never got to see their shitty life beforehand

Well at the beginning of Blank Points in Birth by Sleep Master Xehanort said that he made sure he had many paths he could us in order to accomplish his goal in reliving the Keybalde War and getting Kingdom Hearts.  His first goal was for his heartless Ansem to have Maleficent to gather the 7 princesses as the 7 parts of the X-blade and his Nobody Xemnas to gather the 13 Darkness known as the Organization 13.  Now the reason why Ansem was at Destiny Island to begin with probably had something to do with Riku but it could also have had something to do with Kairi since he apparently knew that she was one of the 7 princesses.  Fast forward to when Ansem possessed Riku he needed Riku in order for him to have the body that we now see him as and not just some shadow figure in a robe and Sora made Roxas who would become a member of Organization 13 now somehow someway Xemans or some kind of form of Xheanort was watching what was going one and saw how Sora beat Riku and that was probably what was the reason they started seeing him as a treat and maybe as a way to achieve their goal that much easier.  Now we go into Kingdom Hearts 2 Sora and friends beat Ansem part one of bring back the original Master Xheanort Organization 13 had already lost more then half of their members thanks to Sora and Riku and it seemed that they were going to lose the rest of their members which they did but there in lies the problem since both Ansem and Xemnas have been beaten that means that the original Master Xheanort can come back and put into motion another one of this paths to achieve his goal.  Now here comes the events of Dream Drop Distance.  Yen Sid sent Sora and Riku back in time to the night of when the Islands where going to be consumed by Darkness and if you remember Ansem in his robe form was there that night so he was also in that point when Yen Sid sent them back and could fallow them and set into motions of what happen in Dream Drop Distance. Now like many have said they weren't originally going after Sora but when they found out that Riku had a resistance they had to do like Young Xhenaort said "move down the list like the Keyblade did and pick the next best thing" which was Sora since he I guess proved himself to be a worth vessel.  So yeah this is pretty much how I see it.

No problem, that's one of the crappy things about time travel in a series that didn't originally revolve around it. As for the Mark of Mastery, I think Xehanort planned for Yen Sid to think of that test. Xehanort would've known that Yen Sid would know that a person is re-completed when their Heartless and Nobody were destroyed and that MX would return. MX knew that Yen Sid would try to prepare Sora and Riku for his return by making them take their Mark of Mastery exam. Both MX and Yen Sid knew that there were sleeping hearts waiting to be awakened and that the only way to obtain the power of waking a heart from its sleep was by unlocking 7 sleeping Keyholes. And the only way to enter the Real of Sleep was by unlocking a gateway to it in a world being consumed by darkness, which both Yen Sid and MX knew, so Yen Sid sent Sora and Riku back to DI when it was destroyed and YX used Ansem to enter that time frame....Does this make any sense?

Surprisingly... yes, it does kinda make sense. It's a lot of "what it's" and long shots, but it's believable and until the truth is confirmed or elaborated on, I'm going to pretend your theories are canon to make myself feel better. Lol. I just want my favorite series to make sense & you've clearly put a lot of thought into this. Another thing worth mentioning is that in BBS, if you talk to Yen Sid as Terra, he says that he used to train with Eraqus & Xehanort, meaning that personal relationship could have helped Xehanort predict what Yen Sid would do. That also made me think that Yen Sid was the 3rd friend with Xehanort & Eraqus, because there are usually groups of 3 friends in KH, but that isn't what this thread is about.....Anyway, I wasn't expecting such a good answer, so thank you.

Surprisingly... yes, it does kinda make sense. It's a lot of "what it's" and long shots, but it's believable and until the truth is confirmed or elaborated on, I'm going to pretend your theories are canon to make myself feel better. Lol. I just want my favorite series to make sense & you've clearly put a lot of thought into this. Another thing worth mentioning is that in BBS, if you talk to Yen Sid as Terra, he says that he used to train with Eraqus & Xehanort, meaning that personal relationship could have helped Xehanort predict what Yen Sid would do. That also made me think that Yen Sid was the 3rd friend with Xehanort & Eraqus, because there are usually groups of 3 friends in KH, but that isn't what this thread is about.....Anyway, I wasn't expecting such a good answer, so thank you.

You're welcome :) Happy to help.

I think this should answer your question.

Opening the door to the world's heart causes its walls to crumble. These fragments are seen as shooting stars. This explains why these "gummi blocks" can travel freely to other worlds. I know the catalyst of the collapse, the appearance of the Heartless. However, it will take time to search out the worlds' doors, and to retrieve each heart.Furthermore, the doors can be locked using a Keyblade making the heart forever unattainable. I must take action before the wielder of this key appears in this world. If the princesses and the Keyblade are connected, they should resonate. I have chosen a girl. I don't know if she holds the princesses' powers, but I will find out. She may lead me to the key bearer.I shall set her free and observe.

Xehanort knows that Sora has Ventus' heart, Young Xehanort (and a ghostly apparition of Vanitas, ironically there because of a reaction inside of Sora's heart because of Ventus) says directly to Sora: "Hypocrite, you are the one who has made your heart a prison, even if you are not the prisoner". If Young Xehanort can pick that out then Xehanort definitely did too, it's questionable whether Xemnas knew pre-DDD though because of his actions throughout days.

Simple and clean my friend.  Xehanort has the incredible gift of foresight.  Or he decided to make Sora his obsession, thus doing all the elaborate schemes that he did in order to make Sora his vessel.  The old man wants to be inside him.  Sora is young, Sora is fresh.  I don't see where the problem is in understanding that! xD

In all seriousness though, since Sora's heart is so strong and connected to so many people, it's only natural the old coot would want to use his strong heart and body as a vessel. :P

Actually Xehanort first targeted Riku and was still targeting Riku in DDD until he realized Riku had controlled his darkness . Then it was like what was said in DDD - he went down the list . They also considered Roxas but he became too aware of himself . If Xemnas could've found Ven they prolly would've used him too

Your assuming that everything took place before Kingdom Hearts 2 not after. Everything in Kingdom Hearts 3D for Sora and Riku was after Kingdom Hearts 2. Plus Xehanort can time travel and send his consciousness back and forth to a different version of himself so he can manipulate events to go the way he wants them to. This explains why Ansem knew to be on Destiny Islands when it fell into darkness. As for why they chose Sora well Flaming Lea explained it. They originally wanted Riku but he resisted the darkness. Then they found Roxas but Roxas became too aware of himself and merged back with Sora. And since Roxas was now within Sora, sora was next on the list.