Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Power Jusho

Official Tales of Berseria Discussion Thread

8 members have voted

1. 1. which of the following battle system would you like to see in Tales of Berseria?

• Tales of Xillia's battle system
    • Tales of Graces' battle system
    • a totally different and new battle system

My hopes for this:

PLEASE have a different graphical style than Xillia.

PLEASE have lots of costumes available in-game*.

Please make this protagonist interesting. Her outfit is making me think she's going to be a stereotypical "tough girl."

Also, I'd really like to have a storyline without spirits, or at least not the same ones we've used in Symphonia and Xillia. Not that I'm getting my hopes up for this one, since apparently all the Tales games with -ia in their titles deal with spirits.

*Seriously, I'm playing through Hearts R and I've already gotten some costumes at about 15 hours in. I got one from randomly staying at an inn and another by stumbling upon a secret beach on the world map. That's the kinda stuff I want. Now, I don't know if this will continue as a trend in Hearts R, but I hope so. Xillia 2 was also okay with its costumes, but a lot of them were just their clothes + color swaps from the first game.

Xillia's battle system was fantastic, not sure what you are talking about.

I'm still waiting for Zestiria to come to west  but I'm happy to see a new Tales of.

Xillia's battle system was fantastic, not sure what you are talking about.

I'm still waiting for Zestiria to come to west  but I'm happy to see a new Tales of.

I just got into the game a short while ago and since this is the first time I've playing Xillia 1, I don't think it's that good in my opinion, but it's probably going to change when I get close to beating the game. 

I just got into the game a short while ago and since this is the first time I've playing Xillia 1, I don't think it's that good in my opinion, but it's probably going to change when I get close to beating the game. 

I love Xillia. It was my first console Tales game. My first tales was Tales of the Abyss for 3DS and it was an "ehh" for me. The transition from the two games is huge and I found the combat much easier.

It's hard for me to get excited about a new Tales of game when I am still waiting on Zestiria.

Each Tales game basically just uses a slightly improved battle system from the previous game. Abyss is kinda dated by Xillia's standards

Each Tales game basically just uses a slightly improved battle system from the previous game. Abyss is kinda dated by Xillia's standards

I thought that each tales of game tried to do something different with their battle systems. 

I thought that each tales of game tried to do something different with their battle systems. 

in the same way Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed does something different

Don't get me wrong, I love most of the Tales games I've played, but Abyss definitely remains my favorite as well. The storyline was just so much more interesting than the others (especially since half of the others revolve around spirits in some form, which I personally find boring). It put a lot of effort into actually establishing the rules of the world, so to speak. Sure, that resulted in a lot of technical jargon (fonons, fonons everywhere), but personally I didn't find it off putting (though I would understand if someone else did). I also really liked the characters. Like, Abyss is the only Tales game where I liked every single member of the main party. X_X

Yeah, the graphics are a bit dated now (though I actually like the art style behind it), and there's room for improvement in the battle system (I've seen many people point out that the enemies seem to have a hard time fighting against free run), and the lack of voice acting during the skits in the English version stinks, but honestly it hasn't aged that badly.

But at this point I don't really need a game to beat Abyss, I just want a game that lives up to what I love about Tales of. Funny hijinks, colorful characters, entertaining story (doesn't have to be a good story, just a fun one, though of course good is welcome as well), amusing secrets and side quests, and a variety of costumes. Xilla, while still a good game, disappointed me in those regards. Xillia 2 improved pretty much all of that, but then gained weaknesses in other areas. Also, I never want them to go with Xilla's "World Map" equivalent again, though from what I hear Zesteria did improve that aspect very well.

At this point I just need:

• The same fun humor all the games have had
  • Fun skits
  • A cast of interesting and/or likeable characters
  • A way to go between locations that isn't painfully boring (Honestly, I'm all for bringing back the World Map and Airship system we had going on. Though continuing to improve upon whatever Zesteria did may be fine too, but I haven't played Zesteria yet.)
  • A new battle gimmick
  • More color in the art direction/graphics
  • A good amount of costumes that aren't DLC

and I'm good. Most of this is stuff that Tales of generally has, so I'm not too worried. I do agree that I want to play Zesteria before I get hyped about Beseria, though.

Don't get me wrong, I love most of the Tales games I've played, but Abyss definitely remains my favorite as well. The storyline was just so much more interesting than the others (especially since half of the others revolve around spirits in some form, which I personally find boring). It put a lot of effort into actually establishing the rules of the world, so to speak. Sure, that resulted in a lot of technical jargon (fonons, fonons everywhere), but personally I didn't find it off putting (though I would understand if someone else did). I also really liked the characters. Like, Abyss is the only Tales game where I liked every single member of the main party. X_X

Yeah, the graphics are a bit dated now (though I actually like the art style behind it), and there's room for improvement in the battle system (I've seen many people point out that the enemies seem to have a hard time fighting against free run), and the lack of voice acting during the skits in the English version stinks, but honestly it hasn't aged that badly.

But at this point I don't really need a game to beat Abyss, I just want a game that lives up to what I love about Tales of. Funny hijinks, colorful characters, entertaining story (doesn't have to be a good story, just a fun one, though of course good is welcome as well), amusing secrets and side quests, and a variety of costumes. Xilla, while still a good game, disappointed me in those regards. Xillia 2 improved pretty much all of that, but then gained weaknesses in other areas. Also, I never want them to go with Xilla's "World Map" equivalent again, though from what I hear Zesteria did improve that aspect very well.

At this point I just need:

• The same fun humor all the games have had
  • Fun skits
  • A cast of interesting and/or likeable characters
  • A way to go between locations that isn't painfully boring (Honestly, I'm all for bringing back the World Map and Airship system we had going on. Though continuing to improve upon whatever Zesteria did may be fine too, but I haven't played Zesteria yet.)
  • A new battle gimmick
  • More color in the art direction/graphics
  • A good amount of costumes that aren't DLC

and I'm good. Most of this is stuff that Tales of generally has, so I'm not too worried. I do agree that I want to play Zesteria before I get hyped about Beseria, though.

I noticed that you can literally run out of the enemy's mystic arte in Abyss too. Hopefully in future Tales of games, they will hopefully make it so that you can dodge the enemy's mystic arte without being able to chess them at the same time. I  agree with them not going back xilla's map because I prefer overworlds that are like Abyss and Hearts R. I also agree with them bringing more bright colors into future "tales of" games. :)

Edited by Kaito Daimon

Also, I never want them to go with Xilla's "World Map" equivalent again, though from what I hear Zesteria did improve that aspect very well.

Berseria will be pirate themed so I hope we'll see a bit of ocean exploration and maybe even diving (a bit like in ToE).

I wonder, if the ship's name will be Berseria...

Edited by Henne

So Velvet got featured on the latest issue of Famitsu and she's looking very skimpy!

Posted Image

We got some more screenshots of Berseria. Looks like development is going well

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by MythrilMagician

We got our first trailer for Tales of Berseria!

Wow the main character looks like Milla Maxwell with dyed hair. I really hope that this game has a really good plot like Xillia 2's plot. Xillia 2 had best and darkest plot in any Tales game. And that is something I really want to see with this new Tales game (but judging by how rushed this game looks the plot probably won't be that good). I really hope that this game turns out really good instead of feeling like a rushed product like their recent Tales games have been lately. Because it feels a little too early to announce a new mothership Tales title when Zestiria was released not too long ago.

The girl from the trailer looks so much like Milla,its too bad we didn't see anything from the gameplay,but I look forward to see more of that game.