Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
VeNate13

KH3D Can dream eaters exist in the real world?

So I know this is probably a dumb question but can dream eaters exist outside the dream realm? I mean in Kingdom Hearts 3D in TWTNW the real one, Riku appeared in his dream eater form with his dream eaters, but that was of course a special case. But still could something happen to make them appear in the real world?

So I know this is probably a dumb question but can dream eaters exist outside the dream realm? I mean in Kingdom Hearts 3D in TWTNW the real one, Riku appeared in his dream eater form with his dream eaters, but that was of course a special case. But still could something happen to make them appear in the real world?

Probably not, even if I don't know what would happen if they entered the real world...

I was confused about the ending of DDD, but then I realized that Sora simply went to sleep. I was so lost my first playthough, I was expecting Sora to keep his clothes and everything. Thankfully Flaming Lea explained everything. On topic, I don't think it's going to happen, and I hope it doesn't.

Well I think that if things can go in, then things can also go out

It's a bit different. You have to go to sleep to even get there and you have to wake up to get out. Dream Eaters aren't alseep. So, they can't even wake up to get out.

It's a bit different. You have to go to sleep to even get there and you have to wake up to get out. Dream Eaters aren't alseep. So, they can't even wake up to get out.

I know, in fact I just said that I think it's possible, somehow

Hmm....I asked myself this question when I was playing DDD. I'm gonna say yes, because at the very end of the game (after Sora and Riku have returned to the current world) Sora leaves and goes to Traverse Town. At first there's no one there...but suddenly, a swarm of Dream Eaters start floating down from the sky to greet him. 

I thought that the part in the world that never was happened in the real world, which is why yen sid was able too finally find them and why mickey, donald, goofy, and lea were able to get there.

No, Dream Eaters cannot exist outside of the Realm of Sleep. The reason Dream Eaters were able to exist in TWTNW is because TWTNW is a unique world that can exist in both the Realm Between and the Realm of Sleep at the same time.

Dream Eaters are physical embodiments of dreams. Bringing Dream Eaters to the Realm of Light is just as impossible as bringing your dreams to reality. Who knows though, it could be possible through a method we don't know about yet. Maybe you can bring them to the real world through TWTNW.

Well we did see them in Traverse Town in the RoL so maybe they do.

Traverse Town exists where it's needed. Traverse Town went to the Realm of Sleep because it was needed there by the TWEWY characters. When Sora unlocked Traverse Town's Sleeping Keyhole, nothing happened, because it was still needed in the Realm of Sleep. Traverse Town is still currently in the Realm of Sleep, because it is needed by Sora and Riku's Dream Eaters.

I thought that the part in the world that never was happened in the real world, which is why yen sid was able too finally find them and why mickey, donald, goofy, and lea were able to get there.

No, TWTNW is a unique world that is able to exist in both the Realm Between and the Realm of Sleep at the same time. That is why Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Lea were able to go there.

Hmm....I asked myself this question when I was playing DDD. I'm gonna say yes, because at the very end of the game (after Sora and Riku have returned to the current world) Sora leaves and goes to Traverse Town. At first there's no one there...but suddenly, a swarm of Dream Eaters start floating down from the sky to greet him. 

Traverse Town is a unique world that exists where it is needed. That's why it was in the Realm of Sleep in the first place, because it was needed by the TWEWY characters. When Sora unlocked it's Sleeping Keyhole, nothing happened, because it was still needed in the Realm of Sleep. Traverse Town is still currently in the Realm of Sleep because it is needed by Sora and Riku's Dream Eaters.

