Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lu Xun

If you could, would you change anything in the storyline of the KH games released so far?

If you could, would you change anything in the storyline of the KH games released so far?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. If you could, would you change anything in the storyline of the KH games released so far?

• Yeah! I would change many things! (Tell us!)
    • Yup! But only one thing! (Tell us!)
    • Nah... I wouldn't change a single thing.
    • Never thought about it... Maybe...
    • Another option? Tell us below!

Cut out time travel, cut out Xion, cut out all of BBS, make Kairi a playable character (preferably in her own dedicated game).

Really, if nothing else, I would make Kairi a more active character. She's a huge plot element in almost every game and we barely ever see her (and even then, she's got more personality than Xion and Aqua put together). One of the possible things I'm looking forward to the most for KH3 is a playable Kairi, or at least having her as a companion to do Limits or whatever the new stuff is going to be with.

Edited by HeyMouseSayCheese

I'd only fix a few of the translation errors (such as Roxas' last line to Xion).

…Maybe also make time travel make more sense (or at least have it be explained better) ¬_¬

- Stop Axel from being an ass (and cold, evil killer) in CoM. (Killing Vexen and Zexion the way he did has no justification.)

- Isa/Saix needs a better past (mostly Days' portion). Come on, look at the poor guy.

- Making Terra smarter is a must.

- Assuming Braig/Xigbar is still along with Xehanort's plan, he needs to change as well.

- Let us know the real names of members 9-12.

- Make Donald and Goofy better party members (KH 2).

- Riku shouldn't be jealous of Sora being friends with Donald and Goofy (KH 1). Seriously.

I probably have more, but this is enough. (You can easily tell which group of characters I feel need changing most...)

I have the feeling that I'm the only one who actually likes time travel in Kingdom Hearts.

Things that I'd change:

- Kairi needs a little more character development

- Same goes for Namine

- Yen Sid's "story" should be explained (Is he a Keyblade master? How did he teach Mickey?)

- I would remove some of the "goofiness" (pun intended) of the Disney characters

- More interaction between Sora and Roxas (Like in the Re:Coded movie)

- The original story should be distributed more evenly, not 90% in the beginning/end (People will continue playing)

- Maybe explain some plotholes though some of the fantasy/mystery could get lost

Design wise: 

- Sora's default face 

I Wouldn't Change "EVERYTHING"!! 

Just Extend The Story Further Back Than "Kingdom Hearts:  Birth By Sleep"...

Continue Into A "Kingdom Hearts 4" With The Main Character Being Sora & Kairi's Daughter...

Revise "Kingdom Hearts 3D:  Dream, Drop, Distance" By Including More Worlds & Switching "The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)" Out For "Tangled (2010)" As Well As Adding "Fantasia 2000 (1999)" To The Symphony Of Sorcery...

Place "The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)" In "Kingdom Hearts 3" So Judge Frollo's Darkness Can Control Large Groups Of Heartless (And Even Make Pete Nervous!!)...

Give Sora, Riku, & Kairi Families, Including Sora's Mom's Sister Being A Keyblade Wielder...

Give Riku A "Girlfriend" Who He Met While Aligned With Maleficent In "Kingdom Hearts 1"...

Include More Disney & Final Fantasy Characters In The Radiant Garden, & Have Riku Become Its Ruler After Xehanort's Downfall...

Include "Once Upon A Time" As The Setting(s) For The Original World BEFORE The Keyblade War, And Have Storybrooke Appear In "Kingdom Hearts 3"...

Include More Disney Sequels To Continue The Story Much Further And Make It More Complex...

Other Than That, I'm EXCELLENT With The Way The Series Has Unfolded.  The Rest I Shall Most-Likely Do In My KH Fan-Fiction Series.

post-39921-0-79017900-1416836168_thumb.jpg
post-39921-0-22576500-1418134165_thumb.jpg

Well the story is fine as it is i wouldn't change anything i am even okay with the time travel at the moment but if they mess it up later on i would maybe get rid of it then but they should make Chi in English since it is highly relevant for Kh 3's Plot.

1. No sideplot with Riku in DDD

Riku was the main character of DDD. Sora's story was the sideplot.

In my case, I'd probably let Kairi take a bit more action in KH2's climax, like the manga did, instead of completely sidelining her. I might tidy up the few inconsistancies in the series and tell BBS's story a little differently so that the relationships between characters aren't so dysfunctional.

But as far as the actual plot goes, I wouldn't change a thing. It's fine the way it is. I know time travel is very controversial, but I actually really like its inclusion.

Oh yeah, but I'd let Kairi join the boys in DDD. There's no reason why she couldn't talk with everyone, be involved and hang out at Yen Sid's tower during the test. The fact that she didn't seem to even exist until the secret ending is really annoying.

- Stop Axel from being an ass (and cold, evil killer) in CoM. (Killing Vexen and Zexion the way he did has no justification.)

- Let us know the real names of members 9-12.

- Make Donald and Goofy better party members (KH 2).

I probably have more, but this is enough. (You can easily tell which group of characters I feel need changing most...)

Axel killed those members as part of a plan with Saix to overthrow Organization XIII. It was a deliberate move to increase Saix's rank and lessen the numbers of those on Xemnas' side. Sadly, he and Saix's plan fell apart when the two of them fell out because of his friendship with Roxas and Xion.

I think the real names of 9-12 will be revealed in KH3, so that probably wouldn't be necessary.