Edited by Elfdemon_

No, Dream Eaters cannot exist outside of the Realm of Sleep. The reason Dream Eaters were able to exist in TWTNW is because TWTNW is a unique world that can exist in both the Realm Between and the Realm of Sleep at the same time. Dream Eaters are physical embodiments of dreams. Bringing Dream Eaters to the Realm of Light is just as impossible as bringing your dreams to reality. Who knows though, it could be possible through a method we don't know about yet. Maybe you can bring them to the real world through TWTNW. Traverse Town exists where it's needed. Traverse Town went to the Realm of Sleep because it was needed there by the TWEWY characters. When Sora unlocked Traverse Town's Sleeping Keyhole, nothing happened, because it was still needed in the Realm of Sleep. Traverse Town is still currently in the Realm of Sleep, because it is needed by Sora and Riku's Dream Eaters. No, TWTNW is a unique world that is able to exist in both the Realm Between and the Realm of Sleep at the same time. That is why Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Lea were able to go there. Traverse Town is a unique world that exists where it is needed. That's why it was in the Realm of Sleep in the first place, because it was needed by the TWEWY characters. When Sora unlocked it's Sleeping Keyhole, nothing happened, because it was still needed in the Realm of Sleep. Traverse Town is still currently in the Realm of Sleep because it is needed by Sora and Riku's Dream Eaters.

Didn't they unlock all the keyholes though? Yen Sid did say Sora and Riku both unlocked the seven keyholes and therefore they released those worlds from their prison of slumber. That includes Traverse Town for the world had the 4th and 5th districts fall to slumber. Every world in the Realm of Sleep was awoken. TWTNW was a world that was not destroyed by darkness, but just rather fell to sleep. That fate was different whereas every world we have seen in the RoS was consumed by darkness, but then not fully returned. So with this said, Traverse Town had a keyhole and that hole was unlocked. Therefore, wasn't this world awakened?

Didn't they unlock all the keyholes though? Yen Sid did say Sora and Riku both unlocked the seven keyholes and therefore they released those worlds from their prison of slumber. That includes Traverse Town for the world had the 4th and 5th districts fall to slumber. Every world in the Realm of Sleep was awoken. TWTNW was a world that was not destroyed by darkness, but just rather fell to sleep. That fate was different whereas every world we have seen in the RoS was consumed by darkness, but then not fully returned. So with this said, Traverse Town had a keyhole and that hole was unlocked. Therefore, wasn't this world awakened?

Yes, they unlocked all the 7 Sleeping Keyholes. But, it didn't do anything to Traverse Town because it was still needed by the TWEWY characters. Like I said, Traverse Town exists where it's needed. That's how it ended up in the Realm of Sleep in the first place. It was needed. Unlocking it's Sleeping Keyhole didn't do anything because it was still needed.

The World That Never Was is a special world that can exist in both the Realm Between and the Realm of Sleep. A world can't just randomly fall into sleep.

Yes, they unlocked all the 7 Sleeping Keyholes. But, it didn't do anything to Traverse Town because it was still needed by the TWEWY characters. Like I said, Traverse Town exists where it's needed. That's how it ended up in the Realm of Sleep in the first place. It was needed. Unlocking it's Sleeping Keyhole didn't do anything because it was still needed. The World That Never Was is a special world that can exist in both the Realm Between and the Realm of Sleep. A world can't just randomly fall into sleep.

That doesn't make any sense. "Unlocking didn't do anything because it was needed"? That completely makes the purpose of unlocking keyholes in the RoS moot and worthless meaning they went there just about for no reason. They unlocked the keyholes there and set the worlds free. If they didn't do that then what did they go there for? Yes for their Mark of Mastery, but if that wasn't for unlocking the keyholes, then why did they go? It wasn't to take a tour of the RoS.

That doesn't make any sense. "Unlocking didn't do anything because it was needed"? That completely makes the purpose of unlocking keyholes in the RoS moot and worthless meaning they went there just about for no reason. They unlocked the keyholes there and set the worlds free. If they didn't do that then what did they go there for? Yes for their Mark of Mastery, but if that wasn't for unlocking the keyholes, then why did they go? It wasn't to take a tour of the RoS.

"If they didn't do that then what did they go there for?" They went there to unlock the Sleeping Keyholes, which they successfully did.

When Sora and Mickey closed the Door to Darkness in the first Kingdom Hearts, that restored all of the worlds from the Realm of Darkness back to the Realm of Light. There were 5 worlds that didn't fully return for unknown reasons. Those worlds ended up in a completely separate realm, known as the Realm of Sleep. Those 5 Sleeping Worlds were: La Cite des Cloches, Prankster's Paradise, The Grid, Country of the Musketeers, and Symphony of Sorcery.