And KH2 went out of its way to include Donald and Goofy as much as possible in events, to make the trio of them and Sora a really united team. It's why you hear characters go "Sora, Donald, Goofy." So much in it. Or were you talking about gameplay?

Edited by Roxasrox

I wouldn't like things to change now that the story is set up, so I would prefare to call it a hope for KHIII, which is for more Final Fantasy characters to appear. I would also like to see world's from Final Fantasy, and having some of their bosses to fight against, in stead of stupid Disney villans (not all of them are stupid, I liked Barbossa, for example). I would also add Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribean and I would really like to have a team up of Sora, Riku and Kairi.

I must also say that time travelling could add a lot of new stuff to KHIII, and I actually think it's a good idea. 

Just like Headphone Jack, I think that Kingdom Hearts really ended in KH2, having Xemnas as the final boss of the series.

1. Maleficent being the primary Disney Villain. She's talking too much about 'darkness' and actually wants things, that and she's immortal, I got peeved at all 3 of these changes. The Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty was only in it to send a message, "I can hurt you if you cross me, and I will own you forever". She is content with what she has, and having her become some Saturday Morning villain that never dies is corny...REALLY corny. I would change Maleficent back into what she used to be, a villain NOBODY can explain.2. Organization XIII is the only villain group in the main stream that's original, and it would be a little interesting if there were other original villains that didn't wear black coats and instead had clothes that didn't rip off any characters. Sura, Master Xehanort's the main enemy, but he and the 'black coats' seem to be a 'tell', showing everyone that if you wear a black coat, or the same clothes the first Kingdom Hearts villain waers, you're a 'bad guy'. I'd change the way villainy in Kingdom Hearts works, less anime-villain groups that dress similarilly, and more original villains, just like the villains in DC & Marvel, who can at times work together, but don't have to dress like each other.

3. The story is constantly using the whole "Oh no, darkness is an evil thing and if you turn off a light or blow out a candle, then it will hurt you" shtick. Good is good, evil is evil, I would change how corny the story is and make it so that just becasue somebody uses the element of darkness doesn't mean they're evil. Villains could also use light for villainy, like brainwashing, it works for religions and hate-groups, why not in Kingdom Hearts?

4. I would change how some levels appear and/or are portrayed, like how there are some games with Disney Worlds based on Direct-To-Video/DVD/Blu-Ray. I'd prefer Kingdom Hearts to NEVER have such abortions in their franchise. If there's a level that needs explaining, even in Kingdom Hearts sequels, Then I would make the plots match segments of the movies, and probably wait until the 3rd game in the trilogy to end those levels like their theatrical movies would. Like the Tarzan level, I would negotiate HARDER to keep that level in the franchise, and then wait for the 3rd to bring out Clayton's bad side and his pirate crew. And if there's something related to Mickey's past that needs to be seen, then I won't do something stupid like use the latest Mickey movie to show it, I'd go for either the classic Micky cartoons or theatrical movies/shorts to explain them.

5. NO CENSORSHIP!!!

6. I wouldn't get lost during the main story and just bring out a couple of random spin-offs to bring out how a piece of a trilogy is released, I would've planned the trilogy form the get-go, without the spin offs! It's that plain and simple, I just pitch ideas to my team, we work out how the story begins, progresses, then ends, and we have our trilogy!

7. I'd change Dream Drop Distance. I would've LOVED to have fought alongside Quasimodo as a party member, and I would enjoy a boss fight with Frollo. And the Fantasia level felt empty, dry, like I was barely scraping the surface! I would've added the characters, the other segments, and I would've been proud to do that!

8. Belle's village, the Sultan's palace, Eric's kingdom/village, the Palace of Justice, Deep Jungle's beach/ship, the ENTIRE town of Thebes, Mount Olympus, Pinocchio's home town, the Darling residence, Mulan's village, Jack Sparrow's island, the clif where the Evil Queen/Witch dies, Auroroa and the faries' cottage, Hawaii, the bar place in Tron: Legacy, Flynn's home, ALL of Fantasia would be accessed/playable.

Well,there are't many things I would change but off the top of my head things that I would actually change would be the ways sora acts,I mean alot of times he's really a dumbass and he's too naive I mean that's the way his dispostion is but sometimes I wish he would at least have some sort of intelligence sometimes,it really bugged me in DDD when jousha and riku where talking and they said it was way over sora's head a but before I go on to rant about this I'll keep it short.The only other thing I would really change would be by making soraxkairi happen much ealier(I'm sure it will happen in future games) and take that scene out where sora finally met up with riku in kh 2 and started crying like a little baby,I mean really?....but when he met back up with kairi he was like "meh" oh and this doesn't really have anything to do with the story line but....the size of all dem character models are so out of place sometimes,like when sora's hand was almost(if not bigger iirc)than kairi's back.....wtf...didn't that bug anyone else?

At first I thought to remove Xion from the entire story, but she was important because her existence is the reason it took Naminé a whole year to reawaken Sora. Then I thought of removing the Coded storyline completely, but that story is important because it's how Mickey knows that Sora still has work to do. Then I thought about 3D's time travel stuff, but as convoluted as it is, it still makes sense if you dig deep enough into it.

What I'm trying to get at is that I probably wouldn't change anything because each part of the story still makes sense with itself and, if anything, changing it might actually make the story more convoluted in the process.