1 other world ended up in the Realm of Sleep later. This world did not go to the Realm of Sleep at the same time as the others did. That world is Traverse Town. Traverse Town went to the Realm of Sleep, because it was needed there. Traverse Town is a unique world that exists where it's needed.

The World That Never Was is also sort of in the Realm of Sleep. Like I said, The World That Never Was is a unique world that is able to exist in both the Realm Between and the Realm of Sleep. Yen Sid did not know that this world could exist in both of these realms at once.

For Sora and Riku's Mark of Mastery Exam, Yen Sid decided to have them go to the Realm of Sleep and save those 5 worlds + Traverse Town. He did not know that unlocking Traverse Town's keyhole wouldn't do anything.

The 7 Keyholes that Sora and Riku unlocked were: Destiny Islands, Traverse Town, La Cite des Cloches, Prankster's Paradise, The Grid, Country of the Musketeers, and Symphony of Sorcery.

Yen Sid sent Sora and Riku back in time to Destiny Islands before the moment when it fell to darkness. It is not a Sleeping World. Yen Sid just sent them back there and had them build a raft simply for symbolism. It was just to symbolize the whole theme that they're starting over from the beginning and relearning everything about the Keyblade. This is also why Yen Sid changed their appearances. Sora and Riku then unlocked the first Sleeping Keyhole, which wasn't the Keyhole of Destiny Islands, it was just a gateway into the Realm of Sleep.

The next Keyhole they unlocked was the one in Traverse Town. They actually unlocked 2 Keyholes here, but the 2nd one they unlocked was just a gateway, like the one on Destiny Islands was, but that Keyhole didn't count as one of the "7 Keyholes that they had to unlock for the test", because of course, Yen Sid did not know that they would unlock a second one on Traverse Town. Traverse Town never left the Realm of Sleep because it was still needed by the TWEWY characters. At the end of DDD, Sora unlocks another gateway Keyhole to the Realm of Sleep and goes to Traverse Town. There, he sees that the TWEWY characters are gone and most likely made their way back to their home world. He also met up with his Dream Eaters. That is why Traverse Town is still in the Realm of Sleep. It is still there because it is needed by his Dream Eaters as a home.

TL;DR: "if that wasn't for unlocking the keyholes, then why did they go?" It was for unlocking the Keyholes, which they successfully did. When did I ever say it wasn't for unlocking the keyholes?

Edited by Elfdemon_

"If they didn't do that then what did they go there for?" They went there to unlock the Sleeping Keyholes, which they successfully did. When Sora and Mickey closed the Door to Darkness in the first Kingdom Hearts, that restored all of the worlds from the Realm of Darkness back to the Realm of Light. There were 5 worlds that didn't fully return for unknown reasons. Those worlds ended up in a completely separate realm, known as the Realm of Sleep. Those 5 Sleeping Worlds were: La Cite des Cloches, Prankster's Paradise, The Grid, Country of the Musketeers, and Symphony of Sorcery. 1 other world ended up in the Realm of Sleep later. This world did not go to the Realm of Sleep at the same time as the others did. That world is Traverse Town. Traverse Town went to the Realm of Sleep, because it was needed there. Traverse Town is a unique world that exists where it's needed. The World That Never Was is also sort of in the Realm of Sleep. Like I said, The World That Never Was is a unique world that is able to exist in both the Realm Between and the Realm of Sleep. Yen Sid did not know that this world could exist in both of these realms at once. For Sora and Riku's Mark of Mastery Exam, Yen Sid decided to have them go to the Realm of Sleep and save those 5 worlds + Traverse Town. He did not know that unlocking Traverse Town's keyhole wouldn't do anything. The 7 Keyholes that Sora and Riku unlocked were: Destiny Islands, Traverse Town, La Cite des Cloches, Prankster's Paradise, The Grid, Country of the Musketeers, and Symphony of Sorcery. Yen Sid sent Sora and Riku back in time to Destiny Islands before the moment when it fell to darkness. It is not a Sleeping World. Yen Sid just sent them back there and had them build a raft simply for symbolism. It was just to symbolize the whole theme that they're starting over from the beginning and relearning everything about the Keyblade. This is also why Yen Sid changed their appearances. Sora and Riku then unlocked the first Sleeping Keyhole, which wasn't the Keyhole of Destiny Islands, it was just a gateway into the Realm of Sleep. The next Keyhole they unlocked was the one in Traverse Town. They actually unlocked 2 Keyholes here, but the 2nd one they unlocked was just a gateway, like the one on Destiny Islands was, but that Keyhole didn't count as one of the "7 Keyholes that they had to unlock for the test", because of course, Yen Sid did not know that they would unlock a second one on Traverse Town. Traverse Town never left the Realm of Sleep because it was still needed by the TWEWY characters. At the end of DDD, Sora unlocks another gateway Keyhole to the Realm of Sleep and goes to Traverse Town. There, he sees that the TWEWY characters are gone and most likely made their way back to their home world. He also met up with his Dream Eaters. That is why Traverse Town is still in the Realm of Sleep. It is still there because it is needed by his Dream Eaters as a home. TL;DR: "if that wasn't for unlocking the keyholes, then why did they go?" It was for unlocking the Keyholes, which they successfully did. When did I ever say it wasn't for unlocking the keyholes?

This world was used as a sanctuary for citizens of destroyed worlds. Then, it was used to help save the existences of the Shibuya kids. I did some research and refreshing. The world was a sleeping one and so they lock the keyhole. I realized in looking up information about the world that it has an awake version and a sleeping version. Sora went back to the sleeping version of this world to see the Spirits again. He just didn't have Yen Sid's magic that time. So really though, this thing about the world being needed and it exists where needed really is not the reason we see in KH3D. The world has two versions after all: awake and sleeping. Don't know if this is right or if it makes sense, but I think it does. Flaming Lea will know. Therefore, the answer to the question here is no dream eaters can't exist in the real world RoL. I found all of this on the KH Wiki. http://www.khwiki.com/Traverse_Town

This world was used as a sanctuary for citizens of destroyed worlds. Then, it was used to help save the existences of the Shibuya kids. I did some research and refreshing. The world was a sleeping one and so they lock the keyhole. I realized in looking up information about the world that it has an awake version and a sleeping version. Sora went back to the sleeping version of this world to see the Spirits again. He just didn't have Yen Sid's magic that time. So really though, this thing about the world being needed and it exists where needed really is not the reason we see in KH3D. The world has two versions after all: awake and sleeping. Don't know if this is right or if it makes sense, but I think it does. Flaming Lea will know. Therefore, the answer to the question here is no dream eaters can't exist in the real world RoL. I found all of this on the KH Wiki. http://www.khwiki.com/Traverse_Town

Well, we are both correct. I am correct about it being there because it's needed and you're correct about there being 2 versions. Let me explain

In DDD, there are 2 versions of every world we go to in that game (aside from Destiny Islands and Mysterious Tower). The versions of the worlds that Sora goes to are the dreams of the worlds themselves and the versions of the worlds that Riku goes to are Sora's dreams of the worlds.

Sora was actually going to all of the Sleeping Worlds and unlocking their Keyholes, while Riku was trapped inside of Sora's dreams the entire time. That's why Riku's clothes changed. He became a Dream Eater.

After they unlocked the first Sleeping Keyhole on Destiny Islands, they went into the Realm of Sleep. Sora ended up there properly, while Riku ended up in Sora's dreams. In The World That Never Was, Sora ends up inside of his own dreams as well, that's why him and Riku are in the same place. Both Sora and Riku are inside of Sora's dreams in TWTNW, but Sora fell asleep again, making him go into his dreams a second time. That is what Ansem SoD meant by "a dream within a dream. A two-fold nightmare". Sora was going deeper and deeper into sleep (basically creating dream-ception) and he would've become trapped there forever if it weren't for Riku going back into his dreams and defeating the Armored Ventus Nightmare.

So yeah, there are 2 versions of the worlds in DDD because one of the versions is the actual version (The dream of the world) and the other version is within Sora's dreams. Actually, there would be infinite versions of the worlds in the Realm of Sleep since you could go inside of anyone's dreams.